PDA

View Full Version : PonderYonder?

Spinder
February 5th, 2023, 02:32 AM
This was a shop on Etsy, owned by a lovely lady named Lauren.

I wasn't sure if I should post a thread here, but I really wish to know, did anyone else purchase anything from her? Does anyone know why she has suddenly disappeared? :(

She had a selection of absolutely beautiful pieces in her shop, that were all made from more unusual woods. She was so wonderful to speak with, when I asked if she could pretty please do some custom pieces for me, out of some very specific and unusual woods I wanted, that nobody else works with, or had in stock. This is a stick she made for me out of snakewood. I thought her work was simply perfect.

https://i.ibb.co/c27VBPr/PXL-20230205-092010573-2.jpg

lapushka
February 5th, 2023, 04:58 AM
I had never heard of the shop before. Maybe it's good that you are giving it some attention.

I still wonder what happened to Ravenslair. :hmm: :( Sad this trend of disappearing shops.

GoatLady
February 5th, 2023, 08:35 AM
I hadn't heard of that shop. Sad that I missed it. :(

Shug
February 5th, 2023, 09:16 AM
I googled the shop name and there is a Facebook page for it still up, perhaps try messaging her on there and ask her why she took the Etsy down

Kat
February 5th, 2023, 10:15 AM
Have you tried googling it? I've heard before that a lot of Etsy sellers aren't happy about Etsy policies and I imagine some have struck out on their own... could be some of the "disappeared" sellers are on another Etsy-alternative site, or have created their own...

Spinder
February 6th, 2023, 04:02 AM
UPDATE: Even though Etsy's messaging system seems to have been wonky the past few days, thankfully, I got a message to Lauren, and she said that she is fine, but had to close her shop while her husband is away in Saudi Arabia. Though she, like many, is clearly not pleased with Etsy's new business model. She said she will still make pieces on request... I am so glad, because her work is just absolutely beautiful. Here's another amazing piece she made for me, of osage orange . :blossom:

https://i.ibb.co/g6xmrG7/PXL-20230206-104820632.jpg