PDA

View Full Version : What do you do with your hair on those busy weekday mornings?

Priska
January 30th, 2023, 03:05 AM
I must wake up very early and take my kid to daycare and then go to my own work... And now in winter time I need a hair do that I can keep under a hat. And if it's not so cold, a hair band. But many times I feel I don't have any time for my hair in the morning... when it comes to beautification, putting on a makeup already takes enough time. Horrible but many times I just go to work with my night braid. It would take far too long to brush my hair clear without tearing it, and make a beautiful hairdo in the morning. Or that's how I feel. That's why I'd like to get some ideas from other people. 🤔

Ylva
January 30th, 2023, 03:14 AM
I just throw my hair up in a lazy-wrap bun without brushing it. I think what you’re doing sounds fine if you’re cool with it and don’t specifically want to do something different. :) Or you could look into overnight hairstyles that you take down in the morning, such as heatless curls.

ETA: Maybe heatless curls rather than heartless :lol:

embee
January 30th, 2023, 05:28 AM
I put my hair in a quick bun, usually a top knot. Gets it out of my way too! Takes about 2 minutes, start to finish. :) One thing that cut time was to quit with makeup. Maybe lipgloss, that's enough. I wear glasses, no point in eye makeup. ;)

momof3mary
January 30th, 2023, 08:01 AM
As its not yet an inch long I just put a hat on it. That's probably going to be the case for the next year or two while I wait to be able to ponytail it with a scrunchie.

spidermom
January 30th, 2023, 08:28 AM
Most buns are very quick, so if I need to get my hair out of the way and get my arse in gear, that's what I do. The gibralter bun is my favorite because it holds like the rock of and is comfortable, too. I have a loose style of hat that accommodates my buns perfectly well. I think it's called a tam.

neko_kawaii
January 30th, 2023, 08:50 AM
Most buns that can be held with a hair stick or fork or claw are so quick, I don't comb just wrap wrap wrap and stab it with something and go. For hats, I either wear a big brimmed hat with a low nape bun or a loose knit cap that fits over hair toys. Warm headbands that cover the ears are another cold weather option. Actually, there is a large thread for winter hat/hair discussion you might like. (https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=11886)

mochichichi
January 30th, 2023, 11:21 AM
A fast bun is my go to! It's so convenient I don't do anything else.

gghh
January 30th, 2023, 11:32 AM
I like to do buns one week and keep my hair in braids the next week. With braids, I’ve found that it’s better to keep my hair in that braid for days at a time without undoing/redoing it because it really limits tangles. Frizz isn’t too bad with multiple braids (ex: 3 braids braided into one big braid). I don’t think it looks bad at all, it’s just a matter of learning more styles and figuring out what feels good to me.

Priska
January 30th, 2023, 11:38 AM
Thank you everyone! Thanks for the humor too! ;)

angel-baby
January 30th, 2023, 02:35 PM
French braids are my go-to if I have a couple minutes to spare. If I have no time at all, claw clip!

lithostoic
January 30th, 2023, 03:31 PM
Claw clips

Emila
January 30th, 2023, 11:20 PM
Yeah my ultimate rushed morning working mum hairstyle is a claw clip, but it's hard to find claw clips that fit all my hair. I have one! I don't know what I'll do when it breaks lol.

My other main hairstyle is a bun. if freshly washed I tend to avoid a lot of sectioning or braiding because I'm too fluffy. I do a cinnibun or a braided cinnibun. When oily I tend to do sectioned buns or braided buns. But cinnibun is my go to, if I'm time poor. I think I could do a flipped bun pretty quick too, as it's very similar to a cinnibun. And I think that the equilibrium bun will become another option as that also is quite fast and feels quite secure, but only works when my hair is less fluffy. Sometimes I do a sectioned hairstyle where I will part my head either ear to ear or down the middle, make 2 english braids, and bun them together somehow. This is when my hair is more oily or when my scalp is needing me to distribute the weight of my hair across different areas :p

I use spin pins. I love them. They hold my hair so much better than Bobby pins and they are basically invisible when they're in. I only need 2-4 pins but Bobby pins would have me there all day using millions of pins. Spin pins make bunning very fast for me.

If your braid looks fine after sleeping I don't see the problem with what you're doing now. Getting your kid taken care of and getting to work on time is enough to worry about! I say keep doing the braid if it works for you. Think of it as being so organised that you are doing your hair for work the night before! Maybe you could bun your braid and stick a headband on if you're worried about it being untidy after sleeping and if you use a wide fabric headband it should fit under a hat and it might help prevent hat hair? I have no idea though, I don't wear hats :p

mochichichi
January 31st, 2023, 11:08 AM
Yeah my ultimate rushed morning working mum hairstyle is a claw clip, but it's hard to find claw clips that fit all my hair. I have one! I don't know what I'll do when it breaks lol.

I outgrew my last gigantic and only remaining claw clip that could hold all my hair last year. Now instead of one giant one I use 2-3 medium claws (one on each side usually). I've found it's a lot less pulling on my scalp and a lot more secure.

Illia570
January 31st, 2023, 11:27 AM
My glasses are a great headband ;)

SandyBottom
January 31st, 2023, 12:21 PM
I don't wear makeup and my job isn't one I need to get all dolled up for. I bun it every day and usually brush it, but there have been occasions where I'll just bun it without brushing, especially in the summer when my mornings are busier. If I'm in a hurry I will usually stick with a LWB, Nautilus, or Nessa since I can literally do them while going down the stairs.

mermaid lullaby
January 31st, 2023, 12:23 PM
I do a ponytail

Braided Lady
January 31st, 2023, 01:21 PM
A quick bun - nautilus, cinnamon, whatever's easiest - for the really hurried days, and a quick, low English braid if I have a bit more time

PeonyBlue
January 31st, 2023, 07:41 PM
If I’ve braided my hair overnight, I usually don’t undo the braid, just wrap it into a bun with a stick or fork. I deal with the crazy whispies by splashing some water on them while washing my face and letting them curl and ringlet (and frizz!) like they’re want to do when wet, and tell myself it looks deliberately romantic! :p A low bun works for most of my hats, but then mine are more for keeping sun off in hot weather than keeping warm in cold :cool:

~MoonChild~
January 31st, 2023, 08:33 PM
A braided side ponytail or braided pigtails

WednesdayAddams
January 31st, 2023, 09:44 PM
Usually just up in a bun.

GoatLady
January 31st, 2023, 10:21 PM
A quick bun is my go-to on busy mornings. If I secure it with a shorter hair fork, then my bun fits in a hat or inside a hood.

tuanyiji
February 1st, 2023, 12:25 AM
Lazy Wrap Bun takes less than 30 seconds and stays solid for more than 8 hours, I do it almost every day.

shelomit
February 2nd, 2023, 11:27 AM
I don't really "do" my hair in the mornings--never have time for that stuff until after work ( ; I'll either put it up in a quick fork-held bun, or if I had it braided and bunned take the bun down and let my braid hang, and then slap a headscarf on top. Probably takes less than thirty seconds.

NightSister
February 2nd, 2023, 01:12 PM
Twist up and secure with ficcare. I guess I do spend some time smoothing away flyaways :smile:

lapis_lazuli
February 2nd, 2023, 02:54 PM
The same one-stick inverted bun I always do. It's the last thing I do before I head out the door, so I like that it only takes about 30 seconds.

natt i nord
February 2nd, 2023, 03:07 PM
For the hat/headband-problem in winter: Doesn't help with hats, but I made myself a headband that closes with a button at the neckline so I don't have to wrangle it over my bun. It'd surprise me if there wasn't an etsy shop selling these, maybe look into that?

Other than that I second the lazy wrap bun! Holds like a rock and works with uncombed hair as well.

Croww
February 5th, 2023, 06:31 AM
I'm a nurse, so I just pull my lengths back in a bun/claw clip. I let the front pieces of my hair loose!

Natalina
February 8th, 2023, 12:03 AM
I twist it and put it up with a big claw/jaw clip. Takes seconds. I don't really detangle my hair in-between washes as much as I'd like to, lol! I think to myself that time is better spent resting since I'm so physically drained all the freaking time. :(