PDA

View Full Version : Hair dusting, thin hair?

TechnoAngel
January 21st, 2023, 02:21 AM
Goodmorning!

I had my waist length hair dusted in a salon last week, after washing it I found out my hair seems so much thinner! Not just in the ends. It does feel so much smoother and silky?

It was trimmed in october so it wasn't that damaged. I wonder if it's just the damaged hairs that made my hair so thick? They did cut of all of the the hairs that were sticking out when twisted...

lapushka
January 21st, 2023, 02:29 AM
I never let salons dust, it usually means they either trim too much off, or they thin it out with thinning shears, which is hugely unnecessary. Just have a little pamper session. That always makes me feel better!

TechnoAngel
January 21st, 2023, 04:59 AM
Yeah I just braided it and my braid is like half of the braid I had before.. I feel like crying :(

lapushka
January 21st, 2023, 07:32 AM
Yeah I just braided it and my braid is like half of the braid I had before.. I feel like crying :(

Yeah, they must have gone through with thinning shears; did you see anything?

Obsidian
January 21st, 2023, 09:44 AM
Trimming off sticky out bits while twisted is a terrible technique. There is no way to differentiate between split ends and new growth, everything gets cut regardless of damage or length. Its really more of a thinning technique and to me, is a sign of a lazy stylist

TechnoAngel
January 21st, 2023, 01:21 PM
Nah, they just twisted and cut off the hairs that were sticking out. No thinning shears. Thankfully my hair grows really fast. At least a got rid of those split and damaged ends.

lapushka
January 23rd, 2023, 12:23 PM
Yeah, that will do it. :( If you feel it in your braid, that's enough said, right? Good news is, it will grow back. Bad news is, it will take quite a bit of time. Anyway, there are worse things, but if your hair is this long, maybe home-styling will be the best thing as of this moment. :flower: