PDA

View Full Version : 5 Years Post Buzz - Hair goals achieved!

illicitlizard
January 17th, 2023, 02:04 AM
So I haven't posted on here in a good long while, but it's been 5 years since I cut all my hair off, so figured one last yearly update would be in order to round everything out!

Here's pics from 17 Jan 2018-2023.

https://i.imgur.com/hUmGUisl.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/ebPqodNl.jpg
Last year I finally reached a length I'm happy with, that gives me a good balance between attractiveness and practicality - I can still wear it down :p I had a couple of 1.5-2" trims last year, but still very happy to see some progress. Now I'm just full on benign neglect, occasionally I'll style it but usually, it's in a LWB.

I think last time I added some neat styles, but for the last year I've been working and having my life turn upside down, so nothing much time to be interesting on the hair front - apart from the time I tried ?gel/mousse (can't recall), on my hair, hilariously uneven texture, never again.
https://i.imgur.com/rLaU1jhm.jpg

Anyway, happy growing to you all! I may still lurk because I like it here, but likely less than I did as I reckon I've found what works for me and am no longer aiming to grow longer. :o

tuanyiji
January 17th, 2023, 02:09 AM
Wow amazing progress. Thank you so much for sharing.

Lady Stardust
January 17th, 2023, 02:44 AM
Congratulations! Your hair looks gorgeous and it’s good to hear that you’re enjoying it. It’s always good to read your posts so I hope you stick around, not everybody here is growing longer.

Bat
January 17th, 2023, 06:08 AM
Looks gorgeous as always! Congratulations what a Milestone

lapushka
January 17th, 2023, 06:09 AM
That is awesome, what we want to see as well: such determination. You did it, girlfriend! :cheer: :happydance:
Gorgeous hair, BTW. A nice and smooth look I could never achieve but admire so much. :o

GoatLady
January 17th, 2023, 07:03 AM
Anyway, happy growing to you all! I may still lurk because I like it here, but likely less than I did as I reckon I've found what works for me and am no longer aiming to grow longer. :o

Congratulations! Thanks for sharing your progress. :toast:

shelomit
January 17th, 2023, 07:22 AM
Wow, congrats! I love the very gradual color change down the length.

Shorty89
January 17th, 2023, 08:43 AM
Oh wow! Great progress! I love your hair colour too.

Deborah
January 17th, 2023, 09:27 AM
Beautiful!

KokoroDragon
January 17th, 2023, 10:55 AM
Congrats on reaching your hair goals! It looks great!

SandyBottom
January 17th, 2023, 01:58 PM
Congratulations, it's beautiful! It's always interesting to see progression shots spanned over a number of years.

pumpkinsage
January 17th, 2023, 02:05 PM
Wow it is so COOL to see the progress you've made!! Your hair looks gorgeous!

Abacus
January 17th, 2023, 02:14 PM
Yessss! Congrats! And it's so cool to see someone who went through the entire journey :)

lapis_lazuli
January 17th, 2023, 03:06 PM
What a great achievement! Well done and love the collage :D

illicitlizard
January 17th, 2023, 05:17 PM
Thanks to everyone for your lovely comments! I really appreciate them :o

Congratulations! Your hair looks gorgeous and it’s good to hear that you’re enjoying it. It’s always good to read your posts so I hope you stick around, not everybody here is growing longer.
Thank you Lady Stardust I really appreciate that - you're right of course, you don't have to be actively growing to post here! I just had the idea that I'd have less to add as a result.

That is awesome, what we want to see as well: such determination. You did it, girlfriend! :cheer: :happydance:
Gorgeous hair, BTW. A nice and smooth look I could never achieve but admire so much. :o
WOOHOO! It's so exciting to finally be at a place where you can stop obsessing over growth. After all of that I can say buzzcut/short hair? NEVER again for me. The smooth is good in some ways but I'm definitely envious of your sig pic with the tumbling waves and actual shape, I wish I could do insane layering like that!

Wow, congrats! I love the very gradual color change down the length.
Thank you! That's the perks of living in Queensland the past 5 years of growth; sunbleaching courtesy of the world's skin cancer capital :p I was so concerned when I saw how dark it was short, because I'd never seen my hair not sun-bleached and/or artificially coloured. Glad some of the dimension came back!

What a great achievement! Well done and love the collage :D
Thank you lapis! I love a good progress collage, I hope to see and provide many more :p

Yessss! Congrats! And it's so cool to see someone who went through the entire journey :)
You will absolutely be there soon enough, your hair has come so far since joining here it's so wonderful to see!!!

constancev18
January 17th, 2023, 05:53 PM
Beautiful hair and proof that everyday is a smidge longer!

Bri-Chan
January 18th, 2023, 06:08 AM
Congratulations! What an achievement!

shutterpillar
January 18th, 2023, 07:35 AM
Congratulations! You're an inspiration to me for sure!

embee
January 18th, 2023, 04:12 PM
That is some *beautiful* hair there! :)

Butterfly Blue
January 18th, 2023, 06:03 PM
What a great hair journey! Glad you documented it.
It shows what patience and perseverance can accomplish.

Mariekeeee14
January 19th, 2023, 09:47 AM
Congrats, looks awesome!

angel-baby
January 19th, 2023, 11:57 AM
Awesome progress! Your hair looks gorgeous

baanoo
January 20th, 2023, 03:49 AM
Lizard, this collage is fantastic!! I’m so happy you’ve reached a length that’s working for you - your hair is stunning as always, such a luscious curtain. Cheers to you!

Diana Prince
January 20th, 2023, 06:01 AM
Amazing progress! I really wish you'll check in here from time to time :).

lapushka
January 20th, 2023, 08:10 AM
Thanks to everyone for your lovely comments! I really appreciate them :o

Thank you Lady Stardust I really appreciate that - you're right of course, you don't have to be actively growing to post here! I just had the idea that I'd have less to add as a result.

WOOHOO! It's so exciting to finally be at a place where you can stop obsessing over growth. After all of that I can say buzzcut/short hair? NEVER again for me. The smooth is good in some ways but I'm definitely envious of your sig pic with the tumbling waves and actual shape, I wish I could do insane layering like that!

Thank you! That's the perks of living in Queensland the past 5 years of growth; sunbleaching courtesy of the world's skin cancer capital :p I was so concerned when I saw how dark it was short, because I'd never seen my hair not sun-bleached and/or artificially coloured. Glad some of the dimension came back!

Thank you lapis! I love a good progress collage, I hope to see and provide many more :p

You will absolutely be there soon enough, your hair has come so far since joining here it's so wonderful to see!!!

You are so sweet. I since cut back to BSL (lots of reasons that I don't want public), but still: there we are. I have different types of layers right now. I cut with the compact cut, ponies to the side, method. My hair had thinned out sooo much in the mid lengths that it was insane. Those 2 ponies I cut off, both were sharpie thin, whereas before I had ponies the size of one regular one.

lithostoic
January 24th, 2023, 04:13 PM
Awesome growth!

illicitlizard
February 15th, 2023, 04:59 AM
Thanks all, I really appreciate the positivity!!

What a great hair journey! Glad you documented it.
It shows what patience and perseverance can accomplish.
It goes much quicker once you get past the obsessive initial phase, I shudder to think of the impatience conveyed in my first few posts here!

Lizard, this collage is fantastic!! I’m so happy you’ve reached a length that’s working for you - your hair is stunning as always, such a luscious curtain. Cheers to you!
Thank you baanoo!!

Amazing progress! I really wish you'll check in here from time to time :).
From time to time absolutely, finally getting to it now weeks later oops

You are so sweet. I since cut back to BSL (lots of reasons that I don't want public), but still: there we are. I have different types of layers right now. I cut with the compact cut, ponies to the side, method. My hair had thinned out sooo much in the mid lengths that it was insane. Those 2 ponies I cut off, both were sharpie thin, whereas before I had ponies the size of one regular one.
Oh I must have missed that! Such a while since following this forum properly. It's amazing how much what's going on inside can effect the way our hair grows. I hope you are able to enjoy your hair as it is now even with the changes! :blossom:

lapushka
February 15th, 2023, 06:13 AM
Aw that's sweet! :) Thank you so much, illicitlizard!

TatsuOni
February 15th, 2023, 11:04 AM
Conratulations! Your hair looks beautiful :)

_Melly_
February 17th, 2023, 12:20 PM
Gorgeous hair!!!