PDA

View Full Version : omg, he is too sweet

lora410
November 17th, 2008, 08:28 AM
So we met some new friends on Friday night and we were talking about cooking. My fiancée goes "you should see her run around with avocados and stuff on her head, but thats OK because she has beautiful hair because of it". He never takes much note to my hair, unless I have SOMETHING on it, but I am glad he thinks I have beautiful hair:love:

Sammybunny711
November 17th, 2008, 08:32 AM
Yay for sweet fiances! (I have one too!)

MandaMom2Three
November 17th, 2008, 08:37 AM
LOL awwww, my hubby said to me the other day that I do really weird things to my head, but he likes the results :D . It's encouraging isn't it?

Sammybunny711
November 17th, 2008, 08:40 AM
I know it. My sweet fiance was so scared to tell me that my scalp smelled like vinegar yesterday and he finally worked up the courage to tell me. I was like, "Why didn't you say something! I want to know these things!" And he was like, "Aww...but I know who much success you were having with it and your hair and I know how much you love your hair and I didn't want it to hurt your feelings!" Then he said, "why don't you post on TLHC and see what those ladies say about non-vinegar alternatives?" He is so cute. Don't we all love our men! I am so happy he told me about the vinegar thing because, though I liked the results...the smell was awful...On to Lemon juice!

Indigosails
November 17th, 2008, 08:40 AM
Sounds like he notices it more than he lets on. ;)

lora410
November 17th, 2008, 08:41 AM
I know it. My sweet fiance was so scared to tell me that my scalp smelled like vinegar yesterday and he finally worked up the courage to tell me. I was like, "Why didn't you say something! I want to know these things!" And he was like, "Aww...but I know who much success you were having with it and your hair and I know how much you love your hair and I didn't want it to hurt your feelings!" Then he said, "why don't you post on TLHC and see what those ladies say about non-vinegar alternatives?" He is so cute. Don't we all love our men! I am so happy he told me about the vinegar thing because, though I liked the results...the smell was awful...On to Lemon juice!

I wouldn't do lemon juice but citric acid rinse. You cna buy citric acid powder online

Arcana
November 17th, 2008, 08:44 AM
These are such sweet stories! It's great that you ladies have such supportive (and honest) men.

Akiko
November 17th, 2008, 08:49 AM
Wonderful! I remember you were discouraged because he did comment much about your hair. The truth is he knows your hair is beautiful.:flower: Sweet fiancé!

Sarahmoon
November 17th, 2008, 09:16 AM
Well he is right, why should he lie? :D

ChloeDharma
November 17th, 2008, 09:35 AM
So we met some new friends on Friday night and we were talking about cooking. My fiancée goes "you should see her run around with avocados and stuff on her head, but thats OK because she has beautiful hair because of it". He never takes much note to my hair, unless I have SOMETHING on it, but I am glad he thinks I have beautiful hair:love:

Well, just goes to show he does notice how nice your hair is :)

*brief thread hijack*
Sammybunny I leave my vinegar rinses in and used to have a vinegar odour to my hair, but now i add essential oils to the vinegar before adding water and once it's dried you can't smell the vinegar at all, only nice herby smells.
If you do decide to try something else i 2nd the citric acid suggestion, though if the lemon juice is very diluted it shouldn't be too much of a problem, but citric acid might still be safer.

Katze
November 17th, 2008, 10:02 AM
aww! You know, guys just aren't trained to LOOK for this stuff, so when they do, it's something special.

hijack #2

Sammybunny, I would not put lemon juice on your hair, either. It is very drying, and if there is any sun where you are, you run the risk of getting burns. Don't do it! Vinegar rinses are very nice and acidic "enough" - no reason to subject your hair and skin to something so harsh. Just my 2c.

end hijack

sahiba
November 17th, 2008, 10:20 AM
You were right , he is sweet. :)

longhairedfairy
November 17th, 2008, 11:07 AM
That was too cute!:D

I rinse the vinegar out completely and it still works well for me. It doesn't necessarily have to stay in your hair, just be in there long enough to close the cuticles.:)

Dolly
November 17th, 2008, 11:50 AM
My fiancee is starting to notice not only my hair and its condition more, but also other people's.

For instance, I spent the night over at his house one night, and wasn't feeling well, so I went on to bed, and he stayed up visiting with his 18 year old daughter. He thought I was sleeping, and I heard him talking about me. He said....."she uses mostly natural products on her hair, and you should feel it....it feels like silk."

Also, we were in a restaurant last weekend, and this young lady walked by. He leaned over to me and said....."You think your hair is thin.....look at hers! Yours is thick compared to that." I explained to him that it wasn't as much thin as it was baby fine.....her hair was virgin, below BSL, and a gorgeous honey blond.

I was explaining to him the concept of virgin hair and how I could tell that it was virgin (and I later confirmed it when I was in the restroom.....I asked her myself). I also was talking about how pretty it was.....he just looks at me and says....."Well, virgin or not, I think yours is prettier." He got lucky that night!

Angellen
November 17th, 2008, 02:44 PM
That's sweet. It's wonderful to find out someone's been noticing the fruits of your labor (no pun intended!). Congrats! :D

lora410
November 17th, 2008, 02:49 PM
My fiancee is starting to notice not only my hair and its condition more, but also other people's.

For instance, I spent the night over at his house one night, and wasn't feeling well, so I went on to bed, and he stayed up visiting with his 18 year old daughter. He thought I was sleeping, and I heard him talking about me. He said....."she uses mostly natural products on her hair, and you should feel it....it feels like silk."

Also, we were in a restaurant last weekend, and this young lady walked by. He leaned over to me and said....."You think your hair is thin.....look at hers! Yours is thick compared to that." I explained to him that it wasn't as much thin as it was baby fine.....her hair was virgin, below BSL, and a gorgeous honey blond.

I was explaining to him the concept of virgin hair and how I could tell that it was virgin (and I later confirmed it when I was in the restroom.....I asked her myself). I also was talking about how pretty it was.....he just looks at me and says....."Well, virgin or not, I think yours is prettier." He got lucky that night!

omg how amazingly sweet!!!!!

Euphony
November 17th, 2008, 02:55 PM
Awww how sweet! Now my question is, what did the new friends say? Did they think you were odd :D

Vitalai
November 17th, 2008, 04:52 PM
That is so sweet! :cloud9:

Robinlyn
November 17th, 2008, 05:39 PM
What a sweetie Lora! He IS right, your hair is beautiful!!

AnneAdeline
November 17th, 2008, 07:21 PM
So sweet! And he is right-- I've always admired your thick, shiny hair.

lora410
November 18th, 2008, 09:23 AM
Awww how sweet! Now my question is, what did the new friends say? Did they think you were odd :D

I don't think they replied. I was yapping with her how it works (her hair is almost waist and screaming for help)

lora410
November 18th, 2008, 09:24 AM
So sweet! And he is right-- I've always admired your thick, shiny hair.

Thanks, but my hair isn't really very thick. You made my day though :flower:

lora410
November 18th, 2008, 09:24 AM
What a sweetie Lora! He IS right, your hair is beautiful!!

Aww, thanks. You guys are the sweetest :flowers:

joyfulmom4
November 18th, 2008, 09:26 AM
Aaaw. That's sweet. My dh never comments on any hair weirdness. That surprises me. Like last week, when I started wearing my hair in a bun at the top of my head for sleep, I thought he might make some comment on how goofy I looked. But no, not a word (I think I'm glad). He does offer a nice compliment now and again though. He's not a big compliment giver, but I guess that makes the occasional compliment feel even more special. :)

lora410
November 20th, 2008, 12:14 PM
Aaaw. That's sweet. My dh never comments on any hair weirdness. That surprises me. Like last week, when I started wearing my hair in a bun at the top of my head for sleep, I thought he might make some comment on how goofy I looked. But no, not a word (I think I'm glad). He does offer a nice compliment now and again though. He's not a big compliment giver, but I guess that makes the occasional compliment feel even more special. :)

same with my fiancee. Most of the time he says nada about my hair and then suprises me with his sweet words :)