PDA

View Full Version : Loose-Win Situation

BVU
October 13th, 2022, 04:22 PM
Hello all, very long time lurker, but finally made an account. Every 4 weeks I do a s&d on my hair and try to get at least 20 split ends cut off, but this year I have been getting less and less (yesterday I only found 6!) and although I know it's great my hair is in good shape but I'm just so confused lol, I didn't have this last year so I don't think it's a seasonal thing. I haven't changed anything in my routine in the past two years, nor have I worn my headscarfs and hats any different, any ideas on what it could be?:confused:

foreveryours
October 13th, 2022, 05:12 PM
At 40" I don't think diet has anything to do with ends. Perhaps over time you just gottem all? :p

BVU
October 13th, 2022, 05:46 PM
*Gasp* Impossible, how am I suppose to have satisfying trimmings now? Guess it's time to bother my sister again ;)

lapushka
October 13th, 2022, 05:54 PM
*Gasp* Impossible, how am I suppose to have satisfying trimmings now? Guess it's time to bother my sister again ;)

I don't get it, I guess. Less splits is a good thing!

BVU
October 13th, 2022, 06:26 PM
I don't get it, I guess. Less splits is a good thing!

I'm just weird lol

tuanyiji
October 14th, 2022, 07:51 AM
LOL, I used to be addicted to S&D, so I definitely feel you.

However, I seldom find split ends nowadays, and I check my hair under the ring light when I fingercomb every day, it will be lucky if I find one split end in a month. Of course, I take care of my hair with oil and benign negligence.

If you want to find something mindless but hair-relevant, why not start collecting and sorting your sheds?
To me, it's such a fun hobby, and you will never run out of hair to play with. It is also very addictive.

Dark40
October 14th, 2022, 10:32 AM

Yeah, less splits is an amazing thing! I can remember when I first joined LHC back in 2010 I had less splits! Plus, I was putting the scissors less than I was before I joined here. So, my ends hardly ever split, and I don't have to dust or trim that often. I only have to dust or trim once or twice a year! :D

BVU
October 14th, 2022, 03:41 PM
LOL, I used to be addicted to S&D, so I definitely feel you.

However, I seldom find split ends nowadays, and I check my hair under the ring light when I fingercomb every day, it will be lucky if I find one split end in a month. Of course, I take care of my hair with oil and benign negligence.

If you want to find something mindless but hair-relevant, why not start collecting and sorting your sheds?
To me, it's such a fun hobby, and you will never run out of hair to play with. It is also very addictive.

That sounds like a great idea lol, put it on some tape so it'll stick too

BVU
October 14th, 2022, 03:45 PM
Yeah, less splits is an amazing thing! I can remember when I first joined LHC back in 2010 I had less splits! Plus, I was putting the scissors less than I was before I joined here. So, my ends hardly ever split, and I don't have to dust or trim that often. I only have to dust or trim once or twice a year! :D

That's amazing! I generally keep my hair under a scarf or bonnet and braided/bunned at all times so it doesn't got much of a chance to break :p I'm yet to get a trim in my 3 1/2 years of growth but hoping to save up money so I can do so

lapushka
October 14th, 2022, 03:48 PM
That's amazing! I generally keep my hair under a scarf or bonnet and braided/bunned at all times so it doesn't got much of a chance to break :p I'm yet to get a trim in my 3 1/2 years of growth but hoping to save up money so I can do so

I think there is even less of a need to get it cut now that the splits are fairly non-existent! :thumbsup:

BVU
October 14th, 2022, 03:58 PM
I think there is even less of a need to get it cut now that the splits are fairly non-existent! :thumbsup:

But i was told you needed to trim your hair every 4 months, is that not true?:confused:

baanoo
October 14th, 2022, 04:34 PM
But i was told you needed to trim your hair every 4 months, is that not true?:confused:

Definitely not true. If you want to maintain your length/shape, that would probably be about the right amount of time, but if you’re growing no need at all.

BVU
October 14th, 2022, 04:37 PM
Definitely not true. If you want to maintain your length/shape, that would probably be about the right amount of time, but if you’re growing no need at all.

Oh, ok. Thank you! <3

lapis_lazuli
October 14th, 2022, 04:38 PM

There's no rule. Trim as needed, based on hair quality and what lengths you want to achieve.

embee
October 14th, 2022, 04:38 PM

That's to support your local hair dresser, not to grow long hair. ;)

lapushka
October 14th, 2022, 04:46 PM
That's to support your local hair dresser, not to grow long hair. ;)

I think that's a neat way to put it! :lol:

I often went years without trimming. I last grew from hip to classic from November 2016 to March 2018, and definitely, if you want your growth to stall, get trims every 4 months, and then people wonder why their hair isn't growing, right? ;)

foreveryours
October 14th, 2022, 05:33 PM

LOL, short hair doubles its length faster than long hair. Unfortunately, trimming doesn't give the same result.

BVU
October 14th, 2022, 05:40 PM
LOL, short hair doubles its length faster than long hair. Unfortunately, trimming doesn't give the same result.

Darn, how am i suppose to grow to floor in half a year now? This is astronomically sad :rolleyes:

Dark40
October 14th, 2022, 06:06 PM

Thanks! Ohh, ok! Yes, keeping your hair under a scarf or a bonnet and braided/bunned at all times so it doesn't got much of a chance to break :p is an excellent idea. Ohh, ok. So, you're up to get a trim in your 3 1/2 years of growth? Ok, cool. Yes, I know what you mean about hoping to save up some money so you can do so. Wow, that's amazing that you haven't had a trim in 3 1/2 years!

BVU
October 14th, 2022, 06:11 PM
Thanks! Ohh, ok! Yes, keeping your hair under a scarf or a bonnet and braided/bunned at all times so it doesn't got much of a chance to break :p is an excellent idea. Ohh, ok. So, you're up to get a trim in your 3 1/2 years of growth? Ok, cool. Yes, I know what you mean about hoping to save up some money so you can do so. Wow, that's amazing that you haven't had a trim in 3 1/2 years!

I'm not sure about getting a trim anymore, I was under the impression you had to if you wanted hair past tbl lol

tuanyiji
October 14th, 2022, 06:40 PM
That sounds like a great idea lol, put it on some tape so it'll stick too

Yes, shed collecting is so much fun! Come join me in the shed collection thread or you can check out my signature (yes, that accent braid is from my shed hair), double-sided tape is a must, but the most effective way is to collect and hand-tie with sewing threads at the same time so your hair can be recycled and used as your clip-in extension or wefts. A great way for strand test without succumbing your hair to heat and chemicals. Imagine an instant accent braid that perfectly matches your hair color and texture because you literally grow it yourself, and no more worries about wigs that might be sourced with ethic issues.

Also, as long as your ends are not damaged, in your case, no more split ends is a perfect example for that, trimming is totally unnecessary if you want to grow really long hair. If you want a specific hemline other than fairytail, you can check out the sticky for tips on how to self-trim/microtrim.
I haven’t trimmed for 3-4years now and I enjoy my fairytail very much. I won’t even consider another trim until I reach at least knee. In the meantime, I can HARVEST my shed without sacrificing any length, it’s s WIN-WIN. lol.

BVU
October 14th, 2022, 06:47 PM
Yes, shed collecting is so much fun! Come join me in the shed collection thread or you can check out the link in my signature for better preparation, double-sided tape is a must, but the most effective way is to collect and hand-tie with sewing threads at the same time so your hair can be recycled and used as your clip-in extension or wefts. A great way for strand test without succumbing your hair to heat and chemicals. Imagine an instant accent braid that perfectly match your hair color because you literally grow it yourself, and no more worries about wigs that might be sourced with ethic issues.

Also, as long as your ends are not damaged, in your case, no more split ends is a perfect example for that, trimming is totally unnecessary if you want to grow really long hair. If you want a specific hemline other than fairytail, you can check out the sticky for tips on how to self-trim/microtrim.
I haven’t trimmed for 3-4years now and I enjoy my fairytail very much. I won’t even consider another trim until I reach at least knee. In the meantime, I can HARVEST my shed without sacrificing any length, it’s s WIN-WIN. lol.

Can't access your profile yet, and can't find the thread anywhere so feel free to link me it, this has definitely sparked my interest :blossom:

tuanyiji
October 14th, 2022, 06:57 PM
Can't access your profile yet, and can't find the thread anywhere so feel free to link me it, this has definitely sparked my interest :blossom:
Thank you so much.
Here is the thread, the accent braid in my signature pics is from my shed collection as well.
https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=135840
Once you pass 60 days with 100 posts, you will be able to edit (25 posts) and search and pretty much have access to all the profiles that’s are set open.