PDA

View Full Version : No trimming 2023! Second half only!

Pages : [1] 2

Ylva
September 23rd, 2022, 03:26 PM
For this challenge, the no-trimming period is 11 July - 31 December 2023.

In order to participate, you need to trim at the latest July 10th 2023.
Challenge ends on December 31st 2023.

No trims are allowed during this half of the year for you to be part of this challenge.

If you want to no-trim for shorter periods of time during the year, then the "no trimming club" is a better place for you:
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=132

Rules for the challenge:

You may maintain bangs, face-framing layers, undercuts, shaved sides, etc. You may not cut them in.
You may S&D.
You may not trim.

Joyful Mystery
September 23rd, 2022, 07:33 PM
I’m joining this one as well! And I’ll join “the big one” (as Lapushka put it) once it’s made. ;)

Hip by December 2023!

Shorty89
September 23rd, 2022, 07:44 PM
So early! I hope I can do this one but we'll see what my hemline is like closer to that time.

Bri-Chan
December 8th, 2022, 10:55 AM
Definitely early, but I'm joining too.

Bat
March 1st, 2023, 02:57 AM
I'm trying to give up trims entirely so joining this since I failed the first half

cookies
March 1st, 2023, 03:39 AM
I'll be here too!

Mony99
March 3rd, 2023, 03:15 PM
Joining this one since i already lost my chance with the first half of the year. I really hope I can make it through 🤞

rosenester
March 3rd, 2023, 05:48 PM
:lol: every time people start chatting and starting up a new one of these I want to do try. I just can’t understand how people manage these with damaged end?! Maybe if I could do a proper 2” trim before it starts with the goal of growing the 2” back but better :hmm:

Bat
March 3rd, 2023, 06:59 PM
:lol: every time people start chatting and starting up a new one of these I want to do try. I just can’t understand how people manage these with damaged end?! Maybe if I could do a proper 2” trim before it starts with the goal of growing the 2” back but better :hmm:

There's always the no trim club you can make your own challenge length there

rosenester
March 3rd, 2023, 08:44 PM
There's always the no trim club you can make your own challenge length there

Good point! I’ll come back to this idea in a few months. I am set on a late march and a late june trim: those are meant to be microtrims, so I am still in trimming mode… for now

Ylva
March 4th, 2023, 06:30 AM

I just went a year without trimming my very old, bleach-damaged hair. Yes, it felt (and still feels) crappy but I just kind of… didn’t care. :shrug:

Aerya
March 4th, 2023, 07:20 AM
I'm... in. At least I think so. I'm starting school this autumn and I would like fresh ends for that, but at the same time, I want long hair more. I'll start microtrimming next year, or something. :D

Rosenester I find my ends pretty much fray up after some time regardless of what I do. If I go six months or two months between trims, they're still going to look pretty bad by the time they're cut off. I'd have to cut a lot of my length to truly have nice ends that last, and I'm not willing to do that, so I'm keeping the damage as a buffer zone between my healthy hair and the elements. And like Ylva I just don't care that much, lol. It is what it is.

Bri-Chan
March 4th, 2023, 07:32 AM
Previous to my journey to classic, I didn't care that much about my ends and I definitely went almost a year within trims every time, also when it was damaged. But I wasn't focused on improving my hair health.

I'm not 100% sure I'll still join this challenge, we'll see.

rosenester
March 4th, 2023, 12:46 PM
I just went a year without trimming my very old, bleach-damaged hair. Yes, it felt (and still feels) crappy but I just kind of… didn’t care. :shrug:

I'm... in. At least I think so. I'm starting school this autumn and I would like fresh ends for that, but at the same time, I want long hair more. I'll start microtrimming next year, or something. :D

Rosenester I find my ends pretty much fray up after some time regardless of what I do. If I go six months or two months between trims, they're still going to look pretty bad by the time they're cut off. I'd have to cut a lot of my length to truly have nice ends that last, and I'm not willing to do that, so I'm keeping the damage as a buffer zone between my healthy hair and the elements. And like Ylva I just don't care that much, lol. It is what it is.

lol- caring is kinda new to me, my whole life I have either ignored my hair or bleached and brushed the life out of it. I think doing the 6 month challenge would be a good balance between those extremes, with all the gentle hair care tips I’ve learned here as well :wink: Why am I fussing over these ends at all since my intention is to trim them off anyways.

Considering both of your experiences I will plan to join this challenge when the time comes! :heartbeat

sofie
March 4th, 2023, 05:01 PM
Tentatively joining the challenge!

momof3mary
March 5th, 2023, 09:57 AM
I'm going to join this for giggles and hopefully I'll be too busy to trim. I always fail these because I want my hair short AND I want my hair long. Go figure.

Jess9891
March 5th, 2023, 11:20 AM
After giving it some thought, I'm in too.
I'm also in the first half challenge, so from what I understand I would have between July 1st-10th to trim if I thought I needed to.

Bat
March 5th, 2023, 02:11 PM
I'm going to join this for giggles and hopefully I'll be too busy to trim. I always fail these because I want my hair short AND I want my hair long. Go figure.
Get an undercut! Have the top layer long so when you want it long you can wear it down
You are allowed to maintain undercuts side shaves and bangs as long as you don't cut it in after the challenge cut off date

Diana Prince
April 16th, 2023, 10:32 AM
I am sure I'll be joining this challenge. I'll have a small trim (less than an inch) at the start of July, so I succesfully finish the first half challenge and get rid of any split ends I developed in this time frame.

paulownia
April 16th, 2023, 11:37 AM
I feel tempted to join this one as well ;)
What the heck. I go for waist after all:p

momof3mary
April 16th, 2023, 01:02 PM
Joining this one. I really hope I can push through with it. I like short hair but I wouldn't mind a little more length to work with.

janice2348
April 16th, 2023, 01:47 PM
Im joining in. Trying to give up trims except for S&D.

MissMarmiladka
April 16th, 2023, 05:03 PM
I haven’t cut my hair since December 2021 (did an above chin length bob back then, now almost armpit length) and I’m really tempted to cut it now as my ends are getting scary… but as I am braiding my hair every night now and I’m feeling how thicker and longer my braid is getting, I hope that this will keep me motivated not to trim for now

ArtOfNoot
April 16th, 2023, 05:27 PM
I am joining in. My trim was last week (after a few years without trims) so I should be good for this challenge :D

Bat
April 16th, 2023, 05:33 PM
Joining this one. I really hope I can push through with it. I like short hair but I wouldn't mind a little more length to work with.

I'm doing this too I eventually want to give up scissors I only want to cut it to get one length

momof3mary
April 16th, 2023, 05:49 PM
I'm doing this too I eventually want to give up scissors I only want to cut it to get one length
I've been toying with the idea of trying to grow out to a chin length bob again but I don't know if I will be able to leave it alone. I might be able to though. My son that had grown to bcl had me trim it back to mid back. It looks nice all one length but man I almost cried. It's his head though.
I know you can grow it out, and I understand the struggle 😂

Bat
April 16th, 2023, 06:21 PM
I've been toying with the idea of trying to grow out to a chin length bob again but I don't know if I will be able to leave it alone. I might be able to though. My son that had grown to bcl had me trim it back to mid back. It looks nice all one length but man I almost cried. It's his head though.
I know you can grow it out, and I understand the struggle 😂

It's cause you were living your long hair dreams through him so he kinda cut your hair off xD

momof3mary
April 16th, 2023, 07:17 PM
It's cause you were living your long hair dreams through him so he kinda cut your hair off xD

Kinda feels that way 🤣 He's the only one of my kids that gets my interest in hair, my other two couldn't care less about it other than coloring theirs and the occasional haircut.

Bat
April 16th, 2023, 11:15 PM
Kinda feels that way 🤣 He's the only one of my kids that gets my interest in hair, my other two couldn't care less about it other than coloring theirs and the occasional haircut.

I seem to live through my mother she grew here but stopped at cbl it does suit her though I had to give her a trim the other day

tsuki
April 17th, 2023, 08:02 AM
Count me in! I need some accountability to keep those scissors away.

Upon reflection, I recently did a 3 inch trim to thicken up my hemline so the cutting urge isn't going to be too strong for a while eheh. Hopefully that's enough to make it to the end!

ArtOfNoot
April 17th, 2023, 10:42 AM
Count me in! I need some accountability to keep those scissors away.

Upon reflection, I recently did a 3 inch trim to thicken up my hemline so the cutting urge isn't going to be too strong for a while eheh. Hopefully that's enough to make it to the end!

Hey, we're in the same club! :hifive:

Artemisa
April 17th, 2023, 04:29 PM
I'm in!! I really really want to hit mid back lenth this year.

_Melly_
April 17th, 2023, 06:55 PM
Sticking around, no cutting or trims allowed

Bat
April 30th, 2023, 02:38 AM
One month to go now til this starts

Diana Prince
April 30th, 2023, 03:36 AM
I am sure I'll be joining this challenge. I'll have a small trim (less than an inch) at the start of July, so I succesfully finish the first half challenge and get rid of any split ends I developed in this time frame.

Hmm I'm having second thoughts about trimming... it's in great condition now, so I think I'll just lose length without any benefits whatsoever. Anyways, I still have time to decide. But I'm also excited to actually do the year long challenge, I really should make up my mind :lol:.

Ylva
April 30th, 2023, 07:35 AM
One month to go now til this starts

This challenge starts July 1st, so two more months to go. :)

cookies
April 30th, 2023, 07:48 AM
I just booked my last trim appointment for the year. I wanted it to be at the end of June, but my hairdresser is already booked out till July 5th (crazy!), so that’s when it will be.
Last time he said I barely have any split ends at all and he cut <2cm. This time I’m S&Ding, so if my ends look good and my hemline isn’t looking weird due to my reckless S&D, maybe I just get some face framing layers. We’ll see what the next two months bring.

Bat
May 1st, 2023, 06:07 AM
This challenge starts July 1st, so two more months to go. :)

Somehow I thought it always started in June I might have had a brain fart

Bat
June 16th, 2023, 07:38 PM
Bumping thus up, soon it will begin

tsuki
June 16th, 2023, 07:48 PM
Hey, we're in the same club! :hifive:

Ayee!! Happy no cutting! :blossom:

cookies
June 17th, 2023, 11:21 AM
I just booked my last trim appointment for the year. I wanted it to be at the end of June, but my hairdresser is already booked out till July 5th (crazy!), so that’s when it will be.
Last time he said I barely have any split ends at all and he cut <2cm. This time I’m S&Ding, so if my ends look good and my hemline isn’t looking weird due to my reckless S&D, maybe I just get some face framing layers. We’ll see what the next two months bring.

To trim, or not to trim… To face frame, or not to face frame… Those are the questions :D

stardust lady
June 17th, 2023, 06:36 PM
Well it's been over a year since my last trim and still not a split end in sight - LHC wisdom works! If it's not too late to join, I think I'll commit to another 6 months of no scissors.

Noctifer
June 18th, 2023, 12:38 PM
I’m in. Just need to decide if want to move my planned trim from the 17 to before the start date or just skip it. Although with my urge to trim back to shoulder, the second option might be best, but 8 months (Al together) with no trim😐

Bat
June 19th, 2023, 12:49 AM
I'll be taking part until I fail

Mony99
June 21st, 2023, 05:44 AM
Confirming I'm in for this challenge 💪 just got my hair trimmed to have a fresh start

Stray_mind
June 21st, 2023, 11:41 AM
I am getting a trim tomorrow and then i'll be all set to join the challenge.

Greengable
June 22nd, 2023, 04:44 PM
I have cut a little ends here and there and I think I would keep it for a long time without trimming but I think the second part of the year as I may see damage in some ends that I haven't seen already. I am quitting bleaching so we will see how they go with serum everynight. I can't understand how I could have had quite long hair (last time I reached middle back now I have it till the bra lenght) without taking much care of it ��

Aerya
June 24th, 2023, 12:26 PM
I just did a little trim, and I'm all set for this challenge :) I'll probably want to trim come autumn, but if I can power through that I might just be too busy for the rest of the year to bother with trimming, lol.

momof3mary
June 24th, 2023, 02:54 PM
I trimmed an inch and a half off the bottom tail of hair (the mini mullet) two days ago. I feel like I'm set for the challenge now.

Laurel Rose
June 24th, 2023, 08:26 PM
I'm in. Trimmed half an inch a month or so ago, still need to S&D though. I should be at Classic by Christmas!

rudderbird
June 26th, 2023, 02:53 PM
I will be officially starting this challenge from July 11th as it states so (but actually I haven't trimmed since March 15th or so). I am growing out my hair to waist length. Let's see what awaits! :D

Coolcombination
June 26th, 2023, 03:45 PM
I started growing from short pixie in oct 2022, now with lots of trims it’s at chin length. By the end of this challenge with no trims it’ll be shoulder hopefully ����

Salice
June 28th, 2023, 05:08 AM
https://i.ibb.co/MDtxxpf/20230628-132827.jpg (https://ibb.co/0j6RRZK)

I just came from a hairdresser, so this is my starting point (68 cm). I haven't found a perfect haircare routine yet. I may try some natural oils and conditioning products rather than repairing ones. The cut is now less layered, but I kept some face-framing pieces. Maybe this more blunt cut helps also with buns and braids.

ReadingRenee
June 28th, 2023, 09:15 AM
I am going to try this. I have almost finished the first half of the year trim challenge and I will be trimming before the 10th of July for this challenge. This is the point where I get frustrated with my hair and cut it off, so maybe not touching it with scissors for 6 months will make a difference. I will post my starting picture after a trim.

pisinoe
June 28th, 2023, 11:47 AM
I'm also going to be here but I might probably not make it to the end. It would be nice if I did though, maybe at least Winter Solstice, so I could refresh my ends without losing length.

Bat
June 29th, 2023, 04:44 AM
Here's my day early photo, seems like my hair likes the cold I think it's growing faster since I moved to Melbourne it's 3 weeks growth

https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/892306370991390780/1123925726110953512/IMG_20230629_203919_450_x_500_pixel.jpg

Ylva
June 29th, 2023, 04:50 AM
That does look like a fair bit of growth for 3 weeks!

I'll be hanging out here until I do cut - no idea when that'll be, probably at the end of the year somewhere. :)

Bat
June 29th, 2023, 04:53 AM
That does look like a fair bit of growth for 3 weeks!

I'll be hanging out here until I do cut - no idea when that'll be, probably at the end of the year somewhere. :)

Since its night time it looks darker and fuller than it is, but so far I'm pleased!
I'm curious to see if the lack of humidity makes my hair grow straighter :D

baanoo
June 29th, 2023, 05:14 AM
Since its night time it looks darker and fuller than it is, but so far I'm pleased!
I'm curious to see if the lack of humidity makes my hair grow straighter :D
Very nice!

You know, since your hair is more coarse than fine, I would think it would take a bit more length for gravity to kick in and weigh it down - so perhaps don’t judge your texture too soon!

Bat
June 29th, 2023, 06:30 AM
Very nice!

You know, since your hair is more coarse than fine, I would think it would take a bit more length for gravity to kick in and weigh it down - so perhaps don’t judge your texture too soon!
It does grow outward for quite a while 😄

jmrdelorean
June 29th, 2023, 06:44 AM
I think I’ll join in this challenge too. I already don’t trim my hair so it should be pretty straightforward.

rosenester
June 29th, 2023, 11:00 AM
Ok, I’m going to try this again this time! Last time I tried I think I made it 2 months, but my hair is doing MUCH better now. I like to do my trims around the equinox and solstice, so I may quit a little early. I’ll post a starting photo next week.

I need this challenge to get out of waist land I have been maintaining for long enough :brains:

constancev18
June 29th, 2023, 12:49 PM
I'm in! I trimmed scraggly ends 2 mos ago but that will be it until Jan 2024.

QuietVixen
June 30th, 2023, 01:09 AM
I will be joining this challenge too. If I complete this challenge, then I might reach tailbone length hair sometime this year.

AuroreVesperale
June 30th, 2023, 11:52 AM
I'm in ! I was in the first half and I succeed, so why not try the second half to make a whole year !

EDIT : adding a starting picture !

https://scontent-cdg4-2.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.15752-9/358520930_1316331365977705_6069787954148427381_n.j pg?_nc_cat=100&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=ae9488&_nc_ohc=etfcqTIQ9gQAX--0i5x&_nc_ht=scontent-cdg4-2.xx&oh=03_AdQ97GVVCVd9THFwv1DKF5WFwJ_b34W3rsT3nsf0YGim HQ&oe=64D27C5E

longmane
June 30th, 2023, 06:36 PM
I’m in! I cut my hair again today to get rid off U-shaped hemline. Joining this challenge with shoulder length cut with layers.

floridaorchid
June 30th, 2023, 06:38 PM
Haven't trimmed in a month now, but will be participating in this challenge!

Jools69
July 2nd, 2023, 12:21 PM
I’m joining. :D

Having completed the first half of this year, but with thinning ends. I considered the 12 month challenge, but I’m going to trim, bun the hair and forget until the end of the year!

TiffPhares
July 2nd, 2023, 05:36 PM
Joining here. I cut from Hip back to Shoulder back in May due to damage and am now back on a growth journey. What better way than doing a no trim for 6 months. I will trim on the 7th just to even out the hemline before this starts.

cookies
July 5th, 2023, 12:10 PM
Just got my last trim and I am in! Might play around with face framing more but I’m leaving the length alone until I get to waist whenever that might be (unless I get a growth spurt sometime soon, it’s unlikely going to be by the end of the year but oh well).

Ylva
July 7th, 2023, 09:27 AM
If you want to participate in this challenge, you can still trim up to and including the 10th (in your time zone), but not starting from the 11th. Good luck everyone!

I’m quite certain there is no point for me to participate this time as I think I will maintain at my current length of hip for a while now, just enjoying shorter hair for a change and working towards 100% virgin hair. I also want to add some more face-framing layers, really liking them! So I think my plan is to see the hairdresser once or twice this half of the year. Once would of course be cheaper, but I’m also glad to pay for her work as she basically dusts my entire head of hair instead of just cutting the end-ends!

rosenester
July 9th, 2023, 10:21 AM
My last full trim was June 15th, and today I trimmed face framing and bangs in preparation for leaving the hair alone for 6 months.

I may grow out my bangs for this challenge as well… undecided :p at the very least, I will be maintaining only the center smaller triangle of bangs and let the corners grow out, as I have thick rounded bangs, I would like to grow out the edges so they are more part of my face framing rather than the bangs!

If I hit HL before the end of the challenge, I may begin to maintain there. The long term goal is to maintain HL to cut out the remainder of my bleached ends, so hoping this challenge helps me get to the next step of my hair goals!

Starting photo from today:

https://i.imgur.com/zYvrN7zm.jpg

TheWhiteRabbit
July 10th, 2023, 10:24 PM
Im joining! I trimmed an uneven “inch” off back in May the worst possible way that I could have done it that has left me with a weird hemline but I’ve fought the urge to correct it because it would require a more significant cut to even out and I’d like to let it grow out before evening it out. So heres to an even hemline Jan 2024!

stardust lady
July 11th, 2023, 03:04 PM
Well this thread has already saved me from a cut after 1 day. :p I wanted to book a trim + some layers (and I'm very impulsive once I decide I want to do something, unfortunately!) and then I saw that it was already the 10th and I wouldn't be able to get anywhere until the 13th or 14th, so I would have to wait until next year. Thank goodness, because I already changed my mind.

Bat
July 11th, 2023, 05:18 PM
I was shaving and accidentally buzzed off the tail part of my side burns so I had to do the other to match otherwise it would look stupid, will that count as a trim or not? It would suck to fail on an accident

Ylva
July 12th, 2023, 04:50 AM
Well this thread has already saved me from a cut after 1 day. :p I wanted to book a trim + some layers (and I'm very impulsive once I decide I want to do something, unfortunately!) and then I saw that it was already the 10th and I wouldn't be able to get anywhere until the 13th or 14th, so I would have to wait until next year. Thank goodness, because I already changed my mind.

How fortunate! :p

I was shaving and accidentally buzzed off the tail part of my side burns so I had to do the other to match otherwise it would look stupid, will that count as a trim or not? It would suck to fail on an accident

I remember we had a case of someone having to cut out a nasty tangle of some sort and asking if that would count. I was of the opinion that honest accidents shouldn’t result in failure of the challenge, and I still think that.

Bat
July 12th, 2023, 08:48 AM
How fortunate! :p

I remember we had a case of someone having to cut out a nasty tangle of some sort and asking if that would count. I was of the opinion that honest accidents shouldn’t result in failure of the challenge, and I still think that.

Phew! Sure I end up failing these but failing on day two would be sad even for me

cookies
July 12th, 2023, 12:43 PM
Phew! Sure I end up failing these but failing on day two would be sad even for me

I agree accidents shouldn't count, and in addition I think that side burns are more in the face framing category than the length one anyway.

I forgot to post my starting photo! Here's my hair straight from the salon a week ago, blow dried and everything. I'm back at solid BSL, this time without layers (right? I didn't request it but I think that's what happened lol)
https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=49226&d=1689187075

Bat
July 12th, 2023, 04:26 PM
I agree accidents shouldn't count, and in addition I think that side burns are more in the face framing category than the length one anyway.

I forgot to post my starting photo! Here's my hair straight from the salon a week ago, blow dried and everything. I'm back at solid BSL, this time without layers (right? I didn't request it but I think that's what happened lol)
https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=49226&d=1689187075

It looks great! I'm really hoping by the end of this challenge that I'll get passed ear length and that it gets past the lions mane stage

cookies
July 13th, 2023, 04:22 PM
It looks great! I'm really hoping by the end of this challenge that I'll get passed ear length and that it gets past the lions mane stage

Thank you! Lion mane stage is a great term lol, you seem to grow relatively quickly so fingers crossed :cheer:

Bat
July 13th, 2023, 07:38 PM
Thank you! Lion mane stage is a great term lol, you seem to grow relatively quickly so fingers crossed :cheer:

Fingers and toes are crossed!

TheJourney
July 15th, 2023, 10:31 PM
I’m going to join. Last time a hairdresser touched my hair was Jan 2020 and I have decided I will get a trim in Jan 2024 by a professional. If I can make myself go? I’ve been hurt in the past by them!!!

stardust lady
July 21st, 2023, 03:21 PM
I have failed the challenge, due to getting face framing layers added in. I asked for 1/2" off the bottom, but it turned into several inches. So it goes :p

Für immer
July 22nd, 2023, 02:51 AM
Haven't trimmed since 27th of may, so I'll be joining this challenge. :D

Shorty89
July 22nd, 2023, 07:50 PM
I could technically join this challenge since I haven't trimmed yet but should I ...I've been bad at them so far.

Bat
July 23rd, 2023, 03:03 AM
I could technically join this challenge since I haven't trimmed yet but should I ...I've been bad at them so far.

Do it, we can be bad at them together :D

Für immer
July 23rd, 2023, 03:06 AM

I agree with Bat. :)

stardust lady
July 23rd, 2023, 03:28 AM

This is the first challenge I joined and I only lasted 10 days. But somehow in the prior 15 months it never occured to me to trim or cut. Lol. Maybe it backfires for some of us? :laugh: Once I tell myself I can't do something, suddenly I really want to do it.

Shorty89
July 23rd, 2023, 05:36 PM
Do it, we can be bad at them together :D

I agree with Bat. :)

This is the first challenge I joined and I only lasted 10 days. But somehow in the prior 15 months it never occured to me to trim or cut. Lol. Maybe it backfires for some of us? :laugh: Once I tell myself I can't do something, suddenly I really want to do it.

:lol: Sounds like I'm in good company.

Bat
July 23rd, 2023, 07:01 PM

That's me lool 100%

Für immer
July 24th, 2023, 06:20 AM
:lol: Sounds like I'm in good company.

Yes, welcome aboard. :cheer:

Bat
July 24th, 2023, 05:03 PM
Let's gooo

rosenester
July 30th, 2023, 07:17 AM
I maintained my bangs with about 1/2” trim yesterday. Sometimes I go crazy and keep going to my face framing pieces, but I kept it to just the center triangle of my bangs, so still in the challenge for now! The outer section next to the bangs I cut as a shorter faceframing, but have been maintaining it too short and it looked kinda mushroomy. It already looks better just letting it be for a month. Hopefully it continues to grow out well! :cheer:

EggLover
July 30th, 2023, 01:40 PM
May I join this group for the second challenge even if I trimmed a few days ago? (this is why I need the group!)

As long as I take care of my hair I don't see the need for a trim for at least a year.

Bat
July 31st, 2023, 01:17 AM
May I join this group for the second challenge even if I trimmed a few days ago? (this is why I need the group!)

As long as I take care of my hair I don't see the need for a trim for at least a year.

This one the latest you could trim Was July 10th
But there is a no trimming thread
https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=132&p=1445&viewfull=1#post1445

EggLover
July 31st, 2023, 12:33 PM
Okay, I’ll go join there! Thank you and be strong….no trimming!😅

Bat
July 31st, 2023, 05:24 PM
Okay, I’ll go join there! Thank you and be strong….no trimming!😅

Good luck, you got this!

Bat
July 31st, 2023, 05:35 PM
One month down, 5 more to go here. It's almost 2 months since my buzz

ReadingRenee
July 31st, 2023, 08:51 PM
Wow Bat! Good job! That's great!

I have reached the part where I hate my hair so it's super challenging. Once I get past 26 inches my hair looks even thinner to me than it used to with wispy ends. But they aren't split, and they are healthy. I want to make it to the end of the challenge and then make a decision. I am very determined!

Aerya
August 1st, 2023, 01:40 AM

I have reached the part where I hate my hair so it's super challenging. Once I get past 26 inches my hair looks even thinner to me than it used to with wispy ends. But they aren't split, and they are healthy. I want to make it to the end of the challenge and then make a decision. I am very determined!

Sounds like a good plan!

My ends are looking pretty rough after this summer's vacation. It's tempting to trim, but at the same time I'm determined to grow back to at least waist before cutting anything. By the end of this challenge I should be a little bit past waist, hopefully I will remain at waist+ after my trim. I suppose I just have to accept that my ends will look bad at this point, and slowly trim it away. At least with school starting, I will have my mind very occupied.

Bat
August 1st, 2023, 01:18 PM

It's after the 3 month mark I start struggling because it enters the poofy lion stage

Shorty89
August 3rd, 2023, 04:09 PM
Here's my unofficial length shot. My hair is probably 80% dry with natural waves. There' not quite as much taper as appears in the pic.

https://i.imgur.com/7BxLEaQ.jpg

Molly_Marie
August 6th, 2023, 06:27 PM
Can I join in the challenge as well? I have not trimmed since I think April of this year. I am at APL and would really like to get my hair as long as possible by the end of this year.

momof3mary
August 6th, 2023, 06:38 PM
I'm out...of course. I cut down to 1 and 1/4 inch all over. It's been so hot here that just the little bit of hair I had was bugging me. I regret it of course. We'll see how long I can go without a trim.

floridaorchid
August 6th, 2023, 07:42 PM
I'm out...of course. I cut down to 1 and 1/4 inch all over. It's been so hot here that just the little bit of hair I had was bugging me. I regret it of course. We'll see how long I can go without a trim.

I don't blame you. Heat has been brutal this year.

Bat
August 6th, 2023, 07:44 PM

Oh no! These things happen there is always next year.

momof3mary
August 7th, 2023, 06:59 PM
Oh no! These things happen there is always next year.

I imagine I'll always be a shorty but I'm staying here anyway! I love reading everyone's stories and seeing progress and set backs alike. Maybe I'll grow one day, but I'm not too stressed about it.

momof3mary
August 7th, 2023, 07:01 PM
I don't blame you. Heat has been brutal this year.

The heat is horrible. I just don't have the ability to deal with hair in the heat.

Bat
August 7th, 2023, 09:30 PM
I imagine I'll always be a shorty but I'm staying here anyway! I love reading everyone's stories and seeing progress and set backs alike. Maybe I'll grow one day, but I'm not too stressed about it.

Nothing wrong with that! I'd like to see you stick around

I feel much more determined this time around!

Für immer
August 8th, 2023, 03:13 PM
Have managed to NOT trim my hair yet despite the occassional cravings for bangs.
Is funny how you easily let your hair be when you can cut your hair, but once you can't it's all you want to do. :hmm:

Will probably do a S&D tomorrow, but nothing else, so I'll stay with the challenge. :D

Klalab
August 13th, 2023, 08:00 AM
Hello! I hope that I'm not too late to join, last time I cut my hair was in June I believe, maybe may, and I'm not planning to cut my hair for as long as I can.
I've always been an observer on here so I don't have many posts and can't post photos, but my hair is currently slightly longer than waist, but quite uneven after my last haircut. So I want to grow back to hip/tailbone and then maybe even it out a little bit.. I'm also growing out my bangs! So no bangs cutting for me as well. My bangs are currently slightly below my eyebrows.

Für immer
August 13th, 2023, 08:36 AM
Hello! I hope that I'm not too late to join, last time I cut my hair was in June I believe, maybe may, and I'm not planning to cut my hair for as long as I can.
I've always been an observer on here so I don't have many posts and can't post photos, but my hair is currently slightly longer than waist, but quite uneven after my last haircut. So I want to grow back to hip/tailbone and then maybe even it out a little bit.. I'm also growing out my bangs! So no bangs cutting for me as well. My bangs are currently slightly below my eyebrows.

As long as you haven't trimmed after July 10th, it's ok to join.
Welcome in. :D

Bat
August 13th, 2023, 05:43 PM
Welcome! Glad to have you with us, good luck with no trimming

TheWhiteRabbit
August 15th, 2023, 10:37 PM
And I’m out! Mindlessly grabbed the scissors and evened out the end of my braid before I recovered from the black out and realized what I was doing.

Für immer
August 16th, 2023, 01:07 AM
And I’m out! Mindlessly grabbed the scissors and evened out the end of my braid before I recovered from the black out and realized what I was doing.

Oh! Too bad. Perhaps next year?
In the meantime there is the regular "No trimming thread", if you want to set a new goal for yourself. :)

ReadingRenee
August 16th, 2023, 05:53 PM
Im still in! I had some seriously bad trim/bob cravings for a few weeks but I stuck it out. I know this length is my least favorite length and I just have to power through. One thing that helps is I found a hairstyle that I really like. Now if only my bangs would grow out a little bit more...

Bat
August 17th, 2023, 03:53 AM
Have I beaten the trim urge finally?
I'm I'm still going strong and have no urge to trim buzz or tidy anything whoo!

I suppose I shouldn't celebrate we are still I'm the second month

Für immer
August 17th, 2023, 09:46 AM
Im still in! I had some seriously bad trim/bob cravings for a few weeks but I stuck it out. I know this length is my least favorite length and I just have to power through. One thing that helps is I found a hairstyle that I really like. Now if only my bangs would grow out a little bit more...

Oh, awesome! Keep it up. :hifive:

well, it's still good. You got this! :hollie:

Bat
August 17th, 2023, 02:42 PM
Oh, awesome! Keep it up. :hifive:

well, it's still good. You got this! :hollie:

Thank you!

Shorty89
August 18th, 2023, 09:56 PM

You can do it!

Bat
August 19th, 2023, 12:58 AM
You can do it!

I'm very hopeful!

Noctifer
August 21st, 2023, 09:20 AM
Starting to wonder if I should not give up this challenge. Not because my hair looks bad or is damaged, but because I haven’t been liking my hair lately and it’s just feels mhe. Pretty much only on wash day I have liked it but lately barely then.
As I mentioned before the start of this challenge I contemplated cutting it back to shoulder length and kind of regret not doing it currently.
After all I have been cycling between growing it from waist to hip/tb then cutting it back to waist since 2015 so might be time for a change. But will try to wait until after new year time will tell if I manage it.

Für immer
August 21st, 2023, 01:15 PM
Starting to wonder if I should not give up this challenge. Not because my hair looks bad or is damaged, but because I haven’t been liking my hair lately and it’s just feels mhe. Pretty much only on wash day I have liked it but lately barely then.
As I mentioned before the start of this challenge I contemplated cutting it back to shoulder length and kind of regret not doing it currently.
After all I have been cycling between growing it from waist to hip/tb then cutting it back to waist since 2015 so might be time for a change. But will try to wait until after new year time will tell if I manage it.

Good luck. :cheer:

Bat
August 21st, 2023, 06:42 PM

It could be a length thing? Maybe the current milestone you are at just isn't doing it for you

Chin/shoulder looks terrible on me so it's hard to pass it which is a shame because Collarbone to apl really suits me so maybe the same could be said from where you are at

ReadingRenee
August 21st, 2023, 08:40 PM
It could be a length thing? Maybe the current milestone you are at just isn't doing it for you

Chin/shoulder looks terrible on me so it's hard to pass it which is a shame because Collarbone to apl really suits me so maybe the same could be said from where you are at

Yes the same thing happens to me. At this length I'm at currently. I just really dislike it on myself and I have to motivate myself to power through. It's why I like these no trimming challenges. It really helps me wait and get through the worst parts. I'm struggling right now for sure!

Noctifer
August 21st, 2023, 11:09 PM

Could be but doubtful as this length usually is my favorite length. Have been at this length and maintaining it for probably close to a year before so.

Bat
August 22nd, 2023, 05:11 AM
Yes the same thing happens to me. At this length I'm at currently. I just really dislike it on myself and I have to motivate myself to power through. It's why I like these no trimming challenges. It really helps me wait and get through the worst parts. I'm struggling right now for sure!

You got this! Fake it till you make it.

Could be but doubtful as this length usually is my favorite length. Have been at this length and maintaining it for probably close to a year before so.
You obviously know yourself more than me so good luck with whatever decision you come to atleast it grows back!

Noctifer
August 22nd, 2023, 05:51 AM
You obviously know yourself more than me so good luck with whatever decision you come to atleast it grows back!

Yeah luckily it does.
Well even though I currently seems to want two things at once, as I still (kind of) wants to grow it to about 100-105 which is where i was back in 2014. And to go back to where i started originally in 2007.
But stick around to I have made up my mind or figure out what’s different from last time I was this length back in 2020

ReadingRenee
August 22nd, 2023, 12:42 PM
You got this! Fake it till you make it.

Thank you Bat! I appreciate your support! I just keep telling myself it's only until Christmas. Not too far away in the grand scheme of things. You keep up the good growing as well!

Bat
August 22nd, 2023, 05:44 PM
Yeah luckily it does.
Well even though I currently seems to want two things at once, as I still (kind of) wants to grow it to about 100-105 which is where i was back in 2014. And to go back to where i started originally in 2007.
But stick around to I have made up my mind or figure out what’s different from last time I was this length back in 2020

I'd say grow it to the 100-105 then cut it back after? It will take less time if you decide after the chop to get back to it

Thank you Bat! I appreciate your support! I just keep telling myself it's only until Christmas. Not too far away in the grand scheme of things. You keep up the good growing as well!

It's coming up fast! You can do it

Something feels different this time around for me. I don't know if it's because I got into natural dyes or if the fact I've not cut my hair or even really bleached it since arriving to Melbourne.

Who knows! granted I got a long time before
my wild hair starts to annoy me 😆
I do know by the end of the challenge my sides will cover my ears so that's something to look forward to

Noctifer
August 23rd, 2023, 12:05 AM
I'd say grow it to the 100-105 then cut it back after? It will take less time if you decide after the chop to get back to it

That would be the smart choice especially when it will only take 6-12 months to get to that length, but am I known to be smart? Nope not really.
But I think I might figure out what’s making me not liking the hair.
Starting using silicones in anything then those rare occasion deep treatments might been a mistake even if it doesn’t really acts like it doesn’t like it. After being silicone free for 10+ year.
Need to change shampoo anyway so

Bat
August 23rd, 2023, 03:15 AM
That would be the smart choice especially when it will only take 6-12 months to get to that length, but am I known to be smart? Nope not really.
But I think I might figure out what’s making me not liking the hair.
Starting using silicones in anything then those rare occasion deep treatments might been a mistake even if it doesn’t really acts like it doesn’t like it. After being silicone free for 10+ year.
Need to change shampoo anyway so

Hopefully the problem will be fixed with the shampoo change
I'm not known to being smart either I'd almost have waist length hair by now if I had been smart and kept away from scissors and bleach when I joined in 2020

Lady Stardust
August 23rd, 2023, 03:55 AM
I’m lurking in this thread. I’ve never wanted to do a no trimming challenge before, because I don’t like rules :) but also I know that my hair will be thin at the ends if I don’t trim it.

The thing is, my hair is going to be thin at the ends anyway. It was already on the thin side and I cut back a couple of inches in May. I expect I will be going through a shed soon. My brother died suddenly at the end of June and I went into shock. Some hair came out within a couple of weeks but I expect there will be more starting in the next month or so.

I’m pretty sure I’m going to want to cut at least an inch off at some point, but I’d rather my hair was back to MBL before I do that. Maybe if I stay away from trimming until the end of December I’ll be past MBL and can cut back to that length. My hair cuts come out better if I do bigger trims than small ones, so I was thinking of changing to every six months, but the thinner ends in the meantime were putting me off.

Seeing ReadingRenee here is encouraging me to at least lurk because I know we tend to feel the same about our ends!

As I’m here, good luck everyone. Bat you’re really on it this time, it’s great.

Ylva
August 23rd, 2023, 04:22 AM
I'm so sorry about your brother, Lady Stardust! :grouphug:

Lady Stardust
August 23rd, 2023, 06:40 AM
Thank you Ylva, I really appreciate that :heart:

cadaverinna
August 23rd, 2023, 11:30 AM
Yesterday I did a little S&D session and barely had any splits, but amongst them I found this monstrosity:

https://scontent.fsdu38-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t39.30808-6/369874773_999601668038304_7455325779304574147_n.jp g?_nc_cat=104&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_ohc=4wKpfev3W68AX-nPUyZ&_nc_ht=scontent.fsdu38-1.fna&oh=00_AfA4jGKwChS9iGvrAnwq6qJKrk38taVlDQXn7gApmFmR CQ&oe=64EB76CB

Bat
August 23rd, 2023, 02:24 PM
I’m lurking in this thread. I’ve never wanted to do a no trimming challenge before, because I don’t like rules :) but also I know that my hair will be thin at the ends if I don’t trim it.

The thing is, my hair is going to be thin at the ends anyway. It was already on the thin side and I cut back a couple of inches in May. I expect I will be going through a shed soon. My brother died suddenly at the end of June and I went into shock. Some hair came out within a couple of weeks but I expect there will be more starting in the next month or so.

I’m pretty sure I’m going to want to cut at least an inch off at some point, but I’d rather my hair was back to MBL before I do that. Maybe if I stay away from trimming until the end of December I’ll be past MBL and can cut back to that length. My hair cuts come out better if I do bigger trims than small ones, so I was thinking of changing to every six months, but the thinner ends in the meantime were putting me off.

Seeing ReadingRenee here is encouraging me to at least lurk because I know we tend to feel the same about our ends!

Oh jeez I'm sorry for your loss *offers a hug*
Whatever you decide to do with your hair will be the best choice for you and you have us to keep you on track if you decide to not trim.

Bat
August 23rd, 2023, 02:25 PM
Yesterday I did a little S&D session and I barely had any splits, but amongst them I found this monstrosity:

https://scontent.fsdu38-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t39.30808-6/369874773_999601668038304_7455325779304574147_n.jp g?_nc_cat=104&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_ohc=4wKpfev3W68AX-nPUyZ&_nc_ht=scontent.fsdu38-1.fna&oh=00_AfA4jGKwChS9iGvrAnwq6qJKrk38taVlDQXn7gApmFmR CQ&oe=64EB76CB

Yikes look at that thing! And what a thick strand of hair!

Lady Stardust
August 23rd, 2023, 03:07 PM
Oh jeez I'm sorry for your loss *offers a hug*
Whatever you decide to do with your hair will be the best choice for you and you have us to keep you on track if you decide to not trim.

Thank you Bat, for your very kind, and wise, words.

Bat
August 23rd, 2023, 08:55 PM
Thank you Bat, for your very kind, and wise, words.

Anytime! We are all in this together

ReadingRenee
August 24th, 2023, 06:58 AM

Lady Stardust I am so, so sorry for the loss of your brother.

You are right! We do feel the same way about our ends. Mine are driving me bananas, but like you, I have come to the realization that my hair is always going to be thin at the ends no matter what I do unless I cut it quite short. If I want long hair, I have to accept thin ends. Also like you, my hair seems to do better with larger trims. So, I am gritting my teeth and wearing my hair up every day so I don't have to look at the ends and I will do a larger trim at the end of the year and try to maintain at MBL. I am there when my hair is wet, so Im hoping to be there dry by the end of December. My ends are not split or damaged, just thinner than the rest of my hair. So I am going to try to hold out.

cadaverinna
August 24th, 2023, 10:15 AM
Yikes look at that thing! And what a thick strand of hair!

Oh, you think so? Feels like a huge complement since it's bleached lol

Bat
August 24th, 2023, 02:07 PM
Oh, you think so? Feels like a huge complement since it's bleached lol
Bleach swells up the cuticle, it doesn't make your strands thinner.
Hair thinning with bleach is breakage it doesn't cause coarse strands to become fine if that makes any sense.

Lady Stardust
August 25th, 2023, 03:20 AM
Anytime! We are all in this together

That’s just the kind of support we all need, thank you Bat.

Lady Stardust I am so, so sorry for the loss of your brother.

You are right! We do feel the same way about our ends. Mine are driving me bananas, but like you, I have come to the realization that my hair is always going to be thin at the ends no matter what I do unless I cut it quite short. If I want long hair, I have to accept thin ends. Also like you, my hair seems to do better with larger trims. So, I am gritting my teeth and wearing my hair up every day so I don't have to look at the ends and I will do a larger trim at the end of the year and try to maintain at MBL. I am there when my hair is wet, so Im hoping to be there dry by the end of December. My ends are not split or damaged, just thinner than the rest of my hair. So I am going to try to hold out.

Thank you ReadingRenee :heart:

I’ve recently realised that I am going to have to accept thinner ends too. Mine looks best if it’s just come down from a bun, as the ends all curl together and look a bit more united! I’m planning to maintain at MBL as well. I should be there by the end of the year, maybe sooner. If I wanted my hair to look thicker, I would have to cut right back to chin length! It’s not to do with taper, it’s just the way my hair is. It falls within ii thickness but still looks see through if there’s light behind it. If I don’t want chin length hair (which I really, really don’t!) I have to accept how it looks.

I’d be less inclined to trim if I didn’t have splits. I think they’re from the days when I went to the hairdresser, but that’s nearly 4 years ago now so it’s only the last couple of inches. There aren’t many splits but the texture at the ends looks different.

I’ll stick with S&D for now. I’m still in two minds whether to properly decide to do this challenge, but there’s no real risk is there! If I have a shed and need to trim, I know you’ll all still be supportive. I think if I do join, it could prevent me from doing an emotionally charged trim. I nearly cut my hair before my brother’s funeral, but my daughter said I should keep growing it, so I left it.

ReadingRenee
August 26th, 2023, 10:54 AM
That’s just the kind of support we all need, thank you Bat.

Thank you ReadingRenee :heart:

I’ve recently realised that I am going to have to accept thinner ends too. Mine looks best if it’s just come down from a bun, as the ends all curl together and look a bit more united! I’m planning to maintain at MBL as well. I should be there by the end of the year, maybe sooner. If I wanted my hair to look thicker, I would have to cut right back to chin length! It’s not to do with taper, it’s just the way my hair is. It falls within ii thickness but still looks see through if there’s light behind it. If I don’t want chin length hair (which I really, really don’t!) I have to accept how it looks.

I’d be less inclined to trim if I didn’t have splits. I think they’re from the days when I went to the hairdresser, but that’s nearly 4 years ago now so it’s only the last couple of inches. There aren’t many splits but the texture at the ends looks different.

I’ll stick with S&D for now. I’m still in two minds whether to properly decide to do this challenge, but there’s no real risk is there! If I have a shed and need to trim, I know you’ll all still be supportive. I think if I do join, it could prevent me from doing an emotionally charged trim. I nearly cut my hair before my brother’s funeral, but my daughter said I should keep growing it, so I left it.

:flower:

Lady Stardust do we have the same hair? :lol: I do the same exact thing. I try to keep my hair in some kind of coiled bun all the time because the ends look so much better when they are curled at the ends. For example, all week I wore my hair in the lazy wrap bun and today I am wearing my hair in a scrunchie ponytail because my ends are curled and it actually looks ok, not thin and stringy. My hair is ii thickness also but definitely not at the ends.

Yes, we will all be supportive whatever ends up happening! This thread has helped keep me from making many emotional trims. I know for some people it has the opposite effect and makes them want to trim but it has really worked for me. Good luck with whatever you decide!

MadHouseWitch
August 26th, 2023, 12:42 PM
I did a S&D found 4 ssk, and it really wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. I can always keep going on a S&D but I limit my time! Seriously SET A TIMER LOL. I DID NOT this round but I did just reach a "stop" point. the ends FEEL better though! I had actually found one SSK which is why I (finally) got my S&D in. It is also HIGHLY possible I'm posting HERE and not the Benign Neglect thread I should be posting in. Doesn't matter still counts ><

rosenester
August 26th, 2023, 07:37 PM
I did a S&D found 4 ssk, and it really wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. I can always keep going on a S&D but I limit my time! Seriously SET A TIMER LOL. I DID NOT this round but I did just reach a "stop" point. the ends FEEL better though! I had actually found one SSK which is why I (finally) got my S&D in. It is also HIGHLY possible I'm posting HERE and not the Benign Neglect thread I should be posting in. Doesn't matter still counts ><

I should set a timer for S&D, great idea! I keep hair sheers in my work bag and sometimes check out the s0lits on my lunch break, so I have to consume a meal and S&D so it automatically limits the time :wink:

Lady Stardust
August 28th, 2023, 08:17 AM
:flower:

Lady Stardust do we have the same hair? :lol: I do the same exact thing. I try to keep my hair in some kind of coiled bun all the time because the ends look so much better when they are curled at the ends. For example, all week I wore my hair in the lazy wrap bun and today I am wearing my hair in a scrunchie ponytail because my ends are curled and it actually looks ok, not thin and stringy. My hair is ii thickness also but definitely not at the ends.

Yes, we will all be supportive whatever ends up happening! This thread has helped keep me from making many emotional trims. I know for some people it has the opposite effect and makes them want to trim but it has really worked for me. Good luck with whatever you decide!

Yes our hair sounds very similar :) Mine isn’t is wavy as yours. I have 2 ringlets at the back though that go in opposite directions, and they make it look like my hair is splaying out in a weird way, if I’ve detangled my hair. They’re just at the bottom of the U shape. I should try not to touch it really.

If this challenge will help me to avoid an emotional trim, I should just go for it. OK, I’m in :)

Bat
August 29th, 2023, 05:53 AM
Glad to have you with us! I'm still here :D

Lady Stardust
August 29th, 2023, 06:28 AM
Thank you Bat!

It sounds like it’s going well for you! I can imagine that no trims is really good for growing out from a buzz cut because the nape hair will grow down to your shoulders sooner, and that gives you more options.

I already had a fringe so I trimmed that yesterday. What’s the deal with face framing layers? Is it within the rules to maintain them or does that count as cutting the length? I’ll probably leave them until the end of the challenge anyway but it might be good to know.

Ylva
August 29th, 2023, 07:44 AM
I already had a fringe so I trimmed that yesterday. What’s the deal with face framing layers? Is it within the rules to maintain them or does that count as cutting the length? I’ll probably leave them until the end of the challenge anyway but it might be good to know.

No different from fringe, the same rules apply. :) So maintaining is fine, cutting new ones in is not.

Actually, I will add that to the short list of rules, just for the sake of clarity.

Lady Stardust
August 29th, 2023, 09:42 AM
Good to know, thanks Ylva!

ReadingRenee
August 29th, 2023, 02:27 PM
Yes our hair sounds very similar :) Mine isn’t is wavy as yours. I have 2 ringlets at the back though that go in opposite directions, and they make it look like my hair is splaying out in a weird way, if I’ve detangled my hair. They’re just at the bottom of the U shape. I should try not to touch it really.

If this challenge will help me to avoid an emotional trim, I should just go for it. OK, I’m in :)

Woohoo! Welcome! My hair is wavy lite. :D Its only really wavy on wash day and then the next day most of the waves have fallen out. Sigh.

Glad to have you with us! I'm still here :D

Awesome! Keep it up Bat!

Lady Stardust
August 29th, 2023, 02:39 PM
Woohoo! Welcome! My hair is wavy lite. :D Its only really wavy on wash day and then the next day most of the waves have fallen out. Sigh.

Awesome! Keep it up Bat!

Yes my hair goes more bumpy than wavy, the next day. It doesn’t help that tangles annoy me so I find it hard to leave my hair alone, and I knock a lot of the wave out of it. The underlying bumpy slide effect tends to stay though.

paulownia
August 30th, 2023, 01:13 AM
I feel like I might want to lurk a bit in this thread, even though I'm not officially participating in the challenge :D since I had a trim lately.
I decided to take off some, my waves were stringy and undefined lately. It was a very good decision. I have a great hemline with just the right amount of layering and the spirals are fantastic ;)
Sorry, I'd rather have hair 2 cm shorter but looking great than 2 cm longer and looking like crap. Now I think I will not need any trims until the end of this year.
I use proteins more often now and I've found that spirulina works wonders in enhancing curl pattern ;)

Bat
August 30th, 2023, 01:35 AM
Thank you Bat!

It sounds like it’s going well for you! I can imagine that no trims is really good for growing out from a buzz cut because the nape hair will grow down to your shoulders sooner, and that gives you more options.

If you already have face framing I don't see why maintaining would be an issue

I tried maintaining while growing but I just kept cutting off everything I grew because my hair grows out before growing down

Bat
August 30th, 2023, 01:36 AM
I feel like I might want to lurk a bit in this thread, even though I'm not officially participating in the challenge :D since I had a trim lately.
I decided to take off some, my waves were stringy and undefined lately. It was a very good decision. I have a great hemline with just the right amount of layering and the spirals are fantastic ;)
Sorry, I'd rather have hair 2 cm shorter but looking great than 2 cm longer and looking like crap. Now I think I will not need any trims until the end of this year.
I use proteins more often now and I've found that spirulina works wonders in enhancing curl pattern ;)
No trimming club seems like the ideal place for you, you set your own deadlines there!

Bat
August 30th, 2023, 01:37 AM
No different from fringe, the same rules apply. :) So maintaining is fine, cutting new ones in is not.

Actually, I will add that to the short list of rules, just for the sake of clarity.

Maybe maintaining undercuts and shaved sides too? Since some people do that

Lady Stardust
August 30th, 2023, 02:53 AM
If you already have face framing I don't see why maintaining would be an issue

I tried maintaining while growing but I just kept cutting off everything I grew because my hair grows out before growing down

Yes I think I might be better off leaving the face framing bits for now in case they act like a gateway trim :) Sometimes they make me want to trim the length to blend it a bit more. It’s probably best to just leave the scissors alone altogether.

My fringe is pretty short and it’s in a shape that should look alright as it grows out, so I think just ignoring my hair until the end of the year is my best bet.

Ylva
August 30th, 2023, 03:53 AM
Maybe maintaining undercuts and shaved sides too? Since some people do that

I'll add those too. :)

Bat
August 31st, 2023, 01:15 AM
Yes I think I might be better off leaving the face framing bits for now in case they act like a gateway trim :) Sometimes they make me want to trim the length to blend it a bit more. It’s probably best to just leave the scissors alone altogether.

My fringe is pretty short and it’s in a shape that should look alright as it grows out, so I think just ignoring my hair until the end of the year is my best bet.

I'm quite enjoying not trimming for a change but of course it's only been 85 days since I buzzed so it still behaves OK it hasn't entered the unkempt stage

momof3mary
September 1st, 2023, 07:37 AM
I'm quite enjoying not trimming for a change but of course it's only been 85 days since I buzzed so it still behaves OK it hasn't entered the unkempt stage

I figure that I should enter the unkempt stage next May. That is, if I don't cut it again between now and then. Keep going my friend!!!

patchoulilove
September 1st, 2023, 08:00 AM
I'm here. Have had zero trims in 2023 (nor 2022 iirc)

:blossom: patchoulilove

Bat
September 2nd, 2023, 03:09 AM
I figure that I should enter the unkempt stage next May. That is, if I don't cut it again between now and then. Keep going my friend!!!

You can do It keep those clippers away. I'll be in the fully wild stage Around November

I'm here. Have had zero trims in 2023 (nor 2022 iirc)

:blossom: patchoulilove

What was your Starting Length? I hope I can last as long as that without a trim

ReadingRenee
September 3rd, 2023, 06:33 PM
Yes my hair goes more bumpy than wavy, the next day. It doesn’t help that tangles annoy me so I find it hard to leave my hair alone, and I knock a lot of the wave out of it. The underlying bumpy slide effect tends to stay though.

I know what you mean about the bumpiness. That's a great way to describe it. That is my hair on day 2 usually. I have been using the babassou oil just on my ends every night and morning and I love what it does to my hair. It makes the ends look way more moisturized and they actually curl up rather than splay out.

However. I am seriously gritting my teeth to not cut my hair. This is ALWAYS when I cut it. For some reason, I hate this length on me. This length exactly. That knowledge is the only thing that is keeping me from cutting though. I want to get past this point. I know a trim will be the gateway. So, I made it to September! Only 4 months to go!

Bat
September 3rd, 2023, 08:06 PM
I know what you mean about the bumpiness. That's a great way to describe it. That is my hair on day 2 usually. I have been using the babassou oil just on my ends every night and morning and I love what it does to my hair. It makes the ends look way more moisturized and they actually curl up rather than splay out.

However. I am seriously gritting my teeth to not cut my hair. This is ALWAYS when I cut it. For some reason, I hate this length on me. This length exactly. That knowledge is the only thing that is keeping me from cutting though. I want to get past this point. I know a trim will be the gateway. So, I made it to September! Only 4 months to go!

Keep it up you can do it!

patchoulilove
September 3rd, 2023, 08:14 PM
What was your Starting Length? I hope I can last as long as that without a trim

In May 2021, I cut back to APL

Bat
September 3rd, 2023, 09:04 PM
In May 2021, I cut back to APL

What is it now? :o

patchoulilove
September 4th, 2023, 12:01 PM
What is it now? :o

WL, on my way to hip next

Lady Stardust
September 4th, 2023, 12:25 PM

I love babassu oil. I use it prewash, and have have used it midwash. I’ve never used it on in between days though (cue The Cure!). I don’t know if it would look greasy? Maybe I’ll give it a try the night before wash day.

Well done for resisting the trimming urge! Is it an awkward length because of the way it lies? I think we’re at similar lengths, and mine is sticking out at a tangent from my shoulder blades. I’ve been pretty good about wearing it up for the last few days though.

Bat
September 4th, 2023, 03:15 PM
WL, on my way to hip next

Very nice!

ReadingRenee
September 4th, 2023, 06:03 PM
Keep it up you can do it!

Thank you Bat! :blossom:

I love babassu oil. I use it prewash, and have have used it midwash. I’ve never used it on in between days though (cue The Cure!). I don’t know if it would look greasy? Maybe I’ll give it a try the night before wash day.

Well done for resisting the trimming urge! Is it an awkward length because of the way it lies? I think we’re at similar lengths, and mine is sticking out at a tangent from my shoulder blades. I’ve been pretty good about wearing it up for the last few days though.

:lol: to the bolded. Lady Stardust Yes, mine definitely sticks out from my shoulder blades and that really bugs me. I'm not sure what it is about this length. Maybe the in-betweenness? I simultaneously want to cut it because it's too long and yet it's too short also. I don't like how it looks on my face when I wear it down, but it's too short to do any really cool updos and I get bored with the same old thing. I don't like to braid it because I feel it calls attention to the thin ends and I pretty much just wear it in a lazy wrap bun held with a claw clip, or a twist held with a claw clip, or if I get exciting, sometimes a low bun or a ponytail with a scrunchie.

I just use a tiny fingernail scraping of the oil on my very ends and its amazing! coconut oil has always been too heavy but my hair seems to absorb babassu and it just makes my ends curl up. I love it! Let me know if you try it and how it works for you.

Today I blow-dried my hair and it lays so much nicer! I wish I could get this effect with air drying. I can also see how long it is and that makes me feel a little better, like I have actually achieved growth these past few months.

floridaorchid
September 4th, 2023, 06:12 PM
I have so much S&D to do soon. I have a hard time seeing splits unless I am sitting in the sun.
Anyone else have this struggle?

Für immer
September 5th, 2023, 05:11 AM
I have so much S&D to do soon. I have a hard time seeing splits unless I am sitting in the sun.

A bit, yeah, though I usually don't have splits.
I find it easier to do s&d when I'm sitting on the couch ín my livingroom and listen to calm music because then I don't feel stressed and have an easier time to find those split ends.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qrJUQEhiPY4
Always listen to this song during that time, but I think it's because it's my favorite movie since I was a toddler. :p

rosenester
September 5th, 2023, 05:32 AM

Same! I think it’s fair and fine hair combo, I need a black backdrop (aka black clothes) and sunlight. Even in the sun its hard to see an actual split, I try to catch them as a white dot.

Bat
September 6th, 2023, 01:02 AM
I'm so proud of myself 2 months here 3 months over all and I'm still here 100% no cutting urges I occasionally get the bleach urge but doing henna has definitely been the best thing I could do, it's put a big stop to my impulsiveness! I'm now working towards a reverse ombre and doing monthly regrowth touch ups I should have done this a long time ago

Ylva
September 6th, 2023, 04:19 AM
I'm so proud of myself 2 months here 3 months over all and I'm still here 100% no cutting urges I occasionally get the bleach urge but doing henna has definitely been the best thing I could do, it's put a big stop to my compolsiveness! I'm now working towards a reverse ombre and doing monthly regrowth touch ups I should have done this a long time ago

Who would've thought that henna was the answer! :D You have every reason to be proud of yourself, Bat!

I'm still contemplating on whether to have quarterly or just twice-yearly trims, but my ends look and feel fine, so I think I'll just save the money and wait until the end of the year. I do want some more face-framing layers, though...

Bat
September 6th, 2023, 05:36 AM
Who would've thought that henna was the answer! :D You have every reason to be proud of yourself, Bat!

I'm still contemplating on whether to have quarterly or just twice-yearly trims, but my ends look and feel fine, so I think I'll just save the money and wait until the end of the year. I do want some more face-framing layers, though...

Thank you! I think moving states helped too, I'm weary of starting to trim in case I can't stop, I want out of this bald to chin stage as quick as possible.

Für immer
September 6th, 2023, 06:22 AM
I'm so proud of myself 2 months here 3 months over all and I'm still here 100% no cutting urges I occasionally get the bleach urge but doing henna has definitely been the best thing I could do, it's put a big stop to my impulsiveness! I'm now working towards a reverse ombre and doing monthly regrowth touch ups I should have done this a long time ago

How exciting! And congrats for reaching pixie-length! :cheer:

LongLocke
September 6th, 2023, 07:19 AM

So excited for you! Before you know it, you’ll be sitting on it

floridaorchid
September 6th, 2023, 07:21 AM
A bit, yeah, though I usually don't have splits.
I find it easier to do s&d when I'm sitting on the couch ín my livingroom and listen to calm music because then I don't feel stressed and have an easier time to find those split ends.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qrJUQEhiPY4
Always listen to this song during that time, but I think it's because it's my favorite movie since I was a toddler. :p

That is an amazing song to listen to! It's so calming

ReadingRenee
September 6th, 2023, 02:47 PM

Congratulations Bat! It's amazing that Henna was the answer for you! Im so glad you found something that has helped you so much! You are doing great!

Bat
September 6th, 2023, 02:51 PM
How exciting! And congrats for reaching pixie-length! :cheer:
Thanks! It grows outwards from here lool

So excited for you! Before you know it, you’ll be sitting on it
If only!

Congratulations Bat! It's amazing that Henna was the answer for you! Im so glad you found something that has helped you so much! You are doing great!

It's crazy that it actually stopped me usually I'd shave it off and bleach it after it grew back, I guess I love the result more than I thought

Für immer
September 7th, 2023, 04:06 PM
That is an amazing song to listen to! It's so calming

Oh, I agree completely. :cloud9:

Thanks! It grows outwards from here lool

Sounds good! :D

Bat
September 7th, 2023, 07:31 PM
Oh, I agree completely. :cloud9:

Sounds good! :D
It doesn't look great lool though I can pretend I'm a Loin

Katarina981
September 8th, 2023, 11:31 AM
I recently joined the forum and I'm joining in.
I stopped trimming this summer.
Just S&D - in June.

I have a problem with cutting hair. I'm hiding my scissors for the rest of the year!

rosenester
September 8th, 2023, 07:46 PM
:hmm: I really want to cut an inch of bleach off & get a little closer to less layers. I trim between the 15th-20th, so I have another week or so, but I am getting really excited to bring in Autumn with a seasonal trim. I think my hair would be fine skipping it, which is good to know. But I am at a point where my hair is long enough (at least for now!) And I’m less interested in gaining length. I’ll measure and photograph my hair next week to see where I’m at, but I believe I am ready to cut an inch, grow an inch, cut an inch, and get rid of this bleach a little faster.

In summary… This thread has been fun, but I’m planning to trim soon so will be gracefully leaving in anticipation. :magic:

Für immer
September 8th, 2023, 07:47 PM
It doesn't look great lool though I can pretend I'm a Loin

Well, progress is progress, no? ;)

floridaorchid
September 8th, 2023, 08:08 PM
:hmm: I really want to cut an inch of bleach off & get a little closer to less layers. I trim between the 15th-20th, so I have another week or so, but I am getting really excited to bring in Autumn with a seasonal trim. I think my hair would be fine skipping it, which is good to know. But I am at a point where my hair is long enough (at least for now!) And I’m less interested in gaining length. I’ll measure and photograph my hair next week to see where I’m at, but I believe I am ready to cut an inch, grow an inch, cut an inch, and get rid of this bleach a little faster.

In summary… This thread has been fun, but I’m planning to trim soon so will be gracefully leaving in anticipation. :magic:

I can understand that feeling of wanting to loose some layers. Growing out layers is a pest.

rosenester
September 9th, 2023, 06:56 AM
I can understand that feeling of wanting to loose some layers. Growing out layers is a pest.

Thanks! It’s been a journey, the salon layers are from two years ago and are still pretty short, but actually blend very well & look natural at this point. The layers I gave myself however, are choppy and took too much weight from the hemline. Live and learn!

I am happy I’ve learned to go 3 months without trimming, I am making progress staying away from the scissors, getting better at trimming when I do, and learning how I like my hair to fall (I never really thought about it much).

Good luck to everyone else!

Für immer
September 9th, 2023, 01:11 PM
rosenester, ah, wish you good luck on your new goals. :)

Bat
September 9th, 2023, 10:17 PM
Well, progress is progress, no? ;)

Yep true! I was putting cassia in my hair today and I just thought wow its taking off!

Ylva
September 10th, 2023, 02:22 PM
Well, DBF went ahead and had his haircut without me (I suppose he forgot I mentioned I could come along and have a maintenance trim) so it looks like I won't be getting mine cut for now!

Für immer
September 11th, 2023, 12:05 PM
Well, DBF went ahead and had his haircut without me (I suppose he forgot I mentioned I could come along and have a maintenance trim) so it looks like I won't be getting mine cut for now!

ah... so, you'll stay with us in the challenge then?

Ylva
September 11th, 2023, 03:29 PM
ah... so, you'll stay with us in the challenge then?

Looks like it! For the time being, anyway. :) And it'll be good for me to see how my hair fares without trims for 6 months.

Für immer
September 12th, 2023, 02:15 AM
Looks like it! For the time being, anyway. :) And it'll be good for me to see how my hair fares without trims for 6 months.

How interesting! :D

Shorty89
September 14th, 2023, 10:27 AM
I'm struggling right now because it seems like I have a lot of split ends. I know that a trim wouldn't get rid of them and that a S&D is a better option overall, but I have to keep telling myself that.

Für immer
September 14th, 2023, 04:34 PM
I'm struggling right now because it seems like I have a lot of split ends. I know that a trim wouldn't get rid of them and that a S&D is a better option overall, but I have to keep telling myself that.

Oh... sorry to hear that. :(
you can do this, though! Just hang in there. :cheer:

Bat
September 15th, 2023, 12:43 AM
Still plodding along I made it to 100 days so far

Stray_mind
September 15th, 2023, 04:21 AM
I haven't had a lot of time to browse the community, but am still here. I can put my hair up in a small ponytail now and the ends brush my shoulders. My natural hair is down to my ears now i think.

Für immer
September 15th, 2023, 06:11 AM

That's great! Good job. :thumbsup:

I haven't had a lot of time to browse the community, but am still here. I can put my hair up in a small ponytail now and the ends brush my shoulders. My natural hair is down to my ears now i think.

Excellent. :D

LongLocke
September 15th, 2023, 06:49 AM

Here's to a hundred more!

maborosi
September 15th, 2023, 09:10 AM
I think I'm inadvertently in this club. I realized that I haven't done any trim at all since May-ish. That said, I definitely should do an S&D if nothing else. I can see a couple of little splits trying to form, so I ought to take care of those before they become a big problem.

Way to go, Bat! :D

That's awesome! It's always nice when hair gets long enough to start wearing pulled back! That awkward stage before you can do a ponytail is the worst, lol

JasminxCat
September 15th, 2023, 09:40 PM
I’m in. Last trim was sometime in Dec 2022

Edit: oh, guess it was 1-1-23 according to my sig, cool

Stray_mind
September 16th, 2023, 12:02 AM
That's awesome! It's always nice when hair gets long enough to start wearing pulled back! That awkward stage before you can do a ponytail is the worst, lol

Indeed. I am also growing out bangs. I kinda just weave them into a french braid on top and tie the rest of it back. Still shaving my sides though, i enjoy that style a lot. Gives me a sort of warrior vibes haha.

Bat
October 5th, 2023, 01:01 AM
Looks like we are half way if I can math

4 months without trimming since shaved bald if I can make it until Mid October then that will be the longest I've gone without a cut in years

Ylva
October 5th, 2023, 01:56 AM

4 months without trimming since shaved bald if I can make it until Mid October then that will be the longest I've gone without a cut in years

That’s correct! And wow, that will be a huge achievement! How will you celebrate?

Aerya
October 5th, 2023, 03:30 AM

You can do it!! :cheer:

cookies
October 10th, 2023, 08:39 AM
I’m still here! I haven’t even S&Ded which does mean there’s quite a few unpleasantries around the bottom 5cm/2” of my hair but I seem to care way less.
I’m thinking of extending it to a 9-month challenge, mostly because I want to be at waist after the next trim and that wouldn’t be the case in January. We'll see how it goes.

Good job to everyone for making it more than halfway through! :cheer:

Bat
October 11th, 2023, 04:09 AM
You can do it!! :cheer:

It's closing in fast in 4-5 days I'll make it

Noctifer
October 12th, 2023, 10:21 AM
If I manage to get to 26th without trimming it might be the longest I’ve gone without a trim since 2019.

(Noctifera here just got my old account back)

Aerya
October 12th, 2023, 10:43 AM
If I manage to get to 26th without trimming it might be the longest I’ve gone without a trim since 2019.

(Noctifera here just got my old account back)

Oh man, I was just wondering if there was a new member with almost the same username! :lol:

I feel like the last of summer went so slowly, and now all of a sudden time is just flying by. My ends aren't particularly nice, but I kind of... don't care, lol. I don't feel like doing anything about it, and it's nice to be gaining some length back. If this mindset continues into next year, I'll finally get out of the waist-ish rut I've been stuck in for the past couple of years.

Noctifer
October 13th, 2023, 05:17 AM
Oh man, I was just wondering if there was a new member with almost the same username! :lol:

I feel like the last of summer went so slowly, and now all of a sudden time is just flying by. My ends aren't particularly nice, but I kind of... don't care, lol. I don't feel like doing anything about it, and it's nice to be gaining some length back. If this mindset continues into next year, I'll finally get out of the waist-ish rut I've been stuck in for the past couple of years.

Nope just an oldie getting back her real account. Probably should remembered looking into get it back earlier. And probably should add something about it in signature to avoid confusion. Needs to be updated anyway but don’t seem possible on mobile version.

Ohh yeah I’m trying my best to avoid looking to closely at my end currently. But kind of surprised that they aren’t more tangly

Für immer
October 14th, 2023, 01:51 PM
Currently I'm doing the two week rule. So, depending on the outcome of that, in two weeks time I'm out of this challenge.
Not cutting length, by the way. Just getting bangs. Possibly-ish...

Bat
October 14th, 2023, 09:13 PM
This is the longest I've been in a no trim challenge since joining LHC and still no real urges to trim though I'm considering maintaining bangs since the growth I'd getting long enough and it seems to be breaking, but I dunno I'll wait a month longer before deciding I'm afraid if I start now I'll cut elsewhere.

Für immer
October 14th, 2023, 09:16 PM
This is the longest I've been in a no trim challenge since joining LHC and still no real urges to trim though I'm considering maintaining bangs since the growth I'd getting long enough and it seems to be breaking, but I dunno I'll wait a month longer before deciding I'm afraid if I start now I'll cut elsewhere.

You've done great so far. Rooting for you! :cheer:

Bat
October 14th, 2023, 09:17 PM
You've done great so far. Rooting for you! :cheer:

Thank you! I'm quite proud of myself

Für immer
October 14th, 2023, 09:19 PM
Thank you! I'm quite proud of myself

And you should be. :D

Bat
October 15th, 2023, 03:15 AM
And you should be. :D Thank you!

Bat
October 18th, 2023, 12:19 AM
I have a question the front part of my hair would be considered baby bangs, if I stop letting them grow longer would that be considered cutting them in or maintaining?

Lady Stardust
October 18th, 2023, 03:27 AM
I have a question the front part of my hair would be considered baby bangs, if I stop letting them grow longer would that be considered cutting them in or maintaining?

I think people might have different opinions on this. I reckon it could be considered to be maintaining.

If you like the baby bang look (I do, and I often have them) it can go a long way to making a growing out style look more intentional. Plus, you have trained as a hairdresser so you know how to section a fringe (ie how far back and how wide to go with the section you are maintaining).

You are doing so well Bat, it’s really impressive. As long as you’re sure that maintaining a fringe won’t be a “gateway” cut and lead to further trims, it could work well.

————

I know that I could maintain my face framing layers but I also know that would lead me to wanting to cut the length, so I’m leaving it for now.

I last trimmed at the beginning of May, so it’s coming up to six months. I think I can probably put off trimming a while longer, but I don’t know whether I’ll get past Christmas because I might want to wear my hair down then. The ends are starting to look a bit thin but I think the shed has finished. There’s no point hanging onto thin ends if they need to go. I’m still in this challenge for now though, and I’ll see how I go. I’m wearing my hair up anyway. There’s a benefit in growing the face framing pieces longer before I trim, because I’ll be tempted to use their length as a guide.

Bat
October 18th, 2023, 05:43 AM
I'm still in the thinking stage so currently on a 2 week ban before doing anything I was only considering ir since the top font is possibly snapping off

Aerya
October 18th, 2023, 06:44 AM
I agree with Lady Stardust - I think it counts as maintaining, as long as you are simply keeping them at the existing length rather than cutting them in from a longer length. However, others might feel differently, so maybe it's best to get input from more people before making any decisions with regards to this challenge :)

A two week wait sounds like a great idea regardless!

Lady Stardust I feel you about Christmas! I can go with not-so-great ends otherwise, but for bigger celebrations I prefer to have fresh ends.

Ylva
October 18th, 2023, 08:52 AM

If the intention is to have bangs (I mean, what else would it be, but for some reason I felt the need to include this in my statement), then that's more like "growing into bangs" rather than cutting them in. I don't think it's maintaining per se, but I still don't see it reasonable to disqualify someone from the challenge for that.

Für immer
October 18th, 2023, 09:11 AM
I don't know what that qualify as, but I agree with Stardust, Ylva and Aerya, that it shouldn't disqualify you for this challenge, Bat.

Für immer
October 18th, 2023, 12:55 PM
Have just decided that in order to stay with this challenge, I won't cut bangs at all, but rather I will wait until 1/1-24. :D

Bat
October 18th, 2023, 01:33 PM
Thanks everyone! I'll keep it in mind I'm still in thinking stage so definitely waiting for two weeks

Not just for me but I'm thinking maybe the not cutting bangs in is an outdated rule I think as long as it's just bangs and not cutting the back or getting overall layers or shaving sides off etc

Like maybe allowing bangs and face framing but no layers and no shaving sides off

Lady Stardust
October 18th, 2023, 04:05 PM
Thanks everyone! I'll keep it in mind I'm still in thinking stage so definitely waiting for two weeks

Not just for me but I'm thinking maybe the not cutting bangs in is an outdated rule I think as long as it's just bangs and not cutting the back or getting overall layers or shaving sides off etc

Like maybe allowing bangs and face framing but no layers and no shaving sides off

I’ve never really understood the need for it to be a rule either. I’m much more likely to leave the rest of my hair alone if I can change my fringe, or cut one back in after growing it out. That change puts a spring in my step and stops me thinking about the length of my hair.

Ylva
October 19th, 2023, 01:43 AM
I'm not big on having super strict rules, so I wouldn't mind if it was looser, but since two different people are putting up these challenges, it's nice that the rules are the same, and I don't just want to go rogue on changing them for these half year ones while the full year ones remain the same. Otherwise, it would get quite confusing - however, it would also make sense if the half year rules were a bit looser.

Für immer
October 19th, 2023, 03:08 AM
I'm not big on having super strict rules, so I wouldn't mind if it was looser, but since two different people are putting up these challenges, it's nice that the rules are the same, and I don't just want to go rogue on changing them for these half year ones while the full year ones remain the same. Otherwise, it would get quite confusing - however, it would also make sense if the half year rules were a bit looser.

Well, how about reaching out to those two persons and talk it over, see if for upcoming half year challenges, the rules can be a bit looser so that people are allowed to cut bangs but nothing else?

Lady Stardust
October 19th, 2023, 03:20 AM
To really put the cat among the pigeons, I would say if the rules were to be loosened it would be good to be more flexible about the end date of the July - December challenge.

The dates at the beginning of the challenges are flexible, I think that was because it was difficult for people to book appointments over New Year. Maybe flexibility at the end of the year instead would make more sense, as it would allow for tidy up trims before getting together with family/friends etc over Christmas and New Year.

I know that wouldn’t cater for celebrations for all denominations, but as there are public holidays over the Christmas/New Year period, people often get together with family at that time, whether or not they celebrate Christmas.

On the other hand, I guess it’s nice to start fresh for New Year. Personally I would probably just bow out before Christmas and not worry about it.

I agree Ylva that it’s easier if the threads for the whole year follow the same rules, in case people want to jump from one to another. At the same time I also agree that it’s not the end of the world if the half year challenges are a bit more flexible.

I’m just throwing thoughts out there :) I haven’t joined these challenges before so I’m not used to the rhythm of them.

Bat
October 19th, 2023, 03:49 AM
It wouldn't make sense to change the rule to allow cutting in bangs now because we only have roughly 2.5 months left until it's over.
But maybe it could change for 2024 threads?
Since lapushka made one of them we would need their input too

Für immer
October 19th, 2023, 04:26 AM
It wouldn't make sense to change the rule to allow cutting in bangs now because we only have roughly 2.5 months left until it's over.
But maybe it could change for 2024 threads?
Since lapushka made one of them we would need their input too

Yeah, that's what I was thinking too.

Bat
October 19th, 2023, 01:06 PM
Yeah, that's what I was thinking too.

Great minds think alike! :D

Für immer
October 19th, 2023, 04:12 PM
Great minds think alike! :D

True, true. :coolblue:

Lady Stardust
October 20th, 2023, 03:34 AM
I know that I could maintain my face framing layers but I also know that would lead me to wanting to cut the length, so I’m leaving it for now.

I last trimmed at the beginning of May, so it’s coming up to six months. I think I can probably put off trimming a while longer, but I don’t know whether I’ll get past Christmas because I might want to wear my hair down then. The ends are starting to look a bit thin but I think the shed has finished. There’s no point hanging onto thin ends if they need to go. I’m still in this challenge for now though, and I’ll see how I go. I’m wearing my hair up anyway. There’s a benefit in growing the face framing pieces longer before I trim, because I’ll be tempted to use their length as a guide.

The thin ends were getting me down, so I trimmed, for the greater good. It’s better for me to be looking forwards than to see a reminder of the shed (and everything else) I’ve just been through. I also had a feeling that if I didn’t do a small trim now, I might do a much bigger trim later.

Thanks everyone for your support, and good luck with the rest of the challenge :)

Aerya
October 20th, 2023, 05:02 AM
The thin ends were getting me down, so I trimmed, for the greater good. It’s better for me to be looking forwards than to see a reminder of the shed (and everything else) I’ve just been through. I also had a feeling that if I didn’t do a small trim now, I might do a much bigger trim later.

Thanks everyone for your support, and good luck with the rest of the challenge :)

It sounds like you made the right decision for yourself! Happy growing :cheer:

Lady Stardust
October 20th, 2023, 07:57 AM
It sounds like you made the right decision for yourself! Happy growing :cheer:

Ah thank you :flower: Yes it’s definitely better for my circumstances. It’s been nearly six months since I trimmed (bar 2 weeks) so I’m pleased I managed that long :)

Für immer
October 20th, 2023, 11:28 AM
Ah thank you :flower: Yes it’s definitely better for my circumstances. It’s been nearly six months since I trimmed (bar 2 weeks) so I’m pleased I managed that long :)

Awesome! Congrats for sticking around that long, and I agree also with you and Aerya, that it probably was better for your hair healthwise to do that trim. :flower:
Hope to see you in next "No trimming, first half"-challenge. :D

Lady Stardust
October 20th, 2023, 01:21 PM
Awesome! Congrats for sticking around that long, and I agree also with you and Aerya, that it probably was better for your hair healthwise to do that trim. :flower:
Hope to see you in next "No trimming, first half"-challenge. :D

Thank you :flower:

I’m undecided at the moment, whether to join the next challenge. I’ll see how my hair is looking in the New Year :)

longmane
October 20th, 2023, 05:10 PM
Who is still in? :cheer:

Bat
October 20th, 2023, 05:14 PM
I am :D I haven't cut since june

longmane
October 20th, 2023, 05:33 PM
I am :D I haven't cut since june

we're almost there 2/3 :cheer:

Bri-Chan
October 21st, 2023, 07:37 PM
My last cut was six months ago. In the last month or so I was determined to trim but then I dyed (deposit direct dyes) my hair and now I don't feel this urge anymore. I thought it'd be funny to see if I reach the next year without any trim, I think I'll be around tbl again by that time.

Bat
October 22nd, 2023, 03:26 AM
we're almost there 2/3 :cheer:
We got this!

floridaorchid
October 22nd, 2023, 08:45 AM
Worried that I’m not going to make it. There are more splits I am seeing and it’s becoming frustrating.
I think the longest I’ll last is mid December. My last cut was early June

Bat
October 22nd, 2023, 05:24 PM
Worried that I’m not going to make it. There are more splits I am seeing and it’s becoming frustrating.
I think the longest I’ll last is mid December. My last cut was early June

Can you just s/d them? That way you don't get disqualified

floridaorchid
October 22nd, 2023, 09:33 PM
Can you just s/d them? That way you don't get disqualified

Probably but it would take a lot of time. I’m going to try to fight it. It’s just so hard not to pick at them.

Aerya
October 23rd, 2023, 02:17 AM
Probably but it would take a lot of time. I’m going to try to fight it. It’s just so hard not to pick at them.

I feel you, I have to keep myself from looking too much at my hair as I keep finding new splits. Can you put it up and forget about it? :flower:

Ylva
October 23rd, 2023, 04:34 AM

Still here. I would've already had a little trim had DBF remembered to book me an appointment when he had one for himself, but he didn't, and frankly, it seems like he wants me to grow my hair longer, so that might've been a subconscious contributor. He always makes sure to mention how thick and healthy-looking my ends are and that there's no need to cut them. They're fine, I know, but I still have some bleach left in there so I'd like to work on getting rid of that. A few days ago, I also spotted an L split, but I had no hair scissors at hand so I just ignored it. DBF doesn't get to dictate whether I cut my hair or not, but he sure can make it more difficult. :D

I don't really know what I want to do with my hair, but I think I've settled on the thought of trimming it "every once in a while" (meaning twice or thrice a year), making sure it's less than what I've grown IF my intention is to grow or at the very least don't mind it. Overall, feeling very indifferent about length right now.