PDA

View Full Version : No trimming 2023! First half only!

Pages : [1] 2

Ylva
September 23rd, 2022, 03:24 PM
For this challenge, the no-trimming period is 11 January - 30 June 2023. No trims are allowed during this half of the year for you to be part of this challenge.

In order to participate, you need to trim at the latest January 10th 2023.

If you want to no-trim for shorter periods of time during the year, then the "no trimming club" is a better place for you:
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=132

Rules for the challenge:

You may maintain bangs. You may not cut them in.
You may S&D.
You may not trim.

lapushka
September 23rd, 2022, 03:47 PM
Awesome you posting these right now!

Doomy Daisy
September 23rd, 2022, 04:39 PM
Soooooo sooooo tempted. This year's no trimming challenges were/are being much easier than I thought. And I'm so close to reaching mid-thigh. We'll see... :smirk:

Bat
September 23rd, 2022, 04:58 PM
That's quick!

LongLocke
September 23rd, 2022, 05:03 PM
I’m in! I’m not planning on a trim until I’m past waist, which is at least a year away

lapushka
September 23rd, 2022, 05:05 PM
That's quick!

Right on time. I think September was the time I used to post these!

Ylva
September 23rd, 2022, 05:22 PM
Awesome you posting these right now!

It was a handy moment: I was at the PC and remembered to do it! :)

lapushka
September 23rd, 2022, 05:32 PM
It was a handy moment: I was at the PC and remembered to do it! :)

Anyone still up for putting up "the big one"? ;)

Joyful Mystery
September 23rd, 2022, 07:11 PM
I’m joining! I should hit waist by April and hip by December. ;)

Shorty89
September 23rd, 2022, 07:45 PM
I'm unsure. I haven't successfully done one yet but they're good motivators. :lol: I hope to try one sometime next year but aim not committing yet.

Bat
September 23rd, 2022, 08:40 PM
I won't be making the whole one this year we all know I can't seem to go without a trim for 6 weeks but I'll 'root' for everyone.

lapushka
September 24th, 2022, 04:42 AM
I won't be making the whole one this year we all know I can't seem to go without a trim for 6 weeks but I'll 'root' for everyone.

I'll do it then. I actually wasn't going to anymore... ETA/ I think, if Ylva can keep managing the half ones, I can (at least) still do the full one. Otherwise this is going to be a trainwreck. :lol: ;) :p

tuanyiji
September 24th, 2022, 11:11 AM
I’ll surely pass Classic by the first half of 2023 :)

momof3mary
September 24th, 2022, 11:56 AM
I'll be rooting for those of you who join these!! I myself know that I can't completely stick to no trims at all for any length of time, my hair at my nape grows so much quicker than the rest of my hair, so to avoid looking crazy I trim that part. You all rock though!! Good luck!

Ada-banana
September 24th, 2022, 02:54 PM
I'm in here as well, as I'm in the 2023 thread.

Bat
September 24th, 2022, 05:43 PM
I'll do it then. I actually wasn't going to anymore... ETA/ I think, if Ylva can keep managing the half ones, I can (at least) still do the full one. Otherwise this is going to be a trainwreck. :lol: ;) :p
I mean I would make them so you don't need too but it makes more sense for someone who only trims once a year to make them

Poinsettia
September 27th, 2022, 11:28 AM
I will join, I really have to keep myself accountable. I tend to get too scissor happy when I do S&D.

lapushka
September 27th, 2022, 11:39 AM
I mean I would make them so you don't need too but it makes more sense for someone who only trims once a year to make them

Actually, Bat, I don't think people mind who does it. Let's switch years, you and I, one year you'll do it, the next I'll do it? Does that work for you, or would you rather not? :)

Bat
September 28th, 2022, 01:44 AM
Actually, Bat, I don't think people mind who does it. Let's switch years, you and I, one year you'll do it, the next I'll do it? Does that work for you, or would you rather not? :)

that works for me! if i'm still around i'll make 2024 and 2025 i'd really like to make 2025's cause thats when my hair should be long enough that I'm more than likely to succeed

Bat
September 28th, 2022, 01:47 AM
I'm in! I've been doing some goth looks and have long hair motivation again

lapushka
September 28th, 2022, 01:47 AM
that works for me! if i'm still around i'll make 2024 and 2025 i'd really like to make 2025's cause thats when my hair should be long enough that I'm more than likely to succeed

OK. Done! We got a deal! :D Awesome. Here's to getting through the rough patches. It's really just a way of getting to that point of no return, where you can't go but long. It's just... getting there is supremely difficult!

Bat
September 28th, 2022, 02:44 AM
OK. Done! We got a deal! :D Awesome. Here's to getting through the rough patches. It's really just a way of getting to that point of no return, where you can't go but long. It's just... getting there is supremely difficult!

yep for sure! I've gotten to apl once before so I know I CAN do it I just have to keep it black

Diana Prince
November 27th, 2022, 02:42 AM
I'm joining.

Yesterday was pretty rough for me. I've asked a friend (former hairdresser) to trim 1-2 cm of my hair and blend the layers better than I did. I was happy with my hair, but it bugged me that it didn't look perfect (that's what I thought). Well... after she cut it, it looked so bad, I tried so hard not to cry. After she left I tried to save whatever I could and trimmed it myself, and now it looks fine, but it definitely looked better before. And it's 5 cm shorter (in the front, she somehow didn't take that much from the back layers). So half a year down the drain, since my hair grows excruciatingly slow.

I will start the challenge now. I'll upload a starting photo in the next few days and I'll try to keep myself accountable.

Bat
November 27th, 2022, 02:52 AM
I'm joining.

Yesterday was pretty rough for me. I've asked a friend (former hairdresser) to trim 1-2 cm of my hair and blend the layers better than I did. I was happy with my hair, but it bugged me that it didn't look perfect (that's what I thought). Well... after she cut it, it looked so bad, I tried so hard not to cry. After she left I tried to save whatever I could and trimmed it myself, and now it looks fine, but it definitely looked better before. And it's 5 cm shorter (in the front, she somehow didn't take that much from the back layers). So half a year down the drain, since my hair grows excruciatingly slow.

I will start the challenge now. I'll upload a starting photo in the next few days and I'll try to keep myself accountable.

Oh man I'm sorry that happened to you I pretty much started no trims in September since my last salon trip took 2 months of growth off me

Diana Prince
November 27th, 2022, 05:52 AM
Oh man I'm sorry that happened to you I pretty much started no trims in September since my last salon trip took 2 months of growth off me

I'm sorry about your experience, too :(. And good luck with no trimming! I know the urges are there, but I'd really like to see you with longer hair. I think it'll look badass.

paulownia
November 27th, 2022, 06:02 AM
Count me in!:D
I really need this, otherwise I'm too eager with scissors :p
Will probably trim around my birthday, the 5 January.

ArienEllariel
November 27th, 2022, 07:10 AM
Huh. I thought I'd signed up for this already. Weird. Anyways count me in!

Edit: removing myself from this challenge as I decided to do the full year instead.

rosenester
November 27th, 2022, 08:15 AM
I have been going back and forth whether to try this or not, I think I’ll inspect my hair and trim around the new year and then decide for sure! I realized I’ve been growing out my layers and those do fine waiting 6 months for a trim, so should the very lengths :hmm:

Jovana
November 27th, 2022, 08:58 AM
I will cut just the split ends.

Croww
November 27th, 2022, 02:04 PM
I'm in!!!!! Let's gooo

Bat
November 27th, 2022, 03:23 PM
Huh. I thought I'd signed up for this already. Weird. Anyways count me in!

you might have joined the whole year one? this is the first half

Bat
November 27th, 2022, 03:24 PM
I'm sorry about your experience, too :(. And good luck with no trimming! I know the urges are there, but I'd really like to see you with longer hair. I think it'll look badass.

i've managed to get it to brushing apl once so I know I CAN do it

Diana Prince
November 29th, 2022, 07:02 AM
I know I'm really early, but I'm trying to keep myself accountable so I already took my starting photo. I really dislike the cut, I've wanted a soft U cut and it's a really deep V, from the front it makes my hair look so short :(. It's also not well blended, I hate it.

I will not be touching scissors until the end of the challenge. Afterwards, I'm still unsure if I'll just trim 1-2 cm, if I'll trim all the length I'll be gaining these months or if I'll just chop it all off so I get rid of all of my layers. I'll be thinking about this in the meantime, but for now, I'll just keep it up so I don't have to see it.

https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=47965&d=1669730224

Edited to add: my hair was at 61cm when I took this photo

GoatLady
November 29th, 2022, 07:11 AM
I'm in! I plan on only trimming at New Years.

Bat
November 29th, 2022, 02:49 PM
I know I'm really early, but I'm trying to keep myself accountable so I already took my starting photo. I really dislike the cut, I've wanted a soft U cut and it's a really deep V, from the front it makes my hair look so short :(. It's also not well blended, I hate it.

I will not be touching scissors until the end of the challenge. Afterwards, I'm still unsure if I'll just trim 1-2 cm, if I'll trim all the length I'll be gaining these months or if I'll just chop it all off so I get rid of all of my layers. I'll be thinking about this in the meantime, but for now, I'll just keep it up so I don't have to see it.

https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=47965&d=1669730224

Good luck!

AuroreVesperale
December 2nd, 2022, 01:48 PM
I didn't succeed in the other "no trimming" challenge I was in, I really want to try again !

cherrymerry
December 5th, 2022, 10:29 AM
I really want to see if I can do this! :hmm: I'm in

Joyful Mystery
December 7th, 2022, 09:00 AM
Good luck to everyone who has joined! :cheer:

I expect to reach waist by March :happydance:

Ylva
December 7th, 2022, 11:42 AM
I doubt I will be having another haircut anymore before this challenge. Yesterday’s 5 cm off will do. So I’m all set!

Bat
December 11th, 2022, 05:19 PM
I was going to not do the challenges this year but I'm back to wanting to try again but it might change again, so I'm going to have one foot in here see how I go

LongLocke
December 11th, 2022, 05:28 PM
At least try for the first half

Kelp
December 11th, 2022, 05:41 PM
I'm so in! It's been about six months already and I haven't even thought of a trim since then.

I don't know how I'll bring it up to my mother when I see her - she's a retired hairdresser and loves trimming my hair but she also loves the care I've been putting into growing it :p

Bat
December 11th, 2022, 10:26 PM
At least try for the first half

I usually always give up in February xD

Tussi
December 12th, 2022, 07:44 AM
I suddenly realised that it's a year and a half since my last trim. And my hemline still looks fine, so ... I'm in!

prov31
December 12th, 2022, 04:27 PM
Hmmm thinking about joining this. Just got a trim at the beginning of December and am looking to keep my ends healthy, but this might be the push I need to see some length.

colormehappy
December 13th, 2022, 09:03 AM
Joining! I should hit MBL sometime in June, and I’ll decide then if I want to maintain there and microtrim to work on my hemline or keep on to waist. Hopefully no trimming will help me get through the drag of APL to MBL as quickly as possible.

Joyful Mystery
December 13th, 2022, 09:13 AM
I usually always give up in February xD

You mentioned getting a bandana in the Benign Neglect thread. Do it and give this challenge a try! ;)

bionicpaws
December 13th, 2022, 03:05 PM
I will be joining. My last trim was in september of this year so I think I should be fine. :)

cubancurlie
December 13th, 2022, 03:37 PM
I'm joining as well! My last trim was in early September and I really need to grow out my layers. This will be the longest I'll have ever gone without a trim, so definitely outside of my comfort zone. Hope this no-trim period is a big success for everyone!

Bat
December 13th, 2022, 05:57 PM
You mentioned getting a bandana in the Benign Neglect thread. Do it and give this challenge a try! ;)

I can always try right even if I don't succeed

BVU
December 13th, 2022, 06:05 PM
I don't trim but I'll join to feel included anyways :)

Dash_Strider
December 13th, 2022, 08:21 PM
I'm not sure if I'm in yet- but commenting to hopefully commit

Joyful Mystery
December 13th, 2022, 08:48 PM
I can always try right even if I don't succeed

Yep! Totally! Give it a whirl :)

QuietVixen
December 15th, 2022, 02:30 PM
I will be joining this challenge too! I have been too obsessed with trimming during the past months, so I need to give my hair a break. My last trim was today, so no more trims until the end of the challenge.

EggLover
December 15th, 2022, 02:54 PM
I AM joining!!! I'll never get long hair unless I can go on a trimming/cutting moratorium! 6+ months of no trimming will get me some decent length. Shoot maybe I could make it to a year!

I definitely have enough bond builders if I need to do treatments on the ends: K18, olaplex, Epres. I was all about styling and chemical coloring and needed those in the past. Now I'll have them, but hopefully will seldom need.

KnottyMama
December 16th, 2022, 11:14 AM
I'm in!! Cant wait for no trim!!

Angelica
December 16th, 2022, 12:22 PM
I'm in I made it almost to be one year without a trim. No more dye should mean I should be able to do it again for 23.

CorviNox
December 18th, 2022, 02:51 AM
Im in. I was planning on not cutting/trimming in 2023 so it will be good to share this with you all. I was so annoyed with my hair in July and did a DIY wolf cut. not too bad for doing it myself for the first time. But ultimately regretted doing it a few weeks later when i decided to put my hair on my priority list.

Thegingercrown
December 18th, 2022, 06:00 PM
I'm in for this. Not sure that I can commit to a full year, I think 6 months is more doable.

GoatLady
December 19th, 2022, 09:48 AM
So, do we post a beginning photo once we start?

Joyful Mystery
December 19th, 2022, 12:55 PM
So, do we post a beginning photo once we start?

You can if you like or you can just tell us your starting measurement, or both.

angel-baby
December 19th, 2022, 08:44 PM
Thinking of joining this!! I have a trim scheduled for January 8, then my stylist goes on maternity leave until June. The timing works out perfectly.
I'm a little worried that my fragile ends will be shattered if I don't trim for that long, even with protective styles. I'm leaning towards joining but I'm gonna think some more :p

Bat
December 19th, 2022, 10:23 PM
You could also join the no trims club you can make your own schedule then

Ylva
December 20th, 2022, 04:05 PM
Thinking of joining this!! I have a trim scheduled for January 8, then my stylist goes on maternity leave until June. The timing works out perfectly.
I'm a little worried that my fragile ends will be shattered if I don't trim for that long, even with protective styles. I'm leaning towards joining but I'm gonna think some more :p

It's also okay to just hang out here until you do trim. Who knows, you might surprise yourself and just forget all about the trimming!

InTheCity
December 20th, 2022, 06:10 PM
Oooh, I'm tempted to join! As I just vented on the APL to BSL thread - my hair tends to stall and thin at this length (22") and I think I must have been a little too heavy on haphazard self trims because I realize I was at 20" last December. Only +2 in a year! Waaaahhhh.

I might get a trim tomorrow if I can convince a salon to actually respect a small trim. (I have so few hairs at length that pro cutters always keep cutting when they see nothing on the ground. It's maddening! Haven't been to a salon since Oct 2020 when my request for trim to shoulders resulted in chin length hair.)

If I do feel confidant they'll actually stick to only cutting my ends, I'll let them and join this challenge.

InTheCity
December 23rd, 2022, 11:35 AM
I'm in! I'm in!

I went to a salon and they - gasp! - actually only trimmed a tiny bit. They flat ironed the heck out of it first, which I don't do for damage purposes, but it made my progress and measuring to start really easy.

https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=48177&d=1671820328

7up
December 23rd, 2022, 08:32 PM
Ok second time trying. I’m in because I have faith in my hair quality this time around it’s much better than last time. It’ll be the longest I’ve gone without trim so yay for challenge

Bugg
December 24th, 2022, 06:04 AM
I'm in! But just a query, I don't have to trim prior to this either right? My hairs in pretty decent condition so I'm happy to just leave it and let it groow, let it groooooowwwww (sorry, the season's got to me) :P

Bugg
December 24th, 2022, 06:07 AM
Starting length :)

https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=48183&d=1671887205

Stray_mind
December 24th, 2022, 08:07 AM
I'm in. My ends can survive another 6 months and then i will get a bigger trim.

Ylva
December 24th, 2022, 08:35 AM
Welcome, everyone!

I'm in! But just a query, I don't have to trim prior to this either right? My hairs in pretty decent condition so I'm happy to just leave it and let it groow, let it groooooowwwww (sorry, the season's got to me) :P

No, trimming prior to the challenge is not a requirement of any sort!

sipnsun
December 24th, 2022, 09:00 AM
Count me in, I made it through the second half of 2022 with no trims and I'm going to try for another 6 months!

lapushka
December 24th, 2022, 10:18 AM
I'm in! I'm in!

I went to a salon and they - gasp! - actually only trimmed a tiny bit. They flat ironed the heck out of it first, which I don't do for damage purposes, but it made my progress and measuring to start really easy.

https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=48177&d=1671820328

Nice & right on the 22 inch mark. Happy growing to you. :)

noodlehead
December 27th, 2022, 03:07 AM
I'll join (posting now for accountability reasons, will post photo and measurement on the 10th).
I don't understand why I have been a bit reluctant to join this challenge, but i figured it would be a good thing to step out of my comfort zone.
(Might join the whole year challenge at a later point)

lapushka
December 27th, 2022, 03:46 AM
I'll join (posting now for accountability reasons, will post photo and measurement on the 10th).
I don't understand why I have been a bit reluctant to join this challenge, but i figured it would be a good thing to step out of my comfort zone.
(Might join the whole year challenge at a later point)

Yay! Welcome. :)

Bluecardigan
December 29th, 2022, 04:27 AM
I will join!:D Last trim was in september, I will not trim before january 10th. I hope it's ok to post a starting picture (apologize if it's big).
https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=48207&d=1672312700

Bat
December 29th, 2022, 12:57 PM
I'm out of this one this year I'm maintaining the hemline while letting the rest grow.

Aerya
December 29th, 2022, 01:00 PM
I'm in! With no trims I should be at solid hip again by summer. Can't wait :)

pisinoe
December 30th, 2022, 01:02 PM
I asked my mom to measure my hair and I'm at 68cm! I'll be here with you all until summer arrives once more :)

lithostoic
December 30th, 2022, 02:55 PM
I've just realized I totally forgot to trim my hair! I'll do that in a few days when I wash next and that'll be the last trim til Summer :)

sea.chelle
December 31st, 2022, 01:32 PM
I'm tentatively joining. I looove to trim my ends especially because I'm growing out old damage but I think I can make to summer with just S&D. I'd definitely be to waist by then which would be amazing.

rozzi80
December 31st, 2022, 06:13 PM
I will join! I don't think I was planning a trim for a while anyway!

Bat
December 31st, 2022, 11:19 PM
I'm so fickle loool so I'm in again let's see if I can make it to march for a change z I usually give up in February

https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/892306370991390780/1058993003278118982/Screenshot_20230101-153028-644.png

BVU
January 1st, 2023, 07:32 AM
You got this homie!!!

GoatLady
January 1st, 2023, 08:35 AM
I'm really excited about the no-trim challenges this year. I need a quick trim and to receive my striped tunic for taking before and after photos.... and then I'll be ready to begin! :cheer:

pisinoe
January 1st, 2023, 09:07 AM
My starting pic! Mom measured it at 68cm. I hope to be at 80cm by the end of this challenge!

https://i.imgur.com/RAl5OAE.jpeg

lapushka
January 1st, 2023, 09:15 AM
I can do this! :)

colormehappy
January 1st, 2023, 10:36 AM
My current length is 24.5" and current ponytail circumference is 2.75". I'm challenging myself to not measure at all until July, and I'm really hopeful that I'll be able to gain a little bit of my lost volume back in that time.

prov31
January 1st, 2023, 03:20 PM
Excited to start this but also nervous that my ends will be ruined by June. Any other newbies to the no trimming group? I'm trying to take all the precautions I can think of to keep my ends healthy haha.

colormehappy
January 1st, 2023, 05:17 PM
Excited to start this but also nervous that my ends will be ruined by June. Any other newbies to the no trimming group? I'm trying to take all the precautions I can think of to keep my ends healthy haha.

This is my first time doing a no trim challenge. I plan to oil my ends every day with my hair's favorite oil (argan) and wear it up most days in the one bun I can do at this length. Otherwise I'm not going to worry too much about my ends because I plan on microtrimming for the second half of the year, which will probably take care of any damage.

InTheCity
January 1st, 2023, 06:07 PM

I'm new to it too and I'm starting off at a length that I always get damage at so I'm pretty much assuming my ends will be wrecked by then. But I need this if I want to make any progress. It has been over 2 years since a butcher heard me say "shoulder" and decided that meant chin.

Jools69
January 2nd, 2023, 04:43 AM
I’ve been dithering whether I should join another no-trimming challenge or not. I’ve noticed my ends start to become knotty after 4/5 months of not trimming, which is usually a sign to trim. After finishing the last challenge, my ends have thinned out and the hemline is sparse and uneven. So, I’ll tentatively join this challenge and see how it goes.

Now at 34 inches after trimming 2 inches off today. Hopefully, by oiling my ends more often and wearing more protective styles will prevent it becoming ‘knotty’.

https://i.imgur.com/iJIlbhJ.jpg

AmeerahKhanNot
January 3rd, 2023, 01:18 PM
I haven't trimmed since around July and my ends still look decent I think, so I think I'll actually join this challenge, maybe i'll be close to classic by the end of the year

Stagecoach
January 3rd, 2023, 02:15 PM
I will join! Last trim was last week and I am at 38"

almin
January 3rd, 2023, 05:10 PM
Joining this! Currently at hip, half a year of no scissors will put me closer to my goal of TBL!

hennielocks
January 3rd, 2023, 05:41 PM
I'm in! hadn't been trimming anyway for like a year and just did it recently just to get rid of some of the end tips, so this is perfect. Been 'stuck' at midback/ boob length for a while now. shoulder length jan 2020 and haven't been cutting since (was sorta a pandemic self challenge but then decided to continue). goal is waist length but i seem to have 'plateau'd'...we'll see how this year goes, i've changed up some of my routine/hair care so i'll see if it makes a diff.

Bri-Chan
January 3rd, 2023, 06:08 PM
I suddenly decided to join.

noodlehead
January 5th, 2023, 02:00 AM
Since i won't trim in the following days, I figured I might as well post my photo. My index finger points to the bottom of my bra strap, which is my next milestone and the point at which I will trim again:

https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=48257&d=1672907334

Bugg
January 5th, 2023, 08:56 AM
Good luck everyone!

Bat I'm loving the pink! :D

Can't wait to see everyone's progress!!

Bat
January 5th, 2023, 06:52 PM
Good luck everyone!

Bat I'm loving the pink! :D

Can't wait to see everyone's progress!!

Thank you!

Stray_mind
January 6th, 2023, 02:48 AM
My last trim was last year's January. I am gonna keep growing until summer and then we'll see. I have a lot of layers now and my front is much longer than then back, but i can put my hair up to not see it, so all is good.

ReadingRenee
January 6th, 2023, 11:43 AM
I think I will join this one. I tried last year microtrimming every couple of months but I didn't do a good job trimming small enough amounts. And I ended up with shorter hair than if I had grown without trimming and then had a big trim. So I will do one last trim if needed this weekend and then no more trims until July.

paulownia
January 7th, 2023, 02:48 AM
I trimmed half centimeter today and I'm ready for the challenge ;)
My starting picture
https://i.postimg.cc/L6JPq4Yh/20230107-104202.jpg (https://postimages.org/)

Ylva
January 7th, 2023, 03:33 AM
Just reminding everyone that if you want to participate in the challenge and are planning to trim you hair, you must do it on the 10th (Tuesday) latest! Other than that, welcome, everyone, and happy growing! :)

lapushka
January 7th, 2023, 12:08 PM
I think I thought I might. LOL I'm unsure at this point. My hair grows like a weed, but I might want to "beef" it up some, see if my thickness catches up; we'll see.

ailish
January 7th, 2023, 04:22 PM
Going to join this one - hopefully will get a curtain fringe put back in on Monday and then that's me till summer ! :)

angel-baby
January 8th, 2023, 03:38 PM
Okay, I'm joining you all! Just got a trim this morning, and my hairdresser said that if I continue taking care of my hair the way I've been doing, it should last until she comes back from maternity leave in June. I think I'll be okay with just occasional S&D until then :)

Bat
January 10th, 2023, 02:49 AM
Trimming cut off ( hurhur) is here, though I'm reserving the right to 'maintain' my bangs if it needs it, it's quite damaged.

noodlehead
January 10th, 2023, 06:02 AM
My starting measurement: 54 cm (21.3 inches). Happy non-trimming everyone!!

LongLocke
January 10th, 2023, 07:36 AM
Starting in at 29”. By the end of June, I should be at 32” barring anything funky

Aunt Rapunzel
January 10th, 2023, 11:42 AM
Joining in this round! Last year I trimmed 4 times with a total of 3" being cut away. This year, I want to see how little I can get away with and still be happy with my hair. Starting out at 33.5" (about 85 cm) We'll see where I land at the end of June! Happy growing!

Ha! I forgot to add that it took a while to be able to post a length, because my cat had stolen my measuring tape. :-D
I had to track it down.

Ylva
January 11th, 2023, 04:13 AM
Here we go! Good luck, everyone!

Bat
January 11th, 2023, 04:23 AM
Onwards and downwards!

LongLocke
January 11th, 2023, 07:11 AM
Onwards and downwards!

Or upwards depending on how bad the cowlicks are!

I’m hoping i can hit waist curled up by mix-year.

Diana Prince
January 11th, 2023, 11:47 AM
I'm determined to finish this challenge. It would also be the longest time of not trimming since I've joined this forum :D. Good luck everyone!!

Bat
January 11th, 2023, 04:33 PM
Or upwards depending on how bad the cowlicks are!

I’m hoping i can hit waist curled up by mix-year.
Outwards relate to me haha my hair grows in a puff ball way before growing down

LongLocke
January 11th, 2023, 05:13 PM
Outwards relate to me haha my hair grows in a puff ball way before growing down

I feel this as i had a fro for about 4-6 months

Bat
January 11th, 2023, 06:43 PM
I have to try and ignore that when it happens again 🤣

lithostoic
January 12th, 2023, 07:21 PM
I worked 6 days last week and I've been sick and I just realized I missed the cutoff for trimming my hair for this challenge -facepalm- Good luck everyone!

Bat
January 12th, 2023, 11:20 PM
I worked 6 days last week and I've been sick and I just realized I missed the cutoff for trimming my hair for this challenge -facepalm- Good luck everyone!

Atleast there is the no trim club!

Aunt Rapunzel
January 21st, 2023, 09:13 PM
Three weeks in and I'm staying strong! :) I trimmed pretty regularly last year, so I'm really happy that I haven't trimmed yet this year!

Bat
January 21st, 2023, 10:39 PM
I'm doing pretty well also but for me it's usually mid Feb that I get cutting urges, getting to march 1st is my first goal.

Aerya
January 22nd, 2023, 03:11 AM
I'm doing pretty well also but for me it's usually mid Feb that I get cutting urges, getting to march 1st is my first goal.

You can do this, Bat! Maybe schedule some other "change" around that time to divert that urge to something else?

I should be at hip by summer, and that's my main motivation for sticking it out. Feels like I've been at waist for-ev-er. :)

GoatLady
January 22nd, 2023, 07:20 AM
Just peeking in to see how everyone's doing. I'm doing great and think this will be a piece of cake. :agree:

pisinoe
January 22nd, 2023, 08:08 AM
Same. So far so good. Very glad I got rid of my layers, I'm much more at peace with my hair now!

Bat
January 22nd, 2023, 06:13 PM
You can do this, Bat! Maybe schedule some other "change" around that time to divert that urge to something else?

I should be at hip by summer, and that's my main motivation for sticking it out. Feels like I've been at waist for-ev-er. :)

Since I still have bangs I'll be using them for cutting urges when I get them

Aerya
January 23rd, 2023, 01:17 AM
Since I still have bangs I'll be using them for cutting urges when I get them

Sounds like a good plan! :)

Bat
January 23rd, 2023, 02:03 AM
Sounds like a good plan! :) yep! I do plan to grow them out too but I'll sacrifice them for the greater good lmao

Aerya
January 23rd, 2023, 02:33 AM
yep! I do plan to grow them out too but I'll sacrifice them for the greater good lmao

One thing at the time! It's probably a good idea to have one thing about your hair where you can indulge in those impulses. A sacrificial fringe. :D It's actually fascinating how addicting cutting and coloring hair can be - you'd think it was much easier to break those habits.

Bat
January 23rd, 2023, 06:07 AM
One thing at the time! It's probably a good idea to have one thing about your hair where you can indulge in those impulses. A sacrificial fringe. :D It's actually fascinating how addicting cutting and coloring hair can be - you'd think it was much easier to break those habits.

Yeah it much harder than I expected to do nothing some times xD

Aerya
January 23rd, 2023, 06:23 AM
Yeah it much harder than I expected to do nothing some times xD

I knoooow! I wish I could just will my hair to grow faster, like... :whip: I would be much better at that than leaving it alone. Patience? I don't know her. :lol:

Stray_mind
January 23rd, 2023, 07:54 AM
I'm out! I modeled for a small filming session at the hair stylists' class and they trimmed my ends a bit. I'll return for the next half.

Bat
January 23rd, 2023, 04:38 PM
I knoooow! I wish I could just will my hair to grow faster, like... :whip: I would be much better at that than leaving it alone. Patience? I don't know her. :lol:

I dunno what that word even is! Haha if only magic potions are real

colormehappy
January 23rd, 2023, 06:02 PM
My taper is really bad, which has me worried about how see-through my ends are going to be in the next month or two, but this month has been okay. I really need to make it to MBL (hopefully July) before trimming because at APL I still have the urge to cut it all off and go back to above shoulder, and I don't trust myself with scissors right now.

GoatLady
January 24th, 2023, 05:15 PM
I think I'm onto a good routine. I've been having very little hair fall in the shower the last few times. :joy:

constancev18
January 25th, 2023, 07:06 PM
Was tempted to trim a bit but resisted.

GoatLady
January 26th, 2023, 08:00 AM
I can't really identify with those of you who frequently have the urge to trim. I am just the opposite. I gave myself a self-trim at the new year and have had trim regret ever since. I used Faye's method (never agin). It wasn't a horrble trim by any means but it IS a bit uneven and I agonize about it. Wish I'd just left it alone. :-(

cherrymerry
January 26th, 2023, 11:55 AM
I'm also still in though fighting the urge to cut my hair to get rid of all the layers and last bits of hair dye. It would set me back a year and a half though so I'm resisting for now

GoatLady
January 26th, 2023, 04:49 PM
I'm also still in though fighting the urge to cut my hair to get rid of all the layers and last bits of hair dye. It would set me back a year and a half though so I'm resisting for now

Don't worry too much about the layers at this point. I was surprised at how different my hair grew at different points on my head. I started with a chin length bob where the back of my neck was shaved. 2 years later the nape hair was way longer than the rest. Go figure.

Bat
January 27th, 2023, 11:04 PM
I think I'm going to have a better time of no trims this year now that a perfectly blunt hemline and getting rid of layers isn't important to me as it used to be

Of course I could get it with bleach but progress!

cherrymerry
January 29th, 2023, 07:18 AM
Don't worry too much about the layers at this point. I was surprised at how different my hair grew at different points on my head. I started with a chin length bob where the back of my neck was shaved. 2 years later the nape hair was way longer than the rest. Go figure.

You're right, there is no telling how it'll grow lol. I did an olaplex treatment after posting this and it really did wonders for the feel of my hair so I'm calm again, for now. :couch:

Thegingercrown
January 29th, 2023, 02:31 PM
I've the urge to trim. We've been invited to a wedding in April and I'd like to neaten my ends before we go. I've told my partner he's to stop me if I try and book an appointment to get a trim, not brave enough to cut it myself and he's already said he won't trim my hair until July at the earliest.

Bat
January 29th, 2023, 04:30 PM
First month is done and dusted gave my fringe a maintenance trim I might be let it grow out now though

Aerya
January 30th, 2023, 05:34 AM
I've the urge to trim. We've been invited to a wedding in April and I'd like to neaten my ends before we go. I've told my partner he's to stop me if I try and book an appointment to get a trim, not brave enough to cut it myself and he's already said he won't trim my hair until July at the earliest.

If the urge gets really bad, maybe you could do an updo for the wedding to take your mind off of your ends? :)

--

One month in, y'all! :cheer:

pisinoe
January 30th, 2023, 07:26 AM
First month done basically, no urge to cut yet because I'm really happy with my ends! Whenever I get bored I just wash other people cutting their hair's on youtube... More than enough satisfaction!

lapushka
January 30th, 2023, 07:36 AM
I think I'm onto a good routine. I've been having very little hair fall in the shower the last few times. :joy:

Ditto. I think finally the breakage has stopped. I was having breakage due to overly tight bunning, and lost so much hair (3 palms full). Now that I cut my hair there's barely any. And yes, even taking into account the length of the hairs. I think I lost 75% less than before. I mean, thank goodness there's a way to restore my hair. Phew, man!

Ada-banana
January 30th, 2023, 08:05 AM
I'm going to buy scissors today and trim my hair a bit. And my fringe. Will post if I did it.

Ada-banana
January 30th, 2023, 02:06 PM
I did it! So I'm out. And I'm really happy with it too. I've cut 5 cm - an inch off. It was needed, my hemline is thick again and my ends feel lovely. I've lost 4 months of growth I think, but I don't regret it.

FEye's trimming method worked wonders. so happy that I could do it myself.

ArienEllariel
January 30th, 2023, 02:48 PM
I did it! So I'm out. And I'm really happy with it too. I've cut 5 cm - an inch off. It was needed, my hemline is thick again and my ends feel lovely. I've lost 4 months of growth I think, but I don't regret it.

Oh, fantastic! I love her trimming method myself. It's super simple and I don't have to wet my hair to do it. :)

Bat
January 30th, 2023, 03:48 PM

Congratulations! Sometimes you have to sacrifice a little to feel better about your hair
You can also join the no trimming club too if you want to :D

QuietVixen
January 30th, 2023, 05:35 PM
I am glad I got through the first month of the no trimming challenge. My hair hemline still looks decently blunt and I might only have 2-3 months left to reach hip length.
I hope everyone else has had a wonderful first month of the challenge!

elfynity
January 31st, 2023, 06:52 AM
Can I join this if I do S&D only?

Ylva
January 31st, 2023, 06:53 AM
Can I join this if I do S&D only?

Yes, S&D is allowed.

Ada-banana
January 31st, 2023, 08:16 AM
Oh, fantastic! I love her trimming method myself. It's super simple and I don't have to wet my hair to do it. :)

Thank you! Yes, I did wet my hair because I have to many curls without wet hair, it makes it hard to make it even. And Yess, so simple! I feel so self sufficient now!

Congratulations! Sometimes you have to sacrifice a little to feel better about your hair
You can also join the no trimming club too if you want to :D
Ohh thank you! Yes I do, now I feel proud again :-) my bangs are lovely as well.

Maybe I will do that, but I want to trim when it's necessary in the future. My ends are less snaggy now, i think it's better for the hair shaft to trim when I have too much breakage.

elfynity
January 31st, 2023, 08:22 AM
Yes, S&D is allowed.

Thank you Ylva, I am joining this group.

colormehappy
January 31st, 2023, 10:50 AM
My goal was not to measure until the end of the challenge, but since I’ve been wanting to trim I decided to measure as encouragement, and I’m now at 25”, which is 0.5” of growth for the month. It got rid of the trimming urge since now I don’t want to cut off my progress!

QuietVixen
January 31st, 2023, 11:27 AM
My goal was not to measure until the end of the challenge, but since I’ve been wanting to trim I decided to measure as encouragement, and I’m now at 25”, which is 0.5” of growth for the month. It got rid of the trimming urge since now I don’t want to cut off my progress!

Colormehappy, great job at removing your urge! I hope your hair keeps growing nicely throughout the challenge.

elfynity
January 31st, 2023, 02:42 PM

Oh, I didn't realise we were measuring too, but I think that is a great idea! I'll do a measure tomorrow and post it.

prov31
January 31st, 2023, 03:08 PM
Happy to have gotten through month one with semi-healthy hemline! Haven't noticed any splits or reasons to S&D yet.

Thegingercrown
January 31st, 2023, 04:41 PM
If the urge gets really bad, maybe you could do an updo for the wedding to take your mind off of your ends? :)

--

One month in, y'all! :cheer:

I've been thinking I would do an updo. I'm currently trying to tie my hair up everyday for at least a month so that the urge to trim goes. So far it's working. It's also saving my scalp from grabby baby hands :D

Bat
January 31st, 2023, 06:11 PM
Can I join this if I do S&D only? if your last trim was on or before the 10th of Jan then yuppers

GoatLady
January 31st, 2023, 10:25 PM
One month down! :disco:

noodlehead
February 1st, 2023, 03:19 AM
I measured today, but didn't see much progress (about 1/2 cm, which is 1/4 inch?). I measure unstretched, because my goal length is waist unstretched. However, that means that my measurements can vary depending on the amount of curl my hair has on any given day. :shrug:

I was not tempted to trim this month, my guess is that I'll have a much harder time in april/may.

elfynity
February 1st, 2023, 04:03 AM
if your last trim was on or before the 10th of Jan then yuppers

Great, my last trim was in September, thanks!

colormehappy
February 12th, 2023, 09:46 AM
Bowing out of this thread. I had to do a small trim to stop my ends from constantly tangling. Good luck everyone!

Diana Prince
February 12th, 2023, 10:53 AM
I've done a bit of S&D yesterday and, surprisingly, my hair had almost no split ends. There is a small area with a few split ends (that's where thinning shears were used and I am sure that's what made my hair split, because the scissors weren't sharp enough). Anyway, it really isn't noticeable and I'll be doing S&D sessions whenever I think I need one, so I can finish the challenge.

Also, a few aquaintances have complimented me for my 'long' hair. I was pleasantly surprised and I thanked them, and they were equally surprised when I told them it's actually quite short. They don't really understand why I'm not satisfied with the length, since BSL is the standard length for long hair around here.

WednesdayAddams
February 12th, 2023, 11:22 AM
I think I'm going to jump on!

Jools69
February 12th, 2023, 02:33 PM
I've done a bit of S&D yesterday and, surprisingly, my hair had almost no split ends. There is a small area with a few split ends (that's where thinning shears were used and I am sure that's what made my hair split, because the scissors weren't sharp enough). Anyway, it really isn't noticeable and I'll be doing S&D sessions whenever I think I need one, so I can finish the challenge.

Also, a few aquaintances have complimented me for my 'long' hair. I was pleasantly surprised and I thanked them, and they were equally surprised when I told them it's actually quite short. They don't really understand why I'm not satisfied with the length, since BSL is the standard length for long hair around here.

I’ve just done some S & D today and amazed how little splits I had, too. Those that I found, were very small or just white ‘dots’. Surprisingly, since I blow dry my hair at least once a week and don’t bun very often, but wear mostly ponies.

BVU
February 12th, 2023, 04:18 PM
Resisting trimming (or cutting) my hair off. I have lost 0.4" of thickness in the past month. I don't know how much longer I can take it :sad

WednesdayAddams
February 12th, 2023, 05:17 PM
Resisting trimming (or cutting) my hair off. I have lost 0.4" of thickness in the past month. I don't know how much longer I can take it :sad

Oh no...do you have any idea why?

BVU
February 12th, 2023, 05:26 PM
Oh no...do you have any idea why?

Yup. My jaw locks shut for weeks (often over a month), and I can't eat during that time. I'm going to get an NG tube on thursday, so hopefully my shedding will slow down. I would like my jaw to unlock so I can eat the things I'm craving (probably from lack of vitamins tbh) but it does what it wants.

WednesdayAddams
February 12th, 2023, 09:11 PM
Yup. My jaw locks shut for weeks (often over a month), and I can't eat during that time. I'm going to get an NG tube on thursday, so hopefully my shedding will slow down. I would like my jaw to unlock so I can eat the things I'm craving (probably from lack of vitamins tbh) but it does what it wants.

I will be thinking of you. Oh my gosh.

Thegingercrown
February 15th, 2023, 04:56 PM

Oh that sounds awful, hopefully your shedding slows down soon and your jaw unlocks. NG tubes aren't very to have placed - my little boy has one and he screams the house down when I have to place it, though the crying actually helps get it placed even if its heart breaking to hear.

I've been thinking I would do an updo. I'm currently trying to tie my hair up everyday for at least a month so that the urge to trim goes. So far it's working. It's also saving my scalp from grabby baby hands :D

The wearing my hair up has definitely helped. The urge to trim has gone. Though I have also booked my trim for July, I say booked but I have just put it in my partner's calendar to remind him I want him to trim it.

InTheCity
February 15th, 2023, 05:02 PM
I'm still here. I don't necessarily have an "urge" to trim but rather know that my hair doesn't really survive beyond this point. My ends are sparse, "see-through", and tangle easy. I still plan not to do anything other than S&D (which I rarely ever get around to) through the end of this challenge. Then I'll go for an actual trim from a salon that proved in December they can listen and see if I can any hem thickness at a medium length or am doomed to never have hair longer than APL.

cherrymerry
February 16th, 2023, 05:05 AM
My desire for fresh ends won. I've made an haircut appointment for monday, and so I am out. But I'm not discouraged since my last cut was in june. Clearly I can keep the scissors away for a good amount of time.

Good luck to you all!!

Tussi
February 21st, 2023, 05:17 AM
I'm still in. The last weeks I've felt the scissor urge, my ends were terribly dry and tangly. But things are really looking up after a round of clafying shampoo followed by some thorough S&D. Even thoug the hemline is uneven it doesn't matter that much, I keep it up outside the house anyway.
I think I'll make it at least until april. Good growth to everyone!

Bri-Chan
February 22nd, 2023, 01:30 PM
I'm 99% sure I'll trim/cut next week. My last trim was on the first week of July.

ReadingRenee
February 22nd, 2023, 02:09 PM
I'm still here. I trimmed on Jan 7th and I haven't trimmed again. My plan is to make it to July and see where Im at.

Ylva
February 22nd, 2023, 11:46 PM
I'm 99% sure I'll trim/cut next week. My last trim was on the first week of July.

How much are you going to take off? Did you settle on that 5 cm at a time plan?

Bri-Chan
February 23rd, 2023, 08:40 AM
How much are you going to take off? Did you settle on that 5 cm at a time plan?

I don't know. I think I'll try to cut those 5 cm first and then I'll decide at the moment.
And you? Do you still want to cut soon?

Ylva
February 24th, 2023, 03:21 AM
I don't know. I think I'll try to cut those 5 cm first and then I'll decide at the moment.
And you? Do you still want to cut soon?

That sounds good.

I am trying to first and foremost hang in there until St. Patrick's Day. If I make it beyond that, I will try to make it until late summer when all the music and medieval events are over. For a moment, I was already sure I would cut my hair in late March but then I came to think of wanting to still have "special" hair at those summer events... Sigh.

At least I have consistently felt like I want to have a big chop for all of this year - save for a dream last night where I held out my hair and it was super long (longer than it is in reality) and I thought to myself I didn't want to cut it after all. Now that I am awake, I am again thinking I want to cut it. :D

Bri-Chan
February 25th, 2023, 01:55 AM
That sounds good.

I am trying to first and foremost hang in there until St. Patrick's Day. If I make it beyond that, I will try to make it until late summer when all the music and medieval events are over. For a moment, I was already sure I would cut my hair in late March but then I came to think of wanting to still have "special" hair at those summer events... Sigh.

At least I have consistently felt like I want to have a big chop for all of this year - save for a dream last night where I held out my hair and it was super long (longer than it is in reality) and I thought to myself I didn't want to cut it after all. Now that I am awake, I am again thinking I want to cut it. :D

Fine to see you are mentally ready. The positive aspect of waiting some months more is that you'll cut more bleach. I imagine you'll gain at least 6 cm from the end of March to the end of the summer.

Oh, I'm clearly out of this challenge.

Ylva
February 25th, 2023, 12:24 PM
Fine to see you are mentally ready. The positive aspect of waiting some months more is that you'll cut more bleach. I imagine you'll gain at least 6 cm from the end of March to the end of the summer.

Oh, I'm clearly out of this challenge.

I think my biggest worry for the time being is causing breakage in my natural section because of tangles in the bleached hair.

I see you did your cut. Do you feel it made a difference this time round?

Bri-Chan
February 26th, 2023, 04:16 AM
I think my biggest worry for the time being is causing breakage in my natural section because of tangles in the bleached hair.

I see you did your cut. Do you feel it made a difference this time round?

I think it's the second time in 3 years that I see a true improvement after a cut/trim. And the first time I cut 6 cm more or less, one year ago.

Do you plan to cut back to hip? I understand the tangles. On me the most problematic area in that sense it's where unbleached and bleached hair meet, probably because the bleached hair is at its thickest.

Ylva
February 26th, 2023, 06:32 PM
I think it's the second time in 3 years that I see a true improvement after a cut/trim. And the first time I cut 6 cm more or less, one year ago.

Do you plan to cut back to hip? I understand the tangles. On me the most problematic area in that sense it's where unbleached and bleached hair meet, probably because the bleached hair is at its thickest.

I'm glad, that's great to hear!

Yes, I think I will cut back to hip, or just a bit longer than that, maybe halfway between hip and BCL. That will get rid of the absolute majority of my bleach, especially if I hang in there until late summer.

I had my hair around that length for many years before joining the LHC and always enjoyed that length!

MusicalSpoons
February 26th, 2023, 07:01 PM
Y'know, I didn't know what I wanted to do with my hair this year but my default state is to do nothing. We're already in February, by the time I get to do a full wash again it'll be March (hopefully no later than that though :?) and that's halfway through the challenge. My last measurement was 70" and I like the thought of maybe getting to 72" if my ends don't make me want to throw them out of an airlock. That might be doable for the end of June. And my sister isn't coming back until after that anyway, to ask her to cut my hair, so joining the thread makes sense. So a belated hello :waving:

Oh my goodness! How long was your jaw locked before you could get an NG tube? I really hope it helps, from the chronic illness community I know that adequate nutrition is not something to be taken for granted. :grouphug: if you want it

That sounds good.

This is how I feel about chopping back once I'm done growing. It almost actually helps me keep going because I know the option is there whenever the time feels right, I'm not stressed about length any more and just letting it do its thing - I have an 'exit' from my ends ready whenever I need it.

BVU
February 26th, 2023, 07:41 PM
Hope you reach floor by June/July, Spoons (And no horrible knots of doom this time shudder: ) Seeing that this is Merica' I have to wait until 30 days in until I can get an NG tube... although this sounds illegal, it is very legal, but that's American healthcare for you. To make matters worse I have only grown .2 inches in a month and a half, AND my fibro has started flaring up! I cannot catch a break! :grouphug:

Bat
February 26th, 2023, 09:25 PM
Hope you reach floor by June/July, Spoons (And no horrible knots of doom this time shudder: ) Seeing that this is Merica' I have to wait until 30 days in until I can get an NG tube... although this sounds illegal, it is very legal, but that's American healthcare for you. To make matters worse I have only grown .2 inches in a month and a half, AND my fibro has started flaring up! I cannot catch a break! :grouphug:

Wtf oh no how are you eating/drinking? And does your jaw lock open or closed like have you has fluids that you can take?

BVU
February 26th, 2023, 09:51 PM
Wtf oh no how are you eating/drinking? And does your jaw lock open or closed like have you has fluids that you can take?

It has locked completely open (Absolutly horrible, would not wish upon anyone) I drink through a straw when it locks, but I am yet to find a drink other than milk and water that doesn't make me throw up while its locked (also a horrible feeling I would not wish upon anyone) even my amazing smoothies :(. I do mix honey with milk so i get quite a few vitamins with it, but I have to constantly drink milk, which can be a problem if I forget. There's been a few times my dumb self has not drank any milk for days on end, and at that point it's important to mention that my body has a very hard time feeling hungry or thirsty, part of one of my conditions, which can be dangerous when you're already low on vitamins. NG tubes are tubes that go up your nose and feed into your stomach, they stuck, but I need protein. I need to keep lurking around the no cutting/trimming threads so I don't do anything dumb this year lol

Bat
February 26th, 2023, 11:29 PM
It has locked completely open (Absolutly horrible, would not wish upon anyone) I drink through a straw when it locks, but I am yet to find a drink other than milk and water that doesn't make me throw up while its locked (also a horrible feeling I would not wish upon anyone) even my amazing smoothies :(. I do mix honey with milk so i get quite a few vitamins with it, but I have to constantly drink milk, which can be a problem if I forget. There's been a few times my dumb self has not drank any milk for days on end, and at that point it's important to mention that my body has a very hard time feeling hungry or thirsty, part of one of my conditions, which can be dangerous when you're already low on vitamins. NG tubes are tubes that go up your nose and feed into your stomach, they stuck, but I need protein. I need to keep lurking around the no cutting/trimming threads so I don't do anything dumb this year lol

Ack that's awful D: I hope you won't have it like that for long :(

MusicalSpoons
February 27th, 2023, 08:34 AM

Thank you :o :flower:

ARGH that's awful!! I'm so sorry they make you go through that - glad to read you are able to intake something but with an established history, having to wait that long is ludicrous. (Though as we both know, medical systems can be the absolute worst for chronic conditions - it being the norm doesn't make it any easier to go through of course.)
I really hope you start feeling better very soon with some nutrition in your poor body :grouphug:

GoatLady
February 28th, 2023, 10:51 PM
I made it through Feb. On to March! :happydance:

paulownia
March 1st, 2023, 10:47 AM
Two months have passed :D
I share my progress . I think I gained some length ;)
Pictures from the 7 of January and today.
https://i.postimg.cc/TY3f8mW4/20230301-183806.jpg (https://postimages.org/)

BVU
March 1st, 2023, 10:55 AM

You for sure gained length! Can't wait to see it after the challenge is over :popcorn:

Ylva
March 1st, 2023, 11:08 AM
Y'know, I didn't know what I wanted to do with my hair this year but my default state is to do nothing. We're already in February, by the time I get to do a full wash again it'll be March (hopefully no later than that though :?) and that's halfway through the challenge. My last measurement was 70" and I like the thought of maybe getting to 72" if my ends don't make me want to throw them out of an airlock. That might be doable for the end of June. And my sister isn't coming back until after that anyway, to ask her to cut my hair, so joining the thread makes sense. So a belated hello :waving:

This is how I feel about chopping back once I'm done growing. It almost actually helps me keep going because I know the option is there whenever the time feels right, I'm not stressed about length any more and just letting it do its thing - I have an 'exit' from my ends ready whenever I need it.

Welcome here, Spoons! And congrats on reaching floor - saw in another thread!

That’s true. I’d been headed in that direction for a good while already since reaching fingertip. I just haven’t much cared what length my hair is: I noticed I had reached mid-thigh when I was already well on my way to knee, and I’ve not checked my length after my last trim and it’s been three months since then. In a month or so I should already have grown back the length I lost in that trim, but that doesn’t matter. It’s just good to have more virgin hair coming in!

Ylva
March 1st, 2023, 11:09 AM

That’s absolutely awful, I’m so sorry to hear.

The length gain is very visible indeed!

QuietVixen
March 1st, 2023, 08:36 PM
Happy 3rd month everybody! Congratulations for completing February's portion of the no trimming challenge. :happydance:
As for me, my hair is still growing strong.

Joliebaby
March 2nd, 2023, 04:07 AM
I'm hopping in here. I haven't trimmed in over two years, I don't remember exactly when the last time was.. Two years ago my hair was barely collarbone, now it is 33" or waist when stretched.
I just did a s&d on any split ends but I plan to continue a while longer without trimming. My ends are thinner from a terrible shed I had in 2020 but I don't mind. Maybe when I can have a trim and my hair still LOOKS waist length in it's wavy state, I will have a trim. I think I have a couple of inches to go before my hair looks like waist, and then I will grow an inch or two more until my first trim. Or maybe I will go longer, depending on how the ends look and feel.

MusicalSpoons
March 2nd, 2023, 11:02 AM
Welcome here, Spoons! And congrats on reaching floor - saw in another thread!

That’s true. I’d been headed in that direction for a good while already since reaching fingertip. I just haven’t much cared what length my hair is: I noticed I had reached mid-thigh when I was already well on my way to knee, and I’ve not checked my length after my last trim and it’s been three months since then. In a month or so I should already have grown back the length I lost in that trim, but that doesn’t matter. It’s just good to have more virgin hair coming in!

Thank you, though I'm waiting until it's there dry to call it :o

It is nice to get to the stage of not caring too much about length, it's liberating in a way isn't it! How long is your virgin hair now?

elfynity
March 2nd, 2023, 12:26 PM
Wow paulownia, there is a visible increase in length and volume of your hair in just a 2 month time span, it is really exciting to see. I can't wait to see how you progress from here!

paulownia
March 2nd, 2023, 11:30 PM
The length gain is very visible indeed!
Good to hear :D

Wow paulownia, there is a visible increase in length and volume of your hair in just a 2 month time span, it is really exciting to see. I can't wait to see how you progress from here!
Thanks :D I'm looking forward to the end of June. I should easily be at MBL by the end of the challenge.

Ylva
March 3rd, 2023, 04:58 AM
Thank you, though I'm waiting until it's there dry to call it :o

It is nice to get to the stage of not caring too much about length, it's liberating in a way isn't it! How long is your virgin hair now?

Fair enough! :)

Very liberating indeed! I think the nape (aka the furthest-reaching) layer of my virgin hair might be somewhere close to my waist now. I'm not entirely sure though; it's only an estimate based on where it reaches visibly on the top layer. The distance from waist to hip is not long on my body, which is why I am counting on being able to have predominantly virgin hair at hip if I cut it in late summer. :)

Jess9891
March 3rd, 2023, 02:25 PM
Hope it's not too late to join. My last trim was September 24. My goal was to go at least 6 months, but I think I can hang on a few months longer. I hate the damage and layers, but I would love to gain a bit more length first.
Starting length in September was approximately 23 inches. Here is a picture from last week.
https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/52723986721_8860f59d28_c.jpg

QuietVixen
March 3rd, 2023, 02:36 PM
Jess9891, your hair is absolutely breathtakingly magnificent!
Good luck on the no trimming challenge!

Jess9891
March 4th, 2023, 06:18 PM
Jess9891, your hair is absolutely breathtakingly magnificent!
Good luck on the no trimming challenge!

Thanks! Maybe I'll look for a new pair of scissors in the meantime. The ones I have now are pretty old and I know I've used them for cutting things other than hair before.

pisinoe
March 6th, 2023, 12:08 PM
So far so good, going strong and focusing on gaining length :-))

Ylva
March 7th, 2023, 05:43 AM
So far yes but not necessarily that good here. :D Just last night I felt so sick of my bleached hair again. I made the mistake of going three days between washes (out of laziness), and since I will only brush my hair before washing, it was terribly tangled and it felt like whenever I as much as moved my hair, new tangles were born.

Well, my first goal was to make it to St. Patrick’s Day without chopping off the bleach, and that’s coming up later this month… Then, the next goal will be to make it to the end of this challenge, and then to the end of August. After that: feel free to go to town whenever!

paulownia
March 8th, 2023, 12:58 AM
So far yes but not necessarily that good here. :D Just last night I felt so sick of my bleached hair again. I made the mistake of going three days between washes (out of laziness), and since I will only brush my hair before washing, it was terribly tangled and it felt like whenever I as much as moved my hair, new tangles were born.

Well, my first goal was to make it to St. Patrick’s Day without chopping off the bleach, and that’s coming up later this month… Then, the next goal will be to make it to the end of this challenge, and then to the end of August. After that: feel free to go to town whenever!

St Patrick's Day is next Friday ;)
It must be really frustrating with tangles. How are you dealing with them? Oils, silicones?

Ylva
March 8th, 2023, 07:08 AM
St Patrick's Day is next Friday ;)
It must be really frustrating with tangles. How are you dealing with them? Oils, silicones?

Indeed it is! I have an event then but all I need to do is make sure I hop in the car with my drum that morning and get driven there, thus I’m not more aware of how much time there is left until then exactly. :lol:

I have tried both oils and silicone serums, but I don’t find either of those to make any positive difference. The best thing I can do to manage the tangles is washing my hair no less frequently than every other day*, condition twice (second round with silicones), use a good leave-in conditioner, and wear my hair in a bun only on daytime.

*The most important factor here is balancing the tangling over time with brushing since I only brush before washing, and tangles happen over time, but I can’t brush my hair just whenever, because then it will tangle at twice the usual rate.

paulownia
March 8th, 2023, 07:37 AM
I have tried both oils and silicone serums, but I don’t find either of those to make any positive difference. The best thing I can do to manage the tangles is washing my hair no less frequently than every other day*, condition twice (second round with silicones), use a good leave-in conditioner, and wear my hair in a bun only on daytime.

*The most important factor here is balancing the tangling over time with brushing since I only brush before washing, and tangles happen over time, but I can’t brush my hair just whenever, because then it will tangle at twice the usual rate.

Darn ;)
I did some reading about tangling ( out of curiosity since my hair is blessed with no tangles whatsoever - low porosity, hello :p) :and apparently there is some ways to handle them.. how is it with clarifying? Detangling hair wet, soaked in conditionner? Pre-poo treatments with mix of water, oil and conditionner and so on . Acidic rinses to close the cuticle was mentioned too.
High porosity, damaged and dry hair is very prone to tangles since the cuticle stands open and hairs stick to each other like velcro :rolleyes:. I guess I understand why you would like to cut the bleached parts.

Ylva
March 8th, 2023, 07:49 AM
Darn ;)
I did some reading about tangling ( out of curiosity since my hair is blessed with no tangles whatsoever - low porosity, hello :p) :and apparently there is some ways to handle them.. how is it with clarifying? Detangling hair wet, soaked in conditionner? Pre-poo treatments with mix of water, oil and conditionner and so on . Acidic rinses to close the cuticle was mentioned too.
High porosity, damaged and dry hair is very prone to tangles since the cuticle stands open and hairs stick to each other like velcro :rolleyes:. I guess I understand why you would like to cut the bleached parts.

I don’t think my virgin hair is particularly tangly either. Sometimes in the top layer that blows all over the place, at the nape, and where my natural hair starts, but I have no idea if that’s because of the bleach border or because I have a second set of ends there because of my TE shed and my hair suddenly gets a lot thicker there. :shrug: But my strands are fine, which I guess makes for more tangles in general. The bleached ends are definitely velcro, and even the bleached lengths are getting so old now that it’s not as (relatively) healthy as it used to be.

Defanging when wet results in breakage and is harder for me. I clarify about once a week and it is certainly very important! I’m a bit too lazy for pre-poo treatments these days, although my hair has liked pre-poo oiling in the past. I’ve never tried acidic rinses.

The main problem is definitely just the fact that it’s bleached hair… And I’m starting to think that holding on to bleach-damaged hair at mid-thigh to knee is pure madness. :D

Salice
March 9th, 2023, 05:29 AM
I decided to join here when noticed today that my hair has been the exactly same length for a year now. I have some split ends, but overall the condition of my hair feels pretty healthy. There are probably two options. Maybe my hairdresser just cuts too much when I visit him 3 times per year, or maybe this is pretty much my terminal length. My last haircut was at 23. December.

Nefcerka
March 9th, 2023, 07:42 AM
Ooh, this thread is great. I was debating whether to enter the trimmers or try non-trimmers club, but I belong here. Last time I had a trim (1 cm) was December 31st 2022. And my next planned trim (again just 1 cm) is on July 1st. I´m aiming for terminal (currently at WL) and I was wondering if non-trimming might get me there faster, but I worry about split ends and don´t want to hinder my growth.

Bugg
March 10th, 2023, 08:52 AM
I've noticed my bleached hair tangles much worse than the natural hair too, the difference is really quite remarkable. I cannot wait to grow the bleach out! (again! :/ ) But for now no trimming takes priority. I'm not sure what length I will chose to maintain at though whilst I tackle the bleach. I think I want it to be long enough for me to easily trim it myself at the very least. It's nearly APL now I think, I might maintain somewhere past BSL to remove it, I don't know if I have the patience to wait until waist.

Also, question; I haven't been oiling my hair since I bleached it as it was quite short and healthy anyways, but I've also been worried about oils staining the bleached hair, can this happen? Are there any oils that you guys have noticed work particularly well with bleached strands?

angel-baby
March 10th, 2023, 03:37 PM
Bugg, my bleached hair is now pink, but I started oiling my scalp 2x/week and my lengths every daywhile still bleaching every 4-6 weeks, and I never had an issue with the oils I used (Rosemary scalp treatment & Rose Hair Elixir from The Innate Life). I can't speak to any other oils, but those two didn't stain my bleached hair.

---

Two months into this challenge!! Last trim was January 8, so I'm actually just over 2 months. My hair is BSL (bottom of the bra band) when wet, and almost BSL when dry, so I've gained back some of the length that I lost. Layers are still hovering around shoulder length. I'm going to try and fit in a S&D session sometime this week if I can.
Overall I think it will be a lot better for my hair, going forward, if I keep stretching trims like this. I like a blunt or at least blunt-ish hemline, so I was getting a trim every 3 months but it really stalled my progress. If my hair is in good shape at the end of this challenge, I may stick to twice yearly trimming.

Jools69
March 12th, 2023, 04:17 AM
This is what I’ve done. Several years ago, I used to have my hair (then shoulder length) trimmed every 3 months at the hairdressers and any growth I gained, the hairdresser would cut off. Even though I would say I was growing it out and stopped using straighteners. Now at hip length, it’s been 3 years since I’ve been to a hairdresser and only trim twice a year, with only a few S & D in between.

I’ve joined these challenges every year since I’ve joined LHC and feel they’ve definitely helped. Although I’ve never managed to go a full 12 months - yet! ;)

Joliebaby
March 12th, 2023, 07:30 AM
I don't know if I had a growth spurt or what.. but I suddenly notice my hair is an inch or so past waist when I pull on the ends, and at waist otherwise. The ends are mostly healthy, except for a part on the sides where I used to wear small braids secured with those silicone bands. I wore them too much, eh. Now I have splits and breakage there. But I just trim off the individual split ends. I have some taper at the ends, I think it is from having a big shed in 2020. So the thickness is returning but doesn't reach to the ends yet. I don't mind the taper, I think it looks pretty in wavy hair, and it makes bunning easier. So the taper doesn't make me want to trim, not yet at least. I'm trying to go at least past hip length until I trim, which is about 3" away. Then maybe grow and in or two more before trimming off a couple of inches. Maybe. I haven't trimmed in over two years, I don't remember exactly when was the last time as I wasn't paying attention. If my hair looks and feels nice, I may go longer without trimming. But for now, I feel like I want to reach hip and never go shorter than that again.

Diana Prince
March 15th, 2023, 04:37 AM
I think that after the challenge ends, I'll trim about 1-2 cm so I can even out my hemline a bit. Then I'll join the other half of the year challenge.

I don't really want to trim anything, but I also hate the V shape of my hair. I want something softer, and I really want most of my hair to be the same length. I always think my hair is so short, because from the front it's barely a bit longer than shoulder length, so in my brain it doesn't matter that I also got hair past BSL.

Aunt Rapunzel
March 16th, 2023, 12:06 PM
It's been a wild ride this year for me, and for my family. My mom (who has just recently recovered from a broken shoulder) came down with Covid...I was caring for her, and also came down with Covid. She was hospitalized, and thankfully was able to be released...We're both still recovering, and I'm trying to work full-time while also caring for her. Thankfully my brother is able to help as well. I can't believe how tired and weak I am yet! So - all of that to say that trimming my hair hasn't even entered my mind once. :-D It's absolutely the last thing on my mind.

Artemisa
March 23rd, 2023, 09:13 PM
I'm SO IN on the challenge. I have been tempted to chop off some annoying layers but I want to be strong and let them grown at their own time. My last trim was before last Christmas and just last week I did some S&D.

pisinoe
March 31st, 2023, 11:27 AM
We've accomplished half the challenge!

angel-baby
March 31st, 2023, 04:17 PM
I decided to join here when noticed today that my hair has been the exactly same length for a year now. I have some split ends, but overall the condition of my hair feels pretty healthy. There are probably two options. Maybe my hairdresser just cuts too much when I visit him 3 times per year, or maybe this is pretty much my terminal length. My last haircut was at 23. December.

I joined for the same reason - no length gained over one calendar year.
I was always told get a trim every 2 months unless you're actively growing your hair; then go every 3 or 4 months, so I did that and...nothing.
My hairdresser and I have been friends for years, way before she started doing hair, and I love her but she takes too much off! I'm switching to every 6 months, and being firmer about only taking off an inch so I can meet my goals.

GoatLady
April 1st, 2023, 09:01 AM
Checking in to say I made it through March. On to April!

Salice
April 2nd, 2023, 05:40 AM
I joined for the same reason - no length gained over one calendar year.
I was always told get a trim every 2 months unless you're actively growing your hair; then go every 3 or 4 months, so I did that and...nothing.
My hairdresser and I have been friends for years, way before she started doing hair, and I love her but she takes too much off! I'm switching to every 6 months, and being firmer about only taking off an inch so I can meet my goals.

It's so hard to be strict and make clear what you want. I always feel like I should respect hairdressers' expertise and let them do what they think is the best for my hair. Maybe I should not be such a people pleaser while I'm so fussy about my hair at the same time.

QuietVixen
April 2nd, 2023, 02:55 PM
Nice job everyone by finishing the 3rd month of the no trimming challenge! Onwards to April! :cheer:

InTheCity
April 3rd, 2023, 03:01 PM
I'm still here too!

Not gaining length because, as I've said before, I'm fairly certain BSL or thereabout is terminal for me. Only a few hairs ever get that length so it's just a sparse mess. And those that do tend to be tangly and stringy, which is why historically I end up going to hair dresser that inevitably cuts off too much because even 2 or 3 inches looks like nothing on the floor when you're only cutting a few strands.

Since a too-much-chop in October 2020, I've only done self trims, occasional S&D, and one professional trim that actually listened to me in December 2021. I'll definitely make it to the end of this challenge and go to the same place for another trim since we're coming up on beach season where I live which means humidity, frizz, blowing wind, and an entire head of knots.

angel-baby
April 5th, 2023, 10:38 PM
It was sooo hard not to trim over the weekend. I really wanted to do a teeny microtrim, just because with my layers, the ends look really thin compared to the fullest part of my hair.
I talked myself into doing a quick S&D instead.

SundtHår
April 7th, 2023, 05:07 AM
I want to join this no trim, even though I'm joining a little late :D I haven't cut my hair this year

Aerya
April 7th, 2023, 05:29 AM
I want to join this no trim, even though I'm joining a little late :D I haven't cut my hair this year

Welcome! :)

Aerya
April 7th, 2023, 12:14 PM
I ended up doing a small trim just now, so I'm out. Best of luck to you all! :)

Jools69
April 9th, 2023, 04:16 AM
Well done to those still managing not to trim and well done to those that lasted this long without trimming, before going with what’s best for their hair.

I’ve done a quick S & D for the few splits that I had, now measuring at 35.5 inches - the long hairs now reaching BCL. On track with 1 1/2 inch growth so far.

angel-baby
April 9th, 2023, 08:47 PM
I’m tapping out! I was out in the sun today and spotted way too many split ends for my liking. I trimmed about half an inch, just from the longest point of my hair. I might join the second half of the challenge if my hair is in better shape by that point.

paulownia
April 11th, 2023, 12:19 AM
Just popping in to say that the challenge got me to a belated milestone ;)
Striped shirt is in the laundry:p
From February the 14
https://i.postimg.cc/zGFNF1Y7/20230214-112806.jpg (https://postimages.org/)

To yesterday
https://i.postimg.cc/SxfQfWPQ/20230410_180818.jpg (https://postimages.org/)

Bat
April 14th, 2023, 02:58 AM
Just popping in to say that the challenge got me to a belated milestone ;)
Striped shirt is in the laundry:p
From February the 14
https://i.postimg.cc/zGFNF1Y7/20230214-112806.jpg (https://postimages.org/)

To yesterday
https:/i.postimg.cc/SxfQfWPQ/20230410_180818.jpg (https://postimages.org/)

Look at that you did it! Congrats!

SevereLocks
April 14th, 2023, 05:25 PM
hey nice! good growth!

Diana Prince
April 22nd, 2023, 04:04 AM
After 4+ months of no trimming, I always have the urge to chop off a few inches. I always think that it doesn't look good enough, that I have split ends (I don't, but sometimes the ends are a bit bent, because I braid my hair often) and so on and so forth. Basically, I always find faults, even when there aren't. I'm glad that I've made my mind to not trim, and knowing I'm in a challenge, with other people, helps me tremendously not to give in to the urges.

Jovana
April 25th, 2023, 10:37 PM
I had a huge hairloss this month, lost volume and it ends becomes drier. I cut, even I don't want to. Luckily it grows faster than I thought.

pisinoe
April 30th, 2023, 11:20 AM
2 months to go!

QuietVixen
May 1st, 2023, 12:48 PM
Happy May, everybody! We only have a few months left of the no trimming challenge. Everybody, whether you ended the challenge early or not, has done fantastic! :happydance:
As for me, the no trimming challenge is still ongoing and my hair is slowly trekking to tailbone length.

paulownia
May 13th, 2023, 04:38 AM
Well, I'm out;)
I needed a trim. It's basically as I suspected, the no-trimming challenges are not for me. My hair gets out of shape after 3 or 4 months of no trimming.
I didn't cut much, just small layering, my usual method, and waves bounced directly :D
I guess I'd rather gain length slower but with better looking texture. Quality over length :p
Good luck for everyone still growing :blossom:

QuietVixen
June 2nd, 2023, 09:20 PM
Congrats to everybody for getting through the month of May. We only have to wait until June 30th to finish the challenge! We can do it! :cheer:

InTheCity
June 5th, 2023, 11:32 AM
Congrats to everybody for getting through the month of May. We only have to wait until June 30th to finish the challenge! We can do it! :cheer:

Oh my goodness I'm... I'm... special.

I got a trim as soon as June hit thinking I succeeded in this challenge. D'oh! Guess I'm out.

But lesson learned that at this length/condition, 6 months was far too long to go between trims. I'm really stalled on gaining length with crunchy, split, sparse, dry, tangly ends. Sigh....

I can't seem to get past "medium" into "long" territory. I'm at 22.5 today.

Salice
June 11th, 2023, 03:28 AM
It's nice to notice that 6 months between trims is possible for me nowadays. My ends are not too bad, maybe because I have focused on proper hair care more, using protective hairstyles and doing S&D once a month.

My friend's wedding is 1st of July, and I want to trim my hair before that. Because of the babysitter, I can't wait for the 30th, so the 28th will be my final day. After that, I will continue to No trimming 2023! The second half only! -group.

Ylva
June 12th, 2023, 05:46 AM
Will be interesting to see if I'll actually end up completing this challenge unintentionally. Just a bit over half a month to go, after all! My plan was to have my mom take some some hair pics and then cut my hair, but I don't want to wait too long before I go for a professional shaping cut (mom can shape the hemline just fine but I won't trust her with the face-framing bits). She took some nice outdoor photos the other day, but they aren't quite artsy enough to satisfy my photo yearnings. In addition, I want DBF to be present for the momentous occasion when my hair is actually cut. He's witnessed all of my intentional hair journey, so it just feels special to have him there for this, too, but because of his work (Mon-Fri) and mine (Thu-Sun), we have a really hard time visiting my mom together! This is what you get for purposely making things difficult for yourself. :)

Diana Prince
June 13th, 2023, 06:15 AM
Congrats to everybody that participated in this challenge! I know it's still on for another two weeks, but nonetheless, it's almost over.

I am happy with how much my hair grew in the span of 6 months :). I hope not to trim my hair at all this year if it doesn't develop split ends.

https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=49107&d=1686658094

Diana Prince
June 13th, 2023, 06:15 AM
Congrats to everybody that participated in this challenge! I know it's still on for another two weeks, but nonetheless, it's almost over.

I am happy with how much my hair grew in the span of 6 months :). I hope not to trim my hair at all this year if it doesn't develop split ends.

https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=49107&d=1686658094

Jools69
June 16th, 2023, 08:45 AM
Wow, only another couple of weeks to go. Congrats to those that are still in the challenge and well done to those that managed only so far.

It’s been tempting to trim off my thinning ends. Putting it up and forgetting it has helped, somewhat.

Ylva
June 21st, 2023, 02:20 PM
Well, now I’m out, having had my big chop from MTL+ up to hip. :)

Nefcerka
June 25th, 2023, 03:51 AM
Well, now I’m out, having had my big chop from MTL+ up to hip. :)

Wow, congratulations - I knew you were planning it - will you post a picture in some thread? :)

And big congratulations to everyone who made it this far with this challenge, enjoy your newly acquired growth! :cheer:

I am dropping out of this challenge, not because I have trimmed or plan to - quite the opposite, I don´t plan on touching the scissors anytime soon (not this year or next) - only when I reach some major milestone like classic, if I´m lucky. I was never scissor-happy, except when I really didn´t know what to do with my hair, in which case I usually made a major chop - that is not happening now with so much positive inspiration here to grow really long and so much good advice on how to achieve it.

Ylva
June 25th, 2023, 01:52 PM
Wow, congratulations - I knew you were planning it - will you post a picture in some thread? :)

Thank you! :) Yes, I will definitely post pics once I get some!