PDA

View Full Version : Salon that specializes in really long hair in NYC?

guywithlonghair
September 8th, 2022, 07:45 AM
So I restarted my growth journey in January and haven’t received a haircut yet but it’s approaching the length where the hair in back is longer than the front and it’s giving off mullet vibes. Also I need to clean up the nape of my neck and sideburns. I was doing some research on salons in NYC and saw that the George Michael Long Hair salon closed a year ago. I was curious if anyone in the area has any recommendations for other salons or stylists in manhattan or Brooklyn that they trust to help with my growth goals without cutting too much?

lapushka
September 8th, 2022, 11:56 AM
So I restarted my growth journey in January and haven’t received a haircut yet but it’s approaching the length where the hair in back is longer than the front and it’s giving off mullet vibes. Also I need to clean up the nape of my neck and sideburns. I was doing some research on salons in NYC and saw that the George Michael Long Hair salon closed a year ago. I was curious if anyone in the area has any recommendations for other salons or stylists in manhattan or Brooklyn that they trust to help with my growth goals without cutting too much?

Could you tolerate... just growing it out?

LongLocke
September 8th, 2022, 01:06 PM
I saw your post on r/longhair. It doesn't look mullet-y in the slightest. I'd say let it ride and when you get closer to your goal length, start considering maintenance trims. You can always do some tie back styles if you get self conscious. Right now, you're essentially growing out natural layers, but it all looks really good TBH.

Dark40
September 8th, 2022, 09:45 PM

Yeah, I was very sorry to read that George Michael had closed his salon in NYC! He also had one here in Ga as well! But he also closed that one down. So, the only one I know that's open is in Beverly Hills CA.

baanoo
September 9th, 2022, 05:02 AM
I don’t know of a salon here that specializes in really long hair but the salon I go to is in Brooklyn and the stylists I’ve seen there over the years have always been really supportive and sensitive to what I wanted. Are you looking in Manhattan only?

shelomit
September 9th, 2022, 04:28 PM
Are you looking in Manhattan only?

The first post says Manhattan or Brooklyn, so I'd shoot your shot with the salon you visit!

baanoo
September 9th, 2022, 06:18 PM
The first post says Manhattan or Brooklyn, so I'd shoot your shot with the salon you visit!
Ah! That’s what I get for not reading closely. I go to Salon 718.