PDA

View Full Version : Holistichabits

ladyofthewoods
September 5th, 2022, 08:58 AM
Does anyone else follow Sarah of holistichabits on YouTube? She has the most beautiful knee length hair snd I love her philosophy on holistic health which includes what is used on the body and what is ingested. I’ve been following her for long time and my has gotten longer and thicker.

lapushka
September 5th, 2022, 09:59 AM
While I love her hair and videos sometimes, her lifestyle doesn't vibe with mine, at all. She does have lovely hair, though. :)

momof3mary
September 5th, 2022, 10:32 AM
I like her style, however I am not in the same income bracket as her, so I will never be able to afford some of the things she uses. I do enjoy watching her videos though, she has a calm sense about her.

ladyofthewoods
September 5th, 2022, 03:12 PM
Her lifestyle is totally my vibe and has been for the last 8 years. I live as plastic free, chemical free, organic, and vegan as humanly possible, in all aspects of my life. I’m very thankful I have a job that makes this possible, but I know that it may not be an option or not even something that others want.

tuanyiji
September 5th, 2022, 07:47 PM
I like her hair, but don't really resonate with her magical crystal thing LOL. To each their own.
That kind of hair came from winning the thick hair gene lottery, and I would never be able to achieve that crazy dense of a mane.

(To me, Beautyklove's hair type is more similar to mine - a closer Asian gene pool and climate and food, I guess - so it's more feasible for me to reach that thickness and length and shine in the future when I fully recover from my big shed, and her frequent cheap DIY hair remedy ideas are fun to watch as I also do weekly DIY hair mask/oil with a slight twist and keep experimenting. I don't really believe in a cure-all magical hair growth elixir but taking good care of your hair, and finding out what is suitable and what is not for your own hair is the key to luscious long locks.)

Like some of you have said and judging from her home videos, Sarah's lifestyle requires a much more well-to-do background and privileged upbringing. But it's nice of her to show her loving relationship with family members. I have shown pictures of her doing the flower hair shoots with my mom, hopefully inspiring her to take pictures of me doing something similar when I have a much longer length.
She inspired me to be a better, fitter person with a more peaceful mindset and appreciation for nature.
I love gardening and cultivating my own herbs for hair care as well, though I focus more on vegetables and dragon fruit.
I also love working out but I will definitely not do it in my own garden because there would be too many annoying bugs LOL.

blesseddamozel
September 7th, 2022, 12:01 AM
I absolutely LOVE her hair and her hair videos- but I agree some of the more extreme alternative medicine she's into isn't really my cup of tea. I certainly respect doing what you can to take your health into your own hands and being mindful of your diet but the crystals and such are a little far out there (IMHO.) I also agree that her well to do lifestyle can make some of her content really difficult to relate to, at least for me (I mean, I wish!) I do really like her videos with her brother though, I have a brother and we're super close so those videos remind me of our sibling relationship a bit :)

But yes, her hair is gorgeous, she was one of my original inspirations on my long hair journey. I remember thinking I'd catch up to her when I got around classic length- but her hair is growing strong as ever so thats not happening anytime soon :p

Shug
September 7th, 2022, 10:38 AM
She’s really pretty but kinda kooky
Love how smooth and thick her hair is

knobbly
September 8th, 2022, 07:19 PM
Hahaha Shug you nailed it.

Dark40
September 8th, 2022, 09:27 PM
Does anyone else follow Sarah of holistichabits on YouTube? She has the most beautiful knee length hair snd I love her philosophy on holistic health which includes what is used on the body and what is ingested. I’ve been following her for long time and my has gotten longer and thicker.

I've also been following her for a long time as well on Youtube! I love all of her videos! And, I also love her knee length hair as well! I do wish that I can afford some of the things she has though. :)

rosenester
September 9th, 2022, 11:29 AM
How thick is her ponytail circumference, does anyone know?

lapushka
September 10th, 2022, 10:31 AM
How thick is her ponytail circumference, does anyone know?

Well, over 4 inches, for sure. :)

lakhesis
September 10th, 2022, 02:34 PM
I've been following her for a while, plus I really like the hair art pictures she sometimes posts on instagram :)

She actually recently cut her hair back to classic length. It was a bit weird - she put a poll on instagram asking how much she should cut off, most people voted for the longest option (6 inches I think?), so she cut off a lot and didn't look to happy about it. I don't really get that, like if you actually did not want to cut off that much, why listen to the poll??

lapushka
September 10th, 2022, 03:10 PM
That is strange. :( But I don't get surprised by how much social media has invaded people's minds. :rolleyes: It's absolutely insane! :(

thatsideoflife
September 10th, 2022, 06:29 PM
I do watch her videos but it didn't occur to me that she was in a different income bracket and so able to make those lifestyle choices. Mostly because of how some people really do make a lot of money doing YouTube videos. I also don't have the time to devote that much work to my hair. Really, I wonder who does. But if it IS her job to make hair videos, I understand spending that much time and money on it. It's a literal investment, and it sure pays off. I know she must start with good hair genes, but I am convinced (by her nice to watch videos I assume haha) that those potions actually work.

tuanyiji
September 10th, 2022, 07:06 PM
I think that lifestyle came from a well-to-do family background, and then she generates more money from videos. Her sleep braid video alone has over 12 million views, and it will continue to grow even if her current view number has dropped significantly. Youtube algorithm can be weird like that. And instagram has been limiting views on pics and favoring reels, so many influencers turn to the Story section for endorsed ads.
I happened to catch the whole hair cutting process in her instagram story. And I don’t think she looks too pleased either, but as a hair influencer, it’s her job to please the audience so as to promote certain products. And the more sales, the more profits, so she cut the hair according to the poll result to please the followers. And a shorter and blunter hemline makes her hair look even thicker, and thus attracting more views, so it’s more convincing to sell products.
You may notice that her sister-in-law appears in her videos a lot more often recently, I think it’s another way to expand viewership, since sister Sarah’s long henna’d hair is on the thin side compared with her monster mane, she’s kinda creating “relatable” content for the general audience.
Also there’s a lot more hair play involved with two girls, it’s subtle but there, and we know how some guys with hair ****** often eat that up with a spoon.

thatsideoflife
September 10th, 2022, 09:33 PM
Wow I didn't realize she's been making videos for 10 years!