PDA

View Full Version : 2 Qs, is this normal? and at what rate does hair grow.

iluvmy67cuda
March 23rd, 2008, 12:10 PM
Ok 2 questions for ya ladies. First, is S&D on a regular basis, but i dont during winter because i cant go outside and get any good light to do it. So its been a few months. I tryed to S&D today, and found NO split ends, but i have a TON of broken ends. Is that normal? to have so much breakage and no splits? I dont know why its breaking, i take SUCH good care of it. UGH.

Also, at what rate is hair suppose to grow? Like how often a month? thanks.

spidermom
March 23rd, 2008, 02:04 PM
How can you tell that they are broken ends? Could they be previously snipped ends?

Kirin
March 23rd, 2008, 02:40 PM
I'm not sure why the hair would break, again are you sure they are broken? The growth phases for each hair are different, its totally normal to have some hair shorter than others.

I think the average growth rate is about 1/2 or 1/4 inch a month depending on the person.

as for s&d, my hair at this point is still a little too short for this, i cant reach around to look at it without straining my eyeballs. A good trick to get the best light is, in a dark room at night, turn on your computer, put up a blank white background and hold up your hair in front of it, your splits will pop out like they are neon.

iluvmy67cuda
March 24th, 2008, 09:46 AM
Yah it could be new growth. Thats what i've been thinking. Its just theres SO much of it, its crazy. Whenever i do a braid, its soo obvious, all the hairs sticking out i hate it! It goes all the way up to my crown. Im going to be patient and keep with my hair growth and see how it goes. I want to go to classic length so i've got a while still, im only at butt length (sorry i forgot the correct term lol).