PDA

View Full Version : Which oil is your favourite?

bubbles04
August 21st, 2022, 03:03 PM
Which oil do you like the best for your hair???

Mine is coconut oil. It is just gives a stunning shine and smoothness to my hair. I miss using it and now starting to use it again.

Shorty89
August 21st, 2022, 05:15 PM
These days, I've been using a mix that is about 3/4 coconut oil, a little under 1/4 almond oil, and a touch of shea butter. It works well and the shea butter makes it smoother. I do like just plain old coconut or almond though.

Myx
August 22nd, 2022, 01:14 AM
Nearly daily it's almond oil on my ends, they just drink it up. Once in awhile it's Lady Luck Smoothing Serum. It's a little heavier than the almond oil, but it smells so good!

rosenester
August 22nd, 2022, 12:14 PM
When I was bleaching my roots regularly, I would soak my hair root to tip in coconut oil prior to bleaching.

Nowadays, I use jojoba oil on my nape and last few inches of length. In the winter, I use baby oil.

ChloeDharma
August 22nd, 2022, 05:25 PM
I'm not sure I can single out just one as the needs of my hair will vary and so require different oils depending on circumstances. Coconut is definitely up there though and monoi also works very well (as it's base is coconut oil I'm counting monoi in with the coconut). Macadamia nut oil also works wonders. Jojoba I like for a kind of scalp version of cleansing with oil. It makes it easier to remove build up and after washing off my scalp feels very clean. It's also great if I want my hair to feel more protected.

JasminxCat
August 22nd, 2022, 05:27 PM
It's a tie between jojoba and sweet almond oil

foreveryours
August 22nd, 2022, 05:48 PM
Most favored
refined coconut oil ("fragrance"-free).

Least favored
castor oil (thick and sticky like tree sap)
mustard oil (supposedly great for hair but its "fragrance" just gives me a bad headache)

tuanyiji
August 22nd, 2022, 09:49 PM
Apart from coconut, I choose all the carrier oils that are fragrance-free as well. It’s just easier to mix and don’t think too much about what my hair might smell like to others. I even found a version of castor oil that is not as sticky.
I really like to mix all of ten oils together for my hot oil treatment and I can’t really tell which one is better.
I hope to get back to oil pulling for dental health cause I really have too much oil at hand.
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/1001725273378668557/1011482031902969936/IMG_9406.jpg

Suortuva
August 23rd, 2022, 07:16 AM
The best oil I ever have tried is Babassu oil. It made my hair really soft and nice. But it's a bit hard to find here where I live, it's not always available.

Death-Within-Me
August 23rd, 2022, 11:57 AM
Always the classic, unrefined - coconut oil for me. With drops of essential oils for growth. I like to soak and drench my hair in it at least once a week.

And I have tried like hundreds of oils.

Nightshade
August 23rd, 2022, 01:27 PM
These days, I've been using a mix that is about 3/4 coconut oil, a little under 1/4 almond oil, and a touch of shea butter. It works well and the shea butter makes it smoother. I do like just plain old coconut or almond though.

You might enjoy shea nut oil rather than shea butter in that blend :) It's super fatty and rich, but plays a little nicer with other liquid oils in my experience.

ladyofthewoods
August 23rd, 2022, 02:25 PM
For my mid to ends I use monoi oil everyday. For my scalp I use organic amalaki scalp oil twice a week.

bluejaysierra
August 25th, 2022, 07:30 AM
For ends and length, I really love sweet almond oil. It's a good thickness, not too sticky either. It's easy to wash out with a conditioner or something like a herbal shampoo if you don't put on too much in my experience and leaves hair manageable and soft :) I've been really wanting to try Camellia oil though!

Dark40
August 25th, 2022, 10:07 AM
My favorite oils I love to use on my hair is Luster's Pink Oil Moisturizing Lotion, Coconut Oil, Argan Oil, Olive Oil, Jojoba Oil, and Carrot Oil. They all give my hair such nice smoothness and shine!

SereneCurls
August 28th, 2022, 10:23 AM
I like unrefined coconut for styling or reducing frizz, olive for conditioning treatments.

SparkleTess
August 28th, 2022, 01:18 PM
The best oil I ever have tried is Babassu oil. It made my hair really soft and nice. But it's a bit hard to find here where I live, it's not always available.

Same. I use it on my face as well.