PDA

View Full Version : 'Shower bun' - my first updo video!

Periwinkle
November 16th, 2008, 10:20 AM
http://s539.photobucket.com/albums/ff359/periwinklegargoyle/?action=view&current=MVI_0791.flv

My first updo video! :cheese:

This is the bun that I use for the shower. In this video, I'm doing it a bit slower than I usually would to try and show it clearer and make the end result neater.

Directions: make a ponytail and pass an elastic over it once. Wrap your hair around the base, then pass the elastic over again.

With shorter hair, this would probably make quite a good bun by itself, but with my extra length I find that it sticks out, so I don't wear it apart from as a 'quick fix' to get my hair out of the way. However, if you grab the whole thing and pull it towards your neck (after completing the style), it makes a brilliant messy chignon.

neon-dream
November 16th, 2008, 10:22 AM
This is cool!
I'll definitely give it a go :)!
xxx

Tinyrat
November 16th, 2008, 10:26 AM
actually really cute bun. Way neater than mine would go with an elastic.

Ryanne
November 16th, 2008, 10:27 AM
Great video!
The bun reminds me of a bun I sometimes make, yours looks neater.

bunnii
November 16th, 2008, 10:33 AM
Oooo I'll definately be trying this for my next shower, thanks and great video :)

sahiba
November 16th, 2008, 11:05 AM
Nice bun but I like your hair thickness better. :p

Robinlyn
November 16th, 2008, 11:08 AM
Oh I like that! I'll give it a try once I get some growth! Your hair is beautiful & so thick!

TheKnight'sLady
November 16th, 2008, 11:32 AM
Cool! I'll have to try it soon. Thanks for the video!

Vitalai
November 16th, 2008, 10:14 PM
I really like that! Once my hair's longer I'll try it.

Thank you for the video!

Magicknthenight
November 16th, 2008, 10:23 PM
It says their is no video?
But your instructions sound a lot alike this new bun i have been doing! after wrapping the length around the base i pull the hair tie down over it. Is that what you do too?
ah its working now!
wow it is almost the same. ha.
you have really pretty thick hair :)