PDA

View Full Version : Chop chop chop... :scissors:

Siv
August 6th, 2022, 02:33 PM
https://i.imgur.com/ryQbakCl.jpg << 112 cm / 45"
https://i.imgur.com/IoQXcDIl.jpg << 65 cm / 26"
https://i.imgur.com/w2lvPnhl.jpg << 52 cm / 21"

ETA: perhaps I should've mentioned that I chopped primarily for three reasons

1. The weight was exacerbating my chronic tension headaches (that I already medicate for) and occasional migraines

2. The tangles were massive at this length and I couldn't really wear it down at all, which I missed

3. I didn't enjoy it anymore.

spidermom
August 6th, 2022, 04:22 PM
I love collarbone-length hair about as much as I love long hair. Nice result; looks good.

lapis_lazuli
August 6th, 2022, 04:28 PM
What a change! Both lengths suit you nicely :)

rosenester
August 6th, 2022, 05:59 PM
:agape:
I agree, both lengths look amazing. Your color is probably my dream color I could only achieve naturally with too much sun than my skin could take :lol: just lovely! Are you regrowing or just enjoying the length change? :heart:

Bat
August 6th, 2022, 07:07 PM
I think the longer suited better but then again where I live collarbone is the more common length.. but at the end of the day my opinion means nothing, I hope you enjoy the new length and ease of washing!

Siv
August 7th, 2022, 01:34 AM
ETA: perhaps I should've mentioned that I chopped primarily for three reasons

1. The weight was exacerbating my chronic tension headaches (that I already medicate for) and occasional migraines

2. The tangles were massive at this length and I couldn't really wear it down at all, which I missed

3. I didn't enjoy it anymore.

^ Just wanted to add a few things for clarification in the first post :heart:

I love collarbone-length hair about as much as I love long hair. Nice result; looks good.

Thank you very much! :flower: I love the novelty of it if anything, time will tell which shorter length I prefer, I think!

What a change! Both lengths suit you nicely :)

Thank you!! :flower:

:agape:
I agree, both lengths look amazing. Your color is probably my dream color I could only achieve naturally with too much sun than my skin could take :lol: just lovely! Are you regrowing or just enjoying the length change? :heart:

Thank you!! :heartbeat: Currently enjoying the length, tentatively regrowing I think. I added a few points to my original post for clarification. I don't think I'll go for LHC-lengths again, but I'm curious to see how APL fares on my head, LOL! Because of my waves-that-are-just-poof-really, the ends are very poofy and my head gets kind of triangular at CBL with my natural texture. I don't mind it much TBH but I'm still curious to see if APL will tune it down a bit!

I think the longer suited better but then again where I live collarbone is the more common length.. but at the end of the day my opinion means nothing, I hope you enjoy the new length and ease of washing!

Thanks, I think?

And yes, I am enjoying being a frequent washer again! :) I'd say the actual washing is surprisingly similar but the drying time, oh my gods. It dries sooo fast when the hair actually moves around alot when I move and turn my head etc.! :lol:

lapushka
August 7th, 2022, 02:19 AM
That is a big change, isn't it? :) Both styles look absolutely great on you. I love the new you! Enjoy!

Lady Stardust
August 7th, 2022, 02:23 AM
Both lengths look fantastic!

I completely understand the need to wear hair down with chronic headache and migraines. Enjoy the freedom!

Your hair is so lovely, it’ll be fun to see how your hair evolves at different lengths :)

illicitlizard
August 7th, 2022, 03:33 AM
Beautiful transformation! I hope you enjoy your new cut, it looks wonderful short and looked so good long too!

Looking at your reasons for cutting I'm sure you made the right decision for you. I hope those headaches let up, they can be so debilitating.

tuanyiji
August 7th, 2022, 04:26 AM
Brave Soul!
It’s great as long as you enjoy the new length. You look amazing and confident!

olivetime
August 7th, 2022, 04:39 AM
Oooo lovely!!! Collarbone length is so dreamy to me!! Looks wonderful! Enjoy the ease!

Will you use the braids to decorate your hair?

Begemot
August 7th, 2022, 06:40 AM
Gorgeous look! Collarbone length looks so light and fresh :love:

baanoo
August 7th, 2022, 09:15 AM
So gorgeous, Siv, I’m really happy to see you back here post-cut! I know I told you on Insta but your new hair looks wonderful. :o

Hexana
August 7th, 2022, 09:55 AM
Wow, what a change! It totally suits you! Do you intend to let it grow again or will you maintain at this length?

Deborah
August 7th, 2022, 10:01 AM
Beautiful! I understand about the weight, especially if you get lots of headaches. Enjoy your new look! :flower:

foreveryours
August 7th, 2022, 10:21 AM
No more prehistoric hair styles?

SandyBottom
August 7th, 2022, 10:36 AM
As others have said, both styles look great on you! I think your reasons are all very understandable and valid, after all, why have long hair if you don't enjoy it??

Lesley8
August 7th, 2022, 12:59 PM
It looks amazing! I love collarbone length just something about it. I hope you enjoy your new length you really suit it.

DakarNick
August 8th, 2022, 07:29 AM
Wow, quite the change! Looks good!

Sigrid
August 8th, 2022, 12:37 PM
Du ser vacker ut. :flower:

shelomit
August 8th, 2022, 06:23 PM
I like the angled cut! I also had no clue that it was typical to braid hair off before cutting it. I guess that keeps a handle on the mess, but I would have thought it would also make it harder to make straight lines when the strands are being pulled toward one central point.

pisinoe
August 9th, 2022, 12:42 AM
You look as beautiful as ever! Your new cut is very chic and well-done, it suits you well. I hope you have fun with it!

Hedwig
August 9th, 2022, 12:49 PM
It looks fantastic! Hopefully it helped with the headaches a bit?

Siv
August 10th, 2022, 02:03 AM
First, sorry for taking a few days to respond. Currently dealing with non-headache-related health issues as well as a computer breakdown, among other things. And second, thank you sooo much for all the love :heartbeat I've had an awful week but guys really have made feel tonnes better! I came back to three pages of responses so I'll try to answer a few of them, but just know I really appreciate you all so much!

Oooo lovely!!! Collarbone length is so dreamy to me!! Looks wonderful! Enjoy the ease!

Will you use the braids to decorate your hair?

I will donate them to a local wig maker (is that even what it's called??) once I have time to drop by her studio in Stockholm. She does wigs for cancer patients pro-bono :)

No more prehistoric hair styles?

Haha! IIRC one of the bog bodies had APL-ish length hair so I could just do her hair over and over ;) Also, they used to sacrifice their braids to the bog gods or whatever so perhaps I could argue that I'm sacrificing it to the wig maker goddess :lol:

I like the angled cut! I also had no clue that it was typical to braid hair off before cutting it. I guess that keeps a handle on the mess, but I would have thought it would also make it harder to make straight lines when the strands are being pulled toward one central point.

Very true! This was because I wanted to donate it. After lopping off all the braids she took another few centimetres to even things out!

It looks fantastic! Hopefully it helped with the headaches a bit?

It did! I wear it down more, and any updos don't pull at all anymore. Also I wash abouts every day or every other day now which helps with the sore scalp I get if I don't wash frequently.

shelomit
August 10th, 2022, 01:38 PM
Very true! This was because I wanted to donate it. After lopping off all the braids she took another few centimetres to even things out!

Ah, makes sense!

Dark40
August 12th, 2022, 01:26 PM
What a big change! I think the long length suits you better but it was decision to go shorter to ease the headaches. Both styles and lengths look good on you though. Enjoy your new you!

OUKess
August 12th, 2022, 03:54 PM
Both Beautiful!!