PDA

View Full Version : Hairline baby hairs - is there hope?

beckybourbon
July 30th, 2022, 01:09 PM
I have always had those straight baby hairs that stick out from my hairline whenever I put my hair up. No matter how many times I oil them and put my hair in protective/loose styles, they seem to always be there. Sticking them back with a paste makes them even worse because when they unstick it looks quite hilarious. Is this really a genetic thing? If all my other hairs are growing, why can't these ones grow? :mad:

lapushka
July 30th, 2022, 02:54 PM
There is a thread on here to fully celebrate them. Even has pictures. Because, what else can we do bar gel them down, right? And we all have them, especially when bunning!

Bat
July 30th, 2022, 04:04 PM
I have always had those straight baby hairs that stick out from my hairline whenever I put my hair up. No matter how many times I oil them and put my hair in protective/loose styles, they seem to always be there. Sticking them back with a paste makes them even worse because when they unstick it looks quite hilarious. Is this really a genetic thing? If all my other hairs are growing, why can't these ones grow? :mad:

Baby hairs have much shorter terminal length than the rest of your hair so there isn't much you can do about them

spidermom
July 30th, 2022, 05:17 PM
When they're really bothering me, I wrap a scarf around my head hair-band style to hold them down and back. I especially hate it when I'm working and sweating, and those short hairs stick to my face. Ugh!

tuanyiji
July 30th, 2022, 07:50 PM
You know what’s funny, in China, for many women who have a receding hairline, they even cut some long hair in the front and keratin correct them to fake some baby hair bangs for a younger, more innocent look.
Pic is from an online shop that sells this keratin tool and with over 100,000 sales, it is quite popular.
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/1001725273378668557/1003119710117838939/IMG_8651.png
People are on both spectrum about this thing, it seems lol.

My head is full of baby newly emerged hairs sticking up because with minoxidil, LLLT, exercise, protein, vitamin, and massage, my hair loss is diminishing so I am in love with those baby hairs that celebrate my recovery. My hairline doesn’t look like Mickey Mouse’s M shape anymore, it’s become a half moon.

https://youtube.com/shorts/qIUy_N8wCco?feature=share

Some of them has reached my shoulders already. It’s over half a year’s effort. That’s why my pony circumference went from 9.3cm in March to 10cm in late July. I will probably be a full iii by next year.

https://youtube.com/shorts/KqjCj6A75t0?feature=share

lapushka
July 31st, 2022, 07:04 AM
That keratin kit seems like such a waste of good hair; you would have to cut in hair that does have a longer terminal length, is my meaning. It is a pretty look, convinced of that. But altogether if it doesn't come natural I am not such a fan. My youngest cousin has this naturally on the forehead. When she was young at least. Puberty sort of "fixed it".

ETA found the actual thread in question, the hair wispies club, you are free to join:
https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=131555

tuanyiji
July 31st, 2022, 08:48 AM
That keratin kit seems like such a waste of good hair; you would have to cut in hair that does have a longer terminal length, is my meaning. It is a pretty look, convinced of that. But altogether if it doesn't come natural I am not such a fan. My youngest cousin has this naturally on the forehead. When she was young at least. Puberty sort of "fixed it".

ETA found the actual thread in question, the hair wispies club, you are free to join:
https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=131555
Yes, I completely agree. But the length people will go for their hair can be, well, rather extreme. And a receding hairline or thinning hair can be such a downer on one’s self-esteem, I have seen so many “miracle” fixes for hair problems, like those hairline powder, toupee, hair extensions and not to mention the very quack-ish topical lotion/oil for alopecia. I am glad I went to the doctor’s to seek help for my hair loss, and the not so expensive minoxidil really works wonders (it’s not OTC and you have to get doctor’s prescription here).

Myx
July 31st, 2022, 10:24 AM
Ugh, I've got loads of these. MOST of them don't bother me too much because I wear my hair down a lot, but on each side of my hairline right above the temples there's a streak of them that goes back for about an inch and a half, just in a very thin row, that won't seem to grow longer than say, 4-5 inches. When they lay flat it's nice because they actually have a cute body-wave, but they hardly ever want to do that. :lol: These days I just hide them with overly long curtain bangs. When I wear a bun or braid for work however, after a half hour or so I start to look like a hedgehog from all the wispies!

lapushka
July 31st, 2022, 11:21 AM
Yes, I completely agree. But the length people will go for their hair can be, well, rather extreme. And a receding hairline or thinning hair can be such a downer on one’s self-esteem, I have seen so many “miracle” fixes for hair problems, like those hairline powder, toupee, hair extensions and not to mention the very quack-ish topical lotion/oil for alopecia. I am glad I went to the doctor’s to seek help for my hair loss, and the not so expensive minoxidil really works wonders (it’s not OTC and you have to get doctor’s prescription here).

I had not thought of that! It could. It could actually be a fix for thinning hair.

I went through losing chunks of hair (and bald patches) at the start of puberty, due to a hormonal imbalance. It fixed itself after about a year, doctor wanted to wait it out (age 13 what are the options and we did not want to medicate). But I know what it's like, at least, and yes, this seems like a great option! :thumbsup:

shelomit
July 31st, 2022, 01:37 PM
A cloth headband will keep them out of the way and out of sight without the unfortunate aftereffects of gelling them down.