PDA

View Full Version : Demi Moore hair interview

C_Bookworm
July 26th, 2022, 09:43 AM
Thought y’all might enjoy this interview. I love that she’s celebrating long hair at her age and healthy hair practices!

https://people.com/style/demi-moore-hair-routine-favorite-products-exclusive-interview/

tuanyiji
July 26th, 2022, 10:00 AM
Thank you for sharing this. I’m tempted to never cut my hair (short) again, because if I don’t start growing longhair while I’m still young and healthy, how can I really see my terminal length.

LongLocke
July 26th, 2022, 10:23 AM
Good on Demi! It’s funny how short the film industry considers “long hair” and I’m glad she’s decided to buck that industry trend and do what she wants.

After watching the most recent season of Stranger Things, I started to really think hard about how actors have to change their hair based on roles and might likely never get to express the sides of themselves they would want to. It was a musing thought after knowing Millie Bobby Brown decided to wear a skull cap to emulate buzzed hair rather than have her head shaved like she had done in the first season

lapushka
July 26th, 2022, 12:55 PM
I think they use wigs a lot in the industry. ;)

knobbly
July 26th, 2022, 07:05 PM
I was an actor for most of my life and I loved doing all kinds of stuff to my hair including wigs, clip-in pieces, curling it for period pieces, dying whatever color, etc. As soon as I quit I stopped doing that and began growing out my natural hair including the grays I had covered up for years. It wasn’t a conscious decision, but it makes sense in retrospect. I look entirely different now than I did when I was in the biz. I’m comfortable with what I’ve got and it’s just for me.

mermaid lullaby
July 26th, 2022, 08:22 PM
I was an actor for most of my life and I loved doing all kinds of stuff to my hair including wigs, clip-in pieces, curling it for period pieces, dying whatever color, etc. As soon as I quit I stopped doing that and began growing out my natural hair including the grays I had covered up for years. It wasn’t a conscious decision, but it makes sense in retrospect. I look entirely different now than I did when I was in the biz. I’m comfortable with what I’ve got and it’s just for me.

You were an actress? That's really cool!
I agree, its way better to be your authentic self. I used to try to be the "cool" girl in high school, but now.... being at home and gardening is the best place to be! :o I don't care about my looks anymore.

Longlegs
July 27th, 2022, 01:31 AM
I wonder when she is going to stop dyeing it?

_Emma_
July 27th, 2022, 11:39 AM
That's really inspiring, thank you!

I also do not understand why many women - once they have reached a certain age - are pressured into cutting it short. I do not think that short hair suits me at all, so one day I want to have long white or silver hair. :heartbeat

ladyofthewoods
July 28th, 2022, 10:26 AM
Love her hair and that she says she her long hair makes her feel more herself.

tuanyiji
July 28th, 2022, 10:32 AM
That's really inspiring, thank you!

I also do not understand why many women - once they have reached a certain age - are pressured into cutting it short. I do not think that short hair suits me at all, so one day I want to have long white or silver hair. :heartbeat
In reality, when people reach a certain age, certain weakness often ensues, and we all know how fragile the joints and bones of the elder folks are, like my father, who has trouble lifting his arms above the shoulders, and my mother, whose back and wrists always act up in humid weathers, long hair would indeed be very difficult to deal with, that’s why I keep exercising and eating well to make myself as healthy as possible. I don’t want to have trouble taking care of my long hair when I’m too old or too sick.

Vara La Fey
July 28th, 2022, 09:44 PM
Thought y’all might enjoy this interview. I love that she’s celebrating long hair at her age and healthy hair practices!
https://people.com/style/demi-moore-hair-routine-favorite-products-exclusive-interview/

YAY HER! She's almost exactly my age, and she looks like that. Even if there's nip/tuck and photoshop, it's being done very well. And that hair. Just wow.

SandyBottom
July 29th, 2022, 01:20 AM
I’m comfortable with what I’ve got and it’s just for me.
This made me smile. It's EXACTLY how I feel and once I came to this point, I felt very at peace with it. Cheers.

knobbly
July 29th, 2022, 05:43 AM
This made me smile. It's EXACTLY how I feel and once I came to this point, I felt very at peace with it. Cheers.

Thanks SandyBottom. I’m enjoying getting older overall. :flower:

Sigrid
July 29th, 2022, 08:33 AM

I was wondering that too haha. Like promoting self acceptance while still changing something about yourself made me smile, but hey, as long as she's happy.

Dark40
July 29th, 2022, 10:01 AM
You Go Demi! I love how she says that her long hair makes her feel herself too, and I'm also glad that she said whenever they want her to change up her hair she will wear a wig. I love her beautiful long dark hair at her age!

Dark40
July 29th, 2022, 07:50 PM

I honestly don't think she will ever stop dyeing it! She looks soooo much better with her dyed natural dark hair color. :) I think some people just feel that they don't look right with grey hair. Or, they're not ready to show it yet.

Shorty89
July 29th, 2022, 08:24 PM
YAY HER! She's almost exactly my age, and she looks like that. Even if there's nip/tuck and photoshop, it's being done very well. And that hair. Just wow.

I don't know about current pictures but she's had an enormous amount of work done. I'm not sure she even looks like the same person anymore.

Dark40
July 30th, 2022, 10:53 AM
I don't know about current pictures but she's had an enormous amount of work done. I'm not sure she even looks like the same person anymore.

Yeah, I agree. It does look like she's had an enormous amount of work done. I'm also not sure if she looks like the same person another either. She was sooooo beautiful when she was a lot younger when she starred in the movie, "Ghost," when her hair was cut very short.

lapis_lazuli
July 30th, 2022, 01:23 PM
Cool. It's always nice to see long hair represented in a positive way, and at any age for that matter.