PDA

View Full Version : Bridesmaid Hairstyles

KokoroDragon
July 25th, 2022, 07:14 PM
I'm going to be a bridesmaid in my cousin's wedding this next weekend and I still haven't figured out what to do with my hair!

I don't really want to have a visible hair toy like a fork or stick because I feel that may take attention away from the bride. I also can't get hair supplies like spin pins before the wedding (I'm in a remote area where I'd have to order online). I have regular bobby pins and hair elastics.

Right now I'm thinking just a dutch braid down my back but I'd love to hear other ideas!

For reference, my hair is brushing BCL and fairly thick - about 3.5" with a blunt-ish hemline.

mermaid lullaby
July 25th, 2022, 09:11 PM
A Dutch braid would look nice!

I was thinking a curled ponytail with a thick braid on the side of the head.

KokoroDragon
July 26th, 2022, 11:04 AM
I like the idea of a curled ponytail!

Another idea I had was a braid across the front like a headband. The only thing is the reception is outside and I'm worried about tangles if I left the majority of my hair down...

rosenester
July 26th, 2022, 05:14 PM
A dutch braid would be a great way to show off your length, crown braids always look fancy to me & would keep the hair contained for the outdoors. Check how the bride plans to have their hair done to not… have… prettier hair :o

KokoroDragon
July 26th, 2022, 07:46 PM
Oh, I didn't even think about a crown braid! I'm not sure I'm skilled enough to do one though. The bride will be wearing her hair in a braided bun at the nape of her neck.

mermaid lullaby
July 26th, 2022, 08:42 PM
Oh, I didn't even think about a crown braid! I'm not sure I'm skilled enough to do one though. The bride will be wearing her hair in a braided bun at the nape of her neck.

It just takes practice :)
Basically, you are French dutch braiding around your head and pinning the braid into place, instead of the normal common way of french braiding -dutch style.

KokoroDragon
July 27th, 2022, 10:05 AM
It just takes practice :)
Basically, you are French dutch braiding around your head and pinning the braid into place, instead of the normal common way of french braiding -dutch style.

I've done two dutch braids that I've pinned around my head before, so I think I could manage that. I think I'll ask the other bridesmaids what they're doing, too.

KokoroDragon
July 31st, 2022, 09:38 PM
Update! The wedding went well. I ended up asking another bridesmaid to do my hair last minute because we were short on time and she did a fishtail braid. I didn't take any pictures but she did a great job!

rosenester
August 1st, 2022, 07:19 AM
I bet it was beautiful! :flower: