PDA

View Full Version : Hair and Plants!

Traceylouise226
July 3rd, 2022, 05:32 PM
I can't help but see hair (whether long or short, whatever colour or texture) as our own little "garden" to tend to.
When looking after my indoor plants (moreso than my outdoor plants) I can see a connection between caring for them and caring for hair :p
The plants that I can actually keep alive (and thrive) are the ones where I really get to know them, even if I'm not actively pruning, watering, or feeding them. Basically, just observing them.
When my hair is at its happiest, it's when I really get to know it's behaviour and what it responds well to. Even when I'm not trimming, washing, or brushing my hair, just keeping in check seems to help it thrive!
I was wondering if anyone else feels a connection between their indoor or outdoor garden with their hair!
For example, some plants need more water and humidity. Or plants getting thin and spindly when they have went for a long time since a trim. I sometimes feel like I'm S&Ding some of them, or pruning them to thicken their 'hemline' :p

ExpectoPatronum
July 3rd, 2022, 05:52 PM
I find a lot of things can be similar to hair - many things require patience and dedication. But with plants, it is very rewarding to see them thrive, much like it's rewarding when you finally hit a hair goal.

Traceylouise226
July 5th, 2022, 01:17 PM
I agree, many different things can be translated to hair care. I especially find it satisfying when trailing plants surpass certain points in the shelf, it reminds me of hitting new length goals.

Zesty
July 5th, 2022, 01:20 PM
This is a really sweet perspective. I see the similarities. :)

SandyBottom
July 5th, 2022, 01:49 PM
I agree and I love plants! The thing I get the most enjoyment from with them is propagating them or if they aren't thriving, I like to see if I can nurse them back to health and get them growing again. So similar to hair!

Traceylouise226
July 5th, 2022, 02:18 PM
Me too, it's amazing seeing them take root and grow new leaves! Sometimes nursing them back to health can feel stressful but it's so rewarding to get it right (I suppose it's like hair care in that way as well) :o

lapushka
July 5th, 2022, 02:37 PM
Now I have to wonder about those that don't have a green thumb. :p :lol: ;)

Traceylouise226
July 5th, 2022, 03:12 PM
Don't worry, they aren't mutually exclusive :wink: I've had my fair share of plant and hair failures that had nothing to do with eachother :lol:

NedShniblee
July 5th, 2022, 03:17 PM
I used to have these perfect looking African Violets in another home they grew very well in.

I would brush the little fuzz on their leaves with a paint brush to get off any dust or dirt.

I think anything we care for feels the same, time, consistency, love, patience, growth.