PDA

View Full Version : Fairytale ends or needing trim

Lesley8
June 18th, 2022, 06:04 AM
Hi, I've been noticing my ends and wondering if it's Fairytale ends or needing trimmed?
https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=47277&d=1655553665
Thanks

Lesley8
June 18th, 2022, 06:06 AM
https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=47277&d=1655553665

Lesley8
June 18th, 2022, 12:33 PM
Sorry haven't explained it really well but I'm wondering if I have Fairytale ends? Not sure if its breakage I'm experiencing.

Sarahlabyrinth
June 18th, 2022, 12:54 PM
Looks like fairytale ends to me! If you don't like the look of it you can always trim, it's up to you!

Lesley8
June 18th, 2022, 12:56 PM
Looks like fairytale ends to me! If you don't like the look of it you can always trim, it's up to you!

Thank you, sorry if it seems like a dumb question I just wasn't sure if that's what it was. I'm happy enough with leaving it just been getting comments saying it needs cut.

Gwendolynn
June 18th, 2022, 01:28 PM
They look like faitytail ends to me! If you like the way they look then it is a perfectly great hemline!

I would add that if you have loads of splits or other obvious breakage at the ends you could consider a trim but I cannot see anything of the sort on this photograph.

Lesley8
June 18th, 2022, 01:30 PM
They look like faitytail ends to me! If you like the way they look then it is a perfectly great hemline!

I would add that if you have loads of splits or other obvious breakage at the ends you could consider a trim but I cannot see anything of the sort on this photograph.

Thank you, I don't have split ends or breaks at the end of my hair I s&d and try to protect it x

Abacus
June 18th, 2022, 01:34 PM
I think people have been trained to see fairytale ends as damaged or needing to be cut off, when really the strands are perfectly healthy, they're just not all the same length. I see so many videos on the internet of people cutting off "dead ends", when there's actually nothing wrong with their ends.

Also, even if you have split ends, if you like how your hair looks that's all that matters! I personally plan on keeping all my split ends etc :) I don't think it leads to lots of damage down the line, at least not in my case.

lapushka
June 18th, 2022, 02:12 PM
Honestly, it looks great to me. I do similar things to my ends, and it's on purpose. LOL Wouldn't worry about it, not one bit!

Lesley8
June 18th, 2022, 03:32 PM
I think people have been trained to see fairytale ends as damaged or needing to be cut off, when really the strands are perfectly healthy, they're just not all the same length. I see so many videos on the internet of people cutting off "dead ends", when there's actually nothing wrong with their ends.

Also, even if you have split ends, if you like how your hair looks that's all that matters! I personally plan on keeping all my split ends etc :) I don't think it leads to lots of damage down the line, at least not in my case.

Thank you, I've also seen a lot of people cut them off, myself I prefer the way it looks instead of blunt cut.

Lesley8
June 18th, 2022, 03:33 PM
Honestly, it looks great to me. I do similar things to my ends, and it's on purpose. LOL Wouldn't worry about it, not one bit!

Thank you as always :)

Zesty
June 18th, 2022, 03:38 PM
Your hair is so pretty! If the ends don't look damaged up close, as you said, then I wouldn't worry. I actually think the less blunt hemline looks very nice on you. How long have you gone without a cut/trim? Just curious, I don't think you need to cut. :)

Lesley8
June 18th, 2022, 03:41 PM
Your hair is so pretty! If the ends don't look damaged up close, as you said, then I wouldn't worry. I actually think the less blunt hemline looks very nice on you. How long have you gone without a cut/trim? Just curious, I don't think you need to cut. :)

Thank you, I haven't been to a hairdresser for 3yrs. I S&D and micro trim myself.

Zesty
June 18th, 2022, 03:52 PM
Thank you, I haven't been to a hairdresser for 3yrs. I S&D and micro trim myself.

That's the way to do it I think. :) Looks like you're doing a great job caring for it.

Lesley8
June 18th, 2022, 03:55 PM
That's the way to do it I think. :) Looks like you're doing a great job caring for it.

Thank you :)

embee
June 18th, 2022, 03:59 PM
There are two "looks" - and either is good. For sure in my book, fairytale ends are better - because of making buns. Blunt ends can be a real pain for an updo. For me, they always stuck out like a paintbrush! Not the look I wanted. ;)

Dark40
June 18th, 2022, 04:16 PM
I honestly think your ends look perfect. I don't see anything wrong with them!

illicitlizard
June 18th, 2022, 05:19 PM
Just looks like fairytale ends to me too! Damage usually looks a bit more frazzled at the ends from what I've seen.

Of course I think a fair few people in the general populace would say fairytale ends need a trim, but then get their hair layered and cut into a v shape which achieves the same look... if you're not noticing too many splits and s&d/microtrim your hair safe to say you're all good and don't "need" a trim. Particularly if you don't even want a blunt hemline on yourself!

Lesley8
June 19th, 2022, 01:01 AM
Thank you everyone :) I definitely prefer my Fairytale ends like the look of them better than blunt ends.