PDA

View Full Version : Growing long hair while recovering from trichotillomania

PetitOiseau
June 16th, 2022, 03:52 AM
One year ago, I pulled my hair on the top of my scalp where the natural parting is.

I am one year pull free and I completely stopped because I always wanted to grow long hair since I was young but trich ruined my hair growth journey...

Like I said on one of my posts, I cut my hair, it was damaged because of the hair dye and I am one year dye free as well :)

So now I am just letting my hair growth and as a friend with classic length hair told me : "stop cutting your hair and let it grow !!" She is right lol, never cutting my hair again, I did it for the right reason but never doing this again !!

Sometimes I feel really insecure because of trich and the recovery being really really long.

I am very insecure when I see girls with the perfect thick full parting,
mine is recovering and I need to take supplements and minoxidil but thanks god, my hair is still growing...
I wish that my hair could recover faster sometimes and look nice instead of this parting line on the top of my scalp being really thin :/

It's really hard to accept that even if your hair is still growing and you want it long, it will never be as "beautiful" as someone that has "normal" hair...

Here are some pictures of my hair before I cut it in december 2021(also I made a mistake in the title, it's from december 2021 lol) : https://imgur.com/a/zOet3tv

And here is my hair now, it's almost shoulder length, I cut it at ear length in January 2022:

https://imgur.com/a/gdUpEU7

I did a braid on the first picture that's why I have waves...And on the last picture my hair is greasy because I am currently training my hair to wash it once a week :)

lapushka
June 16th, 2022, 07:03 AM
I just want to wish you an awesome growth journey. I hope your hair will recover, and well.

Lady Stardust
June 16th, 2022, 01:16 PM
You doing well, congratulations! I think it’s amazing to decide to just stop doing something, and follow through on that decision.

Your hair is looking great and it’s obvious how committed you are to growing healthy hair.