PDA

View Full Version : Had to tell drunk dude to let go of my hair...

FrayedFire
June 14th, 2022, 01:27 AM
I went to my first ever pride event recently, and as I was headed out, one of the older guys, rather intoxicated, starts talking about how pretty my hair was and how he wanted to braid it. I politely play along for a bit, but then he segued into how I needed to cut it, and I'm like I trimmed it last night, I'm trying to grow it, yadda yadda... I'm trying to gracefully leave, and then he strokes the length but stops halfway down and is just holding it and I'm like, hey, um, let go? He did, thankfully, but I was not comfortable cause I've never had someone grab it like that!

Bat
June 14th, 2022, 02:00 AM
Yikes I hate strangers touching my hair I'm sorry you had to go through that. *Shudders*

Glitch
June 14th, 2022, 03:12 AM
So sorry you had to go through that! Ugh. I had a wack evening with one of my own friends, let alone a stranger, who would not stop touching and caressing my hair the entire time that I was driving and I felt extremely uncomfortable. People...

:grouphug:

GothicCanadian
June 14th, 2022, 05:16 AM
That's rather disturbing.

Bat
June 14th, 2022, 06:00 AM
So sorry you had to go through that! Ugh. I had a wack evening with one of my own friends, let alone a stranger, who would not stop touching and caressing my hair the entire time that I was driving and I felt extremely uncomfortable. People...

:grouphug:

I wouldn't like that unless it was a person I was seeing x x

lapushka
June 14th, 2022, 06:04 AM
This is exactly why I don't give people any leeway. If I can sense you're drunk: buh-bye. If not, the first thing about hair that comes out your mouth that isn't a generic type compliment: buh-bye. I have 0 patience with people. Maybe that makes me a b-word but... Don't care. LOL!

Iyashikei
June 14th, 2022, 06:57 AM
Yikes! Even being drunk isn't an excuse for that. I'm sorry you had to go through that.

SandyBottom
June 15th, 2022, 02:44 AM
I wish people had more respect for others (feelings, boundaries, privacy, differences etc). When they don't, it puts you in the position of letting it go or asserting yourself. Asserting yourself somehow makes you the jerk...and you're NOT. Sorry you were subjected to that. I hope other than that the pride event you attended was a positive experience.

Taliesyn
June 15th, 2022, 03:09 AM
Ugh that was so out of line, sorry you went through that.

Potauvert
June 15th, 2022, 08:39 AM
Sorry for this experience, hope you feel better now.

Nox_Inber
June 15th, 2022, 03:59 PM
That is so creepy...talk about lack of boundaries on his part. I'm glad it didn't escalate any further.

Hexana
June 16th, 2022, 11:17 PM
Oh wow, sorry you were in a position like that.
When I was a teen a drunk guy started arguing with me that I must be a natural Redhead (I had freckles), but I'm not I am naturally blonde. And even though he never touched my hair it was still uncomfortable because he just wouldn't let go of the subject and was getting pushy. I got the feeling that he was gonna grab a hair to really "inspect it", but fortunately my older brother came over then. Weird what kind of things drunks notice and argue about

MadelineMomo
June 16th, 2022, 11:34 PM
The only person I can recall ever touching my hair unsolicited was a mentally disabled woman, who didn't seem to know better

RavennaNight
June 19th, 2022, 08:58 AM
So sorry that happened to you, people don’t understand boundaries. This happened to me once at a concert, dude standing behind me thought it was ok to yank on my hair to the music. It feels so disgusting when people do that.

embee
June 19th, 2022, 11:19 AM
Ya' never know what a drunk will try to do, and you probably don't want to find out. Most annoying to be around, there's no reasoning with them.... mostly because *they* aren't really there, if you know what I mean... they're "in the bottle".

One could use it as a warning: don't do that yourself or you might be every bit as irritating and obnoxious. So tiresome. Never want to be known as "one of those people".

Wavelength
June 19th, 2022, 11:42 AM
Ugh, I'm sorry that happened to you -- it must've been very disturbing. Also, I get that the guy was drunk and all, but first he says it's pretty and he wants to braid it, and two seconds later he tells you to cut it? Like, seriously dude, make up your mind!

This is why I never go out in public without my hair up. I don't want to encourage these types.

This is exactly why I don't give people any leeway. If I can sense you're drunk: buh-bye. If not, the first thing about hair that comes out your mouth that isn't a generic type compliment: buh-bye. I have 0 patience with people. Maybe that makes me a b-word but... Don't care. LOL!

Haha, are you me?! :grin:

FrayedFire
June 24th, 2022, 10:12 PM
...Also, I get that the guy was drunk and all, but first he says it's pretty and he wants to braid it, and two seconds later he tells you to cut it? Like, seriously dude, make up your mind!

That's when I started trying to leave in earnest!