PDA

View Full Version : Can't get rid of old hotmail address

Sidani
March 23rd, 2008, 11:41 AM
My very old hotmail address is still in my profile and I've tried to get rid of it and replace it with my new email addy (which is not a free client) but it won't change. Can someone please help? I've typed it in and saved it a dozen times now and it still reads the old one in my info. :shake:

eadwine
March 23rd, 2008, 11:50 AM
Hmm.. try emptying your cache first, it could simply be reading the page from that.

You can also try pressing ctrl and refresh, or shift and refresh at the same time. I think that should do a hard refresh.

Sidani
March 23rd, 2008, 12:44 PM
Thank you, eadwine, but I tried all of that and it didn't change anything. *sigh* When I go to the "change email address page" my new email is there but when I click on my profile info, the old one shows up and I don't use that one anymore.

Broken Angel
March 23rd, 2008, 01:04 PM
Sidani, could your Hotmail address still be showing because you have it listed as your MSN messenger contact?

Sidani
March 23rd, 2008, 01:11 PM
Hi Angel ... no, it can't be that because I've never had messenger or ever listed any names or email addresses in those boxes. I've tried everything I can think to change it but nothing has worked so far. :brickwall

Broken Angel
March 23rd, 2008, 01:16 PM
I don't know, but when I went into your contact info section in your profile, your hotmail address was listed there for MSN messenger. :shrug:

Maybe a staff member could check that out and remove it for you?

Sidani
March 23rd, 2008, 01:48 PM
woohoooo!! I don't know what I did, but it's gone!!

Thank you for your help, ladies!

dancingbarefoot
March 23rd, 2008, 04:08 PM
It was probably a database update lag. It takes some time for some parts of the forums to update.