PDA

View Full Version : Where has your long hair gotten caught into ?

Gia11
June 10th, 2022, 10:02 AM
Years back when wearing my hair loose... it got caucht into a free standing shelf (british corner shop) full of crisps and I bought it down with me....lol :p
That was the most dramatic event ,but since then it has gotten caught in the zip of my handbag and a few other places,luckily to no major damage so far.

Even if I am a little clumsy I am sure many of you have had something like this happen to you at least once. Please share.

lapushka
June 10th, 2022, 10:40 AM
Ooooh we have a thread on this already. I think even multiple, must be. I just can't link them right now. Anyone? Pretty please? :lol: ;)

Iyashikei
June 10th, 2022, 12:09 PM
Mostly my glasses. Worst is when they are so stuck you need to sacrifice the length of that particular strand.

Shug
June 10th, 2022, 12:16 PM
Lately my hair keeps getting caught in door handles, it hurts so bad!

LongLocke
June 10th, 2022, 12:39 PM
Mostly my glasses. Worst is when they are so stuck you need to sacrifice the length of that particular strand.

I hate this. My new glasses have murdered way too many strands. Thankfully, I usually stick to contacts when I'm awake.

illicitlizard
June 10th, 2022, 05:18 PM
One of my chairs has a gap between the chair arm and back that widens if you lean back and clamps rather effectively back down when you sit forward, my hair has been caught in that many times!

I've also caught it in my car door, pinned it under my own arms, zipped it into my dress, and closed it into my locker door at work.
But not been caught in my glasses :p

stephlynette
June 10th, 2022, 05:40 PM
door handles, my glasses

SandyBottom
June 10th, 2022, 07:45 PM
Ugh...so many places! Zippers, car door, door strike plates, it's been stepped on by others. The worst was when it got wrapped up in the beater bar of a RUNNING vacuum. It's a wonder I have any hair left.

Garnetgem
June 10th, 2022, 07:47 PM
Mostly on door handles,and there was one door handle at head level and many a tuft was left behind as i walked past,did i say there was one? well no more i removed it!

ExpectoPatronum
June 10th, 2022, 08:15 PM
One time my hair got caught on a bottle in the fridge door, and when I went to bend down my hair took the bottle with it and it fell to the floor. Bottle broke, vegan Worcestershire sauce went everywhere.

Iyashikei
June 10th, 2022, 10:37 PM
Ugh...so many places! Zippers, car door, door strike plates, it's been stepped on by others. The worst was when it got wrapped up in the beater bar of a RUNNING vacuum. It's a wonder I have any hair left.
That sounds painful.

Corvana
June 10th, 2022, 10:40 PM
Earlier I was crawling across my bed to get to my computer (this room is quite cramped, especially with a mastiff taking up half the floor space!) I crawled right onto my own hair :laugh: That's what I get for having it down.

Gia11
June 11th, 2022, 12:28 AM
One time my hair got caught on a bottle in the fridge door, and when I went to bend down my hair took the bottle with it and it fell to the floor. Bottle broke, vegan Worcestershire sauce went everywhere.

This sound like the sort of thing that might happen to me.

Gia11
June 11th, 2022, 12:30 AM
It was fun reading all the replies so far ladies ; it suddenly made me remember that once several strands got caught in my epilator, that did cause some damage. How could I have forgottent that??? lol

Sarahlabyrinth
June 11th, 2022, 08:49 AM
Door handles, mostly, and I have accidentally stepped on it, which is painful. I try to wear it up, or up and covered, for this very reason, my length is impractical to wear loose.

lapushka
June 11th, 2022, 10:19 AM
I usually find these things so odd, because why not put your hair up and out of the way? I don't get this one bit. Sorry. :lol:

SandyBottom
June 11th, 2022, 10:37 AM
For me it was years before hearing about protective styles or learning the error of my youthful ways. I used to wear it loose or in a ponytail most of the time, braided at the beach. These days? I almost never do either of those and can't think of anywhere it's gotten into trouble lately (other than a brush).

ps--I just remembered how back in those destructive days it used to swing into the hot oven when I would bend to remove cookies or whatever! Yikes!

MusicalSpoons
June 11th, 2022, 10:37 AM
I usually find these things so odd, because why not put your hair up and out of the way? I don't get this one bit. Sorry. :lol:

I hate having hair in my face and it's always been more practical to have it tied up somehow, but recently I've not been wearing my satin bonnet because I haven't got round to washing it and my sleep bun falls out, so when I sit in bed before getting up my hair is down, and I can see why people like having theirs down! It actually feels really nice (though only if I'm not having to do something where it gets in the way - I put it up when I get out of bed, so it is still bunned >99% of the times).

Long before LHC I used to wear my hair in a ponytail, plait, half-up (only ever fully down on special occasions) and then later buns once I discovered fabric flower hairties to make the bun look pretty. Boy have I had my hair stuck in some things, despite being somewhat contained … lemme see if I can find where I last posted about this …

Ah, here https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=154039&p=3875699&viewfull=1#post3875699

Dark40
June 11th, 2022, 10:52 AM
I remember as a kid when I had extremely long thick waist length hair(pig-tales) it had gotten caught into a lady's hand, and she grabbed it and said, "Give me some of that hair." :D and I just laughed. :)

LongLocke
June 11th, 2022, 11:01 AM

The vacuum sounds painful!

I had mine wrap around the wheels of a creeper (wheeled platform for being under cars), and I thought that was bad enough. That was when i realized i had reached a point in my hair growth to stop using pony tails so much

I still like having my hair down more than up, still.

ArienEllariel
June 11th, 2022, 11:16 AM
I hate having hair in my face and it's always been more practical to have it tied up somehow, but recently I've not been wearing my satin bonnet because I haven't got round to washing it and my sleep bun falls out, so when I sit in bed before getting up my hair is down, and I can see why people like having theirs down! It actually feels really nice (though only if I'm not having to do something where it gets in the way - I put it up when I get out of bed, so it is still bunned >99% of the times).

Long before LHC I used to wear my hair in a ponytail, plait, half-up (only ever fully down on special occasions) and then later buns once I discovered fabric flower hairties to make the bun look pretty. Boy have I had my hair stuck in some things, despite being somewhat contained … lemme see if I can find where I last posted about this …

Ah, here https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=154039&p=3875699&viewfull=1#post3875699

Both of these threads were very fun to read! Love it :lol:

floridaorchid
June 11th, 2022, 04:13 PM
When my hair was hip length, sometimes it would wrap around my arms and get stuck like an aggressive arm cuff.

shelomit
June 11th, 2022, 04:59 PM
My glasses are my great menace--not because my hair gets stuck in them, but because they tend to fall off the headboard. I can't see worth a darn without them, so I have to go trundling around on hands and knees to feel for them under the bedframe. And I can't see my hair to avoid it until the glasses are recovered, so I often wind up kneeling on my braid or getting tangled up in my hair if I slept with it loose. I'd bet this happens twice in an average month ; P

illicitlizard
June 11th, 2022, 05:17 PM

I see where you're coming from there, now that my hair gets stuck in more things I certainly wear it out of the way more often!

Not all the time though as it looks nice when it's down, I get headaches if it's up all the time, and grew it out so I could enjoy the length which to me means wearing it down sometimes :o

Kathie
June 11th, 2022, 08:18 PM
Arm pits and zips at the front of tops.

It's been a while since my hair has been caught in my arm pits though. Usually it happens when I'm dancing... but haven't danced with hair down for a while.

In zips is very recent. I've been wearing my hair in a side braid. I foolishly thought there was no way I would be so inattentive to my hair that it would get caught in that zip... it's happened more than once now. I cringe every time.

Jools69
June 12th, 2022, 12:04 AM
My glasses, mostly. Recently, my ends got caught as I zipped up my purse (wallet) at elbow height! :eek:

Glitch
June 12th, 2022, 01:38 AM
Arm pits and zips at the front of tops.

It's been a while since my hair has been caught in my arm pits though. Usually it happens when I'm dancing... but haven't danced with hair down for a while.

In zips is very recent. I've been wearing my hair in a side braid. I foolishly thought there was no way I would be so inattentive to my hair that it would get caught in that zip... it's happened more than once now. I cringe every time.

Same here! Many, many times for me by now. :violin:

PeonyBlue
June 13th, 2022, 03:35 PM
I tried to blow dry with a round brush once - one of those with metal bristles with glass bead tips that I was meant to use for my fringe, but my teenage self decided to use it on my hip length hair.

NEVER AGAIN!

I had to extricate it strand by strand and cut off what I couldn’t untangle.

Abacus
June 13th, 2022, 03:41 PM
This is more a story about what got stuck IN my hair rather than where my hair got stuck, but long ago when I had mid back length or waist length hair, I was sitting in the backseat of a car. The driver was smoking and flicked the butt out the window. But it flew back into my window and lodged in my hair. It took a minute for me to realize where the burning smell was coming from :( It burned off a chunk of my hair. I thought it was funny at the time, but if it happened to me today now that I'm actually taking care of my hair and trying to grow it, I think I might murder someone.

FrayedFire
June 14th, 2022, 01:35 AM
I started keeping scrunchies and other various coverings on my bedframe posts because apparently the decorative bits are kin to the metal in those school chairs that always like to grab a few strands in the most painful manner!

Gia11
June 14th, 2022, 03:50 AM
I tried to blow dry with a round brush once - one of those with metal bristles with glass bead tips that I was meant to use for my fringe, but my teenage self decided to use it on my hip length hair.

NEVER AGAIN!

I had to extricate it strand by strand and cut off what I couldn’t untangle.

OMG he,he,he!:p What happened to you bought memories of a similar incident I had at about 13 , with a round brush designed for the fringe but that I decided to use on my lenght and started rolling it up.

Same thing, I had to try and take strand by strand of it , and I was having so much trouble I started crying and my father came into my room and tried to help me but most of it was pratically impossible to unravel so he lost patience and grabbed the scissors and cut the rest off !!!

Gia11
June 14th, 2022, 03:54 AM
This is more a story about what got stuck IN my hair rather than where my hair got stuck, but long ago when I had mid back length or waist length hair, I was sitting in the backseat of a car. The driver was smoking and flicked the butt out the window. But it flew back into my window and lodged in my hair. It took a minute for me to realize where the burning smell was coming from :( It burned off a chunk of my hair. I thought it was funny at the time, but if it happened to me today now that I'm actually taking care of my hair and trying to grow it, I think I might murder someone.

This is kind of funny but not. I feel you.

Sarahlabyrinth
June 14th, 2022, 09:35 AM
I just remembered this (thinking about school chairs). There was a girl in my class with the loveliest thick long dark brown hair, about hip length. One day she had it in a single braid. There was a boy sitting behind her and he made the very dumb decision to superglue her braid to the back of her chair. That - did not end well. She lost a lot of length as a fair amount of her braid had to be cut off to free her.

dancedance
June 14th, 2022, 09:51 AM
I just remembered this (thinking about school chairs). There was a girl in my class with the loveliest thick long dark brown hair, about hip length. One day she had it in a single braid. There was a boy sitting behind her and he made the very dumb decision to superglue her braid to the back of her chair. That - did not end well. She lost a lot of length as a fair amount of her braid had to be cut off to free her.

Oh my... This hurts to read... And the worst thing is that, thinking back, I probably wouldn't have even been angry if this had happened to me in school. Just sad and embarrassed, because it was so normalized to me that boys would not respect my boundaries.

Dark40
June 14th, 2022, 10:56 AM

Yes, that does hurts to read, and that was very mean of that boy to do that to that girl's long dark hair. It was probably beautiful too. I'm so very sorry she had to lose a lot of length to free her hair. I know some people say, "Hair is just hair, and it will grow back," but when you have slow growing hair that's very hard to cope with to wait until your hair grow back.

foreveryours
June 14th, 2022, 11:13 AM

That reminds me, wicker-backed chairs are murder on hair!

lapis_lazuli
June 14th, 2022, 11:40 AM
Ugh. This gives me flashbacks to when I was 8 and a kid in my class stuck a bunch of burrs in my hair. This was before my hair was really long, but they were a nightmare to remove. I really should be more careful when taking photos with my hair loose out in nature. Imagining that happening now... shudder:

Right now my hair gets caught most often on door handles. There's one by the mirror where I sometimes put my hair up. Every time...

Oh, and my feet. But that one I'm supposed to be happy about :)

lapis_lazuli
June 14th, 2022, 11:49 AM

:disbelief That is terrifying. Oh my God. I'd be right there with ya! :hatchet:

SandyBottom
June 15th, 2022, 02:31 AM
Ugh. This gives me flashbacks to when I was 8 and a kid in my class stuck a bunch of burrs in my hair. This was before my hair was really long, but they were a nightmare to remove. I really should be more careful when taking photos with my hair loose out in nature. Imagining that happening now... shudder:

Right now my hair gets caught most often on door handles. There's one by the mirror where I sometimes put my hair up. Every time...

Oh, and my feet. But that one I'm supposed to be happy about :)

This brought back memories of my childhood dog. She had longish fur and I loved to brush it (go figure). She used to get those burrs stuck in her flank hair and they were a terror to remove!

Taliesyn
June 15th, 2022, 03:24 AM
For me the worst time was when I was sleeping in a tent and my hair got very tangled and stuck to velcro that was part of the tent's construction.
When I woke up I could only move my head a little bit and started panicking. It took at least half an hour to get it unstuck as I must have been tossing and turning over it in my sleep and those tiny velcro hooks kept grabbing hair strands. Anyway, a friend was there helping me and I recovered most of my hair though it was properly roughed up at that point.

Pouncequick
June 16th, 2022, 06:42 AM
Well, I bent down to rescue my robot vacuum while brushing my hair and got a strand caught in it. That was hilariously predictable and I ended up laughing at myself for being that silly. It was a learning experience at least. Put your hair up before rescuing free roaming vacuums if it puddles on the floor when you bend over.

baanoo
June 16th, 2022, 08:27 PM
I wouldn’t so much say “caught” as “totally attacked by” my kitten, who thinks her Maman’s hair is so exciting and wonderful especially when she’s sleeping and/or flipping it over to put up

PeonyBlue
June 19th, 2022, 04:35 AM
OMG he,he,he!:p What happened to you bought memories of a similar incident I had at about 13 , with a round brush designed for the fringe but that I decided to use on my lenght and started rolling it up.

Same thing, I had to try and take strand by strand of it , and I was having so much trouble I started crying and my father came into my room and tried to help me but most of it was pratically impossible to unravel so he lost patience and grabbed the scissors and cut the rest off !!!

We must be hair sisters! I thought I was the only one! I blame the 80s and the big hair trend.

Gia11
June 19th, 2022, 11:48 AM
We must be hair sisters! I thought I was the only one! I blame the 80s and the big hair trend.

He,he,he:D

LongLocke
July 13th, 2022, 04:53 PM
I’m ordering fast food today, and somehow the tips of my bangs got caught by the seatbelt and trapped on the anchor point on th b-pillar. I had no clue until i was done ordering and couldn’t sit back in my seat

Gibson_Girl
July 13th, 2022, 07:14 PM
The car door.
Every. Single. Time.

Spiffyhink
July 13th, 2022, 07:56 PM
Baanoo, I've had the same problem with my cats! When my ginger cat was a kitten, he would watch the tail end of my braid swing around and then launch himself at me with claws fully out...right into my butt! After hearing my yelps a few times he learned not to do that.

He did once try to walk off with it too...he grabbed my braid in his mouth and tried to take it into the next room. He got a few steps away from the chair and then was real confused about why he couldn't pull it any further...

Dumb cat, lol

DancingDragon
July 23rd, 2022, 11:21 AM
I've just gotten to the length where my hair is starting to get caught in random things. One day when removing my seatbelt my hair was swooped up into the belt mechanism and I had to fight to get it back. Most nights I have to wear my hair in a bun while sleeping under a satin cap. If I try to leave my hair in a ponytail or down, my husband will roll onto it in the night and pin me to the bed, waking me up :lol: It sure is nice to get to this stage though. Been growing for 5 years now and I believe my hair is the longest it has been in my life.

mermaid lullaby
July 23rd, 2022, 11:12 PM
Door knobs

aloewurly
July 23rd, 2022, 11:17 PM
As a kid my hair would always get caught on the metal pieces in my school's chairs. It was impossible to detangle them free, it just ripped those hairs out. I loathed it!

slythwolf
July 24th, 2022, 07:21 AM
I used to be on this board years ago before I got divorced and, around the same time, chopped off my ftl hair to do the vintage pin curl thing on the daily.

Mid last week I hopped back on here looking for hair toy links and spruced up my profile because I'm back and I'm growing to tailbone this time around.

Friday on the way home from the doctor I shut my apl hair in the car door for the first time in years and I had a little bit of nostalgia and knew I had to post about it on here. :D

Dark40
July 29th, 2022, 07:59 PM
Mine gets caught in my car's seatbelt and also in my purse strap.

Ada-banana
July 31st, 2022, 12:42 PM
Twice in people's hand. They give me a hug because I'm going through a lot right now and then their hand keeps sticking in my curls and they jank my hair from my scalp. I can't be angry, they are sweeties.

My boyfriend rubs my hair against my clothes when hugging me, still haven't got the guts to make him hair conscious, I want him to hug me freely. One hair anxious person in the relationship is enough.

Todd
July 31st, 2022, 05:19 PM
I was at the dentist and they needed to X-ray my teeth.... To do that they place a padded mat kind of thing over my chest and they secure it in place with velcro. Naturally some hair got caught in the velcro, fortunately just a few strands I think. The technician was at first horrified that she'd yanked out some of my hair, and then oddly fascinated that the hairs were 30 inches long!

LongLocke
July 31st, 2022, 05:57 PM
I was at the dentist and they needed to X-ray my teeth.... To do that they place a padded mat kind of thing over my chest and they secure it in place with velcro. Naturally some hair got caught in the velcro, fortunately just a few strands I think. The technician was at first horrified that she'd yanked out some of my hair, and then oddly fascinated that the hairs were 30 inches long!

That's a lead vest. To keep errant x-rays from passing through your torso.

I had a similar experience recently with a surgeon. They had to do remove some tissue off the top of my ear, and it was a trial and error process. Between each trial, they would bandage me up since it was like a 20+ minute wait, and my whispy hair on my temple kept getting in the way of the tape. Even after getting home and doing at home bandage changes, it was a PITA dealing with hair getting caught in the tape constantly :\

sipnsun
August 2nd, 2022, 05:19 PM
Mine just got caught in the hose reel while watering my plants this evening. I had it in a braid and was looking at my neighbor's dog while winding the hose and my braid rolled up under the hose until it pulled and I stopped. Last week I wore it down for a date with hubby (he loves it down) and as I was closing the car door the wind sucked some of my hair out and I shut it on it unknowingly. Ripped out quit a few strands when I leaned over to put my purse in the backseat ugh. I dropped the wad of pulled out hair on my husband's lap and said this is why I wear it up all the time!

Ellethwyn
August 3rd, 2022, 11:12 PM
Leaf blower! So dangerous for long hair.

tuanyiji
August 4th, 2022, 05:30 PM
The gold ring gifted by my late grandmother, I want the ring to stay on my finger forever in memory of her. I hope I can reshape it though.

SandyBottom
August 5th, 2022, 03:01 AM
The thorns of a rose bush while weeding! It was in a bun but they got me from above.

Ellethwyn
August 7th, 2022, 12:23 AM
The thorns of a rose bush while weeding! It was in a bun but they got me from above.

Ouch! This happens to me, too!:blossom: My hair gets caught on all kinds of plants in the garden, bunned or not.

Ellethwyn
August 7th, 2022, 12:23 AM

Ouch! This happens to me, too!:blossom: My hair gets caught on all kinds of plants in the garden, bunned or not.

Butterfly Blue
October 16th, 2022, 06:40 PM
My beaded, elastic bracelet…between the beads. So annoying!! Also, it gets caught in the cap when I’m twisting it back on my supplement bottle :-(

Sunrise_runner
November 9th, 2022, 09:06 AM
I had a dental cleaning recently and my hair got completely caught in the lead vest they put on me while taking x-rays. The hygienist had to hold the vest while I got my hair out of the velcro.

LilViktorian
November 10th, 2022, 01:56 PM
I aallllllways sleep with my hair in a loose bun/braid/anything but the moment that I forget/am too lazy for that, it gets caught under my boyfriend. Sigh... it's all his fault of course.

Finda
November 12th, 2022, 02:59 PM
I was blowdrying my hair a couple of days ago when my hairdryer fell to the floor. I hardly ever use it, but I didn't want to go to bed with mt hair wet. So the grille on the back fell off. I bend down to pick it up in a moment of stupidity because I totally forgot about my hair. The motor was still running and a significant strand of hair was caught in the fan. I had to cut it off with nail scissors, because I didn't have anything sharper at hand.

Hellebore
November 12th, 2022, 11:18 PM
I frequently trap my hair in my armpit and kind of trap myself when I'm trying to sleep. I wear a braid now to stop that from happening.

Iyashikei
November 13th, 2022, 02:26 AM
Lately it tends to get stuck in my chair. If I move my head the wrong way the only option is making an attempt at getting it out of the cracks between the wood without damaging it.

kikuhoshi
November 13th, 2022, 05:23 AM
I buttoned my hair into the waistband of my pants (trousers, not underclothes) the other day. Just "look down, adjust to proper placement, zip&button, look up, *look up*, I SAID LOOK UP WHAT IS TUGGING ON MY oh, hold on, must free my hair". I never wear my hair down while getting dressed, but the other day I misplaced my hair clip for a few moments so I thought I was fine. I was not. :magic:

Jools69
November 13th, 2022, 05:54 AM
Glasses, zips (clothing, wallet, bags), hotel hairdryer, and hook and eyes on my sports bra.

I’m sure there’s a lot more I could add to the list!

LongLocke
November 13th, 2022, 06:15 AM
I was blowdrying my hair a couple of days ago when my hairdryer fell to the floor. I hardly ever use it, but I didn't want to go to bed with mt hair wet. So the grille on the back fell off. I bend down to pick it up in a moment of stupidity because I totally forgot about my hair. The motor was still running and a significant strand of hair was caught in the fan. I had to cut it off with nail scissors, because I didn't have anything sharper at hand.

This happens with me and the vacuum cleaner now. The wand is stored facing up and it turns on when the vacuum is locked upright. Once it started being a regular thing, hair was no longer allowed to be down while vacuuming.

GoatLady
November 13th, 2022, 07:38 AM
The zipper of my jacket.

foreveryours
November 13th, 2022, 10:20 AM
Tied into shoelaces

SandyBottom
November 19th, 2022, 08:26 PM
The headboard of my bed

maborosi
November 19th, 2022, 08:29 PM
Let's see...

Zippers, jeans, pockets, and the worst one- the car door. Yeeesh that one always hurts!!

Frida177
November 20th, 2022, 12:20 PM
Oh my glasses definitely, I think I have a section of my hair that is constantly glasses hinge length.

Frida177
November 20th, 2022, 12:23 PM
That is impressive, swinging into the oven.. extra flavour.. lol

Frida177
November 20th, 2022, 12:26 PM
Oh yes.. "in" the hair. I dip it in food all the time!
And in my childhood.. so much gum.. so much!

mochichichi
November 21st, 2022, 02:59 PM
My watch band gets caught in my hair regularly enough that I've started to develop the habit of fixing my hair with my other hand. I've considered changing the band but it's perfectly good and I hate to throw out totally functional things.

KwaveT
November 22nd, 2022, 07:26 AM
Last couple of times it happened is with our puppy English bulldog. She likes trying to go after my hair. She is not clamped down on my hair though.

RadioactiveLily
November 23rd, 2022, 09:00 PM
It's door handles most often these days. Glasses when I used to wear them, baby hands too.

Trip
November 23rd, 2022, 10:16 PM
The car window, my computer chair and under my bf's elbow:rolleyes:

lithostoic
November 26th, 2022, 03:53 PM
Zipper of a dress, a few minutes ago :) Thankfully I get to trim in a month because that definitely gave me some split ends.

mochichichi
November 30th, 2022, 09:23 PM
I zipped the end of my braid in my jacket like... three times... in a row.

Glitch
November 30th, 2022, 09:47 PM
I zipped the end of my braid in my jacket like... three times... in a row.

I did the same thing the other day! It makes me cringe a lot, ugh, I try to be less clumsy!

mochichichi
December 1st, 2022, 06:18 AM
I did the same thing the other day! It makes me cringe a lot, ugh, I try to be less clumsy!

Yeah, I cringed with my Whole Body and gingerly unzipped only to do it again immediately after.

Joyful Mystery
December 1st, 2022, 04:01 PM
I have to take my wedding ring off before I fix my hair because my hair tends to get caught in it.

SandyBottom
December 1st, 2022, 06:06 PM
It got caught in a hanging fern today and I could hear snapping (from my hair, not the plant)!

AmaryllisRed
December 1st, 2022, 06:28 PM
I have to take my wedding ring off before I fix my hair because my hair tends to get caught in it.

Engagement ring for me, but SO MUCH THIS. I can't do French or Dutch braids without it getting caught, so I usually take it off.

baanoo
December 1st, 2022, 06:33 PM

Sammmmmmmmmme, my rings have to come off

lapis_lazuli
December 1st, 2022, 06:50 PM
My sister wears 1-2 rings on every finger and thumb and I don't know how she touches her hair like that. I don't even wear nail polish anymore, the slightest snag irks me so much (granted, I only finger-detangle but still :o)

AmaryllisRed
December 2nd, 2022, 08:32 AM
My sister wears 1-2 rings on every finger and thumb and I don't know how she touches her hair like that. I don't even wear nail polish anymore, the slightest snag irks me so much (granted, I only finger-detangle but still :o)

I have noticed as soon as my polish starts to chip, it starts catching in my hair. I hate it... but not enough to stop doing my nails. :)

tuanyiji
December 2nd, 2022, 09:20 AM
Even though my hair is in bun/braid 99% of the time, I am so suspicious of anything that my hair might catch on that I often have to put on my sleep bonnet before I strip or put on garments (zippers, buttons, even the statics from the sweater are vicious now that winter is here). I don’t even want to wear a necklace or clip-on earrings anymore.

bluejaysierra
December 7th, 2022, 06:53 AM
I wear enamel pins on my vest for work, and when my hair is in a side braid it ALWAYS gets caught on those pins!! Grrr. I've resorted to only wearing my hair up or braiding it back as to not have it draped over my shoulder. My pins are special :)

Hellebore
December 7th, 2022, 08:53 AM
Recently my hair got caught in my knitting. I have no idea how I didn't notice it but it was a lowkey pain to get out.

SandyBottom
December 8th, 2022, 01:02 AM
Recently my hair got caught in my knitting. I have no idea how I didn't notice it but it was a lowkey pain to get out.

Oh, that IS a pain to get out! I used to do that sometimes.

ETJ CURLS
October 30th, 2023, 07:35 PM
I always forget that hair can get caught places because my shrinkage means it sits at my shoulders no matter how long it gets.

It's a shocking and unpleasant experience when I straighten it and suddenly my purse straps are the enemy. The back of the chair is the enemy. Small children and their cute grabby little hands are the enemy. Long dangly earrings are the enemy. Clothes are the enemy. (Especially the clasps on formal dresses right above the zipper.) :blueeek:

embee
November 4th, 2023, 05:09 PM
I have noticed (now that it's getting cold again) that my fuzzy jacket seems to attract any shed hairs - under the arms of the jacket, in the armpit area. Kinda gross. I'm sure static cling in the cold dry air is not helping with this. The puzzle is that I *always* have my hair in an updo so where are the sheds coming from when I wear the jacket????

Shorty89
November 4th, 2023, 06:22 PM
I have noticed (now that it's getting cold again) that my fuzzy jacket seems to attract any shed hairs - under the arms of the jacket, in the armpit area. Kinda gross. I'm sure static cling in the cold dry air is not helping with this. The puzzle is that I *always* have my hair in an updo so where are the sheds coming from when I wear the jacket????

The laundry, maybe? I used to have a hoody like that.