PDA

View Full Version : DH is a convert!!!!!!

Fencai
November 15th, 2008, 04:23 PM
My DH has announced to me today that he has decided that he wants to grow his hair long!!!

As long as we have been together (almost 9 years now- married for three) he has gotten his head shaved once a month! He's been going through a "im trying to find myself" phase for a while and I told him that he had to make all decisions. That I wanted him to be him.

I said, "you need a hair cut. I can't believe how long it is.".
he said "Ive decided to let it grow. Something different. Hasnt been long since I was 16. I want to be a Metal God again. You can show me how to do it right."

:eyebrows:

:toast: so, everyone here's to another convert, and please send good energies his way.... he's starting from a buzz cut. Its about 1/2" long atm...

joyfulmom4
November 15th, 2008, 04:32 PM
Wish him well for me. And invite him to come join the fun at LHC.

karenpetal
November 15th, 2008, 04:33 PM
Good Luck - get him on LHC too :)

30isthenewblack
November 15th, 2008, 04:48 PM
That's sweet. It's nice that your partner shares for passion for long hair. Happy growing together :smile:

mellie
November 15th, 2008, 04:59 PM
Yay!!! That's awesome!!

Mishka_84
November 15th, 2008, 07:52 PM
(snip) I want to be a Metal God again. (snip)

Lol, too cute! Good luck with it! Glad you and DH have something new to share! :)

RoseRedDead
November 15th, 2008, 08:24 PM
Yay for Metal Gods! Show him the path, Fencai, show him the path!!

Tell him all the gals at LHC are rootin' for him. ;)

RavennaNight
November 15th, 2008, 09:10 PM
Yay! Mine has mentioned growing on occasion, but won't because he absolutely has no tolerance for the "awkward stage." (he's coarse, thick, and very wavy)

kwaniesiam
November 15th, 2008, 09:12 PM
Yay, congrats! :cheer: Get him to join, or at least read up on the forums with you occasionally to help find him a routine that works for his hair type.

winter_star
November 15th, 2008, 09:15 PM
Best of luck! How exciting for the both of you. :cheese:

DesM
November 15th, 2008, 10:43 PM
Fencai, that is soooo cool!
Good luck to you both on your long hair journey together.

Both of us are members here, but opposite to you, it was me who joined first, then after some time, my wife joined too. Lol.

Fencai
November 16th, 2008, 06:17 AM
heee heee! Thanks everyone! He's read some of the articles, and once he's out of his current product, we're going on the find a good routine mission for him! I promised to help him through the awkward stage since I had been there a couple times and done it wrong, and know what I wished someone would have helped me out with!!!

he said he might join up too!

Dreamernz
November 16th, 2008, 06:50 AM
awww, good luck to you both!:D

neon-dream
November 16th, 2008, 06:54 AM
Good luck for him :)!!
Yay gor converts!!
hee
xxx

Vitalai
November 16th, 2008, 09:38 PM
Yay! :cheer: That is awesome! Happy growing together!

Gumball
November 16th, 2008, 09:49 PM
That's awesome! He'll have some great guidance. :) He's got all of our support, too!

Angellen
November 17th, 2008, 01:02 AM
Congrats! It'll be really interesting to see his progress. Should be a lot of fun!

BunnyBee
November 17th, 2008, 02:02 AM
Yay! I'm happy for you hehe :) I wish my bf would join here, he wants his hair long already but he needs to learn to take care of it better. It's painful to hear all those breaking hairs when he brushes :( like nails on a blackboard to me lol
He did let me henna it tho :D

bte
November 17th, 2008, 07:15 AM
Good luck - have lots of hair fun together.

Fencai
November 17th, 2008, 10:45 AM
thanks again!

We'll have fun Im sure :) Im excited to see what it looks like! ive never seen him with more hair than what he has now! it will be a BIG change!

thanks everyone!!

missbexy
November 18th, 2008, 02:43 PM
Good luck :)
I'm sure you'll find he has a growth rate to make you jealous. My bf started growing about two yrs ago from a buzz. In that time i think i've gained about 3 inches and he now has shoulder/just past shoulder curls!
Hope you enjoy having a LH DH

tiggens
November 19th, 2008, 01:06 PM
Good luck to you and your hubs! It will be an interesting way to bond.

My partner and I both have very short hair. Last night I suggested that we grow our hair out together and he agreed! I have a weakness for the long-haired fellows and, of course, right before we met he shaved off his butt-length hair. The grow out rules are: I can't pout if his hair grows faster than mine and I have to agree to shave his head if his scalp gets too itchy.

Which brings me to my next question: Could anyone direct me to a good thread addressing growing/caring for long hair for people who are dandruff prone?

DavidN
November 19th, 2008, 01:36 PM
That is wonderful news to hear, Fencai, and all the best in his hair growing journey!:cheer:

lora410
November 19th, 2008, 02:15 PM
Just wait till we get him addicted to toys :eyebrows:

Arniky
November 21st, 2008, 04:43 AM
nice to try out longhair
hope it gets to a comfortable long length - imagine waist length and below!
how will it be?