PDA

View Full Version : 3 months after my haircut, the natural texture is back

PetitOiseau
May 7th, 2022, 07:32 AM
Hello everyone, I made a post a while ago about cutting my hair because it was really damaged.

I cut it between ear length and neck length, my hair 3 months after my cut is almost at shoulders length in the back and chin length at the front.

I also noticed that my natural hair texture that is naturally a 1B, (it was 1A before because it was really damaged), so straight with a little "S" wave shape is coming back after a lot of years of damaged and frizzy hair.

I learned that I needed to avoid the blow dryer because it leaves my hair frizzy and extremely electric.

I also stopped warm water and I am also 1 year dye free, I plan to let my natural dark brown hair grow.

The "S" shape that is in my hair is only showing up fully at APL and it starts to curl up in the back when it hits the bottom of my neck x)

I am also not really active on this forum because I don't really know what to say.
I am not really good at finding things to say and socializing.

But here is a pic of my hair now :)

Have a good day !

https://imgur.com/a/5BHb2jg

Deborah
May 7th, 2022, 12:01 PM
Great job! Your hair looks wonderfully healthy now.:flower:

FaeBroom
May 7th, 2022, 07:02 PM
Such a nice thick hemline! Here's to new beginnings, must feel nice to be almost damage free! :bottomsup:

Lady Stardust
May 8th, 2022, 02:18 AM
Your hair looks so healthy! It must be gratifying after cutting it back. A fresh start has given you great results, congratulations! :)

SandyBottom
May 8th, 2022, 09:47 AM
Your hair has a nice shine and very healthy looking hemline. It looks like you're off to a great start! Happy growing!

MusicalSpoons
May 8th, 2022, 11:05 AM
Very nice! If you're noticing S shapes then it will be worth doing a hairtyping again with some more length because sometimes waves don't show up until hair is longer. But 1b hair does not have any S shape going on ;) so it will be interesting to see what texture your healthy hair turns out to be :)

Happy growing!

lapushka
May 8th, 2022, 12:55 PM
Congrats. Also, maybe you're not looking for advice, but you don't need to wash with cold water; in fact, better that you don't because warm water washes away the detergents much better, leaving your hair cleaner.

If you get oilier faster or your hair doesn't come out clean enough, or as clean as it could... it's the water temperature. Warm water is still better if you wash with common detergents. Just my 2cts.

sipnsun
May 9th, 2022, 05:17 AM
Wow, it's so pretty and shiny! I wish I had done what you did and cut off my damage for a fresh start. Now at almost hip length the damage makes my ends so thin and see through that I have to trim pretty regularly so I never seem to get anywhere. It's crazy how even us 1a's can develop a little s-pattern when our hair is treated right. I would have never believed I had some natural wave until the past couple of years when I gave up bleach and blow drying! Good luck, sounds like you are set up for success!