PDA

View Full Version : Post braid frizz

NikitaJane
May 1st, 2022, 10:19 AM
So, I tend to wear my hair loose for the first day or two after washing, then I usually do a scalp wash around day 3. I sometimes braid my hair at night or if I'm going out and it's windy. The problem is that once I take out the braid I have braid waves which just turn to frizz once I brush with my tangle teezer, which I have to do to avoid ridiculous tangles (I tried a wide tooth wooden comb too, that doesn't seem to help, I have also tried adding a little oil). Is there any way to avoid this post braid frizz, without having to wet the ends of my hair again?

(My hair is usually a bit frizzy anyway, because it has a bit of wave which is pulled out by the length and water weight when washing, I have tried the CGM/WGM but it's not for me, so I usually just wash, condition, leave in and oil on my full wash days.)

lapushka
May 1st, 2022, 10:25 AM
That's the "issue" for people with waves/curls as well; you brush it out? That's where your problems start. If you brush it out at all, I would lightly mist it with a spray bottle (don't saturate it!) and just lightly mist then put a serum or leave-in on.

alewyn
May 1st, 2022, 12:30 PM
I second lapushka--brushing out any kind of texture usually results in a loss of definition. Misting with a spray bottle is a good option if you do feel you absolutely have to brush it after taking out of the braid, though I'd recommend thoroughly detangling before braiding, and then leaving it be when you take it out of the braid. That should keep the amount of tangles you have after unbraiding to a minimum--you could probably still gently finger detangle any noticeable problem spots without losing a lot of definition, and otherwise be good to go.