PDA

View Full Version : Hip+ in my 40s Quest

Bat
April 25th, 2022, 05:44 AM
Topic title change to give me more growth time and to make it more inclusive to others wanting to join me
Formally waist + before I'm 40 quest
Here's to growing!

paulownia
April 25th, 2022, 06:07 AM
I thought you were much younger :D
Good luck with your quest!

TatsuOni
April 25th, 2022, 08:04 AM
You can do it Bat! :cheer:

Aunt Rapunzel
April 25th, 2022, 07:12 PM
Good luck, Bat!

spidermom
April 25th, 2022, 08:22 PM
I think 3 years will probably get you close to waist, especially if you can resist doing something spontaneously damaging to your hair.

My goal is no trimming/cutting until I'm age 70. Unbelievably, that's less than 2 years away. I'm right about hip length now.

Bat
April 26th, 2022, 01:07 AM
I thought you were much younger :D
Good luck with your quest!
Lucky genes I guess! Thank you

You can do it Bat! :cheer:

Good luck, Bat!

Thank you!

I think 3 years will probably get you close to waist, especially if you can resist doing something spontaneously damaging to your hair.

My goal is no trimming/cutting until I'm age 70. Unbelievably, that's less than 2 years away. I'm right about hip length now.

Here's hoping lol, good luck to you as well!

lapushka
April 27th, 2022, 03:57 PM
Well, the wig(s) really suit you, lengthwise, so now it's kinda figuring out how to get from point A to B without kicking yourself in the shin every couple months. LOL ;)

Bat
April 27th, 2022, 04:07 PM
True story lol

ExpectoPatronum
April 27th, 2022, 07:16 PM
Bat - you totally got this. The key is going to be keeping your hair in really good condition so you don't have to trim anything away! If you don't hit the milestone, you'll definitely be close. I grew from APL to waist in about two years. You have a month and a year extra! I believe in you :D

Maddy25
April 27th, 2022, 07:44 PM
I'm totally down to join. Waist is my goal, I'm 34 right now it'd be nice to have it by the time I graduate from my bachelor program 🌈 I think I'm like... Armpit levelish right now.

Bat
April 28th, 2022, 05:16 AM
Bat - you totally got this. The key is going to be keeping your hair in really good condition so you don't have to trim anything away! If you don't hit the milestone, you'll definitely be close. I grew from APL to waist in about two years. You have a month and a year extra! I believe in you :D

I'll try my best!

Bat
April 28th, 2022, 05:18 AM
I'm totally down to join. Waist is my goal, I'm 34 right now it'd be nice to have it by the time I graduate from my bachelor program 🌈 I think I'm like... Armpit levelish right now.

You'll beat me to there, I'm no where near armpit length myself this goal is more wishful thinking on my part haha but let's do this.

momof3mary
April 28th, 2022, 07:21 AM
I'll be 41 on Monday, so I'm rooting for you from the other side of 40🎉🎉🎉

rosenester
April 28th, 2022, 10:42 AM
I am turning 37 in June & looking forward to having waist + virgin hair by the time I turn 40!

I have much more growth than you currently, but with a historically slow growth rate, it could take me 3 years to get there potentially. Hopefully we get there!

Bat
April 28th, 2022, 01:57 PM
I'll be 41 on Monday, so I'm rooting for you from the other side of 40🎉🎉🎉
Yay!

I am turning 37 in June & looking forward to having waist + virgin hair by the time I turn 40!

I have much more growth than you currently, but with a historically slow growth rate, it could take me 3 years to get there potentially. Hopefully we get there!

Good luck to you too!

olivetime
April 28th, 2022, 04:37 PM
Ooooo I like it. I'll join even though I haven't thought much about having waist length hair before. I'm 36 in July.

Bat
April 28th, 2022, 05:59 PM
Ooooo I like it. I'll join even though I haven't thought much about having waist length hair before. I'm 36 in July.

Yay more company

Kyamo
April 28th, 2022, 07:59 PM
Me too. I'm 37 and at APL, so I should be at waist by 40. I figure about 1.5 years.

Jane99
April 28th, 2022, 09:38 PM
I’ve got 3.5 years to 40. Might be nearing my thighs by then. You can do it Bat!

squirrrel
April 29th, 2022, 12:10 AM
I hope this all goes well for you all.

Spidermom, I would never have guessed you were so close to 70. I hope you get there with your no trimming until then plan.

I’m happy to check in and wave everyone on. I’m still reaching for mid thigh length: I should get there this year and I turn 40 in December so I should be able to do that as long as I don’t do anything silly. I’m thinking I might maintain for a year or two, see how I get on with that (hair will hopefully be slightly longer than fingertips so that’s something to learn about in its own right) and then possibly aim for knee by 45? That’s what my current thinking is but it is hard to know if I shall still be thinking this way in five years time…

Bat
April 29th, 2022, 01:24 AM
Me too. I'm 37 and at APL, so I should be at waist by 40. I figure about 1.5 years.
You can do it!

I’ve got 3.5 years to 40. Might be nearing my thighs by then. You can do it Bat!

That's exciting I hope you make it to mid thigh. That length is my next major goal after hip

Arciela
April 29th, 2022, 08:38 AM
Good luck Bat! I believe in you :flower:

Bat
April 29th, 2022, 03:21 PM
Good luck Bat! I believe in you :flower:
Thank youuu

Abacus
April 29th, 2022, 03:53 PM
I'm joining! I've got 6 years until I'm 40, so I'm hoping I'll be at waist and beyond.
Also bat, you've got this, all you need to do is not cut it :)

Bat
April 30th, 2022, 02:45 PM
I'm joining! I've got 6 years until I'm 40, so I'm hoping I'll be at waist and beyond.
Also bat, you've got this, all you need to do is not cut it :)

Or kill it with bleach haha, good luck to you too :D

Outmoded
May 1st, 2022, 06:43 AM
I thought you were much younger as well, but I am one to talk; I was still getting ID’d at 30 because no one was sure if I was 18 yet, heh heh. Also, I agree with lapuska, the wigs suit you very well. Good luck on your quest!

I would join, but I hit forty in less than a month’s time, so, I already know I shall fail in reaching waist by then. I feel like I should set a goal for my un-abused hair to reach waist/hip, rather than my hair in general, that way I can finally cut off the dye frazzled part without losing anything off my goal length. Recon I could manage the hair now at my shoulders reaching hip in three years?

Kathie
May 1st, 2022, 04:32 PM
Firstly, I like that this is a "quest" brings to mind the thought of setting out on an adventure.

I wish I could join, but at 41 I'm afriad I cant travel with you. However, I will be questing towards waist+ too. I hope to meet you all there.

Bat
May 1st, 2022, 09:18 PM
I thought you were much younger as well, but I am one to talk; I was still getting ID’d at 30 because no one was sure if I was 18 yet, heh heh. Also, I agree with lapuska, the wigs suit you very well. Good luck on your quest!

I would join, but I hit forty in less than a month’s time, so, I already know I shall fail in reaching waist by then. I feel like I should set a goal for my un-abused hair to reach waist/hip, rather than my hair in general, that way I can finally cut off the dye frazzled part without losing anything off my goal length. Recon I could manage the hair now at my shoulders reaching hip in three years?

I say anything is possible ^_^

Firstly, I like that this is a "quest" brings to mind the thought of setting out on an adventure.

I wish I could join, but at 41 I'm afriad I cant travel with you. However, I will be questing towards waist+ too. I hope to meet you all there.

Maybe I should get the title changed to hip in my 40s quest so it's more inclusive :D

Kathie
May 2nd, 2022, 02:54 PM
Oh- you did change it!! Thank's, thats nice of you. Ok- let the quest begin!

Bat
May 2nd, 2022, 04:18 PM
Oh- you did change it!! Thank's, thats nice of you. Ok- let the quest begin!

More joined than expected so thought I'd change it :D let's gooo

olivetime
May 4th, 2022, 07:13 AM
Hip now?!?! Okay, let's see what happens...

Bat
May 4th, 2022, 03:36 PM
Hip now?!?! Okay, let's see what happens...

Yeah but 13 years to get there instead of 3 in my forties xD maybe I should have said classic lol

Abacus
May 12th, 2022, 02:31 PM
Ohhh we're going to hip now? Heck yeah. I'm in.

Bat
May 12th, 2022, 03:56 PM
Ohhh we're going to hip now? Heck yeah. I'm in.

Yep but we have until the day before we turn 50 to achieve it so plenty of time! Honestly I'd hope to be past knee in 13 years

patchoulilove
May 12th, 2022, 09:11 PM
I'm in! Love this thread idea. Literally earlier this week, I had similar thoughts about hair goals into 40s. Excited to be growing with everyone
:blossom:
patchoulilove

Bat
May 13th, 2022, 02:39 AM
I'm in! Love this thread idea. Literally earlier this week, I had similar thoughts about hair goals into 40s. Excited to be growing with everyone
:blossom:
patchoulilove
Yay more people, just what I like to see

olivetime
May 17th, 2022, 04:51 AM
I measured and was surprised to see that hip for me is at 34 inches, that feels so do able?!

I've informed my husband I'm going for Hip by 40 and he supports, as he himself is growing for a Wizard class beard. We shall be hairy together ♡

Outmoded
May 17th, 2022, 10:47 AM
Excellent. Onwards to hip-length hair! olivetime, will your husband be joining us, aiming for a hip-length beard? That would pretty epic.

clairenewcastle
May 17th, 2022, 03:29 PM
I found that my hair grew as rapidly in my 40's as it did when I was younger. In fact my growth rate increased during those years for I looked after my hair better. I'm in my mid 50's now and my hair is still growing well.

So keep going, the best years are still to come!

Bat
May 26th, 2022, 04:26 AM
It's a good thing I changed the thread I've been doing calculations in 3 years I'd have grown 16.5 inches which only puts me past apl but not quite MBL.

olivetime
May 26th, 2022, 05:17 AM
It's a good thing I changed the thread I've been doing calculations in 3 years I'd have grown 16.5 inches which only puts me past apl but not quite MBL.

Calculations...hmmm. I haven't done that yet, maybe my growth will just be a surprise, haha!

Bat
May 26th, 2022, 03:54 PM
Calculations...hmmm. I haven't done that yet, maybe my growth will just be a surprise, haha!

I thought mine was fast but it's a little below average since 6 Inches a year is considered average ( I grow 5.5 inches a year)

Kyamo
May 26th, 2022, 07:57 PM
I thought mine was fast but it's a little below average since 6 Inches a year is considered average ( I grow 5.5 inches a year)

Mine is about the same rate. It would put me at waist in like 14 months but it will be longer than that since I'm sure I will trim at least once.

Bat
May 27th, 2022, 04:18 AM
Mine is about the same rate. It would put me at waist in like 14 months but it will be longer than that since I'm sure I will trim at least once.

same with me, I will probably trim once I get past cbl to get rid of some layers