PDA

View Full Version : Attention all UK and European oil lovers!

Eryka
November 15th, 2008, 02:04 PM
After many months of searching, a website finally showed up that boasted an impressive list of oils and waxes. It is UK based so no import tax is charged! :cheese: It seemed America had the monopoly on the herbal oils department and I wasn't looking forward to customs charging an already expensive package. Now there's no need to fret!

Ladies and gentlemen, I give you, Aromatic:
http://www.aromantic.co.uk/home.php?cat=2&page=1&sl=US

(To see hair butters look under Fats & Waxes in the list on the left).

Let the enabling begin!:rockerdud

Lady Verity
November 15th, 2008, 02:05 PM
*falls over*

MAKE WAY FOR ME!!!

Eryka
November 15th, 2008, 02:08 PM
*falls over*

MAKE WAY FOR ME!!!

Agreed.

*Curses boyfriend for not being home, making it impossible to steal his credit card*

Lady Verity
November 15th, 2008, 02:10 PM
Thank you thank you thank you for finding this! I've had such a hard time finding coconut oil in this country.

Eryka
November 15th, 2008, 02:14 PM
Thank you thank you thank you for finding this! I've had such a hard time finding coconut oil in this country.

That's odd because coconut oil is one of the most common, I would think. Perhaps its just mixed with a bunch of other stuff.

But yeah, awesome site. I predict in the next 3 or 4 days they are going to get a surge of orders. :D

Unofficial_Rose
November 15th, 2008, 02:15 PM
Oh my goodness, you can make custom products!

That is so exciting. I might make something that smells of pineapple + coconut, e.g. add to the base lotion. Wow :D

So reasonable too. Think their shea is a very good price.

bunnii
November 15th, 2008, 02:17 PM
Um the link opens up a new window with this page :? that can't be right lol

Eryka
November 15th, 2008, 02:19 PM
Um the link opens up a new window with this page :? that can't be right lol

Odd. The link works for a lot of people, apparently. Oh well.

www.aromantic.co.uk is the home. Then look in the long list and click on Vegetable Oils.

Lady Verity
November 15th, 2008, 02:29 PM
Yeah, it was doing that for me too. I just copied the link.

I can't wait to get some coconut oil. Or should that be butter? Is there a difference?

Eryka
November 15th, 2008, 02:35 PM

I can't wait to get some coconut oil. Or should that be butter? Is there a difference?

Yes there is a difference. Coconut butter still has the fatty acids, therefore is denser. Coconut oil has the fatty acids removed, just leaving the oil.

bunnii
November 15th, 2008, 02:38 PM
Odd. The link works for a lot of people, apparently. Oh well.

www.aromantic.co.uk (http://www.aromantic.co.uk) is the home. Then look in the long list and click on Vegetable Oils.

Ah thanks :) i'm quite dense at times :D

Eryka
November 15th, 2008, 02:39 PM
No problem, but be warned. Massive amounts of dangerously good things to buy.

kiora
November 15th, 2008, 02:58 PM
Thanks for sharing!

Eryka
November 15th, 2008, 03:18 PM
Thanks for sharing!

No problem. Og du er så smuk!

Lady Verity
November 16th, 2008, 03:32 AM
Eryka, thanks again so much for posting this. I just ordered a nice big hunk of coconut oil. :D

brunette
November 16th, 2008, 03:51 AM
I've ordered from them in the past, lots of excellent stuff like Sea Silk and D-Panthenol to add to homemade products!
Postage is reasonable and they seem very reliable.

kiora
November 16th, 2008, 04:17 AM
No problem. Og du er så smuk!

Thank you :o:)

Bianca
November 16th, 2008, 04:39 AM
Oh my. I need some recipes. I wouldn't know what to buy :p
And I saw some danish here. Yay... I'm danish too.... :cheese:

LutraLutra
November 16th, 2008, 04:47 AM
Thanks Eryka this looks great, you terrible enabler!

Just_Isabel
November 16th, 2008, 05:59 AM
How cool!
I don't need to buy anything at the moment, but I bookmarked the website. Yay no more customs taxes! :cheese:

jel
November 16th, 2008, 11:19 AM
Thanks for posting about this website!

Another UK-based supplier of a huge range of oils, butters and EOs (as well as other toiletry-making supplies) is The Soap Kitchen (http://www.thesoapkitchen.co.uk/). I've been using them for years.

Eryka
November 16th, 2008, 08:59 PM
Thanks for the link!

LutraLutra
November 17th, 2008, 01:51 PM
Another UK-based supplier of a huge range of oils, butters and EOs (as well as other toiletry-making supplies) is The Soap Kitchen (http://www.thesoapkitchen.co.uk/). I've been using them for years. Thanks for this too, looks interesting.

Comfrey
November 20th, 2008, 07:56 AM
I ordered some organic camelia oil from aromantics on tuesday and it arrived today. Good prices, good service and from what I can tell, really good products!

Thank you Eryka :flowers:

Comfrey
November 20th, 2008, 08:43 AM
I ordered some organic camelia oil from aromantics on tuesday and it arrived today. Good prices, good service and from what I can tell, really good products!

Thank you Eryka :flowers:

even if I did order the wrong oil, I've just realised :rolleyes:

Eryka
November 20th, 2008, 08:53 AM
Might wind up with something you like. Hope it works out.

Loviatar
November 20th, 2008, 09:25 AM
This is awesome. I've been looking for coconut oil that actually smells of coconut for ages. not to mention they sell violet leaf absolute EO :inlove:

Comfrey
November 20th, 2008, 09:26 AM
Might wind up with something you like. Hope it works out.
well apparently its a flax type oil (camelina) so its not doing my hair any harm LOL

aisling
November 20th, 2008, 10:06 AM

They're obviously carrying fractioned coconut oil. What people here usually use is unfractioned coconut oil, the thick stuff this site calls butter :rolleyes: I don't get their need to make things more confusing.

Eryka
November 24th, 2008, 09:24 AM
The coconut thing is confusing, not even getting into the various smells of the different types. Sheesh.

Still loving my Emu. However, I am a fickle woman who is always looking for something better.

(Oh yeah, with hair stuff too. *wink* )