PDA

View Full Version : Sick of my hair getting tangled all the time, any products you recommend?

MintChai
April 15th, 2022, 12:30 PM
Hi, I'm looking for some advice on a good product to detangle my hair. It gets tangled all the time, and I just get upset because I look back on selfies and there's always a knot peeking somewhere out of my hair. Even blowdrying tangles my hair. I think I have it all brushed out, and then the next day, it's a rats' nest. I did some research, and my hair looks like a 2B. When it's tangled, it's clumped together and wispy looking. I use a detangling brush each time I brush, as well as this spray called, "Just a 10", which has a detangling property as well as other things but they aren't working well. So yeah, any tips? My hair is pretty long, about halfway down my back, but I really don't wanna cut it if I don't have to.

Dark40
April 15th, 2022, 12:46 PM
Do you condition your hair after each wash? Also, a detangling product works my long hair wonders! Like, Mane N Tail Detangling Spray.

Bri-Chan
April 15th, 2022, 02:38 PM
Have you tried some wavy/curly styling?
I have wavish and prone to tangles hair too and on me brushing away the texture just makes it tangle more.

Finda
April 15th, 2022, 02:50 PM
Do you have silicones in your shampoo/conditioner/leave in? Even so, when I wear it down, my gets tangled, even matted as well, so I generally keep it up or braided.

aloewurly
April 15th, 2022, 02:55 PM
Keeping it in braided and smoothed down with a silicone or mineral oil product is key for me.

Kerrtu-Kevät
April 15th, 2022, 09:29 PM
A big difference I found was when I started WCC with lots of silicones (My serum has silicone too). It seems like a lot of my tangles were due to dryness so washing more frequently helps with that in my case . I make sure to finger comb very throughly with conditioners too

I also detangle it once and leave it alone until I wash again, it seems counter productive but brushing my hair less creates less tangles.

Shug
April 15th, 2022, 09:30 PM
Try wrapping it in a silk scarf

TatsuOni
April 16th, 2022, 02:30 AM
I recommend Selkie Herbal Detangler from NightBlooming :) https://www.nightblooming.com/product/selkie-herbal-detangler/

This store will not open until the 20th April. She has an Etsy store though, but I recommend buying directly from her own site :)