PDA

View Full Version : dye over copper

catoala
April 14th, 2022, 06:02 PM
hello it's me again as usual 😂

i bought 6.0 dye called dark ash blonde (revlon colorsilk)
i have copper washed out level 8 hair.

will it take on my hair without any issues? since it's darker than what I have now. ty

GordonMurphella
April 15th, 2022, 06:08 AM
In a word, no. I'm going to gently suggest that you reread responses to your previous posts. Colour (dye, that is) just does not work this way on the layers of colour (again, dye) that you already have on your hair. Nobody can tell you what to do, but again, this won't end well.

There are very good professional colourists out there, in almost all areas. If your heart is set on achieving something, may I (again, gently) suggest you read some reviews of colourists in your area and at least have a consult.

Good luck to you

lapushka
April 15th, 2022, 09:33 AM
Pictures say a 1000 words; at this point a picture would at least be useful.

Other than that, I am not a professional colorist, so I won't give any advice (that might end up a disaster). Dyeing is more than just saying hey I have this level here, would this work.

I take it the last time didn't... go well? What happened there?

TatsuOni
April 15th, 2022, 10:19 AM
If you don't want to go to a professional, then at least strand test before doing anything :)

Obsidian
April 15th, 2022, 11:37 AM
Depends on what you mean by issues. Will it color your hair different than what it is now? Yes.
Will it color your hair what it shows on the box, not likely. Copper is tricky to color over. Could turn out a nice darker golden blond, could go black.
You absolutely need to do a strand test, a decently sized one and not just a glob of shed hair from your brush.

Bat
April 15th, 2022, 03:33 PM
Coming from a person who doesn't listen to their own advice but I'm with most of the responses here without a photo we can't tell, book a consultation with a professional you don't even have to actually get it done by them, they just should give you an idea on what will work and depending on where you go consultations are free

Shorty89
April 15th, 2022, 04:22 PM
hello it's me again as usual ��

i bought 6.0 dye called dark ash blonde (revlon colorsilk)
i have copper washed out level 8 hair.

will it take on my hair without any issues? since it's darker than what I have now. ty

I also suggest a picture and maybe make one thread for all your questions? That way you and other posters can reread old comments in an easier way.