PDA

View Full Version : Anyone heard of using ale/beer with your henna?

Für immer
April 2nd, 2022, 02:02 PM
Now, I don't use henna myself so my expierence with it is pretty much nonexistent, but on another community there is someone who asked whether people have attempted to use beer with the henna, and what color they got from that.

So, my question is, is that actually a thing? Just, bnever heard of it before so yeah. thought if anyone would know about it, it would be y'all. ;)

shelomit
April 2nd, 2022, 02:07 PM
New one to me ; D In my family, we use a mixture of black tea, lemon juice, and water.

curly girl fla
April 2nd, 2022, 02:16 PM
Never heard of it or did it, but beer is acidic; I think it would work well. Flat beer is supposed to strengthen the cuticle and make hair shiny.

Für immer
April 2nd, 2022, 02:25 PM
Ok, thank you for your thoughts. so far, the only time I've heard of beer being used was to make hair glossy/shiny, not for this type of thing.

seems the person had read it from a source that, to me, is not reliable.
However what this person wanted was a way to achieve purple hair, by using henna + indigo, which I don't think is possible by doing this.
especially as the person has already black hair from previous henna+indigo combo.

lapushka
April 2nd, 2022, 03:55 PM
Well the beer is not going to touch the color any; if that's a concern.

Dixie Derelict
April 3rd, 2022, 08:25 AM
What Lapushka said is right, for sure. Don't expect ANYTHING in terms of color
BUT
I think beer would be okay as a liquid to mix your henna with; it's just that people usually use quite warm/ hot liquid, and I always think of it as being used flat and room temperature. Guess you could heat it, tho!

Für immer
April 5th, 2022, 03:42 AM
Thank you both.

Yes, didn't think it would work either. Good to have it confirmed from multiple people.

Kat
April 5th, 2022, 04:30 PM
Plus I certainly wouldn't want to go around smelling like beer. *barf*

Für immer
April 7th, 2022, 02:13 PM
Plus I certainly wouldn't want to go around smelling like beer. *barf*

Yeah, me neither.

stephlynette
June 10th, 2022, 05:59 PM
I haven't tried it yet since I'm worried about the smell