PDA

View Full Version : Bats 2nd Year LHC-versary

Bat
April 2nd, 2022, 12:38 AM
So here rolls in 2 years of LHC! I have absolutely nothing to show for my years here im currently completely bald which feels very weird.

I'm trying one last time to grow again so here is to new beginnings.im restarting my 666 days growth project on Instagram as well.

Let's see if I have something to show for it for my next anniversary :D

https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=46919&d=1648813079

September 2021

https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=45982&d=1632190010

lapushka
April 2nd, 2022, 04:29 AM
Oh no. :(

Well it's "only" been 2 years. Who knows, right?

Bat
April 2nd, 2022, 04:44 AM
Oh no. :(

Well it's "only" been 2 years. Who knows, right?

Atleast I don't have scalp issues so that's a good thing xD I definitely don't like iit like this I don't feel like myself.
I threw out all of my bleach.

lapushka
April 2nd, 2022, 05:49 AM
Atleast I don't have scalp issues so that's a good thing xD I definitely don't like iit like this I don't feel like myself.
I threw out all of my bleach.

Yeah, but bleach is fast bought, right? Especially with your degree in cosmetology. You know what helped for me? Really when I got rid of my last dyes, be totally aware of why I was doing it, be conscious in the moment that you are doing it for a valid reason. Then when that urge kicks in to "I'll just buy new dye". You actually remember that moment, if you're honest with yourself and don't want to make impulse win.

Anyway, here's to a new start! :toast:

Bat
April 2nd, 2022, 06:04 AM
Yeah, but bleach is fast bought, right? Especially with your degree in cosmetology. You know what helped for me? Really when I got rid of my last dyes, be totally aware of why I was doing it, be conscious in the moment that you are doing it for a valid reason. Then when that urge kicks in to "I'll just buy new dye". You actually remember that moment, if you're honest with yourself and don't want to make impulse win.

Anyway, here's to a new start! :toast:

I'm not giving up dye completely it's not in my DNA lol but in 2016 I managed to get to apl my problem is I change to often I need to find one Color and stick with it. That's what I need to work on. But I guess time will tell, I have to take it day by day I seen incapable of sticking with goals longer than a week.

Lady Stardust
April 2nd, 2022, 06:07 AM
In the two years you’ve been here, you’ve shown a huge amount of support for other members of the community, so I wouldn’t say you have nothing to show for it.

You’ve also learned a lot about what works and what doesn’t work, for you. You’ve got a lot of data behind you now so you can make a plan and get growing :)

paulownia
April 2nd, 2022, 06:23 AM
I was hovering around shoulder the first 4 years at LHC and was wirtually not able to grow longer due to too frequent trims and cuts. If it makes you feel better;)
It was very frustrating to be in this state of cutting urges but... I got over it. And now I'm headed towards BSL already ;)
Congratulations on the anniversary, Bat. I wish you all your hair dreams ( and personal too) to come true.

lapushka
April 2nd, 2022, 08:30 AM
In the two years you’ve been here, you’ve shown a huge amount of support for other members of the community, so I wouldn’t say you have nothing to show for it.

You’ve also learned a lot about what works and what doesn’t work, for you. You’ve got a lot of data behind you now so you can make a plan and get growing :)

Yes, in my book that counts for something. When I got to this place, I changed up my dye at the snap of my fingers. And people here remained positive, and supportive as well and that's worth something too. I think it's an awesome place here.

It took me 10 years due to x-amount of detours to get to classic length. I had a chin length bob, that's what I started with.

lapis_lazuli
April 2nd, 2022, 09:21 AM

100% agreed. Bat, you've contributed so much here, I can't imagine this place without you. In the next year, I hope you find a lot of hair success, however you define it :) You can do it!

Shug
April 2nd, 2022, 09:40 AM
You have a good head shape for no hair!
It’s good to get the experimenting out of your system before you dedicate yourself to longer hair.
Now that my hair is long, I get too scared to experiment! Lol

TatsuOni
April 2nd, 2022, 09:54 AM
We're happy to have you here! :blossom: And next anniversary, you should have longer hair than this one :D

alewyn
April 2nd, 2022, 09:59 AM
Happy anniversary Bat! I totally agree with those who have said that the support and encouragement you've provided to others definitely count as something to "show for it" :) best of luck growing again!

lapushka
April 2nd, 2022, 10:45 AM
We're happy to have you here! :blossom: And next anniversary, you should have longer hair than this one :D

Yes! And fresh starts can be invigorating. Although it must be cold now fall is in AU & NZ. Not a great time of year for it, I fear.

ExpectoPatronum
April 2nd, 2022, 10:56 AM
Don't feel bad for the lack of progress - like you said, you like to change your hair. That's fine! If it makes you feel better, I spent the first few years of LHC constantly trimming my progress. It wasn't until the most recent year or two that I really started growing my hair.

Good luck to you and your future growing :rockerdud

lapushka
April 2nd, 2022, 11:57 AM
We're all rooting for you, Bat! Pun intended. ;)

Bat
April 2nd, 2022, 04:02 PM

I was hovering around shoulder the first 4 years at LHC and was wirtually not able to grow longer due to too frequent trims and cuts. If it makes you feel better;)
It was very frustrating to be in this state of cutting urges but... I got over it. And now I'm headed towards BSL already ;)
Congratulations on the anniversary, Bat. I wish you all your hair dreams ( and personal too) to come true.

100% agreed. Bat, you've contributed so much here, I can't imagine this place without you. In the next year, I hope you find a lot of hair success, however you define it :) You can do it!

You have a good head shape for no hair!
It’s good to get the experimenting out of your system before you dedicate yourself to longer hair.
Now that my hair is long, I get too scared to experiment! Lol

Don't feel bad for the lack of progress - like you said, you like to change your hair. That's fine! If it makes you feel better, I spent the first few years of LHC constantly trimming my progress. It wasn't until the most recent year or two that I really started growing my hair.

Good luck to you and your future growing :rockerdud

We're all rooting for you, Bat! Pun intended. ;)

Thanks so much everyone your support means a lot to me, for the last 5 years I'd been going through a gender transition but recently I've been questioning my decision, I'm thinking I'm verging onto non vinery/androgenous state of being so really do want long hair to express my more feminine side when it appears so I think this time around I might get somewhere with growth. I'm atleast hopeful <3

GrowlingCupcake
April 2nd, 2022, 06:42 PM

I read the title, and I thought "wait, Bat has only been on LHC two years??". You're so active it feels like it's been much longer. You've definitely brought a lot to the forums.

illicitlizard
April 2nd, 2022, 06:49 PM
Wow 2 years Bat? That's crazy! I hope this fresh start works for you and you can get into a happy rhythm with your hair :o

Yes! And fresh starts can be invigorating. Although it must be cold now fall is in AU & NZ. Not a great time of year for it, I fear.

AFAIK Bat is/was near where I live in Aus, I'm sitting in my air-conditioned apartment in a t-shirt (it's currently 27C/81F), summer seems to be overstaying its welcome :p

BexLocks
April 2nd, 2022, 07:00 PM
Bat, I wholeheartedly agree with everyone that your presence and contributions to LHC are something to show. Your encouragement of others is so warm and cheering. The external expression of long hair is only one component of a long hair mindset, and even then it's only the outcome of a long journey. You might as well enjoy the journey while you're on it, no matter what that means for you. Congratulations on being here 2 years! I'm glad to have been on the journey with you!

Bri-Chan
April 2nd, 2022, 07:12 PM
Bat, I feel like you're always been here! I cannot imagine LHC without you :o

momof3mary
April 2nd, 2022, 07:13 PM
Happy Anniversary Bat!! I'm glad you're here, I've enjoyed out trials and tribulations struggling to grow or decide to buzz and grow again. You're full of encouragement for everyone and you're great at putting people at ease with whatever they're deciding to do with their hair. I always look forward to your posts.

KokoroDragon
April 2nd, 2022, 09:28 PM
Thanks so much everyone your support means a lot to me, for the last 5 years I'd been going through a gender transition but recently I've been questioning my decision, I'm thinking I'm verging onto non vinery/androgenous state of being so really do want long hair to express my more feminine side when it appears so I think this time around I might get somewhere with growth. I'm atleast hopeful <3

In my experience, gender questioning and/or transition can have a huge effect on what you decide to do with your hair. I had all sorts of different haircuts and styles when I was figuring out my gender, and it wasn't until after I felt comfortable in myself that I got in the mindset of growing.

It sounds like you might understand yourself a bit more than you did two years ago (or have developed into a different version of yourself) that may help with your hair journey. I agree with everyone else, enjoy the journey! It's as important as the destination. :)

Abacus
April 2nd, 2022, 09:36 PM

ahhh been there....still there! Finding the perfect gender presentation to fully express myself and feel comfortable can sometimes feel like chasing a mirage. It's a weird feeling to simultaneously want long hair and super short hair.

For what it's worth, in my short time on this thread, I've really enjoyed your posts and comments, and your presence made me feel really welcome here :)

Shorty89
April 2nd, 2022, 09:43 PM

I have nothing else to contribute but ditto. Whatever you end up doing, you're a great addition to the community.

Bat
April 2nd, 2022, 10:00 PM
Wow I'm so moved by everyone I'm proud to be here with so many amazing people. I'm not going anywhere I'm too invested in whatever hair journey I'm on and I do enjoy seeing everyone's progress in their journeys

To everyone who responded to my gender questioning thank you for your input it's much appreciated my inbox is always open if anyone wants to discuss it more privately.

Kathie
April 3rd, 2022, 03:31 AM
Happy anniversary!! It will be nice to see your future hair adventures and decisions.

Bat
April 3rd, 2022, 05:38 AM
Happy anniversary!! It will be nice to see your future hair adventures and decisions.

Thank you!

Finda
April 3rd, 2022, 09:39 AM
Congratulations on your anniversary :) Good luck for your project and figuring out where your hair journey is gonna take you next!

ZoeZ
April 3rd, 2022, 11:21 AM
Dear Bat, I've always enjoyed the enthusiasm you bring to this board, and the support you give so unstintingly.

And you do have a lovely head shape.! One of the reasons I grew out was because I have a horribly flat head on the back - I wanted to fill it out. So yeah, enjoy the look.

Bat
April 3rd, 2022, 02:33 PM
Congratulations on your anniversary :) Good luck for your project and figuring out where your hair journey is gonna take you next!

Thank you!

Dear Bat, I've always enjoyed the enthusiasm you bring to this board, and the support you give so unstintingly.

And you do have a lovely head shape.! One of the reasons I grew out was because I have a horribly flat head on the back - I wanted to fill it out. So yeah, enjoy the look.

Thanks xD

spidermom
April 3rd, 2022, 02:37 PM
There are so many things in life that benefit from developing the ability to put aside impulses and stick to a goal. Setting a goal for what you want to do with your hair is good practice. Hair is very forgiving; it will almost always grow back no matter what you do to it. Other missed goals, like getting a degree or saving your money for a specific purpose, are not always so forgiving.

So settle in and practice!

Bat
April 3rd, 2022, 02:45 PM
There are so many things in life that benefit from developing the ability to put aside impulses and stick to a goal. Setting a goal for what you want to do with your hair is good practice. Hair is very forgiving; it will almost always grow back no matter what you do to it. Other missed goals, like getting a degree or saving your money for a specific purpose, are not always so forgiving.

So settle in and practice!

Thank you, I'm studying atm so I'll try focus in that instead of my hair

ArienEllariel
April 3rd, 2022, 05:36 PM
Happy belated hairiversary Bat!

_Melly_
April 3rd, 2022, 05:43 PM
Hey Bats, happy hairversary!

baanoo
April 3rd, 2022, 07:40 PM
Happy anniversary! We joined so close in time to one another - congratulations on everything you have learned, explored, questioned, & grown. ❤️

memeow
April 3rd, 2022, 11:36 PM
Happy hairyversary Bat!! I think a lot of us can relate to a two-steps forward, three steps back approach to our hair journeys...I think I've told you before how as soon as I got within 1" of my original LHC goal I cut off 10 inches, donated it, and spent years hovering between APL and MBL. There are all kinds of things wrapped up in our hair...gender presentation and norms, various social stigmas, the actual sensory experiences of hair at various lengths, and just the fact that you can cut years of growth in under a minute. But hey! One advantage of being bald is there's no possibility of cutting much right now :p

In all seriousness I hope you don't truly feel like you've gained nothing in your time here--you've certainly provided a whole lot of support and good humor to everyone on these boards. Even if your path is nonlinear, it's still yours to follow, and onwards is the only way. Whatever happens I'm looking forward to seeing where you are next year.

Jane99
April 4th, 2022, 09:43 PM
Congratulations on 2 years here Bat! Enjoy the bald too, from the back it looks like it suits you just fine. You are part of what makes this community so wonderful

Bat
April 6th, 2022, 01:35 AM
Thank you everyone I missed :D

BuddhaBelle
April 6th, 2022, 02:07 AM
Happy anniversary! We joined the same month. :) You're lucky you can pull off the bald look! To be fair, I'll always have the slight temptation to shave all my hair off so at least you got it out the way. ;)

Bat
April 6th, 2022, 04:19 AM
Exactly and now I know I don't like it I hope to make some progress