PDA

View Full Version : Dye number

catoala
March 26th, 2022, 06:48 AM
Hello again 😵

I have another problem now and this forum is my go to for all my questions 😂

Well, so. My hair is 8/4 dyed (who read my previous post knows all of that haha) and I tried keune 8/4 with 6% (20 vol.) to dye my roots but they didn't take at all. they stayed medium brown (my natural hair colour)
anyways.. Now my copper faded to golden (very very golden with flash) blonde with hints of red.

But I'm wondering. If its so golden now id like to continue with it and dye my roots as well like that. But. my problem is!

8.3 is golden but not golden enough :(
8.33 maybe could be good, but would i use 9%(20vol.) with it?
other variations are: 8.44 (too copper), 8.43(also weirdly, too copper), 9.3 looks perfect for me however isn't that a bit too light?

Basically, I don't know should I just go and dye my hair again ginger or just try to achieve pure golden blonde? Because, at this point, this is my bleached hair colour and the actual copper dye faded.

Help!!

catoala
March 26th, 2022, 06:50 AM
https://www.google.com/search?q=bleach+hair+chart&client=ms-android-samsung-gj-rev1&prmd=imvn&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwj70t-e6OP2AhU7jokEHa6tCqUQ_AUoAXoECAIQAQ#imgrc=TXAcBGat z2X5vM

My hair looks like about 7/8 with a bit red leftover in it

lapushka
March 26th, 2022, 09:07 AM
Oh gosh that is so difficult. Do you have any way to strand test? I know it can be super expensive to with chemical dye, because an opened tube is... only good for so long, but... you could...

But I would go for an all match the roots dye any time; can't go wrong with that.

catoala
March 26th, 2022, 01:32 PM
Oh gosh that is so difficult. Do you have any way to strand test? I know it can be super expensive to with chemical dye, because an opened tube is... only good for so long, but... you could...

But I would go for an all match the roots dye any time; can't go wrong with that.

Nope :( I wish!

I thought maybe even go for 8.3 (Light golden blonde) but would that be ok for bleached base, very yellow? Sooo annoying

lapushka
March 26th, 2022, 02:13 PM
Nope :( I wish!

I thought maybe even go for 8.3 (Light golden blonde) but would that be ok for bleached base, very yellow? Sooo annoying

The thing is: no idea. Do you have, perhaps, a picture of your hair. Would be a heck of a lot easier to talk about and assess & help with.

catoala
March 26th, 2022, 02:27 PM

The thing is: no idea. Do you have, perhaps, a picture of your hair. Would be a heck of a lot easier to talk about and assess & help with.

I dont sadly and my camera is broken :(

But!!
It looks like the one on left, but slightly lighter and more golden but extremely similar

https://www.google.com/search?q=yellow+hair+golden+bleach&tbm=isch&ved=2ahUKEwjr-uyQzuT2AhWUuKQKHQavB4AQ2-cCegQIABAC&oq=yellow+hair+golden+bleach&gs_lcp=ChJtb2JpbGUtZ3dzLXdpei1pbWcQAzIICAAQCBAHEB4 yCAgAEAgQBxAeMgYIABAIEB46BAgAEBM6CggAEAgQDRAeEBM6C AgAEAcQHhATOgoIABAHEAUQHhATOgoIABAIEAcQHhATULEEWNw KYMoLaABwAHgAgAGHAYgB-geSAQMwLjiYAQCgAQHAAQE&sclient=mobile-gws-wiz-img&ei=xnY_Yuv_EZTxkgWG3p6ACA&client=ms-android-samsung-gj-rev1#imgrc=iB2BKH3BJLJRRM

catoala
March 26th, 2022, 02:31 PM

Okay I found even better photo. Left one again

https://www.google.com/search?q=yellow+hair+golden+bleach&tbm=isch&ved=2ahUKEwjr-uyQzuT2AhWUuKQKHQavB4AQ2-cCegQIABAC&oq=yellow+hair+golden+bleach&gs_lcp=ChJtb2JpbGUtZ3dzLXdpei1pbWcQAzIICAAQCBAHEB4 yCAgAEAgQBxAeMgYIABAIEB46BAgAEBM6CggAEAgQDRAeEBM6C AgAEAcQHhATOgoIABAHEAUQHhATOgoIABAIEAcQHhATULEEWNw KYMoLaABwAHgAgAGHAYgB-geSAQMwLjiYAQCgAQHAAQE&sclient=mobile-gws-wiz-img&ei=xnY_Yuv_EZTxkgWG3p6ACA&client=ms-android-samsung-gj-rev1#imgrc=iNhzpbhHeMI6-M&imgdii=DFCbCekDti_JdM

sorry for these long links

lapushka
March 26th, 2022, 02:54 PM
I don't think it's a good idea to substitute with pictures of other people. I mean... :shrug:

catoala
March 26th, 2022, 03:38 PM
I don't think it's a good idea to substitute with pictures of other people. I mean... :shrug:

yeah, in other cases i think thats pretty stupid but considering i must dye my hair asap and my camera is ded, i thought its an ok substitute hah

basically, just.. faded ginger and thats it. but at the end ill probably but some fire red over it and call it a day :shrug:

Bat
March 26th, 2022, 04:56 PM
If you like you can get a LVL 8.0 and the 9.3 put 5ml of 8.0 and 20ml of 9.3 and I believe it's 1.2 ratio so you'd add 50ml of 20 vol. The bit of darker level should give you slightly more depth

lapushka
March 27th, 2022, 07:56 AM
yeah, in other cases i think thats pretty stupid but considering i must dye my hair asap and my camera is ded, i thought its an ok substitute hah

basically, just.. faded ginger and thats it. but at the end ill probably but some fire red over it and call it a day :shrug:

Isn't that like what you always say when someone asks you for a photo? LOL ;) :p

catoala
March 27th, 2022, 02:16 PM
If you like you can get a LVL 8.0 and the 9.3 put 5ml of 8.0 and 20ml of 9.3 and I believe it's 1.2 ratio so you'd add 50ml of 20 vol. The bit of darker level should give you slightly more depth

Ty! That would give.. golden? I think? Haha

catoala
March 27th, 2022, 02:17 PM

Isn't that like what you always say when someone asks you for a photo? LOL ;) :p

Haaha, yes, part of it really is now - another part is I'm pretty embarrased to post my hair here for some reason.

Bat
March 27th, 2022, 03:33 PM
Ty! That would give.. golden? I think? Haha it will add gold yeah you could always add copper and get a 9.34 3 is gold and 4 is copper
Hairdressing 101. The first number is base level, the second number after the point is the secondary reflect and the number after that is the tertiary reflect and it's weaker than the secondary reflect so if you want more gold use 9.34 or more copper you'll want to get a 9:43