PDA

View Full Version : Work hairstyles for frizzy hair

Stardreamer
March 14th, 2022, 06:55 PM
Hi, I work in a call centre and I have frizzy 3b/3c hair which I brush out so the curls turn into waves. My hair is almost waist-length. I'm hoping when I hit hip-length my hair will be easier to manage?! I wear a braid most of the time at work but I wear it so often it's getting boring. I do a Dianyla? braid which is where you start the French braid halfway down your head. I do variations like having a long braid tassel etc which I like a lot. I just need some ideas for work hairstyles for my hair type because my head is empty lol. I can't wear double Dutch braids obviously because I must look professional.

I honestly wish I could have my hair down but can't really do so without straightening it or using argan oil or something.

Abacus
March 14th, 2022, 08:46 PM
Buns are the first thing that comes to mind! But if you want to wear your hair down, do you ever let your curls form?

Kat
March 14th, 2022, 08:54 PM
If braids work for you-- different type of braids? (Rope, 4-strand, etc.) Braided buns? Heidi braids? And, you could do double Dutch braids if you put them into a bun, combined them into one braid for the length, etc.

memeow
March 14th, 2022, 11:29 PM
If you want to wear it down but feel like it's too unruly, a half-up with a nice clip or slide can make for a more put-together look even when there's some frizz action. You can also dress up a braid or a bun a bit by adding accent braids or twists in the front, or fancy forks/sticks/hair ties. Double dutch braids may feel a bit juvenile hanging down, but if you bun them or pin them on your head (faux-crown braid style) that can look quite elegant. Sometimes just mixing up how you braid can help too--I do sidebraids when I get bored of it going straight down the back of my head, or even a Katniss braid (dutch braid that starts on one side and wraps over your head). Or do the two dutch braids and then braid them together into one. Milkmaid braids, two low buns...maybe go through some of the "hairstyle of the month" threads for inspiration too?

Hedwig
March 15th, 2022, 09:57 AM
Can I ask why you brush out your curls? :-) Because that usually results in even more frizz and a generally more poofy look for me. With curls it’s - in my experience - best to not fight the natural texture and just try to work with what you’ve got.

Stardreamer
March 17th, 2022, 11:23 PM
Buns are the first thing that comes to mind! But if you want to wear your hair down, do you ever let your curls form?

I try not to let my curls form, I mostly have waves instead since I brush my curls out.

If braids work for you-- different type of braids? (Rope, 4-strand, etc.) Braided buns? Heidi braids? And, you could do double Dutch braids if you put them into a bun, combined them into one braid for the length, etc.

Good idea.

If you want to wear it down but feel like it's too unruly, a half-up with a nice clip or slide can make for a more put-together look even when there's some frizz action. You can also dress up a braid or a bun a bit by adding accent braids or twists in the front, or fancy forks/sticks/hair ties. Double dutch braids may feel a bit juvenile hanging down, but if you bun them or pin them on your head (faux-crown braid style) that can look quite elegant. Sometimes just mixing up how you braid can help too--I do sidebraids when I get bored of it going straight down the back of my head, or even a Katniss braid (dutch braid that starts on one side and wraps over your head). Or do the two dutch braids and then braid them together into one. Milkmaid braids, two low buns...maybe go through some of the "hairstyle of the month" threads for inspiration too?

Some good ideas.

Can I ask why you brush out your curls? :-) Because that usually results in even more frizz and a generally more poofy look for me. With curls it’s - in my experience - best to not fight the natural texture and just try to work with what you’ve got.

I don't like my curls so I brush them out. So... yeah. I'd rather have wavy hair. :eek:

Thank you, guys.

cinamio
March 20th, 2022, 09:25 AM
I have a similar hair type as you, and I usually wear my hair in a sleek low bun. I usually set my hair with a brush and then add mousse to keep it sleek. As far as the bun goes, you can try different types to change it up. Sometimes I do braided buns when I want something different. Since you already do braids, you could try to combine braids and buns somehow. :shrug: