View Full Version : Short Term Goals Thread

Bat
March 5th, 2022, 10:12 PM
This is for those like me who have trouble sticking with yearly+ goals

Goals can be between 2 weeks to under a year and can be anything related to hair.

Bat
March 5th, 2022, 10:15 PM
My short term goal is to not dye or cut my hair until the end of March

Corvana
March 6th, 2022, 01:33 AM
You can do it!

I want to oil my ends every night for the rest of March. I want to see if it helps any!

Abacus
March 6th, 2022, 10:45 PM
Omg I love this as a thread.
My short term goal is start protective styling now that my hair has finally started sitting on my shoulders. I'm going to try to wear my hair protected at least 4 days out of this next week. More if I can.

Glitch
March 6th, 2022, 11:14 PM
I'd also like to do more protective styles as a short term goal. When I'm really lounging around at home, my hair is often down because it's comfy, but I need to practise more comfy buns instead!

Obsidian
March 7th, 2022, 04:21 AM
I want to grow long enough to use a headband and not have bangs or bits escape and to stay away from box dyes

Lady Stardust
March 7th, 2022, 04:29 AM
This is a great idea for a thread!

I’m growing out my face framing bits. My first mini goal is for those bits to be long enough to trim, by bringing the ends together under my chin.

The next goal is for those bits to go into a bun. I think those two things might happen at about the same time, I don’t mind whichever comes first.

Auburndreaming
March 7th, 2022, 06:13 AM
To be able to get my hair into a high ponytail again without having to pin the back as it all falls out, it should take me around 4 months I think!

diddiedaisy
March 7th, 2022, 07:12 AM
My short term goal is get back to waist. Hopefully that will be july.

KokoroDragon
March 7th, 2022, 08:59 AM
Love this thread idea! My short term goal is to not leave my hair in the same braid for 3+ days this week.

alewyn
March 7th, 2022, 09:12 AM
Also agree this is a great thread! My current goal is to figure out what my scalp actually needs to be happy. I've been stretching and co-washing for a really long time, and never kept track of time between washes or how my scalp feels as a result of washing/not washing. I don't have any major scalp issues, but have noticed subtle differences in how it feels since I've been paying more attention to hair care, so I want to just nail down what exactly works best.

Bri-Chan
March 7th, 2022, 09:53 AM
My short term goal is to understand what my hair wants in terms of styling. Everything seems too heavy.

cinamio
March 7th, 2022, 11:16 AM
My short-term goal is to be more gentle when brushing my hair & to do it less often.

After a couple days, I usually brush out my curls so I can wear my hair in braids for the next couple weeks. The issue is I brush my hair with a bristle brush daily/twice a day to flatten the frizz. I'm guessing this extra friction is not great for my hair.

Abacus
March 7th, 2022, 11:42 AM
day 2 of protective styling achieved

https://i.postimg.cc/3JgDZc9B/IMG-20220307-092053722.jpghttps://i.postimg.cc/MTMnfPv1/IMG-20220307-092225902.jpg

ArienEllariel
March 7th, 2022, 11:50 AM
My short term goal is for my grown out bangs to reach braidable length in back. They're definitely long enough to tuck behind my ears and are past my chin but they aren't quite long enough to tuck into two braids and stay and don't reach the nape of my neck pulled back yet.

memeow
March 7th, 2022, 12:26 PM
My short-term goal is to be more gentle when brushing my hair & to do it less often.

After a couple days, I usually brush out my curls so I can wear my hair in braids for the next couple weeks. The issue is I brush my hair with a bristle brush daily/twice a day to flatten the frizz. I'm guessing this extra friction is not great for my hair.

I always wonder about this. Lately I’ve been using my new tangle teaser to brush twice a day, morning and night. Doing it that way I seem to basically never get real tangles, and only small amounts of shed each time, but that’s also extra handling. If I let it go a few days between brushing I get more tangles that take longer to undo, but it’s probably less overall touching. I’m never sure how to optimize that balance.

clandestine
March 7th, 2022, 12:47 PM
Short term goal is to massage daily and to try and keep my hair up and oiled. I tend to not touch it as much when it is oiled and I enjoy the massage and detangling before bed.

Abacus
March 7th, 2022, 01:12 PM
I always wonder about this. Lately I’ve been using my new tangle teaser to brush twice a day, morning and night. Doing it that way I seem to basically never get real tangles, and only small amounts of shed each time, but that’s also extra handling. If I let it go a few days between brushing I get more tangles that take longer to undo, but it’s probably less overall touching. I’m never sure how to optimize that balance.

I think about this all the time! I definitely don't know the answer.

sipnsun
March 7th, 2022, 02:53 PM

https://i.postimg.cc/3JgDZc9B/IMG-20220307-092053722.jpghttps://i.postimg.cc/MTMnfPv1/IMG-20220307-092225902.jpg

Wow, that looks really great Abacus!

My short term goal is to complete an inversion week before the month is over. I keep starting and only stick with it a day or two and then forget about it. I probably need to set a reminder on my phone, maybe that would help.

elaina
March 7th, 2022, 02:58 PM
I feel like I’m in the opposite boat as you guys! I would never brush my hair enough for my hair type (never wash it enough either) and would end up with matts in the back of my head, so I’ve been trying to take a lot better care of it. I know most people on this site are super into stretching washes, but after about 3 days I just feel so greasy, and disgusting, i feel horrible even leaving the house at 4 days, plus my scalp is thanking me for the more frequent washing, hoping I can keep it up.

Dark40
March 7th, 2022, 04:20 PM
Excellent Thread to start!

My short term goal is to grow to WL within a 3-month period from now. So, hopefully by June I'll be at WL.

momof3mary
March 7th, 2022, 04:51 PM
Great thread!! My short term goal is to keep it clean and ignore it. Seems to be working the best out of everything else I've tried over the years. I have recently tried the kiwi lime squeeze Vo5 shampoo and it's exactly right for my hair. I love it when my hair likes economical things.

Kerrtu-Kevät
March 7th, 2022, 06:12 PM
I want to stop measuring my hair for around 6 months, I should be hip or past hip by then

MoonLady
March 8th, 2022, 03:48 AM
Short term goal is to wear my hair up when I leave the house since I'm feeling the effects of dry winter air. I'm one week down already, hoping to go until the end of march, when I'll let it down again for a while (until it starts raining lol).

olivetime
March 9th, 2022, 05:21 AM
Fun thread. Short term goals: water/tea rinses only for as long as possible, but let's start with the rest of March. (Oh and my regular oiling, braiding in the morning and not fidgeting with the ends hahahaha)

knobbly
March 9th, 2022, 07:24 AM

I don’t know the answer to this question (can it be answered?) but my feeling is that it’s probably the same amount in the end as long as you are handling gently. If you brush daily or more frequently, you’ll pull out sheds as close to the time they are released from the follicle as possible before they tangle with hairs that are still attached and growing. This may look like just a few hairs coming out in your brush each time. If you only brush every few days or less frequently, you’ll see much more hair fall but it’s likely to be the same amount over time if you are gentle and the shed hairs haven’t gotten fresh with any lint and created a mess of tangles. In my experience the latter can be just as gentle as the former provided your protective style doesn’t exacerbate tangling. (For instance, in my hair a single English braid left for more than 24 hours equals guaranteed nape mats and tangles as I’m undoing the braid. This doesn’t happen with multiple braids so if I’m leaving it for a few days I’ll braid accordingly.)

Long story short, my approach when detangling is much more important. If I don’t have time or am in an irritable mood, it better to just throw a hat on and deal with the mess when I have time and emotional energy.

rosenester
March 10th, 2022, 06:00 PM
I feel like I’m in the opposite boat as you guys! I would never brush my hair enough for my hair type (never wash it enough either) and would end up with matts in the back of my head, so I’ve been trying to take a lot better care of it. I know most people on this site are super into stretching washes, but after about 3 days I just feel so greasy, and disgusting, i feel horrible even leaving the house at 4 days, plus my scalp is thanking me for the more frequent washing, hoping I can keep it up.

I have the same experience, sometimes a detangle midday is necessary when switching hairstyles. Better for me to do gentle and frequent brushing, and washing every other or on the 3rd day is working out best for me lately too. Are our hairs related? :waving:

Great tip, Knobbly, about not detangling when in anything but a calm mood. I am waiting it out still after a very rough day & browsing here to ease my irritable mood before I accidentally attack my hair.

AshtangiPNW
March 10th, 2022, 08:30 PM
I also only detangle when I don't feel rushed. If I am re-doing a bun mid-day and feel rushed, I will occasionally ignore a tangle and put it up to deal with at the end of the day. I personally do not use a brush on the length of my hair (just finger-combing), although I do brush my scalp on occasion to distribute oils. I prefer a wooden bristle brush vs the tangle teezer for this, personally. :)

My short-term goal is to reach TBL. When my hair is at its straightest, the longest racers just barely reach TBL. So, I'm hoping that this is a relatively short term goal! :cheer::D:joy:

AshtangiPNW
March 10th, 2022, 08:34 PM
I'd also like to do more protective styles as a short term goal. When I'm really lounging around at home, my hair is often down because it's comfy, but I need to practise more comfy buns instead!

Another loungy at-home option is to wrap your hair up in a silk scarf or sleep cap. Then, the hair can be loose/comfy while still contained!

Abacus
March 11th, 2022, 01:31 PM
Without really meaning to, I've worn my hair in protective styles 6 days in a row now. My goal was to do at least 4 days this week.

I think short term goals might be where it's at for growing my hair. The amount of years I'm going to be waiting to reach my long-term goal length is just too much to think about sometimes.

lapushka
March 11th, 2022, 02:29 PM

That's very pretty! :)

Abacus
March 11th, 2022, 05:01 PM
That's very pretty! :)

Thank you lapushka!

Auburndreaming
March 14th, 2022, 04:14 AM
My current short term goal is to be able to get all of my hair into a ponytail without the back falling out - I'm hoping the back should be long enough by September/October time for sure, as even with a trim later in the year I am hoping for around 6cm of growth.

alewyn
March 24th, 2022, 08:03 AM
I think I've met my short-term goal of getting in touch with what my scalp needs. It doesn't seem to need cleansing more frequently than I have been doing (2+ weeks), which is good, because I hate my post-wash hair (I seem to have hairs with tons of different terminal lengths, many of which are between 1-6 inches, and they will not stay out of the way when my hair is up for around 5-6 days after washing...)

My new short term goal is to touch my hair as little as possible. Even when I'm just sitting at home, I tend to be very perfectionistic about my hair, and if I'm not content with the way my bun turns out on the first go or the way my scarf is wrapped, I tend to redo it over and over until I get it how I want it. In doing so, I handle my hair way, way more than necessary. So I want to learn to live with the way my styles turn out on the first go when it doesn't actually matter how it looks. In addition to being good for my hair, I think this will be a good exercise for my hyper-perfectionistic brain.

Abacus
March 24th, 2022, 11:01 AM
Even when I'm just sitting at home, I tend to be very perfectionistic about my hair, and if I'm not content with the way my bun turns out on the first go or the way my scarf is wrapped, I tend to redo it over and over until I get it how I want it. In doing so, I handle my hair way, way more than necessary.

Omg I nearly dove myself crazy doing this yesterday. I undid and redid my tiny bun a million times. My hair is only collarbone length, there's pretty much only one way a bun can look on me, but I still fiddled with it so much. I was just alone at home, there was no reason. You have a great goal and I'm stealing it.

My original goal to wear my hear up and protected for 4 days straight has actually completely snowballed -- it's been up for two weeks! It feels great. I've done a few french braids, but mostly it's just been bunned with a satin scrunchie. Unrelatedly, I added rose absolute essential oil to my spray bottle, so when I rehydrate my hair I smell like roses. Just wanted to share that too.

Lady Stardust
March 24th, 2022, 11:42 AM
Omg I nearly dove myself crazy doing this yesterday. I undid and redid my tiny bun a million times. My hair is only collarbone length, there's pretty much only one way a bun can look on me, but I still fiddled with it so much. I was just alone at home, there was no reason. You have a great goal and I'm stealing it.

My original goal to wear my hear up and protected for 4 days straight has actually completely snowballed -- it's been up for two weeks! It feels great. I've done a few french braids, but mostly it's just been bunned with a satin scrunchie. Unrelatedly, I added rose absolute essential oil to my spray bottle, so when I rehydrate my hair I smell like roses. Just wanted to share that too.

Oh that sounds heavenly! I love the smell of roses, it’s a scent that lifts my spirits. Unfortunately any kind of scent tends to give me a migraine these days but I will live vicariously through your rose absolute spray! I make do with rosewater, but maybe I could experiment with something very subtle.

Abacus
March 24th, 2022, 12:22 PM
Oh that sounds heavenly! I love the smell of roses, it’s a scent that lifts my spirits. Unfortunately any kind of scent tends to give me a migraine these days but I will live vicariously through your rose absolute spray! I make do with rosewater, but maybe I could experiment with something very subtle.

It is actually very subtle. Sometimes I won't think it's there at all, but then the breeze moves and I catch a faint waft of it, which is about as much fragrance as I can tolerate.

alewyn
March 24th, 2022, 12:40 PM

I'm so glad I'm not the only one, and I feel like now that I've shared it here I'm way more likely to stick to it. Big congrats on exceeding your protective styling goal!

Abacus
March 24th, 2022, 01:44 PM
I'm so glad I'm not the only one, and I feel like now that I've shared it here I'm way more likely to stick to it. Big congrats on exceeding your protective styling goal!

Your goal is already proving to be really hard. Just this morning I think I've taken down my bun and redone it absentmindedly about 6 or 7 times. I just set an alarm on my phone for several hours from now, to force myself not to touch it until then. Touching my hair too much is a very strong habit apparently.

alewyn
March 24th, 2022, 03:14 PM
Your goal is already proving to be really hard. Just this morning I think I've taken down my bun and redone it absentmindedly about 6 or 7 times. I just set an alarm on my phone for several hours from now, to force myself not to touch it until then. Touching my hair too much is a very strong habit apparently.

Ooh, an alarm is a good idea. I've found in reflecting on the past few weeks that I touch my hair less when it's in some kind of braided style because it's more effort to undo and redo, so I think that's going to be my main technique for the moment!

Abacus
March 24th, 2022, 03:31 PM
Ooh, an alarm is a good idea. I've found in reflecting on the past few weeks that I touch my hair less when it's in some kind of braided style because it's more effort to undo and redo, so I think that's going to be my main technique for the moment!

That is so smart!

KokoroDragon
March 25th, 2022, 07:34 AM
I met my goal of re-doing my style instead of leaving it for 3+ days for a week, but now it seems I'm back to old habits. I did a new style yesterday that I think may help motivate me to do my hair, I covered my bun with a scarf and let the ends of the scarf hang down my back. It gave the feeling of having my hair down without the damage!

clandestine
March 25th, 2022, 09:46 AM
I've done pretty well with my short term goal. I think the scalp massages and oiling along with the warmer weather is helping my get into my warm weather growing spurt. I'm going to try and keep it up since it's good for my hair and my relaxation.

How is everyone else doing?

Bat
March 26th, 2022, 01:37 AM
I like to sabotage my plans lol dyed and I might shave off again

Bat
April 2nd, 2022, 06:07 AM
Yep shaved it off z.
New goal do not rebuzz for 5 days

MoonLady
April 3rd, 2022, 06:22 AM
Oh! By the way, I was successful in my little short term goal of keeping my hair up when leaving the house for a month. It definitely definitely helped my ends. Also learned I have the length for two more buns.

Diana Prince
April 3rd, 2022, 09:57 AM
I feel so pretty now that my hair is a bit longer than APL, but at the same time I have the urge to trim it a bit so it's 'perfect'. There is nothing wrong with my hair, it's just that I didn't trim it for the last months and that's unusual for me. So my short term goal is to resist trimming it at least until the end of May. And the second goal is to wear it up for the majority of this month.

AshtangiPNW
April 3rd, 2022, 10:44 AM
Oh! By the way, I was successful in my little short term goal of keeping my hair up when leaving the house for a month. It definitely definitely helped my ends. Also learned I have the length for two more buns.

That’s great, MoonLady! Keeping the hair up and out of the way helps my ends, too.

Yep shaved it off z.

Fresh start, Bat! Just out of curiosity, have you considered 2-step henna-indigo? Tatsuoni uses this for a beautiful shiny black shade and I seem to remember that you enjoy having black hair. The process of henna-ing might also satisfy your dying urges since it’s a process. Just an idea! It’s not a good option if you’re considering bleaching it out, though. Good luck on the no-buzz goal! A perk is that your hair will quickly double in length :D:o

I've done pretty well with my short term goal. I think the scalp massages and oiling along with the warmer weather is helping my get into my warm weather growing spurt. I'm going to try and keep it up since it's good for my hair and my relaxation.

How is everyone else doing?

I like wearing mine up and have found scalp oiling to be relaxing/beneficial sometimes, too. A warm weather growth spurt sounds really lovely, clandestine. It sounds like you’re making nice progress and feeling relaxed about the journey. Good luck with your short term goals!

I feel so pretty now that my hair is a bit longer than APL, but at the same time I have the urge to trim it a bit so it's 'perfect'. There is nothing wrong with my hair, it's just that I didn't trim it for the last months and that's unusual for me. So my short term goal is to resist trimming it at least until the end of May. And the second goal is to wear it up for the majority of this month.

I am sure it will look gorgeous, Diana Prince, even without the frequent trims! Maybe try not to worry about the trimming for several months as an experiment…you might be surprised that your hemline remains relatively straight/full in the meantime. My hemline personally seems to create a natural U shape, and I’ve gone a really long time with only S&D. You can always even things up later! Do you generally wear your hair up or down? Clipping it up might help to eliminate the temptation to have an ideal hemline at any given point in time.

I made it to juuuust-TBL, so my short term goal is to make it to a more solid TBL over the next couple of months. :)

Diana Prince
April 4th, 2022, 03:11 AM
I am sure it will look gorgeous, Diana Prince, even without the frequent trims! Maybe try not to worry about the trimming for several months as an experiment…you might be surprised that your hemline remains relatively straight/full in the meantime. My hemline personally seems to create a natural U shape, and I’ve gone a really long time with only S&D. You can always even things up later! Do you generally wear your hair up or down? Clipping it up might help to eliminate the temptation to have an ideal hemline at any given point in time.

I made it to juuuust-TBL, so my short term goal is to make it to a more solid TBL over the next couple of months. :)

You are so kind :). My hemline is full, I don't have anything to complain about it, it's just that I've trimmed every month/every third month for the last 2 and a half years so it feels so strange to not take out the scissors :laugh:. I've had bleach damage and maintained a short cut to grow out the hair, that's why I cut it so often. Now I just have to wait for it grow, ideally I'd like to trim my hair only when it develops split ends, but no more 'preventive trims'.

Congratulations on reaching TBL! It's quite a feat. :flower:

Bat
April 4th, 2022, 05:24 AM
That’s great, MoonLady! Keeping the hair up and out of the way helps my ends, too.

Fresh start, Bat! Just out of curiosity, have you considered 2-step henna-indigo? Tatsuoni uses this for a beautiful shiny black shade and I seem to remember that you enjoy having black hair. The process of henna-ing might also satisfy your dying urges since it’s a process. Just an idea! It’s not a good option if you’re considering bleaching it out, though. Good luck on the no-buzz goal! A perk is that your hair will quickly double in length :D:o

I like wearing mine up and have found scalp oiling to be relaxing/beneficial sometimes, too. A warm weather growth spurt sounds really lovely, clandestine. It sounds like you’re making nice progress and feeling relaxed about the journey. Good luck with your short term goals!

Good idea but I change it up my hair too much and it doesn't seem to go as pitch black as I like it

Bat
April 6th, 2022, 01:57 AM
Yep shaved it off z.

Succeeded! I didn't rebuzz since the 1st and now it's the 6th for me

What a miracle! Next goal do nothing until April 15th. Little baby steps :D

momof3mary
April 6th, 2022, 09:07 AM
Awesome Bat!

Bat
April 15th, 2022, 05:52 AM
April 15th goal achieved!

Next goal do nothing until April 25th

foreveryours
April 15th, 2022, 08:31 AM
It's the Zen of Do Nothing :p

Bat
April 16th, 2022, 02:29 AM
Bite sized goals are easier for me to stick to something less than 2 weeks lol

Abacus
April 17th, 2022, 06:32 PM
My short term goal of wearing my hair up more has led me to figuring out what feels like the easiest and gentlest updo for the length my hair is at right now -- it's just putting it up in loose bun with a satin scrunchie, and putting it up in such a way that I don't need to double twist the scrunchie, it just holds if I put it over my bun. It doesn't pull or compress my hair, and is secure enough to stay put. Maybe not if I'm headbanging, but secure enough for most activities.

Short term goal has led to sustainable long-term haircare practice. And I feel like that's the real goal, amiright?

Bat
April 19th, 2022, 04:21 PM
5 days to go until second goal achieved

_Melly_
April 21st, 2022, 10:26 AM
Awesome Bat!!!

Bat
April 21st, 2022, 03:26 PM
The dying urge has already started luckily it's much too short I'm hoping to resist the urge until I'm atleast chin

MoonLady
April 23rd, 2022, 05:14 PM
I have a short term goal where I want to use less direct heat than my usual 1/week rule. Instead, I'll still blow dry because I can't stand cold wet hair touching me, but I'll not use a flat-iron until a concert I'm going to mid-June. 6 weeks or so sounds doable! And I have nothing fancy to go to, so I won't be bothered anyway.

elaina
April 23rd, 2022, 06:12 PM
as of now my short term goal is to keep up with protective styling, which at this length is pretty much just braids, and then get my hands on some henna and figure out if i like the red or wanna go black. if i want to go with black im thinking ill want to give myself a hime cut, fighting off the urge to just do it anyways, because i think it would look best on hair thats all one colour. i also need to figure out what i want to do with my bangs, but that kind of depends on what colour i want to go with / my haircut.

Shol'va
April 24th, 2022, 10:23 AM
My short-term goals are to finally learn how to do Dutch braids for protective styling, to use leave-in conditioner more frequently (I've recently noticed it really helps), and to finally buy satin pillowcases :D

Bat
April 24th, 2022, 05:58 PM
Completed my goal of no trims or dye until the 25th

Next goal the same goal but until May 9th my Birthday

Aunt Rapunzel
April 24th, 2022, 06:06 PM
Completed my goal of no trims or dye until the 25th

Next goal the same goal but until May 9th my Birthday

Congratulations on reaching your goal! Good luck on the next one!

Bat
April 24th, 2022, 06:15 PM
Congratulations on reaching your goal! Good luck on the next one!

Thank you! I'm doing really small ones because I self sabotage a lot so been making 1.5 weekly goals. Im afraid this goal is too far away but I'll give it a go

alewyn
May 3rd, 2022, 10:45 AM
I've made some substantial progress toward not redoing my hair constantly. I think I need a more concrete goal, though, to measure myself against. I'm thinking my new goal will be to not re-do my hair once I've put it up unless I'm leaving the house or it has somehow fallen out of the style.

Bat
May 8th, 2022, 03:44 AM
Looks like I made it. The 9th is tomorrow and I have no dye at home to do my hair tonight yay.

Edit: I bleached my hair for a job interview May 10 but my new goal from now is no more bleach or trims. Til May 20

Auburndreaming
May 8th, 2022, 08:38 AM
I have a short term goal of not using my hair straighteners until the end of may (I have an event and would like my hair straight for it) so ill be having buns all month most likely!

momof3mary
May 14th, 2022, 02:47 PM
My short term goal is to keep my dang clippers and scissors away from my head for the next 6 months and hopefully longer.

Corvana
May 14th, 2022, 02:57 PM
You can do it!

I want to oil my ends every night for the rest of March. I want to see if it helps any!

Narrator Voice: "She did not do this" :rollin:

What's annoying to me is that for the week or so that I did do it, I noticed quite the difference. So it would certainly help, but I can't gain new habits to save my life! Maybe I should put it on my Habitica list so I can check it off and get XP for it :laugh:

Potauvert
May 15th, 2022, 05:55 AM
My short term goal is to do scalp massage everyday until the beginning of June to see if it makes a difference. I will do it two times per day during five minutes.

Lady Stardust
May 15th, 2022, 10:25 AM
This is a great idea for a thread!

I’m growing out my face framing bits. My first mini goal is for those bits to be long enough to trim, by bringing the ends together under my chin.

The next goal is for those bits to go into a bun. I think those two things might happen at about the same time, I don’t mind whichever comes first.

I have another short term goal, and I think I should write it here so it encourages me to stick to it!

I am determined to get to MBL this year, ideally before the end of the year so I can maintain there for a while. I’m trimming regularly, but just the racers, to keep a strong shaped hemline. My short term goal is to keep trimming just the racers until I reach MBL, so I don’t take anything substantial off the length before I reach that milestone.

Gwendolynn
May 15th, 2022, 01:14 PM
My short term goal is to get to "proper" waist length before the end of the year!

Bat
May 15th, 2022, 03:29 PM
My short term goal is to keep my dang clippers and scissors away from my head for the next 6 months and hopefully longer.

Maybe do what I do and have mini 7-10 day goals that seems to work at least for trims ( if you ignore the fact after my last goal ended I bleached it oops )

momof3mary
May 15th, 2022, 06:17 PM
Maybe do what I do and have mini 7-10 day goals that seems to work at least for trims ( if you ignore the fact after my last goal ended I bleached it oops )
My brain is so messed up that my mind changes every 5 minutes from I want it to grow to No I don't. I'm going to just take it day by day. It's short enough now that I know I want at least another 2-4 inches and that includes the mullet I'll have.

Bat
May 15th, 2022, 07:01 PM
My brain is so messed up that my mind changes every 5 minutes from I want it to grow to No I don't. I'm going to just take it day by day. It's short enough now that I know I want at least another 2-4 inches and that includes the mullet I'll have.

Yep you have time to decide on what is best for you it will keep growing in the mean time. It might help to get to what's long for you even if long is at chin or before and decide if you like it or not

-Aithne-
May 15th, 2022, 07:49 PM
My short term goal is to learn new bun styles…and not forget them!

momof3mary
May 15th, 2022, 09:04 PM
Yep you have time to decide on what is best for you it will keep growing in the mean time. It might help to get to what's long for you even if long is at chin or before and decide if you like it or not
You are absolutely right!

Corvana
May 16th, 2022, 03:20 AM
I have now added "oil and leave-in" to my habitica, but in the habits section not the dailies. I want to be able to see how many time I've done it in a month, but not be punished when I forget! Since I just started again yesterday, I've got 2 days down :laugh: Let's see how many I finish with, I suppose! 17 would be every day for the rest of May, if I'm counting correctly.

KokoroDragon
May 16th, 2022, 06:52 AM
My short term goal is to learn new bun styles…and not forget them!

I'll join you in this goal! My current go-to bun is a LWB but it's starting to pull at the same bits of hair every day and I'd like to switch it up.

-Aithne-
May 16th, 2022, 07:09 AM
I'll join you in this goal! My current go-to bun is a LWB but it's starting to pull at the same bits of hair every day and I'd like to switch it up.

I know what you mean about the hair pulling. I'm trying the chameleon now (because the name is neat) and it feels like a heavier style (either that or I had a headache from hay fever).

I’ll have to try that Lazy Wrap Bun next :) Thank you for the idea (and reply!) and I wish you all the successes with your goal (oh, and a low or super high Celtic knot kind of bun seems to be very comfortable for me…maybe it would work for you, too?)

alewyn
May 18th, 2022, 06:41 AM
I think I need a less strict short term goal (my original one was to not redo my hairstyle throughout the day unless I'm leaving the house). I'm definitely doing better about leaving it alone, but making the goal so black and white means that if I "fail" I just give up for the day and handle my hair whenever.

New short term goal: Only redo my hairstyle when I'm at home if it is physically uncomfortable, at risk of falling down, or I have a need to change the shape of my hair to accommodate an activity. I'm also giving myself 2 free redos for no reason per day.

Bat
May 19th, 2022, 05:20 PM
Looks like I made it. The 9th is tomorrow and I have no dye at home to do my hair tonight yay.

Edit: I bleached my hair for a job interview May 10 but my new goal from now is no more bleach or trims. Til May 20

Success! Starting tomorrow no trims or bleach until June 1st :D begins

Corvana
May 19th, 2022, 07:29 PM
Success! Now no trims or bleach until June 1st :D

Nice!!

-----

I've minorly amended my short term goal. Instead of trying for daily, I've realized that every other day is actually a little bit better for me. My hair likes every day, but currently I just can't manage that! But every other day? I think I can do that one.

memeow
May 20th, 2022, 09:04 AM
Success! Starting tomorrow no trims or bleach until June 1st :D begins

Congratulations Bat!!

Potauvert
May 20th, 2022, 10:40 AM
My short term goal is to do scalp massage everyday until the beginning of June to see if it makes a difference. I will do it two times per day during five minutes.

For nom I'm okay with this goal, it is easy for now and I want to add a new short term goal because i'm a bit obsessionnal with this. No measure until the beginning of june !

Bat
May 23rd, 2022, 12:04 AM
Buzz sides and bleach + Turquoise May 21. A day after I finished the last goal

Oh well no retouch until 5th June

Abacus
May 31st, 2022, 04:03 PM
I wore a scarf over my head when I went to the beach the other day, and came home to find, to my surprise, that my hair wasn't a dry fried mess from the sun like it usually is after a day out. Who'd have thought.

New goal: Covering my hair when I go outside.

It's getting easier and easier to pin my hair up now that it's getting longer, so it's not even that much more effort to throw a scarf around my head. I'm investing in a few very light gauzy scarves, and maybe some satin headscarves, and wearing them with big sunglasses like a 60s movie star.

Short term goal: cover my hair every time I go outside during the day for the rest of the week (until Sunday)

Bat
May 31st, 2022, 04:09 PM
4-5 days to go before my newest goal is completed I'm going to make it :D

Potauvert
June 1st, 2022, 04:24 AM
For nom I'm okay with this goal, it is easy for now and I want to add a new short term goal because i'm a bit obsessionnal with this. No measure until the beginning of june !

It is okay because I ask to my boyfriend to take the meter. Now I want to massage my scalp everyday and take no measure until 1st september.

Short and long term goal aha.

rosenester
June 2nd, 2022, 06:37 AM
I can tell my hair is finally growing after a bit of a stall… but I’m setting a goal to not measure the length, S&D, or otherwise inspect my ends until the 21st.

Bat
June 3rd, 2022, 02:22 PM
My next goal finishes tomorrow so I may as well extend it so no retouch until the 7th

momof3mary
June 4th, 2022, 07:25 AM
Still growing towards a mulletish pixie. The mullet is beginning so that's exciting!

Bat
June 5th, 2022, 01:55 AM
Still growing towards a mulletish pixie. The mullet is beginning so that's exciting!
Your hair must grow really fast :o

momof3mary
June 5th, 2022, 07:40 AM
Your hair must grow really fast :o

My son noted that my hair seems to be growing faster this time, I'm not sure why. My little mullet is always the first to take off though, while the rest of my hair moves at a snails pace.

Bat
June 5th, 2022, 08:58 AM
My son noted that my hair seems to be growing faster this time, I'm not sure why. My little mullet is always the first to take off though, while the rest of my hair moves at a snails pace.

Mine seems a bit faster too which is nice
-----
Failed a goal: bleached and Colored again I'm really thinking of giving up growing clearly I just can't do it, it seems the harder I try to grow, the more I sabotage it.

momof3mary
June 5th, 2022, 09:40 AM
Mine seems a bit faster too which is nice
-----
Failed a goal: bleached and Colored again I'm really thinking of giving up growing clearly I just can't do it, it seems the harder I try to grow, the more I sabotage it.

Grow it out anyway, I know tons of folks that bleach and change colors constantly that have hair past their tailbones. My neighbor is one, she just swears by mayo treatments after bleaching before adding the fun colors. I know the colors can be hard to remove and change though. Do whatever makes you happy!

Glitch
June 6th, 2022, 12:29 AM
Grow it out anyway, I know tons of folks that bleach and change colors constantly that have hair past their tailbones. My neighbor is one, she just swears by mayo treatments after bleaching before adding the fun colors. I know the colors can be hard to remove and change though. Do whatever makes you happy!

Same here! My own bestie used to have super long bleached blonde hair :) She had grown it from about SL down to TBL while bleaching. She said it wasn't healthy (as expected, especially with her frequent touch ups), but it was gorgeous and looked just fine to anyone else. I actually loved it so much that I ended up getting my own hair bleached blonde (though I had a bad end result from a salon, and my hair type definitely can't handle much bleach). Although her now-natural FTL hair is stunning, that blonde look will always be my favorite. Sort of like how my red hair will always be my favorite even though my current natural hair is nice. :toast:

Bat
June 6th, 2022, 07:21 AM

I will take it day by day but might not do goals anymore

momof3mary
June 6th, 2022, 11:37 AM
I will take it day by day but might not do goals anymore
I can understand that.

Abacus
June 7th, 2022, 02:37 PM
I met my goal of covering my hair from the sun every time I went out over the past week (All the dog walks and beach walks and farmer's market walks and being in the car etc etc). I'm going to go for another week! It's actually easier than I thought now that I have a gauzy scarf that doesn't make me too hot and I feel like I don't look too bad in.

Notable results: My hair seems to be able to retain its moisture a lot better since making a habit of covering it. It doesn't really feel hot and fried after being outside. Noticeably cool in temperature and moisturized-feeling after coming back in.

cinamio
June 8th, 2022, 09:14 AM
My goal for the summer is not to measure my hair at all, and to bun as often as possible.

momof3mary
June 8th, 2022, 03:04 PM
I'm doing okay with my goal of not cutting on it, so far it's grown about 3/4 of an inch since I cut it off again. I have a part again and it looks like a pixie cut now.

Bat
June 9th, 2022, 06:30 PM
Ok I lied I'll have a small goal, grow my sides back out more of a long term goal really but I'll take it a month at a time

stephlynette
June 10th, 2022, 05:53 PM
not going to measure again until December if possible.

Potauvert
June 14th, 2022, 02:55 PM
I failed. After three weeks I measured and take one picture but it is quite okay. For now I want to stop measuring my hair until the end of the month.

olivetime
June 15th, 2022, 03:44 AM
New short term goal: no length pic til my birthday!

Gia11
June 15th, 2022, 12:14 PM
My short term goal is to reach classic length.

rosenester
June 15th, 2022, 04:28 PM
I can tell my hair is finally growing after a bit of a stall… but I’m setting a goal to not measure the length, S&D, or otherwise inspect my ends until the 21st.

So far so good! Just a few more days, helps to be super busy!

rosenester
June 21st, 2022, 11:41 AM
This was a good test for me. Now my short term goal is to wait 3 weeks before I S&D again, and slightly longer term goal to wait 3 months to measure the length & do another trim (so trim ‘scheduled’ for fall equinox)

Zesty
June 21st, 2022, 12:48 PM
Very short term -- I'm not going to measure until July 1.

Traceylouise226
July 5th, 2022, 01:35 PM
Mine is to stop needing bobby pins for the fringe I'm growing out. Oh, regrets. :shudder:

dancedance
July 5th, 2022, 02:02 PM
Mine is to stop needing bobby pins for the fringe I'm growing out. Oh, regrets. :shudder:

I feel you! Im kind of enjoying my wild wavy bangs for now but I'm looking forward to the day I can wear them as curtain bangs.

Alien Girl
July 5th, 2022, 10:33 PM
To try out a sugar scrub a few times in the next two weeks. And to finally make flaxseed gel and use it!!

pisinoe
July 6th, 2022, 12:00 PM
Short term goal: no length pic until August 10th, a year since I've last cut my hair!

Myx
July 6th, 2022, 06:09 PM
Short term goal: Come up with protective styles for work that work well for me and are easy to do at 3:30am, and wear protective covering every day outside. I just got my first Buff for the occasion!

0xalis
July 7th, 2022, 01:53 PM
Thinking about growing to a pixie, but will have to see how it feels. I still really don't like the way I look with a buzz cut but I'm really enjoying short hair.

rosenester
July 15th, 2022, 08:15 AM
I new goal is after I was my hair, to plan to have at least one day where I do not brush my hair to detangle… just redo the bun with finger detangling and maybe a little smoothing if needed.

My other short term goals continue to be to
wait until july 20th to take a photo of the back of my hair
only measure it to confirm a milestone (impatient to hit WL) or how much to trim, and
not trim until Sept 20th

xanthochromia
July 15th, 2022, 08:37 AM
What a good idea for a thread, Bat!

I want to wear my hair up at home every day until July 27 and redo it as few times as possible, only for security or a change of activity like Alewyn. I have been good about wearing it up when going out, but I know I need to do it at home too. My hair is a little past APL now (started at pixie, joined LHC at a jaw-length bob), and is rapidly approaching the longest my hair has ever been (a little more past APL but definitely not MBL, way back in 2005!). At that time/length it broke off at the same rate it was growing, so I know I need to start being very careful! The ends were bleached and I'm actually using conditioner, so hopefully it won't be quite as fragile this time around.

Bat
July 15th, 2022, 01:38 PM
Thanks! I didn't expect that anyone would like it

dancedance
July 16th, 2022, 05:06 AM
My short term goal is to figure out a protective hairstyle I can wear while jogging that won't fall out. I tried the Lilla Rose Flexi Sport and it is WAY too small, completely useless.

I think I might try one of those army buns...

xanthochromia
July 16th, 2022, 06:43 AM
My short term goal is to figure out a protective hairstyle I can wear while jogging that won't fall out. I tried the Lilla Rose Flexi Sport and it is WAY too small, completely useless.

I think I might try one of those army buns...

Is an English braid not protective enough? You could do a high ponytail first and then braid it to keep more of the length off of your back - this works well for my APL 1b/F/i/ii hair. Putting that braid into a cinnamon bun with a few u-pins is my standard dance class hair, which would certainly also work for jogging.

dancedance
July 20th, 2022, 12:40 PM
Is an English braid not protective enough? You could do a high ponytail first and then braid it to keep more of the length off of your back - this works well for my APL 1b/F/i/ii hair. Putting that braid into a cinnamon bun with a few u-pins is my standard dance class hair, which would certainly also work for jogging.

I'm definitely going to try a standard braided bun and see if I can find a way to make it stay up. I'm not sure if I'm just bad at pinning or if my hair is too slippery, but I have a lot of trouble getting buns to hold for exercise. I think I will try using a hair net along with my pins, hopefully that will work.

Unfortunately I cant just braid it and leave the braid down because I run home from work. I have to wear a backpack to carry my work clothes & lunch tupperware. Even if I ponytail it before braiding, it's long enough that it always wants to get between my back and the backpack.

I've also tried pigtail braids pulled to the front, but they rub against the backpack straps or get caught under them. Very frustrating.

Ylva
July 20th, 2022, 09:25 PM
My short-term goal is to stand not cutting my hair for another couple of months, until the autumn equinox.

lapushka
July 21st, 2022, 03:12 AM
My short-term goal is to stand not cutting my hair for another couple of months, until the autumn equinox.

That's not that far off, in truth, so, I'm willing to bet you can do it! :) :thumbsup:

pisinoe
July 21st, 2022, 02:53 PM
Short term goal: no length pic until August 10th, a year since I've last cut my hair!

I already failed but let me try again hahahah

Ylva
July 21st, 2022, 04:07 PM
That's not that far off, in truth, so, I'm willing to bet you can do it! :) :thumbsup:

I think so as well! I've largely forgotten about my hair in the midst of everything for the past almost a year now so 2 more months is nothing! :grin:

KokoroDragon
July 27th, 2022, 08:18 PM
New goal: figure out how much leave-in I need to use. The bottle says a "dollop" which isn't helpful at all. :lol:

Bat
July 28th, 2022, 05:09 AM
New goal: figure out how much leave-in I need to use. The bottle says a "dollop" which isn't helpful at all. :lol:

Enough to rub between your hands without seeing much of the product left afterwards

LongLocke
July 28th, 2022, 05:17 AM

That's right up there with a smidgen

Bat
July 28th, 2022, 05:35 AM
My goal still no trimming keeping my hair black using toner only trying to stay away from bleach

olivetime
July 28th, 2022, 12:56 PM
New short term goal: no length pic til my birthday!

This goal was more or less successful (took several pics surrounding my bday hahaha).

New short term goal....no length pics til October, and cold water only for as long as possible. My own little experiment!

Bat
August 12th, 2022, 05:09 AM
My goal still no trimming keeping my hair black using toner only trying to stay away from bleach

Surpringly enough I've stayed away from bleach and it's still black and the black is a semi so I consider it a success

New short term goal is to not trim or dye for atleast 50 days

Bat
October 7th, 2022, 05:23 AM
Haha! Failed it of course, let's see if I can hold off trims until December

lapushka
October 7th, 2022, 08:52 AM
Haha! Failed it of course, let's see if I can hold off trims until December

At this point, Bat, is it seriously still a reasonable goal? :hmm: I mean you do you, but I would just call it a day, keep it nice and short and just have fun with it. Long hair will still be here if you are ready for it; and it's not failure, and it doesn't mean you have to leave or we don't want you here, but the struggle man, every time I see you go through this and I go... noooo! :lol:

Obsidian
October 7th, 2022, 05:22 PM
My short term goal is to get past my 1" buzz without doing anything to it.
I find this time of year I always want to go lighter/brighter as the weather turns cool and grey

Bat
October 7th, 2022, 05:50 PM
At this point, Bat, is it seriously still a reasonable goal? :hmm: I mean you do you, but I would just call it a day, keep it nice and short and just have fun with it. Long hair will still be here if you are ready for it; and it's not failure, and it doesn't mean you have to leave or we don't want you here, but the struggle man, every time I see you go through this and I go... noooo! :lol:

I'll give up when I'm dead 🤣

Lady Stardust
October 8th, 2022, 02:36 AM
My short term goal is to get past my 1" buzz without doing anything to it.
I find this time of year I always want to go lighter/brighter as the weather turns cool and grey

Maybe your new salt and pepper look will help with that! My mum didn’t like her natural hair colour and when she eventually went salt and pepper, she was so much happier because it was lighter than her pigmented hair. It really suited her.

Your salt and pepper combination looks really lovely so hopefully growing longer will make it even more apparent.

Ylva
October 8th, 2022, 02:49 AM
I'll give up when I'm dead 🤣

:rockerdud That’s a good attitude! :D

Bat
October 8th, 2022, 04:45 AM
:rockerdud That’s a good attitude! :D

thanks! I've been wanting long hair since I was 16, what is another 50 odd years? LMAO

ladyofthewoods
October 8th, 2022, 09:17 AM
My major short term goal, is to be at finger tip length by March.

Obsidian
October 8th, 2022, 11:12 AM
Maybe your new salt and pepper look will help with that! My mum didn’t like her natural hair colour and when she eventually went salt and pepper, she was so much happier because it was lighter than her pigmented hair. It really suited her.

Your salt and pepper combination looks really lovely so hopefully growing longer will make it even more apparent.

Thank you, I do like the salt and pepper look and hope it will help. I just wish there was a bit more salt in the mix

lapushka
October 8th, 2022, 12:13 PM
I'll give up when I'm dead ��

LOL! Gotcha! :D I totally get it, you know, but it's so hard to waaaatch. Hahaha!

Bat
October 8th, 2022, 02:17 PM
LOL! Gotcha! :D I totally get it, you know, but it's so hard to waaaatch. Hahaha!

Close your eyes xD

fairy_hair
October 8th, 2022, 03:21 PM
My goal is to grow my hair as long and healthy as it can be! I grew it to thigh length a few years back, but cut it to shoulder length and now want to regrow. I did love it for months but I feel so myself growing it long. :) currently, it has grown to approx BSL. My short term goal is to continue to treat my low iron (using heme iron) to try and get my stunted front hairs to grow long like the rest. I hope they will thicken up and grow longer, and that the rest will also grow thicker and faster, too! Next step, waist length. Such a long journey!

lapushka
October 8th, 2022, 03:27 PM
Close your eyes xD

;) I'll try to avoid it, Bat, but it's difficult. I am so rooting for you *every* single time and then suddenly yep it's short again. :lol: ;) But hey, it's better to have it short for a reason than going through the constant frustration of cutting, regret, cutting regret. It's just not healthy. :(

Bat
October 8th, 2022, 08:34 PM
;) I'll try to avoid it, Bat, but it's difficult. I am so rooting for you *every* single time and then suddenly yep it's short again. :lol: ;) But hey, it's better to have it short for a reason than going through the constant frustration of cutting, regret, cutting regret. It's just not healthy. :(

Growing my hair even with all the fails gives me something to aim for, I just exist other wise

GoatLady
October 9th, 2022, 02:12 PM
My short term goals are to get my hair into great condition and to reach WL by New Years.

rosenester
October 18th, 2022, 05:29 PM
I can’t remember which thread I was discussing this, and can’t find my comment…

I had a goal to not trim until December 20th, to go a full 3 months between trims. -I failed and trimmed a tiny dusting- It felt crispy like I missed a section during my trim last month. The length is unchanged, and I deep conditioned today to see if that helps too.

New short term goal: no scissors until December 20th (give or take a day or 2). So 2 months no trims & no S&D- just cool it and hide the scissors from myself :wannabe:

Bat
October 21st, 2022, 04:14 AM
Not to trim until December as late in the month is possible if I can't do 2 months there's no point doing no trims next year

Charlotterabbit
December 2nd, 2023, 05:07 AM
Hello!
My short term goal is that I want to do the hair inversion method, a week of every month until July!
And I also want to try washing my hair with natural Soap, for a few weeks. And hopefully by summer my hair will reach BSL (^_^)/~~

gghh
December 2nd, 2023, 09:51 AM
Hello!
My short term goal is that I want to do the hair inversion method, a week of every month until July!
And I also want to try washing my hair with natural Soap, for a few weeks. And hopefully by summer my hair will reach BSL (^_^)/~~

Omg good luck!!! I’m trying to do the inversion method until January :)))

Chasemi
December 4th, 2023, 07:10 PM
I don't know if the inversion method has any benefits (statistically, it doesn't seem to) but it certainly feels good! I like to do it a few days a week! Let me know how it goes

My short term goal is to wait until Christmas to take a length shot, and no trims until then either!

bitter
December 5th, 2023, 08:20 AM
I want to learn how to use a hair stick! My hair keeps breaking off when I use a backpack or wear my job uniform :(

constancev18
December 5th, 2023, 10:35 AM
Omg good luck!!! I’m trying to do the inversion method until January :)))

Me too on the inversion! Trying for 5 mins a day faithfully for Dec (minus the 2 days I couldn't be bothered). I know, there is no "try" in "do," so I'm vowing to hunker down for business.

@Chasemi, I'll look for the scholarly article but basically increased blood flow to the scalp improves/stimulates follicle growth as compared to no intervention. Scalp massages, specific tinctures/solutions applied to the scalp, and inversion are working on the same principle but expect no phenomenal growth.

HHG!

Chasemi
December 5th, 2023, 05:49 PM
Me too on the inversion! Trying for 5 mins a day faithfully for Dec (minus the 2 days I couldn't be bothered). I know, there is no "try" in "do," so I'm vowing to hunker down for business.

@Chasemi, I'll look for the scholarly article but basically increased blood flow to the scalp improves/stimulates follicle growth as compared to no intervention. Scalp massages, specific tinctures/solutions applied to the scalp, and inversion are working on the same principle but expect no phenomenal growth.

HHG!

Yes! I've read similar ones too! I meant that the inversion method versus just massages, which is what there isn't proof of. The massages do help!

Bat
December 5th, 2023, 06:06 PM
Short term goal no bleach until March and go to a professional only

constancev18
December 5th, 2023, 07:04 PM
Yes! I've read similar ones too! I meant that the inversion method versus just massages, which is what there isn't proof of. The massages do help!

You're right! I wish inversion + scalp massages + ointment made of fairy dust and unicorn tears would yield 3x the benefit. Man, that would be stellar.

Simone_Fatale
December 6th, 2023, 09:48 AM
My short term goal is to reach APL in about half a year. I'm past collarbone.

Aerya
December 6th, 2023, 09:57 AM
Reach solid hip sometime in spring and not cut it off this time. :lol:

cadaverinna
December 7th, 2023, 08:20 PM
Currently I'm dying to trim it by the end of this month. I'm very scissor-happy so I'll try to have some self-control and just cut the dead bits. I got an amazing hair serum that probably saved me a few cms I thought were gone but apparently they just needed some loving.

I'll keep the butterfly cut to experiment w non-super-blunt ends, after that we're back on a 6-month long trim strike. I join both the 2024 year-long and first half only no-trim challenges bc I'm not sure I can go a year on S&D alone, I like freshly-cut ends and having super long hair is kind of my thing.

Simone_Fatale
December 8th, 2023, 09:25 AM
Short term goal: Ditching the hair fryer TOTALLY until the start of 2024 at least. I got addicted to it in the last couple of years but I really wanna spare my hair from heat and see my natural texture come to life again!

gghh
December 9th, 2023, 01:18 AM
I want to get to the base of my thumb!! Classic is at where my wrist meets my hand. I wonder how long it’ll take

vanillacake
December 29th, 2023, 03:35 PM
Reach MBL with no trims after next week.

jenniferrae
December 29th, 2023, 05:03 PM
My short term goal is to get to proper hip with my hair hanging loose. Right now, when I pull it taut, it's barely grazing the top of the hip bone. I'm doing no trim 2024 since I just had a good trim in October and am aiming for some good growth and wearing a braid most of the time now, which is a new degree of protection for me.

Bat
January 1st, 2024, 03:13 AM
Getting back to Pixie with my Natural Colour stage is my first goal which takes about 4 months

ravin_de_csupo
January 5th, 2024, 04:22 AM
My goal is to get through this month while keeping my hair in a protective style. I’m so tempted to take it down, I don’t know why. When I get antsy I try to step into the shower and just enjoy a good scalp massage, but the urge to take it down and mess with it is very strong!

fairy_hair
January 5th, 2024, 03:33 PM
My short term goal is to grow to TBL. I'm getting closer, I think I'm only 2 or 3 inches away now... may take 6 months but it will be a good progress stage.

GrazierGirl
January 8th, 2024, 07:27 PM
My short term goal is to reach APL, stretch wash day to 2 weeks from 1 week and oil my hair ends every other day.

ArtOfNoot
January 9th, 2024, 08:41 PM
My short term goal is to actually brush my hair every day these next 12 weeks of school. I've been lazily living in a braid and just re-twisting it into a bun to leave the house. I got some impressive tangles at the nape of my neck recently and I need to nip this habit in the bud sooner than later