PDA

View Full Version : I'm back!

dragoose01
February 20th, 2022, 05:16 PM
I decided to take a little break just so that I could get some things in order.

I was struggling with a dry/itchy scalp. Although it sort of went against what I was working towards in terms of curl care, I decided to switch to Head & Shoulders. My hair is less voluminous and less defined, BUT I am no longer struggling with a dry/itchy scalp! (I am planning to eventually switch to a curly hair line of shampoo for dry/itchy scalps to see if that helps.)

I also got a trim at the beginning of the year, and my hair has grown back to about where it was before I got it cut. I am pretty happy about that and excited to continue seeing growth! (After years of having my hair above my shoulders, I have started getting comments/compliments about how nice/long my hair is looking!:D:D)

I am attempting to not cut my hair for half the year/whole year because I have struggled with impulsively cutting it too short in the past. I don't know if that's the best course of action, but as long as my hair is looking/feeling healthy, I think I will be okay?? However, I am open to suggestions from those wiser than me when it comes to growing hair!

ArienEllariel
February 20th, 2022, 08:23 PM
Welcome back! I wish you lots of luck and good hair vibes along your hair journey :)

lapushka
February 21st, 2022, 08:07 AM
I decided to take a little break just so that I could get some things in order.

I was struggling with a dry/itchy scalp. Although it sort of went against what I was working towards in terms of curl care, I decided to switch to Head & Shoulders. My hair is less voluminous and less defined, BUT I am no longer struggling with a dry/itchy scalp! (I am planning to eventually switch to a curly hair line of shampoo for dry/itchy scalps to see if that helps.)

I also got a trim at the beginning of the year, and my hair has grown back to about where it was before I got it cut. I am pretty happy about that and excited to continue seeing growth! (After years of having my hair above my shoulders, I have started getting comments/compliments about how nice/long my hair is looking!:D:D)

I am attempting to not cut my hair for half the year/whole year because I have struggled with impulsively cutting it too short in the past. I don't know if that's the best course of action, but as long as my hair is looking/feeling healthy, I think I will be okay?? However, I am open to suggestions from those wiser than me when it comes to growing hair!

What you lose / dryness of the shampoo you can get back in if you moisturize enough (conditioner, lengths only; avoid the scalp at all costs).

That is why I condition twice after washing (WCC). The method, if you should want to read up, is in my signature, for ease of use.

But I guess... welcome back. :)

Eastbound&Down
February 21st, 2022, 08:39 AM
Welcome back, dragoose01 and happy growing!

Joyful Mystery
February 22nd, 2022, 10:35 AM
Welcome back! Good luck on your journey!

TatsuOni
February 24th, 2022, 11:03 AM
Welcome back! :)

Dark40
February 25th, 2022, 08:02 PM
Welcome back! :) And happy hair growing!