PDA

View Full Version : OMG I can't Believe what Morgan Donner Did!

bparnell75
January 29th, 2022, 05:47 PM
I have admired her lovely hair and retro hair styles for several years now. But she started cutting her
hair off on Youtube as I watched horrified and traumatized by what she was doing.
You will have to watch it to believe it.:dizzy:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wao0_uB4Zw4

neko_kawaii
January 29th, 2022, 05:50 PM
Oh! I saw that when she first posted it. Brilliant editing! But, why are you horrified?

ArienEllariel
January 29th, 2022, 07:30 PM
I know, I about screamed! I know she wanted to try something new but I've admired her hair for a while so it was really shocking to watch.

AmaryllisRed
January 29th, 2022, 07:35 PM
I don't think I've ever seen any of her videos before, but seeing this thread and following the link, I wasn't as surprised as I would have been if I were just coming upon the video casually.
She looks really cute with so many different hair styles and cuts. I actually liked the short style she had right before the buzz. She reminds me of a friend of mine who can totally pull off any length.

It also reminded me of that thread, Would you shave your head for a million dollars? She made it clear the video was sponsored-- I don't know how much the sponsor paid, but I've said before, I'd cut mine off if the price was right!

Kathie
January 29th, 2022, 07:58 PM
She did so much research for that video! I agree she looks great in all the styles and at least she cut her hair with purpose.

lapushka
January 30th, 2022, 01:44 AM
To be fair, that is such an awesome video. I thought this was going to be a bad haircut video (but no, thank goodness). She tried so many cute hairstyles on there. Wow. And in her pixie, that color difference is amazing. I first also thought that that was a bald patch, but it isn't. It is a very neat color difference! It is a big change for her, not gonna lie, but it suits her! I can't say it shocked me. I thought she did a well researched video on the whole. That is so amazing to watch, thank you for recommending.

I wasn't subscribed to her, but I'll do it, see where it leads me.
Thank you for the recommendation.

TatsuOni
January 30th, 2022, 07:23 AM
I saw that videoa while ago. Sure I was surprised when she started cutting, but overall I was very impressed with the video! Greatly done and it must have taken so much time and planning to execute it!

And long hair isn't for everyone. I myself have gone from long, to short, to buzz, to long in my life. None of it was ever a big deal, but what I wanted at the time.

lapushka
January 30th, 2022, 11:41 AM
I saw that videoa while ago. Sure I was surprised when she started cutting, but overall I was very impressed with the video! Greatly done and it must have taken so much time and planning to execute it!

And long hair isn't for everyone. I myself have gone from long, to short, to buzz, to long in my life. None of it was ever a big deal, but what I wanted at the time.

^^ That to me is such a great way of putting it! It is what's good for you, at the time of your life.

bparnell75
January 30th, 2022, 01:06 PM
Oh! I saw that when she first posted it. Brilliant editing! But, why are you horrified?

...that she wanted to cut her hair down to a buzz....That was 10 years of growth. she did it with no trauma.
Especially after so many long hair tutroriaLS!!

neko_kawaii
January 30th, 2022, 01:20 PM
...that she wanted to cut her hair down to a buzz....That was 10 years of growth. she did it with no trauma.
Especially after so many long hair tutroriaLS!!

You have never wanted a buzz cut? How strange! I know very few people who have not done at least a partial buzz cut at some point. Your head sticks to the pillow when it is first cut and it is so nice to rub your hand over.

ArienEllariel
January 30th, 2022, 01:28 PM
You have never wanted a buzz cut? How strange! I know very few people who have not done at least a partial buzz cut at some point. Your head sticks to the pillow when it is first cut and it is so nice to rub your hand over.

For me I know it's a texture thing. I've felt people's heads with a buzz cut and it felt spikey and I didn't like it. Would never, ever want one myself. But everyone is different.

lunalocks
January 30th, 2022, 01:33 PM
simply genius

EdG
January 30th, 2022, 01:52 PM
For me I know it's a texture thing. I've felt people's heads with a buzz cut and it felt spikey and I didn't like it. Would never, ever want one myself. But everyone is different.My old girlfriend used to refer to my short beard as a cactus. I would tell her that I am not a cactus. ;)
Ed

illicitlizard
January 30th, 2022, 02:07 PM
I saw this vid when it first came out! Such an amazing amount of research for a video and I loved all the stops along the way at different lengths, she has such an amazing head of hair. Will be interesting to see if she keeps it short now or grows it out again.
Her old long hair tutorials are grand too, though I may be biased as I enjoy her content generally.
I dunno if I could have done that all over such a short time period, just below shoulders to buzz was enough growth to cut off for me!

AmaryllisRed
January 30th, 2022, 02:27 PM
Oh no, I've never wanted a buzz cut, either. Nothing shorter than chin for me.

lapushka
January 30th, 2022, 03:54 PM
I'm with neko on this! ^^ I only started to grow really long again after mid-30, or so. I had classic length as a young teen (10/11) and in between those 2 stages of life, I had all sorts of lengths, from a shaved head, to BSL, to all sorts of (natural) colors. I thoroughly enjoyed my hair and all its versatility. I think I would have been a bored bee if I did not go through all those phases in my life! So I totally understand why someone would want a change and I don't fault them for it; why should I? :)

Aunt Rapunzel
January 30th, 2022, 04:04 PM

Wow, and I've only known a couple of friends who had a buzz cut. (And those guys only did so because they joined the military - so it wasn't by choice.) I have a few friends who have pixie cuts, but that's as short as any have gone.

I was really impressed with the research in the video content! I loved watching all of the different hairstyles she tried! And she seemed to thoroughly enjoy what she was doing. A buzz cut is something that I've never desired (it had never even entered my mind, actually) but she seemed to really have fun with what she was doing, so it was fun to watch her having fun. It WAS a (huge) surprise to see her actually cut her hair for the video! But like I said, she seemed to have fun with it! And maybe she was just ready for a big change, and used this as a unique path to that goal. I've had a lot of different lengths and have discovered that anything shorter than shoulder length is too short for me. But I do like testing out different lengths! And apparently so did she! :-D

Corvana
January 30th, 2022, 04:43 PM
Oh how interesting! It was surprising to be sure, but clearly she was totally fine with it. When I first went down to a pixie (never fully buzzed it off), I'd thought about it for a long time but when I cut it it was actually kinda spur of the moment XD

Also I really loved the editing! "Let me get that long hair back again..." :laugh:

Aunt Rapunzel
January 30th, 2022, 04:51 PM
Also I really loved the editing! "Let me get that long hair back again..." :laugh:

I loved that part, too! :laugh: I want to know the secret to that magic trick!

Corvana
January 30th, 2022, 05:12 PM
I loved that part, too! :laugh: I want to know the secret to that magic trick!

Having a VERY detailed outline for what length is needed for what years, and doing the styles via length and editing them via year is the real answer, but I think hair fairies is the more fun answer.

RebekahE
January 30th, 2022, 05:28 PM
It took me about 1/2 to 2/3 of the way through the vid before I believed she was actually truly cutting it off when I first watched it when it came out. I thought we were going to get to the end and it was a wig or something.
It was a greay video and took a lot of effort and thought.

neko_kawaii
January 30th, 2022, 05:36 PM
Having a VERY detailed outline for what length is needed for what years, and doing the styles via length and editing them via year is the real answer, but I think hair fairies is the more fun answer.

Where can I hire hair fairies to plan complicated things for me?

Corvana
January 30th, 2022, 06:02 PM
Where can I hire hair fairies to plan complicated things for me?

I would like to know, too!

PeonyBlue
January 31st, 2022, 01:37 AM
Great video, isn’t it? I remember reading on her Instagram that she mentioned she had been contemplating going really short for some time - and what a great and educational way to do it!

And to use her term, I think she looks so “danged cute” with shorter hair, even if I still have a preference for long ;)

lapushka
January 31st, 2022, 05:25 AM
Yes, PeonyBlue, it's amazing that she actually thought of "commemorating" her hair that way, kind of a great way to go through historical hairstyles as well. I loved the imagery in between. I can't imagine the work that must have taken her.

SelenVinland
January 31st, 2022, 11:32 AM
I remember seeing this video when it first came out and being shocked when she took the first cut, I really wasn’t expecting it hahaha. In her most recent video the buzz cut has grown out a few inches and it looks so, so cute on her. She really is the kind of person who can pull off multiple lengths/styles.

bparnell75
January 31st, 2022, 11:50 AM

NO never wanted a buzz cut, husband would not have stood for it either, but i did wear a pixie in the 70's when I was working full time At an air force base, trying to raise two boys and needing every minute for something else. It was easy but required washing every day. but having grown to classic the only reason I can see for cutting now would be if I am unable to care for it myself.

spidermom
January 31st, 2022, 12:03 PM

I've gone as short as maybe 1 inch but have never ever wanted a buzz cut.

lapushka
January 31st, 2022, 01:09 PM
NO never wanted a buzz cut, husband would not have stood for it either, but i did wear a pixie in the 70's when I was working full time At an air force base, trying to raise two boys and needing every minute for something else. It was easy but required washing every day. but having grown to classic the only reason I can see for cutting now would be if I am unable to care for it myself.

I am just thankful that my mom does with her appearance what she wants. :flower: To my dad it's all the same.

GrowlingCupcake
January 31st, 2022, 07:27 PM
I've wanted a buzz cut but solely because I want to see how my hair grows out. I don't actually want a buzz cut, it's just the idea of "starting from scratch" is kinda neat. I think I'd hate the actual cut; I don't like super short hair. Don't even like pixies.

_Melly_
January 31st, 2022, 09:20 PM
Oh I have seen her videos before, her hair is sooo pretty! She is rocking the short hair!! Go girl!

olivetime
August 23rd, 2022, 08:10 AM
Bumping this thread because I love this video, haha! Also check out Morgan's newer videos too, she comes up with the sweetest hair styles while growing out from buzzed!

Kake
August 23rd, 2022, 08:55 AM
My son just buzzed his, it's a thing 'round here with the teenage boys atm. I've not had the urge myself.

Hellebore
August 23rd, 2022, 10:24 AM
This was a fun video to watch! Her editing was super fun and it seemed like she really enjoyed the process.

Oddly enough, watching it really made me commit to growing my hair. I had recently been contemplating chopping it all off :(.

tuanyiji
August 24th, 2022, 12:37 AM
She’s on instagram, she just announced she’s preparing for an anniversary update video since the haircuts, she’s now open for Q&A, you can send the question on the comment there: https://www.instagram.com/p/ChkdPBqg9bd/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

ladyofthewoods
August 24th, 2022, 04:30 AM
I’ve never watched her before following your link. I’d never cut my hair into a buzz cut. I hope she doesn’t regret it as it would take about 3 years just to grow it to one length collar bone. If she loves then that’s great, everyone likes different looks and lengths. What might not be my thing will be someone else’s and someone else’s is not mine.

Dark40
August 25th, 2022, 10:17 AM
Wow! This is the first I have seen here video! Her new hair cut looks very cute on here. But I do love her with extremely long hair as well! Hopefully, in about another year or so she'll be wanting to let all of that beautiful long hair grow back. ;) I'd never cut my hair into a buzz cut either.

Dark40
August 25th, 2022, 10:20 AM
I’ve never watched her before following your link. I’d never cut my hair into a buzz cut. I hope she doesn’t regret it as it would take about 3 years just to grow it to one length collar bone. If she loves then that’s great, everyone likes different looks and lengths. What might not be my thing will be someone else’s and someone else’s is not mine.

Hey, I'm with ya' on that note. I would also never cut my hair into a buzz cut either. Yeah, I also hope she doesn't regret it either as it would take about 3 years just to grow it to one length collar bone.

mermaid lullaby
August 25th, 2022, 10:27 PM
I thought it was fascinating with 500 years of hairstyles.

lakhesis
August 26th, 2022, 12:56 PM
Awesome editing and I really appreciate the amount of planning and research that went into this.

But not going to lie, especially towards the end I did a lot of oh no... oh nooo shudder:

yes, everyone can do whatever they want with their hair but seeing a decade of growth being chopped off is simply horrifying to me

lapushka
August 26th, 2022, 05:27 PM
I find this so funny because LHC has this rule against chopping videos, wondering whether she just circumvented that rule. I mean, right? ;) :p

spirals
September 1st, 2022, 11:06 AM
I used to think that I would never cut my hair once it got past hip but more than once in the last couple of years I've considered bobbing it or going armpit length where I started. After the last 10 years of putting length above wurls and wearing it up all the time (well, before the last year; I've been wearing it down all the time), I am starting to pay more attention to the texture and care less about length. My friends/family would be shocked if I cut it.

lapushka
September 1st, 2022, 12:12 PM
I used to think that I would never cut my hair once it got past hip but more than once in the last couple of years I've considered bobbing it or going armpit length where I started. After the last 10 years of putting length above wurls and wearing it up all the time (well, before the last year; I've been wearing it down all the time), I am starting to pay more attention to the texture and care less about length. My friends/family would be shocked if I cut it.

Get you on that. I mean, they are so used to seeing me with a bun almost all the time. LOL!

baanoo
September 3rd, 2022, 02:37 PM
I finally watched this and found it delightful! I wasn’t familiar with her videos but if you’re a history-buff longhair hankering for a radical change, what an incredibly fun and nerdy way to do it.

lapushka
September 3rd, 2022, 02:49 PM
I finally watched this and found it delightful! I wasn’t familiar with her videos but if you’re a history-buff longhair hankering for a radical change, what an incredibly fun and nerdy way to do it.

I think, yes, she just came out with a video describing her journey from shaved, and how challenging it is; hang on, I will link it!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L9VqZXo0DKI
Called, "Everything I wish I knew before getting a buzz cut".

Ada-banana
September 4th, 2022, 07:03 AM
I just watched a 45 minutes video and didn't even get bored for one second. Now that's a good video! Well done.
She seems really happy with her buzz cut, really thought this through, so I'm not shocked and think it's really brave of her and she wanted a change.