PDA

View Full Version : How do I get my waves back?

sarah.ndipity
January 28th, 2022, 05:24 PM
I’ve been growing my hair from having it completely shaved. As it grew in I started having some natural curls, I’d say about 2c/3a. Now that’s my hair is to my shoulders it’s lost almost all my curl. Not sure if it’s product build up or lack of protein. I’ve been using the Cantu products as well as shea moisture protein mask. Nothing works. My hair has gone limp!

baanoo
January 28th, 2022, 05:27 PM
Well, step-one advice around here is always going to be to use a clarifying shampoo and see what comes of it - could be product buildup, could be a change in your water, could be something else… if you start with a clean slate, so to speak, it’s easier to figure it out.

lapushka
January 28th, 2022, 05:35 PM
Well, step-one advice around here is always going to be to use a clarifying shampoo and see what comes of it - could be product buildup, could be a change in your water, could be something else… if you start with a clean slate, so to speak, it’s easier to figure it out.

^^ Yes! All of the above. When is the last time you clarify washed (with a sulfate)?

shelomit
January 29th, 2022, 03:59 PM
I'm starting from about the same texture level as you. When I want my to have a "curly day," I shampoo it first and then throw as much moisture as I can at it over a short period. (And let it dry loose, although that's admittedly a pain in the winter : P)

olivetime
January 30th, 2022, 05:37 AM
As my hair gets heavier, I lose the curls/waves. Also the weather makes a difference!