PDA

View Full Version : Best/cute protective hairstyles for day/night

NaïaTheWitch
January 28th, 2022, 03:51 PM
Hi everyone! Hope you have a great day ;)

i was wondering if you could recommend me some protective hairstyles. Tried double braids/ Dutch braid for almost a month and my scalp really is thanking me lol. It seems like i care less about my hair growth and I’m less obsessed with my length and my hair state (which is really good since i usually have breakdowns about my length every week lmao)

so i really need to try new protective hairstyles that are really close to the scalp so i don’t think about my hair all day. If it’s a cute everyday hairstyle it’s a big plus! :D

Any help or comment is welcomed!!! :heartbeat

lapushka
January 28th, 2022, 04:21 PM
Hi everyone! Hope you have a great day ;)

i was wondering if you could recommend me some protective hairstyles. Tried double braids/ Dutch braid for almost a month and my scalp really is thanking me lol. It seems like i care less about my hair growth and I’m less obsessed with my length and my hair state (which is really good since i usually have breakdowns about my length every week lmao)

so i really need to try new protective hairstyles that are really close to the scalp so i don’t think about my hair all day. If it’s a cute everyday hairstyle it’s a big plus! :D

Any help or comment is welcomed!!! :heartbeat

I know you said it in a joking manner, but honestly? Hair is not that serious that you need to worry so much about it.

Length will come with time. I mean just try and imagine, next September, if you just keep growing now, where you'll be at. It always used to help, in my case, kind of looking forward, then realizing what you need to do today to make it happen.

How long is your hair now. The inches are kind of hard to imagine, especially if you don't use the LHC's way of measuring.

If it's shorter than shoulder, or around that length, I would avoid "styles" and anything constricting. Just my personal view on that.

NaïaTheWitch
January 28th, 2022, 04:43 PM
I know you said it in a joking manner, but honestly? Hair is not that serious that you need to worry so much about it.

Length will come with time. I mean just try and imagine, next September, if you just keep growing now, where you'll be at. It always used to help, in my case, kind of looking forward, then realizing what you need to do today to make it happen.

How long is your hair now. The inches are kind of hard to imagine, especially if you don't use the LHC's way of measuring.

If it's shorter than shoulder, or around that length, I would avoid "styles" and anything constricting. Just my personal view on that.

Yes i shouldn’t worry about it i know…
I lost my hair in middle school due to stress some years ago and since then it became really a big deal for me. To the point where i was doing to much and was damaging my already damaged ends.
I’m glad that now it’s just something like*“ugh wish it was longer/thicker“ and then move on for a whole week. But yeah used to be something i was thinking about everyday for some reason.
My hair is about mid back almost waist length and i try to micro trim/trim every month to maintain my length and mostly thickening my ends ( which became a lot thicker so I’m very about it!)
Just trying to find cute non damaging hairstyles to just appreciate my hair and my journey :)

lapushka
January 28th, 2022, 05:05 PM
Yes i shouldn’t worry about it i know…
I lost my hair in middle school due to stress some years ago and since then it became really a big deal for me. To the point where i was doing to much and was damaging my already damaged ends.
I’m glad that now it’s just something like*“ugh wish it was longer/thicker“ and then move on for a whole week. But yeah used to be something i was thinking about everyday for some reason.
My hair is about mid back almost waist length and i try to micro trim/trim every month to maintain my length and mostly thickening my ends ( which became a lot thicker so I’m very about it!)
Just trying to find cute non damaging hairstyles to just appreciate my hair and my journey :)

Oh it's almost waist? The world is your oyster. Personally, I leave my hair down at night (I love letting it breathe so to speak), because it's in a bun 24/7. LOL!

MusicalSpoons
January 28th, 2022, 06:31 PM
Buns are my go-to, but you could also try different styles of braids and if you need them out of the way, bun them or pin them up (spin pins or Amish pins, even bobby pins are okay as long as you don't cross them in the same place all the time and are careful taking them out) or you can even sew them up with ribbon or some other thin fabric cord.

Good threads for inspiration are the bun and the braid threads (active on the first page usually) and the hairstyle thesaurus which is pinned at the top of the Mane forum :D

If you do braids, keep an eye on whether hair elastics are okay for your hair or whether you need to tie them off with ribbon (braided in the last few stitches so it doesn't slip off) or perhaps suede cord or use the soft fabric type elastics.

shelomit
January 29th, 2022, 03:56 PM
At your length you should be able to do a coronet braid without trouble. That's one of my favorite styles: keeps the hair out of the way, looks put-together, comfortable to sleep in, and (at least for me) can stay in for four or five days before it starts to look sloppy.