PDA

View Full Version : This IS What This Beautiful Actress Does To Her Hair To Have Long Healthy Hair....

Dark40
January 23rd, 2022, 09:27 PM
Hi all,

I have an article to share with you all that talks about how this beautiful actress always have long beautiful healthy chemically-treated hair.

The secrets of how Jane Seymour keeps her hair looking so amazing - even at 70 | Daily Mail Online (https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-9558177/The-secrets-Jane-Seymour-keeps-hair-looking-amazing-70.html)

Please let me know what you tihnk?

blackgothicdoll
January 23rd, 2022, 10:00 PM
It looks like she's only a little past BSL?

Eta: it's also very notable that she states she avoids heat styling...

Micayla47
January 23rd, 2022, 10:50 PM
The article didn’t talk much about her hair but it was interesting. I’ve always liked her and her hair.

lapushka
January 24th, 2022, 04:35 AM
Dark, I doubt she has relaxers, though. So how chemically treated can you call it, really?

Jane no longer has hair that long. She cut it ages ago.

lovelyt
January 24th, 2022, 07:41 AM
Woah even if she didn't treat it chemically, it looks exceptional, no?
Like if you didn't care for your hair at all, it wouldn't look like that at 70. Looks better than mine haha

Dark40
January 24th, 2022, 08:54 AM
It looks like she's only a little past BSL?

Eta: it's also very notable that she states she avoids heat styling...

Yes, this article was published last year. So now, she is a little pass BSL!

Oh yes, it does talk about how she avoids heat styling...

The article didn’t talk much about her hair but it was interesting. I’ve always liked her and her hair.

Yes, you're right. It doesn't talk much about her hair but it is interesting. I also always liked her and her hair too.

Dark, I doubt she has relaxers, though. So how chemically treated can you call it, really?

Jane no longer has hair that long. She cut it ages ago.

Lapushka, I've known of her for over 30 years, and no she doesn't use relaxers. Because, her hair doesn't need them. Her hair type or texture is naturally pin straight. Well, didn't you read in the article that she goes to her hairdresser every three or four weeks to have it colored? The article also said her hairdresser weaves in three colors in order for her hair to come out to the color that it is now. And, color-treated hair is automatically considered chemically-treated. Especially, with hair color being a chemical.

BTW, that article was published last year, and I keep up with Jane every single day on Facebook. Her hair has grown back some to pass BSL!

ZoeZ
January 24th, 2022, 10:33 AM
Really hard to judge someone from those highly edited images.

akurah
January 24th, 2022, 11:23 AM
Lapushka, I've known of her for over 30 years, and no she doesn't use relaxers. Because, her hair doesn't need them. Her hair type or texture is naturally pin straight. Well, didn't you read in the article that she goes to her hairdresser every three or four weeks to have it colored? The article also said her hairdresser weaves in three colors in order for her hair to come out to the color that it is now. And, color-treated hair is automatically considered chemically-treated. Especially, with hair color being a chemical.

Not all color treated hair is created equal. If the hairdresser is not bleaching her hair and is putting deposit only dye (no ammonia, etc), it is effectively doing no damage. She does not specify, but based on the fact she avoids heat, I think it's very reasonable to assume she is not chemically processing her hair.

Ylva
January 24th, 2022, 12:07 PM
Well, I did like what she said here:

‘I don’t want to do anything permanent,’ she says. ‘I’m a sculptor, so I know that once you change one thing, you want to change another and then you’re chasing some kind of Barbie-doll illusion.’

I've arrived at this conclusion for myself as well. While I was bleaching my hair, I also felt like I needed to do a little bit of something to my face, and my body, and wear certain types of clothes... it really was a slippery slope. But now, I feel so emancipated just being my natural self. It seems to be the way to go - for me.

MusicalSpoons
January 24th, 2022, 12:08 PM
Not all color treated hair is created equal. If the hairdresser is not bleaching her hair and is putting deposit only dye (no ammonia, etc), it is effectively doing no damage. She does not specify, but based on the fact she avoids heat, I think it's very reasonable to assume she is not chemically processing her hair.

And even if she is, it's almost certainly a weaker developer than in box dye because her stylist (colourist?) would know exactly how much lift is needed, and no overlapping.

Kathie
January 24th, 2022, 02:27 PM
I do like her haircut in the cover photo, I've always been a fan of face-framing layers.

AmaryllisRed
January 24th, 2022, 05:26 PM
I do like her haircut in the cover photo, I've always been a fan of face-framing layers.

I do, too. I wish I could get mine to look like that (with that cut) without using heat.

Dark40
January 25th, 2022, 08:43 AM

Yes, you are right that not all color treated hair is created equal. I'm not sure if the hairdresser is using bleach or highlights on her hair. He/she might be putting deposit only dye (no ammonia, etc), it is effectively doing no damage. No, she doesn't specify, but yes based on the fact she does avoid heat. Surprisingly, I'm close friend of hers on facebook, and when I get a chance I will ask her if her hairdresser usese chemical dyes on her hair. This article says her hairdresser weaves in three colors every three or four weeks, and I've read on Jane's old website under her beauty tips link that her hairdresser weaves in blonde, red, and brown. Now, in order to get the blonde weaved in her hairdresser would have to be using some type of chemical to lift it up to blonde or close to blonde, and BTW...when you're using any type of hair coloring product whether it's a rinse, temporary, or one that doesn't have no ammonia it's still a chemical. Especially, if her color lasts. Which it does. That chestnut hair color she has on the cover or what she's been wearing for years is not her natural hair color.

She's a natural brunette. More like a chocolate brown. Because, in her first movie, "Live And Let Die," her she had her natural hair color, and it was a chocolate brown.

Alexandrina
January 25th, 2022, 07:50 PM
I admit I have no idea who this actress is, but it was interesting to see a celebrity routine!

Besides the professional dye she listed:
Mason Pearson hairbrush, Phyto shampoo and volumiser, a daily hair mask; and Ouai leave-in conditioner.

:hmm:

TatsuOni
January 26th, 2022, 09:34 AM
Not allowing those 1000 weird cookies and I don't have the time to click away all of them. So I'm not going to read it.

lapushka
January 27th, 2022, 05:35 PM
Not allowing those 1000 weird cookies and I don't have the time to click away all of them. So I'm not going to read it.

I did not click either. I know who Jane Seymour is. ;)

Dark40
February 8th, 2022, 09:36 PM
I admit I have no idea who this actress is, but it was interesting to see a celebrity routine!

Besides the professional dye she listed:
Mason Pearson hairbrush, Phyto shampoo and volumiser, a daily hair mask; and Ouai leave-in conditioner.

:hmm:

Yes, I know a lot of people don't know who this actress is but I really think she has a really hood routine to keep her color-treated hair heathy after each coloring treatment! Which I've also read that the kind of coloring treatments she uses every three or four weeks does not consume ammonia. She has always been good about good health and giving good tips on having healthy hair like hers!

ladyofthewoods
February 19th, 2022, 07:14 AM
I’m sure she has grey hair at her age, she might not need to bleach at all.

Arciela
February 19th, 2022, 08:42 AM
Well, I did like what she said here:

‘I don’t want to do anything permanent,’ she says. ‘I’m a sculptor, so I know that once you change one thing, you want to change another and then you’re chasing some kind of Barbie-doll illusion.’

I've arrived at this conclusion for myself as well. While I was bleaching my hair, I also felt like I needed to do a little bit of something to my face, and my body, and wear certain types of clothes... it really was a slippery slope. But now, I feel so emancipated just being my natural self. It seems to be the way to go - for me.

This is so true! I was the same way. Once one thing changed another had to. For me it was bleached hair, then fake tanner lotion, then the clothes thing. It's so nice you feel emancipated just being your natural self - that's a perfect way to describe the feeling.

luxurioushair
February 20th, 2022, 02:10 AM
She looks fabulous in general! Not just her hair!! Her workouts are paying off too.
I guess being a redhead helps because I read that their hair doesn't really grey, the colour just fades.
So she wouldn't suffer too much colour damage - and her hair is quite coarse as well with strong-looking strands.
I am always happy to see older ladies who keep their hair long instead of chopping it off.

lapushka
February 20th, 2022, 05:00 AM
Maybe it would not be a bad thing to look up Jane Seymour, in present times. Hate to burst the bubble but I think she has shorter hair now.

Dark40
February 25th, 2022, 08:20 PM
She looks fabulous in general! Not just her hair!! Her workouts are paying off too.
I guess being a redhead helps because I read that their hair doesn't really grey, the colour just fades.
So she wouldn't suffer too much colour damage - and her hair is quite coarse as well with strong-looking strands.
I am always happy to see older ladies who keep their hair long instead of chopping it off.

Yes, she does look fabulous in general! And not just the hair!! Yes, her workouts also are paying off as well. Well, she's not a natural redhead. If you look her up from her filmography from the 1970's she was born a natural brunette but if you read it in this article that her natural hair color was a medium golden brown before it started turning gray, and ever since she starred in Dr. Quinn Medicine Woman is when her hair stylist started coloring her hair red, and I had learned from her old website that her hair stylist uses less damaging hair coloring products on her hair too!! Well, I wouldn't say that her hair is quite course. Because, over the years she had always said that her hair type and texture was naturally pin-straight but she has a lot of it. I totally agree with you on that I am always happy to see older ladies who keep their hair long instead of chopping it all off. Because, some older ladies always want to chop it all off. Because, they always say it helps older people to look younger if they had shorter hair.

Dark40
February 25th, 2022, 08:22 PM
Maybe it would not be a bad thing to look up Jane Seymour, in present times. Hate to burst the bubble but I think she has shorter hair now.

Hey, I hate to burst your bubble just to let you know that I am her friend on Facebook and I am following her on there, and she always make videos very often on there, and the length of her hair is still very long. It's not as long as it was when she was in Dr. Quinn but it's 2" above hip length.

Aunt Rapunzel
February 26th, 2022, 11:58 AM
She posted a photo on Feb. 16th on Facebook, and her hair is about mid-back length. Definitely not even close to being just 2" above hip. But it's still QUITE lovely. I've always thought she had pretty hair. And I love that she has never cared what others think she should do with her hair. People have asked her over the years if she thought that "at her age" she should cut her hair, and she has never been concerned about that. Love it!

https://www.facebook.com/photo/?fbid=493150545508921&set=pcb.493150628842246

lapushka
February 26th, 2022, 02:16 PM
She posted a photo on Feb. 16th on Facebook, and her hair is about mid-back length. Definitely not even close to being just 2" above hip. But it's still QUITE lovely. I've always thought she had pretty hair. And I love that she has never cared what others think she should do with her hair. People have asked her over the years if she thought that "at her age" she should cut her hair, and she has never been concerned about that. Love it!

I thought as much. :) Thanks so much for saying that. I don't have Facebook, so wouldn't know. I just saw recent pictures on the "general" internet.

Dark40
March 2nd, 2022, 10:51 AM

Yes, in that photo her hair wasn't as close to being 2" above hip but it is still QUITE lovely! I've always admired her beautiful hair for many years ever since the mid 1980's when I first saw her starring in the most romantic movie of all time named, "Somewhere In Time." But the most where I love her hair is in her first movie called, "Live And Let Die!" Yes, I do remember over the years people asking her at her age if she should cut it or not. I'm glad that didn't concern her either! I love that too! I don't understand why soooo many people these always want you to cut. :shrug: But when I get her age I will never cut my hair just because I'm an older woman.