PDA

View Full Version : 4 Years of growing out my buzzcut!

illicitlizard
January 18th, 2022, 04:17 AM
So zazzed, today marks exactly 4 years since I cut all my dyed and fried hair off and started fresh! I'm now just above hip length (~30"+). I was excited to share what can happen if you let it grow. Those first couple of years of constantly checking it and obsessing gave way to a much more chilled out approach, which is exactly what it needs. No special tricks, just eating well, focusing on other things, avoiding damage from the usual suspects, and learning patience (put down the :scissors:). It will all come in time!
Anyway, here's the progress, from Jan 2018-Jan 2022. This is with trims, history in profile from memory.

https://i.imgur.com/uAlGgIMl.jpghttps://i.imgur.com/hlsQYu7l.jpg

Thanks LHC for being a constant source of moral support on this long and arduous path - now (hopefully) on to classic :p

paulownia
January 18th, 2022, 04:34 AM
Congratulations on the anniversary :D.
Amazing progress, your hair looks very healthy! That's what works, patience and putting scissors away:D enjoy your journey to classic.

Kathie
January 18th, 2022, 05:15 AM
Congrats! You made some pretty impressive growth progress each year.

foreveryours
January 18th, 2022, 05:29 AM
Wow, such impressively consistent gains (I wish mine grew that quickly). You'll be sitting on it before you know it!

Lady Stardust
January 18th, 2022, 05:31 AM
Congratulations :) Your hair is always beautiful and that’s incredible progress!

Mariekeeee14
January 18th, 2022, 05:53 AM
Congrats, it looks amazing and soft!:flower:

knobbly
January 18th, 2022, 07:09 AM
Congrats! Your hair is gorgeous and I’m always so impressed by your regular photo taking habits!!

lapushka
January 18th, 2022, 07:24 AM
Congratulations! Yes: put down the scissors. It's simple advice but you wouldn't believe the back and forth at shorter lengths especially when growing out, the urge to cut is very pressing almost there, but if you can withstand that, you can do anything!

Sarahlabyrinth
January 18th, 2022, 07:58 AM
Wow, such fast growth with beautiful results! :D

Bat
January 18th, 2022, 08:33 AM
congrats!, it looks gorgeous

JasminxCat
January 18th, 2022, 11:09 AM
Wow congratulations. I've always loved your hair. I never knew you came from a buzz cut! Bravo!

thatsideoflife
January 18th, 2022, 11:18 AM
Amazing! Absolutely dreamy hair and perfect inspiration.

shelomit
January 18th, 2022, 05:19 PM
Wow! What a dramatic change. Congrats : D

PeonyBlue
January 18th, 2022, 08:21 PM
What a great post - your story should be great inspiration for others!

Bright
January 18th, 2022, 08:46 PM
Congratulations! Your hair looks so beautiful and healthy! :blossom:

lapushka
January 19th, 2022, 01:51 AM

Yes I love that you posted the whole update, OP! :D

bokeh
January 19th, 2022, 12:36 PM
It's so interesting to see your four year progression! Your hair was pretty at every stage but that last photo! Just gorgeous!

0xalis
January 20th, 2022, 07:02 AM
This is so awesome and inspiring, thank you for sharing with us :inlove:

BexLocks
January 20th, 2022, 07:12 AM
Congratulations! Your hair is beautiful! I love your journey pics. Thank you for sharing.

Corvana
January 20th, 2022, 04:58 PM
Congratulations! It looks great!

Estrid
January 21st, 2022, 03:02 AM
Congrats on 4 years!! Your hair has grown a lot and I love the colour :o

olivetime
January 21st, 2022, 08:52 AM
Yay!! Inspiring ♡

illicitlizard
January 23rd, 2022, 05:45 AM
I haven't had time this week to respond to this post until now, thank you all so much for the comments, I really appreciate all the kind words! :blossom:
I hope this can be helpful for those caught in the mires of the awkward stage, you can get here too! Join me :p

Wow, such impressively consistent gains (I wish mine grew that quickly). You'll be sitting on it before you know it!
I do have the advantage of minimal height :p I've been quite pleased with how consistent my hair has been, in spite of the inconsistency of my habits. Hopefully soon It'll be long enough to sit on, then maybe one day I'll venture down to such epic lengths as yours!

Congratulations! Yes: put down the scissors. It's simple advice but you wouldn't believe the back and forth at shorter lengths especially when growing out, the urge to cut is very pressing almost there, but if you can withstand that, you can do anything!
Yes! Absolutely this, the obsession at shorter lengths makes it so hard to commit to letting it grow out. It's always the temptation to make it look styled (because let's face it, some lengths are just, so difficult to make look good at those shorter inbetween lengths), vs growing out. But the delayed gratification of growing combined with the pressing urge to cut = a recipe for lots of back and forth!

:blossom: aw thank you so very much, I loved seeing these kinds of progress pics when I was just starting to grow it out, gave me a lot of hope, so hoping it will do the same for others!

It's so interesting to see your four year progression! Your hair was pretty at every stage but that last photo! Just gorgeous!
Thank you! I'm feeling really good about my hair since that last cut in October, it finally feels like "me" :o

foreveryours
January 23rd, 2022, 07:49 AM
I haven't had time this week to respond to this post until now, thank you all so much for the comments, I really appreciate all the kind words! :blossom:
I hope this can be helpful for those caught in the mires of the awkward stage, you can get here too! Join me :p

I do have the advantage of minimal height :p I've been quite pleased with how consistent my hair has been, in spite of the inconsistency of my habits. Hopefully soon It'll be long enough to sit on, then maybe one day I'll venture down to such epic lengths as yours!

Be careful what you wish for! :p

TatsuOni
January 23rd, 2022, 09:52 AM
Congrats! Your hair is really beautiful! :)