PDA

View Full Version : Folded braid-mesmerising!!!

pdy2kn6
November 15th, 2008, 06:56 AM
I have always found the look of folded braids so fascinating. The other day I saw an afrocarribean male doctor, his hair was in tiny braids and then plaited and folded up behind his head. I thought it looks sooo great. Also a while ago when I was in China there was a young girl with a braid folded so many times on the back of her head. Do any of you guys find it mesmerising too? The idea of so much hair hidded folded up, never knowing how long the hair actually is is so interesting i find. I so hope to be able to fold my hair up so many times so it looks as big as the examples i saw did. Do any you guys do the folded braid updo alot? What do you use to hold it up?

Xandergrammy
November 15th, 2008, 07:36 AM
I wear a folded braid often. I use a Ficcare, Flexi-8, slide or African Butterfly to hold it up. I find the style very comfy and sometimes I do surprise people who don't know how long my hair is. First they see me with the folded braid and then a regular braid the next day and some new people tell me they didn't realize how long it was. I also think it would be a great look for a man.

MandaMom2Three
November 15th, 2008, 10:25 AM
I don't know if I've ever seen one! I'm off to go look for pics :D

Calista
November 15th, 2008, 10:33 AM
I don´t care much for the folded braid, because it tends to pull on my scalp. I get what you mean about the "hidden hair", though. I love to wear buns for exactly that reason - so nobody knows how long my hair really is!

embee
November 15th, 2008, 10:45 AM
I like the secretness aspect, though I have lots of trouble with folded braids. My hair is thin, fine, and straight - and when I fold the braid I have this unbraided bit, the ends, and I've never figured out what to do with it to look nice. My folded braid has no body, doesn't look big, and *isn't* big enough to hide the tail ends. :(

Alas.

pdy2kn6
November 15th, 2008, 12:22 PM
by the way, feel free to post your pictures of your folded braids!

Kuchen
November 15th, 2008, 01:37 PM
by the way, feel free to post your pictures of your folded braids!

What if you get mesmerised by them and forget to go to work?

Chromis
November 15th, 2008, 01:41 PM
Boy you sure do want us to post a lot of pictures of ourselves! :hmm:

You first, eh?

harpgal
November 16th, 2008, 10:01 AM
by the way, feel free to post your pictures of your folded braids!Ah ha! LOL!

MissMaryMac
November 16th, 2008, 01:20 PM
I don't think I know what a folded braid is. I did a quick search but couldn't find any good photos. Can anyone offer any links?

pdy2kn6
November 16th, 2008, 01:35 PM
Boy you sure do want us to post a lot of pictures of ourselves! :hmm:

You first, eh?

I don't quite understand what you are meaning? I just think they look really interesting

savi
November 16th, 2008, 01:40 PM
I don't think I know what a folded braid is. I did a quick search but couldn't find any good photos. Can anyone offer any links?
Sure. Here's one (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/vbjournal.php?do=article&articleid=55), and another (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/vbjournal.php?do=article&articleid=68).
I like them for jogging since they're comfy.

Yellowmoon
November 16th, 2008, 01:41 PM
I like this style! I have a collection of leather barrettes and also 1 flexi-8 to hold it.

MissMaryMac
November 16th, 2008, 01:45 PM
Sure. Here's one (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/vbjournal.php?do=article&articleid=55), and another (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/vbjournal.php?do=article&articleid=68).
I like them for jogging since they're comfy.
Thank you! Pretty simple looking, I'm gonna try it. ;)

pdy2kn6
November 16th, 2008, 01:47 PM
I think they look almost tribal, as if from a different culture, i cant wait till i have enough hair to do this style

joyfulmom4
November 16th, 2008, 02:17 PM
I love this style too. I ordered flexi-8s and am looking forward to trying this style w/ flexi-8.

Curlsgirl
November 16th, 2008, 02:27 PM
I do mine the other way. I braid from the nape down and then turn it up and tuck it under and pini with a Flexi-8. I like it okay that way but I am going to try the other way I think. It probably would look more polished.

joyfulmom4
November 16th, 2008, 03:57 PM
I do mine the other way. I braid from the nape down and then turn it up and tuck it under and pini with a Flexi-8. I like it okay that way but I am going to try the other way I think. It probably would look more polished.

That was how I did it when I tried before too. I had trouble securing the braid and it just looked sloppy. When I try again, I'll do the other way too.

Angellen
November 16th, 2008, 04:40 PM
I love the folded braid. I do mine with an English braid (since I can't do nice French braids) and secure with either an XL flexi or a ficcare. It's my favorite style right now. :)