PDA

View Full Version : Leave in conditioner

Lesley8
December 19th, 2021, 08:40 AM
Hi can anyone recommend a moisturising leave in conditioner for my hair please. I'm looking for a new one at the moment as there's so many!

Dark40
December 19th, 2021, 08:59 AM
I would recommend Isoplus Wrap Lotion. You can use it in three ways. For roller-setting, wrapping hair, and as a leave-in conditioner.

Ylva
December 19th, 2021, 09:00 AM
I like these three at least:

Garnier Respons (or whatever-Blends) argan & almond leave-in cream
L'Oréal Extraordinary Oil oil-in-cream
Beauty Without Cruelty leave-in cream

I've yet to try it myself, but I've also heard a lot of good things about the Giovanni Direct leave-in cream! I have one bottle in my stash and will try it myself once I've gone through a couple of older ones first.

lapushka
December 19th, 2021, 09:35 AM
What Ylva said, Garnier (blends line, a lot of names for as many countries as there are LOL) has a few good ones; you can't go wrong with these.

I also love the Shea Moisture line, and the JBCO (Jamaican Black Castor Oil) leave-in is *famous* for being so great. You do not need a lot and it is a huge tub. Mine has already lasted 3+ years and I'm still not through it, and yes: still good! A small dollop is good enough, spread through palms, for classic length hair, just to give you an idea. Do not overuse this stuff!

Lesley8
December 19th, 2021, 01:00 PM
Thanks for the recommendations.

lapushka
December 19th, 2021, 04:09 PM
Oh I do have to mention the JBCO? It smells like a vanilla to me, but a lot of people say it smells like playdoh. It is sealed, so you can't smell it beforehand even in store, unfortunately, or you'd have to break the seal but I would not recommend it. These also go on sale quite often, so wait for a deal.

Lesley8
December 20th, 2021, 04:30 AM
Oh I do have to mention the JBCO? It smells like a vanilla to me, but a lot of people say it smells like playdoh. It is sealed, so you can't smell it beforehand even in store, unfortunately, or you'd have to break the seal but I would not recommend it. These also go on sale quite often, so wait for a deal.

Thanks, I have the shea moisture manuka honey mask and it reminds me of playdoh but I like the smell, I'll keep an eye open for it being in the sale.

JasminxCat
December 20th, 2021, 08:56 AM
One suggestion
It's A 10 Miracle Leave In
It's the only one I will continue to use
No stickiness, no clumping, and moisturizing

I can only speak for myself, but that's what I suggest trying :)

lapushka
December 20th, 2021, 10:43 AM
Thanks, I have the shea moisture manuka honey mask and it reminds me of playdoh but I like the smell, I'll keep an eye open for it being in the sale.

I have 2 back-ups (no shame in my game). Got them when they were €10. Over here in the EU/Belgium, that's "cheap". Normal price is over €20 easily.

Aunt Rapunzel
December 20th, 2021, 10:54 AM
I have 2 back-ups (no shame in my game). Got them when they were €10. Over here in the EU/Belgium, that's "cheap". Normal price is over €20 easily.

I just bought a 340 ml tub (after having seen it recommended here) and it's definitely a product that will last a long time. So even if one has to pay full price, at least it's a long-term investment. I've had mine only for a week, and quickly discovered that it takes VERY little rubbed in the palms to be spread throughout the length. It was $8 here. Thank you for mentioning it. I hadn't heard of it before, and I think it's going to become a regular in my stash.

lapushka
December 20th, 2021, 11:25 AM
I just bought a 340 ml tub (after having seen it recommended here) and it's definitely a product that will last a long time. So even if one has to pay full price, at least it's a long-term investment. I've had mine only for a week, and quickly discovered that it takes VERY little rubbed in the palms to be spread throughout the length. It was $8 here. Thank you for mentioning it. I hadn't heard of it before, and I think it's going to become a regular in my stash.

Oooh yeah, it takes veeeery little product! Unless you are full-on curly, like say 3b/4a.

You're welcome. IMO it smells *great* but opinions are divided on that one. :lol:

Lesley8
December 20th, 2021, 03:18 PM
Just bought some for £12, can it be used without oil (Loc) after washing?

lapushka
December 20th, 2021, 04:29 PM
Just bought some for £12, can it be used without oil (Loc) after washing?

Yes. I do the LOC/LCO method with it, though. I use about 1 fingertip's worth, dab it in my palms and spread it really well, until it's almost all "dissolved" in your hands, then I scrunch it in. Gives great results for me. And then I use my gel on top, and then my serum.

Lesley8
December 21st, 2021, 01:19 AM
Thank you @lapushka