PDA

View Full Version : Menopausal thinning hair and silk pillowcase?

FloC
December 19th, 2021, 02:34 AM
My tailbone length hair has gone a lot thinner since surgical menopause. I’m quite aware of the side of my head being a bit sensitive when I’m bed. I’m scared of losing anymore (I’m on HRT and B vitamins).

Has anyone use a silk pillowcase and noticed any follical difference? I know I’ve seen people suggest wearing a night cap… but I’m not sure about that. I’m still trying to look as attractive as possible for my husband post-surgery ha ha!

Lady Stardust
December 19th, 2021, 03:31 AM
I think a silk or satin pillowcase could help to retain length, which would help the ends to stay thicker. I use a satin pillowcase (and/or sleep cap) and it makes an incredible difference, my hair is smooth in the morning and doesn’t dry out.

If it’s a relatively recent operation, I hope you will see some thickness return, because the operation itself might have caused a temporary shed. Satin pillowcases feels cool and smooth and hopefully that would feel soothing where your head is sensitive.

I see that you’re also in England - I get my pillowcases from Bedsure on Amazon. They have held up well so far.

Dark40
December 19th, 2021, 09:02 AM
I also sleep on a satin pillowcase too, and my hair or ends always come out smooth the next day. I'm also going through some hair thinning from menopause too but I know that it won't last that long. Plus, my hair is still thick at the ends or I still have a lot of it.

FloC
December 19th, 2021, 03:25 PM
Thank you both

Dark40
December 23rd, 2021, 10:56 AM
You're welcome