PDA

View Full Version : when can I clarify after henna?

MandaMom2Three
November 14th, 2008, 10:47 PM
I've noticed since hennaing, my hair doesn't like my leave in anymore. Patience NOT being one of my virtues (:p) I've tried so much in such a short time (granted I've seen a big improvement) I'm all muddled up as to what I'm doing right and what needs to be corrected yet. I ran across Ursala's newbie article and had a total face palm moment. Since hennaing I want to just back up the hair train and take my time to really get to know my new hair ONE thing at a time. I've used no less than three different conditioners (one a cone) along with my leave in since hennaing (jast night LOL), so I would like to clarify again before I start my SLOW experiments, just to know I'm really starting with a fresh slate. I think I read that you aren't supposed to shampoo at all until at LEAST 48 hours after henna (and you know I had nightmares all night last night about my new henna washing all out in the shower :( :p ) so how long should I wait before clarifying?

granitbaby
November 15th, 2008, 06:01 AM
I usually try to wait 48 to 72 hours before clarifying after henna because I like to give the henna a chance to oxidise first. I have no idea if clarifying really have any impact on the oxidisation process, I guess it's mostly habit and that I my hair just isn't getting as greasy after henna.

I say go ahead and clarify if you want. I don't think it will effect the henna much :)

MandaMom2Three
November 15th, 2008, 07:43 AM
Hmmmm, change of plans :( I just looked in the mirror and my henna has gotten SO dark that except in VERY bright light I can't see any red at all anymore :( it all just looks dark brown. The red isn't even showing up on the camera with point blank flash!!!! Now I'm sad :( :( . I am going to hold off on the experiments and work on doing honey lightening treatments to try and lighten this up somewhat. Also, I'm going to make sure I either leave the henna in for a LOT shorter a time next time or mix it with a good deal of cassia! :( :( oh my pretty red hair, I got to enjoy you for 2 days at least :(

lora410
November 15th, 2008, 09:06 AM
I have shampooed many time to GET OUT THE HENNA and I have never had any issues :)

MandaMom2Three
November 15th, 2008, 09:11 AM
oh ok, good to know!