PDA

View Full Version : Easy protective styles for shorter hair?

PixieWaist
December 2nd, 2021, 08:40 AM
I'm trying not to mess with my hair too much so I'm looking for protective styles that I can do daily to keep my hair off my face.

My hair is currently between CBL and APL.

KokoroDragon
December 2nd, 2021, 09:38 AM
I really liked dutch braids or french braids when my hair was shorter! You can also tuck the ends under for additional protection.

WitchyM
December 2nd, 2021, 09:45 AM
I wore a french braid that wrapped around my head a lot at this length. I guess it was sort of like 3/4 of a crown braid if that makes sense? And I'd twist the end into a little bun and pin it. It looked fancy but was pretty easy and kept all the ends under control.

lapushka
December 2nd, 2021, 05:28 PM
Peacock twist, very easy style! And easily done (without pulling) with a claw clip.

baanoo
December 2nd, 2021, 05:32 PM
I wore a tucked French braid at that length allll the time - easy, secure, and always looked good.

illicitlizard
December 2nd, 2021, 07:02 PM
Twisted under a large claw clip or in double dutch braids! Half ups are also good, using a tiny claw clip or gentle hair ties, if you want it out of your face but not fully up.

akurah
December 2nd, 2021, 08:37 PM
I use pony tails with the phone cord style ties. Because you don't need to secure them as tightly I find them not to be damaging at all.

Kathie
December 5th, 2021, 03:29 PM
Im in the same length region.

-Tucked ponytail
-Small braid
Braid with end tucked under and pinned. Looks like a bun of some sort.
-Peacock twist
-Cinnabun.

For me my main concern at this length is ties, forks, and pins that are gentle. Also, because my hair is always up, most days my ends are lightly oiled. I consider this to be protective.

keshkala
December 6th, 2021, 06:19 AM
At this length I would make a tightly tied low bun (because I didn't know any better) and it pulled my hair. Finally realized that my hairline was receding and so switched to loose braids.

shelomit
December 7th, 2021, 09:44 AM
Tying a kerchief over the hair can help protect it, either if you don't have the time/energy to actually put your hair up or if you put in a braid/bun that winds up looking a little wonky. I've covered up a lot of bad hair days with okay headscarf days ( ; I do occasionally find that looser-weave fabrics in headscarves can be rough on the hairline because the "baby hairs" can poke through the fabric and then get pulled out when the scarf is removed, but an ordinary blue-and-white or red-and-white kerchief does not have that problem.