PDA

View Full Version : George Michael Madison Avenue

guywithlonghair
November 28th, 2021, 08:33 AM
I've been looking for a new salon recently in NYC and discovered George Michael's Salon on Madison Avenue and how it specializes in really long hair. As someone who is on their really long hair journey, I thought I'd give it a try as I am due for a maintenance cut soon. I called on a few occasions and there was no answer. I was curious if anyone on the LHC has been there and knows if maybe they closed during COVID. Also if that is the case, is there a stylist who maybe worked there that I could reach out to or another salon in the NYC area that specializes in really long hair? Thanks for the help!

lunalocks
November 28th, 2021, 11:28 AM
A bunch of LHCers have been there in the past. I went by myself in 2013. It is expensive, tho maybe every hair salon in NYC is expensive. Look on the meet thread from 5 to 7 years ago where a bunch of LLCers met and went as a group. They have pics and talk about the experience.

The salon has a special deep conditioning routine which takes a few hours. It includes a trim and search for splits. My hair looked and felt very silky and smooth afterwards.

And it was kind of cool to sit in the same chair as Art Garfunkel, who had been there the evening before.