PDA

View Full Version : Party tomorrow, what should I do?

Oberon88
November 14th, 2008, 08:10 PM
I need hair ideas!:cheese:
I am going to a party tomorrow, and don't know what to do with my hair.
It's not a fancy party or anything, but I do want to look nice.
I'm wearing a black top, skinny jeans and boots. The top is kind of off the shoulder.
Can't really decide on a hairstyle and I'm nervous about wearing it down because we're going to be doing a lot of dancing/wandering.
If anyone had any ideas it would be great!

StephanieB
November 14th, 2008, 08:22 PM
Well... you wanna show your neck & shoulders - or you wouldn't own, or wear, that kind of top, right? :)

Sooooo... since it's not really stoosh (jeans are not in the least so) -- why not wear it in a knotted pony, high up on your head?
And put a bit of hair toy bling in it, if you want to spice it up from there. It can swing and you can show it off a bit, but it's also pretty much under control for daning, etc.
If a double knot is better - do that.

Or... if you have one (this is gonna show my age) and if your hair fits into one -- why not wear it in the old banana/mane clip?
Again - it hangs and shows off, but is a bit more controlled than just loose/down.
And, if the old 'mane' isn't enough dressiness, dress it up a tad further with bling into the top of it.

Have fun! :D

I'm only gonna be at a Land Cruiser Club meeting..... *sigh*

Angellen
November 14th, 2008, 09:00 PM
Yeah, I was thinking about perhaps a bunny tail, myself. It keeps the hair off your neck and isn't totally up, either. Playful and cute, in my opinion. :)

manderly
November 14th, 2008, 10:07 PM
I've been complimented on my new bun (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=15007&highlight=gibson) a bunch of times this week. Once by Mishka_84 when I hung out at her house, and a couple times on a job interview. Some lady at the doctor's office wanted me to show her how to do it too.

Your hair is much longer than mine, but you could test out my theory for me (in red in the original post).

I personally HATE having my hair on my neck when I am in any kind of sweaty situation. I get a crazy heat rash on my neck really easily. This style holds wonderfully. But if you're looking to show off your length, there are other ways to go, like a braid with some pretty ribbon in it or something!

Vitalai
November 14th, 2008, 11:21 PM
I'm thinking about a messy bun or maybe a peacock tail. I think this style (http://www.network54.com/Forum/242462/thread/1145348480/Braid-up+Cascade) is pretty, too. While not entirely up, it will still show off your hair. Your hair might be too long for these though.

You could also try a herringbone or rope braid. Those always look nice.

ladyfairington
November 15th, 2008, 12:08 AM
i'm going to a birthday party tomorrow as well.

i have no idea what i'm going to do with my hair as of yet, so i'm going to lurk this thread until i find something i like.

yay! :cheese: <3!