PDA

View Full Version : No Trimming 2022!

Bat
November 3rd, 2021, 02:18 AM
For this challenge, the no-trimming period is
11 January - 31 December 2022.

In order to participate, you need to trim at the latest January 10th 2022.
Challenge ends on December 31st 2022.

No trims are allowed during this half of the year for you to be part of this challenge.

If you want to no-trim for shorter periods of time during the year, then the "no-trimming club" is a better place for you:
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/...read.php?t=132

Rules for the challenge

You may maintain bangs|sideshaves|undercuts but You may not cut them in.
You may S&D ONLY
You may not trim.
You may not do Dusting|Microtrims
You may not even up hemline|layers

To do the first and or second half the links are below

First Half
https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=154621

Second Half
https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=154622

Bat
November 3rd, 2021, 02:22 AM
I figure starting the thread will motivate me not to give up

I punked out a month in (but I hadn't timmed for 4 months) but don't give up like me, you got this, everyone

Kathie
November 3rd, 2021, 04:40 AM
I will tentively join here... will start with the first half challenge and then keep going if all is well.

lapushka
November 3rd, 2021, 04:50 AM
Awesome, and guaranteed continuation! Thanks so much, Bat! :cheer:

Bat
November 3rd, 2021, 05:06 AM
I will tentively join here... will start with the first half challenge and then keep going if all is well.

Yes! Good company I join both and go from there

Awesome, and guaranteed continuation! Thanks so much, Bat! :cheer:

These challenges are great and I love starting threads lol its win win! I'll add the links to the half year ones later :D

_Melly_
November 3rd, 2021, 09:09 AM
Still in :)

KokoroDragon
November 3rd, 2021, 10:28 AM
I'm in! I haven't trimmed since Dec. 2019 but honestly I think my ends still look pretty good so I'll probably keep my no-trimming streak.

ExpectoPatronum
November 3rd, 2021, 12:37 PM
I'm in! My hair has gotten so much longer since I started participating in these challenges. My ends do need a trim now, but they'll be okay for another couple months. I like the idea of starting a new year with fresh ends anyway.

Hasse
November 3rd, 2021, 01:14 PM
Count me in! The longest I've gone without a trim these past few years was about 7? 8? months. Let's see if I can make it to a full year :D. That way I can also finally discover my growth rate without effing it up by trimming.

blushy
November 3rd, 2021, 01:29 PM
Aaaa this is my goal, I think I wanna try this challenge!! :o Why is it so hard for me to stay away from the scissors and bleach...?? ;_; I need to leave my hair aloooone

lapushka
November 3rd, 2021, 01:30 PM
Oooooh so many already going for it! :happydance:

ipickee
November 3rd, 2021, 01:40 PM
I'm definitely in! If I don't trim, I should be past MBL at the end of 2022.

Bat
November 3rd, 2021, 02:14 PM
Aaaa this is my goal, I think I wanna try this challenge!! :o Why is it so hard for me to stay away from the scissors and bleach...?? ;_; I need to leave my hair aloooone

I relate to this xD especially the bleach/dye side ill still color it I think but only roots

blushy
November 3rd, 2021, 02:26 PM
yes!! That's what I'm thinking....only highlighting/touching up the roots should be fiiiine ;)

edit: I meant to reply to you, Bat haha

Bat
November 3rd, 2021, 03:18 PM
xD that's OK we got this I'm also going to be bleach blond a while so I can color with deposits more often

Fitzpatrick
November 3rd, 2021, 04:19 PM
I haven't trimmed my hair since 2018, and that was just a half an inch taken off. Right now I am hovering at 46 and a half inches. I just hope and pray that I can get it to knee length.

JasminxCat
November 4th, 2021, 12:53 AM
I'm in! I haven't trimmed since Dec. 2019 but honestly I think my ends still look pretty good so I'll probably keep my no-trimming streak.

Wow, really? I'm amazed at how perfectly neat your hemline looks after all that time

Lesley8
November 4th, 2021, 02:22 AM
I'm in, see how long it gets!

Jools69
November 4th, 2021, 10:32 AM
I may tentatively join this challenge, too (as well as the 6 month one) and see how far I get to. It does depend upon how much I decide to trim at the end of the year to allow my layers to catch up, or decide to micro-trim occasionally.

If I don’t trim at all before I start and stay on this challenge, I estimate I’ll be 40 inches - well pass tailbone and onto my goal of classic at 43 inches. If I trim 1-2 inches in January, then I expect to be solid tailbone. :)

KokoroDragon
November 4th, 2021, 10:43 AM
Wow, really? I'm amazed at how perfectly neat your hemline looks after all that time

It was a pretty big chop, I went from around BSL to CBL so my ends were very blunt and healthy. I think all my hair tends to also grow at about the same pace as well. I can definitely tell it's beginning to fairytale a bit close up, but it's not obvious to anyone else yet.

cinamio
November 4th, 2021, 12:25 PM
I’m going to try out this challenge! I think it’s very possible that I could make it through the year without trimming. I guess I’ll see how it goes. Good luck to everyone else!

Bat
November 5th, 2021, 06:31 AM
I haven't trimmed my hair since 2018, and that was just a half an inch taken off. Right now I am hovering at 46 and a half inches. I just hope and pray that I can get it to knee length.

Good luck! I hope you can make your goal soon!

momof3mary
November 5th, 2021, 07:24 AM
I'm in, I'm too lazy to trim my hair.

KokoroDragon
November 5th, 2021, 07:48 AM

This is such a mood! Every time I think that maybe I should trim my hair, I decide not to mostly because it's too much work. :lol:

Bat
November 5th, 2021, 09:12 AM

I'm glad we are on this journey together ❤

momof3mary
November 5th, 2021, 10:11 AM
I'm glad we are on this journey together ❤

Me too!💙 It's awesome💙

Bat
November 5th, 2021, 05:15 PM
Me too!💙 It's awesome💙

Yes we can do this or aleast give it a good go :D. I'm making an unrealistic goal of making it to brushing shoulder from now until the challenge ends (pretty sure I'll get passed chin atleast)

DropStitches
November 5th, 2021, 05:38 PM
I’m tentatively in for another whole year. My last trim was October 2020, but my hair’s still so short the ends are in pretty good nick. If I can get past APL and some of the journey to MBL, I’ll be delighted.

momof3mary
November 5th, 2021, 07:35 PM
Yes we can do this or aleast give it a good go :D. I'm making an unrealistic goal of making it to brushing shoulder from now until the challenge ends (pretty sure I'll get passed chin atleast)
I think you'll make it, as fast as your hair grows you may even get to collarbone length.

momof3mary
November 5th, 2021, 07:36 PM
This is such a mood! Every time I think that maybe I should trim my hair, I decide not to mostly because it's too much work. :lol:
I completely blanked out that you replied! Sorry! Yes that's been the mood for me for a couple of months now.

Bat
November 5th, 2021, 08:37 PM
I think you'll make it, as fast as your hair grows you may even get to collarbone length.

I don't think I grow that fast but if only!

Dark40
November 5th, 2021, 09:57 PM
I'm definitely in! The longest I've gone without a trim is 4 or 5 months! I am really looking forward to this challenge!

Bat
November 10th, 2021, 02:44 AM
I'm definitely in! The longest I've gone without a trim is 4 or 5 months! I am really looking forward to this challenge!
Glad you are joining us for next year :D

sipnsun
November 10th, 2021, 01:16 PM
Since I failed miserably on the challenge this year I'm in, hopefully my stall will end I will gain some length next year!

NaïaTheWitch
November 10th, 2021, 05:14 PM
I’ll try to do it only first half of the year. I love freshly cut ends to much to go a whole year without any trim but maybe I’ll think about it in 6 months. :confused:

Doomy Daisy
November 10th, 2021, 05:19 PM
Already committed to the first half of the year. No promises after that! ;) It would be cool though if I could go a whole year without trimming...

Bat
November 11th, 2021, 04:39 AM
I’ll try to do it only first half of the year. I love freshly cut ends to much to go a whole year without any trim but maybe I’ll think about it in 6 months. :confused:

There is the first half topic for next year floating around if you want to post there as well

Bat
November 11th, 2021, 04:41 AM
Since I failed miserably on the challenge this year I'm in, hopefully my stall will end I will gain some length next year!

I've failed 2-3 challenges miserably, this is my last try at doing them. I won't try again if I fail atleast 6 months

lapushka
November 11th, 2021, 07:39 AM

There's a special thread you can sign up for, it's the half-way one, hang on, I'll link it for you!
https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=154621 (first half of the year)
https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=154622 (second half of the year)

Do read the 1st posts though, it says up to what date you can trim for it to be "valid" in a way.

Bat
November 22nd, 2021, 12:06 AM
Bumping this up just incase our newest members want to join this too

TiffPhares
November 23rd, 2021, 05:22 PM
I'll give it a go. I am trying to throw it up and forget it right now so this may help with that. I am between waist and hip, with tailbone as my long-term goal.

lapushka
November 23rd, 2021, 05:37 PM
I'll give it a go. I am trying to throw it up and forget it right now so this may help with that. I am between waist and hip, with tailbone as my long-term goal.

Between waist & hip to TBL, should be great if this challenge pulls through for you! :D

Bat
November 23rd, 2021, 08:43 PM

Glad to have you with us! I was beginning to feel lonely in here c

KokoroDragon
November 23rd, 2021, 10:00 PM
I'm debating whether or not I should trim before this challenge. I don't want to lose length, and my ends feel fine. But recently I saw my ends under a stronger light than usual and noticed a bunch of white dots that indicate breakage. So maybe it would be better to do a small trim and start with fresh ends?

Bat
November 23rd, 2021, 10:15 PM
I'm debating whether or not I should trim before this challenge. I don't want to lose length, and my ends feel fine. But recently I saw my ends under a stronger light than usual and noticed a bunch of white dots that indicate breakage. So maybe it would be better to do a small trim and start with fresh ends?

Or you can s n d them?

Sarah P
November 23rd, 2021, 10:33 PM

Finda
November 23rd, 2021, 11:25 PM
Hadn't discovered this thread yet. I think I'm also in for another year of no trimming. Should bring me around classic length if everything goes according to plan.

Bat
November 24th, 2021, 12:18 AM
Welcome x2!

KokoroDragon
November 24th, 2021, 11:06 AM
Or you can s n d them?

I thought about that, but the normal lights in my house aren't strong enough for me to see the white dots on my blonde/light brownish hair. And when I did get a glimpse of them, it looked like nearly every strand ended in a white dot/developing split. I mean, I haven't trimmed for two years so I'm probably due for one anyway, I just hate getting haircuts!

Bat
November 24th, 2021, 02:37 PM
I thought about that, but the normal lights in my house aren't strong enough for me to see the white dots on my blonde/light brownish hair. And when I did get a glimpse of them, it looked like nearly every strand ended in a white dot/developing split. I mean, I haven't trimmed for two years so I'm probably due for one anyway, I just hate getting haircuts!

Oooh you could get a dusting where they barely take half a cm off

KokoroDragon
November 24th, 2021, 02:55 PM
Oooh you could get a dusting where they barely take half a cm off

That's probably my best option, just got to talk myself into it! I'd have my mom do it, so I'm not worried about too much being taken off, but it's still so nervewracking!

Finda
November 25th, 2021, 01:23 PM

I've been meaning to ask, are white dots not normal? I have them, too. I haven't trimmed in two and a half years, but I'm pretty sure I've always had them. So far, with careful handling, I haven't noticed split ends travelling up in noticeable numbers. The hemline is uneven of course, but the demarcation line between see-through and full hair is growing down steadily. And even with the dots I don't have a tangling problem, luckily.

lapushka
November 25th, 2021, 05:12 PM
I've been meaning to ask, are white dots not normal? I have them, too. I haven't trimmed in two and a half years, but I'm pretty sure I've always had them. So far, with careful handling, I haven't noticed split ends travelling up in noticeable numbers. The hemline is uneven of course, but the demarcation line between see-through and full hair is growing down steadily. And even with the dots I don't have a tangling problem, luckily.

A "true" white dot is a "break" in the hair, with a sharp angle forming where it is. It is not the "trick of the light" at the end of a hair. For sure.

KokoroDragon
November 25th, 2021, 08:34 PM
A "true" white dot is a "break" in the hair, with a sharp angle forming where it is. It is not the "trick of the light" at the end of a hair. For sure.

Yes. Some of my hair has white dots an inch or two up from the very ends, but after that breaks off the white dot remains. As far as I can tell, it's basically a baby split end, kind of like the end of a frayed rope (not a perfect analogy, but that's what it reminds me of). By this point most of my white dots are on the very ends - which means I probably had a lot of breakage in the last couple years. But, because they're on the very ends of my hair it's hard for me to see them unless they're in the right light (I already have some trouble with seeing well in dim light, and my strands are both fine and light colored, so that could be part of it).

I suspect it's left over damage from before I cut back to CBL two years ago. But now it's between using them as a buffer for my lengths and hoping they won't turn into splits and travel up my hair, or just trimming them off.

Finda, it's good to know that they haven't been a problem for you. I do consider them normal, just like split ends are normal. Just a result of inevitable damage to the hair.

I also don't experience tangles at my ends, and I probably could just leave them alone and go at least another year without trimming. But if I do that, would I have to trim off more to get rid of the damage? Am I better off trimming a small amount now instead? I'll probably just...trim if my mom can find her hair scissors, and wait a year if she can't. Leave it up to fate!

JasminxCat
November 25th, 2021, 08:57 PM
Contemplating whether I should join this thread instead of the half challenge. Hmm maybe. Yes. I need to learn some self restraint and patience so I'm in. For sure

lapushka
November 26th, 2021, 06:06 AM
Yes. Some of my hair has white dots an inch or two up from the very ends, but after that breaks off the white dot remains. As far as I can tell, it's basically a baby split end, kind of like the end of a frayed rope (not a perfect analogy, but that's what it reminds me of). By this point most of my white dots are on the very ends - which means I probably had a lot of breakage in the last couple years. But, because they're on the very ends of my hair it's hard for me to see them unless they're in the right light (I already have some trouble with seeing well in dim light, and my strands are both fine and light colored, so that could be part of it).

I suspect it's left over damage from before I cut back to CBL two years ago. But now it's between using them as a buffer for my lengths and hoping they won't turn into splits and travel up my hair, or just trimming them off.

Finda, it's good to know that they haven't been a problem for you. I do consider them normal, just like split ends are normal. Just a result of inevitable damage to the hair.

I also don't experience tangles at my ends, and I probably could just leave them alone and go at least another year without trimming. But if I do that, would I have to trim off more to get rid of the damage? Am I better off trimming a small amount now instead? I'll probably just...trim if my mom can find her hair scissors, and wait a year if she can't. Leave it up to fate!

Mine, the ones that did, broke straight off, and (fortunately maybe for me) did not split on me. I had them 1 to 2 inches from the root, half throughout my head, down to shoulder, from this kind of rolling brush (with a hot-hot plate in back). It's much like one of those "straightening brushes" that you see about, but this was a curling brush, it's old, they have done them for years here.

I grew that out to hip, then cut back to BSL to have them all gone, they were all over, literally all over, and I did not want to pixie-cut my hair. :(

missmelaniem
November 27th, 2021, 08:27 PM
In! I’ve joined these challenges a few times and then quit or conveniently forgot ha ha. I’m in for real this time. 💪🏻

Butterfly Blue
November 27th, 2021, 09:30 PM
I’m in. I got 2 trims in 2021. It worked out well. 2022 I’ll stretch it for the full year

My hair is the longest it’s ever been in my life thanks to these challenges. I’m past waist now. Goal = hip then tailbone

memeow
November 27th, 2021, 10:02 PM
I hesitated to join the 6 month challenge but now I’m really tempted to join this one too and go for the full year. I’m going to tentatively join while checking on my growth each month—I’m always scared what they say is true and not trimming results in splits that’ll lead to more breakage. I didn’t trim at all for about 2 years and only recently started doing some microtrimming. I have some thin ends and old messed up layers I’d like to grow out some day. But…my hair seems like it’s still growing for now so I’m gonna trim all growth these next 2 months and then we’ll see what happens!

Bat
November 28th, 2021, 01:37 AM
Happy to have you all join me :D

keshkala
December 7th, 2021, 02:48 AM
I'm in too. Thanks for starting the challenge Bat :)

branbran
December 7th, 2021, 07:33 AM
I’ve reconsidered…I’m going to do the 6 month challenge instead. Sorry!

Bat
December 8th, 2021, 12:25 AM

No worries! You can always come here if you don't trim after the 6 months c:

ZoeZ
December 8th, 2021, 05:21 AM
I debated whether to go for the year or six months, but I doubted I could last the entire year, lol. I'm in for the six months.

Bat
December 8th, 2021, 03:10 PM
Good luck : )

Bat
December 8th, 2021, 03:11 PM
I'm in too. Thanks for starting the challenge Bat :)

Glad to have company everyone is leaving me xD

hannabiss
December 8th, 2021, 04:04 PM
Ah yes. Every December I find the audacity in my heart to commit to a year of no trims...knowing full well I tend to last 6 to 8 months. But here I am with a twinkle in my eye and a conviction to make it all of 2022 without a trim. I'm planning my trim for New Years day. :)

SaveTheTapirs
December 8th, 2021, 05:12 PM
I'm in. I can't see myself having any reason to trim for a year. However, there are about a million reasons not to.

Fitzpatrick
December 8th, 2021, 05:52 PM
I am in, I know that right now my hair is fingertip length and I don't want to lose any of my length for any reason! I am really hoping that my terminal length let's me get to knee length. Heck I would settle for mid thigh length at this point!

momof3mary
December 8th, 2021, 06:11 PM
Glad to have company everyone is leaving me xD I'm still in!! I still haven't trimmed since my joining this thread. Still too lazy, and I'm liking my little mullet.

Bat
December 8th, 2021, 08:38 PM
Yaaay lots more people

Mulan
December 10th, 2021, 07:45 PM
Hello! New here :)

I will participate in this challenge!
I think I can do this because I don't usually cut my hair often to begin with, and my last haircut was already over a year ago, so I'm due for a trim that I'm planning to get on the first week of january before the cut off date, that should be good enough until the end of the year 2022 :D

Bat
December 11th, 2021, 01:36 AM
Hello! New here :)

I will participate in this challenge!
I think I can do this because I don't usually cut my hair often to begin with, and my last haircut was already over a year ago, so I'm due for a trim that I'm planning to get on the first week of january before the cut off date, that should be good enough until the end of the year 2022 :D

Welcome to the club :D

missmelaniem
December 11th, 2021, 07:42 PM
My trick is doing a teeny tiny trim late December, which I will be doing shortly. My ends are a bit messy so it’s just to even those longer pieces.

Bat
December 11th, 2021, 10:08 PM
I'm pretty sure I won't need to trim from now, my last trim of my bleached parts was December 10th virgin hair hasn't had a trim since october

momof3mary
December 12th, 2021, 12:09 PM
I had a racer section that I trimmed to match at the bottom of my hair, other than that I haven't touched any other part of my hair and I am ready for the year of no trimming!

Bat
December 12th, 2021, 07:39 PM
I keep trimming my top part,I'm getting to the stage where it will be the same length as my virgin hair at this rate, I suppose I'm getting trimming out of my system.

see_turtle
December 13th, 2021, 09:38 PM
I'm joining this challenge...was originally doing just first six months but realized if I wait the year I'll end up at 39"... past my longest ever length (~38") and only an inch from BCL. My ends are fine, I last trimmed in March and have been very liberal with trims the last several years so they'll survive.

Bat
December 14th, 2021, 02:11 AM
I'm joining this challenge...was originally doing just first six months but realized if I wait the year I'll end up at 39"... past my longest ever length (~38") and only an inch from BCL. My ends are fine, I last trimmed in March and have been very liberal with trims the last several years so they'll survive.

Good luck to you!

Starbunny
December 14th, 2021, 04:50 PM
I just cut back to a pixie a few days ago. Very short. Buzzed in the back. My goal is no trims in 2022. Here we go!

Bat
December 14th, 2021, 04:57 PM
I just cut back to a pixie a few days ago. Very short. Buzzed in the back. My goal is no trims in 2022. Here we go!

Oh? how come? Are you growing natural?

Starbunny
December 15th, 2021, 03:40 PM
Oh? how come? Are you growing natural?

I had made good progress in a pixie grow out but kept being tantalized by the pixie cut. I've had a pixie since I was 16 (I'm 33 now), so it has been VERY hard for me to grow it out because I really love pixie cuts. But I also want long hair... These two things are diametrically opposed, hahaha.

Bat
December 15th, 2021, 05:09 PM
I had made good progress in a pixie grow out but kept being tantalized by the pixie cut. I've had a pixie since I was 16 (I'm 33 now), so it has been VERY hard for me to grow it out because I really love pixie cuts. But I also want long hair... These two things are diametrically opposed, hahaha.

Have you thought to just buy
Long hair wigs? So you can keep the pixie, but have long hair when you want. Unless it's too hot where you are or get a pixie wig

Starbunny
December 15th, 2021, 06:30 PM
Have you thought to just buy
Long hair wigs? So you can keep the pixie, but have long hair when you want. Unless it's too hot where you are or get a pixie wig

I've thought about buying a wig, but good ones are really expensive.

Rushli
December 15th, 2021, 08:08 PM
I’ve been keeping my hair around TBL, though last cut was closer to hip. I don’t recall exactly when that was, but I’m back to just barely CL when wet now. I never made it to my goal of FTL back when I was growing it out so I’m going to give it a go again.

Bat
December 16th, 2021, 07:16 AM
I've thought about buying a wig, but good ones are really expensive.
True they can be the human hair ones

I’ve been keeping my hair around TBL, though last cut was closer to hip. I don’t recall exactly when that was, but I’m back to just barely CL when wet now. I never made it to my goal of FTL back when I was growing it out so I’m going to give it a go again.

Good luck!

Starbunny
December 19th, 2021, 02:46 PM
I'm really excited about this! Huzzah and good luck to us all!

yulia396
December 22nd, 2021, 01:33 AM
I'm in as well!

BleachedBerry
December 22nd, 2021, 10:13 AM
Im in. Lets do this.

Bat
December 22nd, 2021, 02:16 PM
Welcome everyone, let's try our best to make it a year

katelinn
December 22nd, 2021, 04:58 PM
I'm in too, haven't cut since June 2020, finally back to bcl. Classic by Christmas 2022?

Dark40
December 23rd, 2021, 12:43 PM
I am in, I know that right now my hair is fingertip length and I don't want to lose any of my length for any reason! I am really hoping that my terminal length let's me get to knee length. Heck I would settle for mid thigh length at this point!

I'm sure that you will make it knee length without any trims next year in no time. Yeah, I know what you mean you would settle for mid thigh length at this point! i would settle for that length as well whenever I get close to that length! I've also set my long-term goal to terminal too. But I'm like you if my terminal length lets me grow to mid thigh so be it! I would be very happy that it's even at that length. Because, that will be the longest my hair has ever been in whole entire life.

The-Young-Maid
December 25th, 2021, 03:01 AM
Okay I'm in. Its hard to tell but I'm still somewhere in the thigh length abyss. I also did a small dusting to even out the racers between the 2021 first and second half challenges. My ends feel fine but you really couldn't see a difference. It may have been 1/4". I'm going to attempt the inversion method again. I'll also be taking collagen, Bamboo extract and Horsetail. And drinking bamboo tea.

Hopefully by the end of this year I'll be maintaining at knee.

Bat
December 25th, 2021, 03:29 AM
Good luck!I'm really missing my hair today so here's to getting back to cbl asap

Messyhair
December 25th, 2021, 05:41 AM
I need about an inch trimmed off right now because my bleached ends are splitting like crazy and I think it would get me off to a good starting point for S&D maintenance. Now I have a deadline to trim by!

Solovey
December 25th, 2021, 09:32 AM
I trimmed this year and I really don't think it was necessary, So no trims next year seems realistic! Definitely should be be past hip, if not very close to TBL by next year depending on how fast my hair grows. That really excites me because TBL is the longest my hair has ever been(I was a kid then, but you know it counts!)

Kathie
December 25th, 2021, 02:08 PM
Only a couple more weeks until we start!

I've signed up for the 6-month challenges too. But this year long challenge is my overall goal.

Bat
December 25th, 2021, 05:44 PM
I'm maintaining my top part as "bangs" because it's too bleach damaged to survive the year
But the buzzed parts won't be touched almost 3 months since my buzz here's to another 12 more

Kathie
December 25th, 2021, 07:40 PM
I'm maintaining my top part as "bangs" because it's too bleach damaged to survive the year
But the buzzed parts won't be touched almost 3 months since my buzz here's to another 12 more

That's really well done! Congrats on the 3 month mark.

Bat
December 26th, 2021, 06:44 AM
That's really well done! Congrats on the 3 month mark.

Thank you! :D

baanoo
December 30th, 2021, 04:40 AM
I was hesitant about joining at first because I suspect I’ll want to trim sometime around late November… but then again maybe this is the year to shift my trims from right before the holidays to right after. I’m in!

Bat
December 30th, 2021, 06:09 AM
I was hesitant about joining at first because I suspect I’ll want to trim sometime around late November… but then again maybe this is the year to shift my trims from right before the holidays to right after. I’m in!
Glad to have you with us, not long to go now

olivetime
December 30th, 2021, 07:51 AM
I hope to be here for a second year in a row of no trimming! I ordered conditioner yesterday, if that solves the beginning of dry ends I think I'm experiencing, it shouldn't be a problem!

Bat
December 31st, 2021, 03:49 AM
Oil will help smooth the ends too

olivetime
December 31st, 2021, 05:36 AM
Oil will help smooth the ends too

I've been using apricot oil, jojoba (ran out of this one! It was the best) and Aloe...has been working okay but recently I feel like the dry winter air and the woodstove heat is too much!

Kathie
December 31st, 2021, 04:11 PM
I'm excited to start this!

I should make BSL by the end of 2022 if I don't trim. Its one of my favourite lengths. I've also never graduated to WL so it will be exciting to be close again.

Will many people be trimming in preparation?

olivetime
December 31st, 2021, 05:36 PM

I won't be...I realized I dont want anyone touching my hair but me, and I'm a long way from being able to trim myself, lol!

ZoeZ
December 31st, 2021, 05:54 PM
I don't believe I will trim, although I had said I would - I think I'm going for length. I should reach hip by midsummer. Ends will be a bit scraggly, but who cares, since my hair will be up anyway.

Cheers, and the best of luck to everyone in 2022!

Bat
December 31st, 2021, 09:10 PM
Here we go, my starting photo of the year

https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/892306370991390780/926689073836486686/012022151121.jpg

Jools69
January 1st, 2022, 12:48 AM

I should make BSL by the end of 2022 if I don't trim. Its one of my favourite lengths. I've also never graduated to WL so it will be exciting to be close again.

I like BSL too, as I could still wear it down and didn’t get in the way too much. It also starts to feel long, too.

Yes, I’ll be trimming - either today on the next couple of days. I have a few splits and wanting to thicken my hem a bit more. I’ll post a starting picture soon.

Are you going to trim?

cinamio
January 1st, 2022, 06:30 AM
My starting pictures for the year:
https://i.postimg.cc/3ks4Gw7t/538005-E1-69-DA-41-FF-8-E19-4-C5504342-D7-A.jpg (https://postimg.cc/3ks4Gw7t) https://i.postimg.cc/pmh5yjN9/665-BB8-D6-6-C89-465-B-AE18-50-FF1-E78664-F.jpg (https://postimg.cc/pmh5yjN9)

I’m almost to waist, so I’m curious how long it’ll get this year.

Bat
January 1st, 2022, 07:05 AM

I trimmed my most damaged bits but won't be touching my virgin hair at 3.6cm there isn't much to cut

Jools69
January 1st, 2022, 10:02 AM
Here’s my starting picture: hip at 33 inches - hoping to reach tailbone. I’ve just trimmed nearly 2 inches off on completion of the recent second half challenge. In the next day or so, I’ll S & D my layers.

https://i.imgur.com/MdciIi4.jpg

Good luck everyone!

Obsidian
January 1st, 2022, 10:03 AM
I don't have much to trim but I do want to do a little shaping around my ears today and check for any uneven growth

DropStitches
January 1st, 2022, 05:01 PM
Here’s my starting photo:

https://i.imgur.com/2vrvIQNl.jpg

I had my boyfriend measure it today, and apparently it’s 22 inches. I’m kind of excited to see what a second year of no trims will bring! Good luck to everyone.

thatsideoflife
January 1st, 2022, 08:19 PM
Joining! Was debating whether or not to trim, but I'm sticking with my original plan since joining LHC -- grow to waist, then maintain until dyed ends are removed. The ends are very brittle right now, so my sub goal for 2022 is to try everything under the sun and learn what works best for them. Knowing that would certainly help if if I decide to go for terminal!

C_Bookworm
January 1st, 2022, 08:28 PM
I’m in! My 4” trim today will be my only trim of the year. Sitting one inch short of classic with some nice fresh ends for the year. Feels nice!

KokoroDragon
January 9th, 2022, 10:43 AM
I was planning on trimming before the start of this, but I forgot when I was at my mom's last week. So here's my starting photo, just reached hip in December. https://drive.google.com/file/d/1z4WXMZLr0IhMNNAReR1ePtRTABV3mNFv/view

Bat
January 10th, 2022, 07:03 AM
last cutting out damage session last night, here we goo, good luck! everyone! I added up my growth rate and my estimate is that I'll grow 14.4 cm 5.6 inches roughly

Obsidian
January 11th, 2022, 09:43 AM
My starting point

https://i.postimg.cc/sXvZph9J/20220110-131327.jpg

shelomit
January 11th, 2022, 10:38 AM
I think I'm pretty happy with my ends right now, so if I didn't say so before, I'm in : )

Bat
January 12th, 2022, 06:13 AM
My starting point

https://i.postimg.cc/sXvZph9J/20220110-131327.jpg
Yours Is still longer than mine I think but we are close it will be interesting to see where we both end up at the end of this challenge

baanoo
January 15th, 2022, 04:09 PM

Oh right, a starting photo! Here was my winter solstice length shot:
https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=46464&d=1640125206

shelomit
January 15th, 2022, 05:32 PM
LOL, I tried to get a starting photo, but I can't manage to take a photo without help that actually shows the ends. I have to stand far enough away from the camera that there's not enough light for the photo to be clear anymore. Ah well. Might go better in daylight. Suffice to say that I'm more or less at knee stretched right now.

Bat
January 16th, 2022, 08:55 AM
you'll have to try taking photos from thigh downwards, maybe socks like Zashin does

Bat
January 16th, 2022, 08:56 AM
Oh right, a starting photo! Here was my winter solstice length shot:
https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=46464&d=1640125206

looks lovely baanoo

Madeline C.
February 1st, 2022, 02:49 PM
I'm joining this, though I'm a few weeks late. I did the challenge last year and really enjoyed it.
I did trim my hair in January, but it was before the cutoff date(I believe it was Jan6th) so I have fresh ends and the urge to cut hair out of my system.

I have a starting length of 33.5 " and hope to hit 40" by December.

Joyful Mystery
February 1st, 2022, 03:37 PM
I’m here! I haven’t trimmed since March 2021.

Bat
February 2nd, 2022, 01:35 AM
4 months no trim for me under my belt so far only 11 more to go

Flossiebell
February 2nd, 2022, 03:14 AM
I’m in! Had my last trim in November and have since decided to S&D only going forward - hope this encourages me to keep away from any trims until next year.

Dragon
February 3rd, 2022, 04:20 AM
I’m going to join. I don’t remember how many years ago my last trim was. I’ve decided my goal for this year is to continue growing and next year work on getting a thicker hemline while maintaining below knee.

Bat
February 7th, 2022, 02:40 AM
I'm trying my best not to drop out since I killed my hair again but I dropped out around this time last year must push through and consintrate on improving the quality of my damaged parts.

olivetime
February 7th, 2022, 07:54 AM
I woke up this morning and my hair felt so nice and thick and healthy, I immediately thought "I love you hair, I might not trim you until 2024" hahahahaha, kinda weird!

KokoroDragon
February 7th, 2022, 09:27 AM
I'm trying my best not to drop out since I killed my hair again but I dropped out around this time last year must push through and consintrate on improving the quality of my damaged parts.
You can do it! :cheer:

If you think of your damaged parts as sacrificial ends, you can tell yourself it's important to not cut it off so it can protect your new growth.

Bat
February 7th, 2022, 02:28 PM
You can do it! :cheer:

If you think of your damaged parts as sacrificial ends, you can tell yourself it's important to not cut it off so it can protect your new growth.

It was too badly damaged. I did some S n D but it wasn't enough really I'm not shaving it off though just going to get the worst cut out the stuff that flakes offy clothes

Bat
February 8th, 2022, 06:30 AM
If anyone else who is doing no trims wants "make" this thread and have this merged to it. Go for it I give permission. I'm out now and I won't be joining more. Clearly no trim challenges aren't for me :/

Joyful Mystery
February 9th, 2022, 10:05 AM
I woke up this morning and my hair felt so nice and thick and healthy, I immediately thought "I love you hair, I might not trim you until 2024" hahahahaha, kinda weird!

Lol, not weird! I’m doing quite well with no trims and have no idea when I’ll trim again. My last trim was almost a year ago and it was only a dusting. :)

olivetime
February 25th, 2022, 04:35 AM
Do dustings count as trims? :confused:

Bat
February 25th, 2022, 07:37 AM

Dusting was never specified but I'm guessing if it isn't S n D or maintaining bangs/sides/undercut/sideshaves dusting might count as trims but I'm not 100% sure.
lapushka used to run these so you could ask her

Joyful Mystery
February 25th, 2022, 11:16 AM
Pretty sure dustings are not allowed.

Kerrtu-Kevät
February 25th, 2022, 05:16 PM
I'm planning on not trimming this year to see my average growth rate in a year :)

lapushka
February 25th, 2022, 06:25 PM

Yep. Evening out your hemline, however little you take is not allowed. Pretty sure 1st post needs to be reworded due to this. "evening out the hemline" instead of the word "trim" would be a better option then there will no longer be confusion between words like dusting, trim, microtrim, etc.

ETA/ Only S&D is allowed, so that should tell you all you need to know; and keeping up with bangs, undercuts, so maintaining all but the "true length" of the hair. If that makes sense?

'preciate it Bat!

Dark40
February 25th, 2022, 07:58 PM
I've been hanging in there this year with no trims! I haven't had a trim of a cm since June of last year! I guess you can say that it's been 8 or 9 months since my last cut or trim, and I'm not planning anymore for a long while. I really want to see how fast it grows and how long it will grow.

Bat
February 25th, 2022, 11:46 PM
Yep. Evening out your hemline, however little you take is not allowed. Pretty sure 1st post needs to be reworded due to this. "evening out the hemline" instead of the word "trim" would be a better option then there will no longer be confusion between words like dusting, trim, microtrim, etc.

ETA/ Only S&D is allowed, so that should tell you all you need to know; and keeping up with bangs, undercuts, so maintaining all but the "true length" of the hair. If that makes sense?

'preciate it Bat! no probs, I updated the first page

Natalina
February 26th, 2022, 02:12 AM
Another year, another check in! I haven't trimmed since 2018. :p

lapushka
February 26th, 2022, 02:39 AM
no probs, I updated the first page

Your avatar, though! Man, look at that long hair. :D Something to strive for, for sure. Love the dark color as well!

Bat
February 26th, 2022, 05:40 AM
Your avatar, though! Man, look at that long hair. :D Something to strive for, for sure. Love the dark color as well!

It's a nice wig for sure I'm currently a blondy though atm

lapushka
February 26th, 2022, 07:28 AM
It's a nice wig for sure I'm currently a blondy though atm

Wigs are great if you feel like a change! :)

Bat
February 26th, 2022, 04:54 PM
Wigs are great if you feel like a change! :)

I just don't like that you really have to wear a hat/beanie to hide the unnatural hairline

lapushka
February 27th, 2022, 04:25 AM
I just don't like that you really have to wear a hat/beanie to hide the unnatural hairline

The good ones are pretty darn unnoticeable, but they can set you back a pretty penny... and is it worth it, in the end? My mom used to wear a ton of them in the early 70s. It was very fashionable back then. And you should have seen the caps (underneath the wig) then, sooo thick, man! :( I wish I still had them so I could snap a picture. Those were so thickly woven that there was no partline, though! There's that.

Joyful Mystery
March 1st, 2022, 12:13 PM
Happy March everyone!

This month marks one year since my last trim!

Dark40
March 1st, 2022, 12:22 PM
Happy March everyone!

Wow! Your hair has really grown since the last I saw you! :D

Joyful Mystery
March 1st, 2022, 02:24 PM
Hi Dark! And thank you! My hair handles these no trim challenges quite well!
Already pretty excited about jumping right into the next one, lol. :laugh:

sipnsun
March 7th, 2022, 03:06 PM
I wish I had trimmed at the beginning of the year like I had planned but never got around to it. My ends are getting very thin and raggedy and they are driving me crazy! I haven’t had a trim since August 2021 so I’m going to try and at least make it to August but if they get any worse, I may have to drop out and have a little taken off. Then again, if I make it to August I might as well stay the course until the end of the year. :shrug:

Glitch
March 7th, 2022, 04:36 PM
Happy March everyone!

Wow, congrats! It's so crazy how fast time flies. I just realized I'm about 4 months away from making a year, and it just sounds wild to me. Cheers!

diddiedaisy
March 8th, 2022, 12:36 AM
I wish I had trimmed at the beginning of the year like I had planned but never got around to it. My ends are getting very thin and raggedy and they are driving me crazy! I haven’t had a trim since August 2021 so I’m going to try and at least make it to August but if they get any worse, I may have to drop out and have a little taken off. Then again, if I make it to August I might as well stay the course until the end of the year. :shrug:

I’m the same, haven’t trimmed since last summer and have quite bad taper. I’ve decided today to just not look at the back of my hair lol. I wear it up every day anyway. I know I’ll be waist by July so no point keep checking growth, I can get a bit obsessed. There is something to be said for benign neglect!!!

ExpectoPatronum
March 27th, 2022, 02:14 PM
So I know you can't even out layers, but can you maintain them? I keep my front pieces shorter but they grow really quickly compared to my length. Sometimes I need to prune the front pieces back a bit to maintain the shape of my hemline. The way I view it, it's not any different than maintaining bangs.

It's fine if that's not allowed, I just want to know if I need to excuse myself from this challenge or not :lol:

KokoroDragon
March 27th, 2022, 03:37 PM
So I know you can't even out layers, but can you maintain them? I keep my front pieces shorter but they grow really quickly compared to my length. Sometimes I need to prune the front pieces back a bit to maintain the shape of my hemline. The way I view it, it's not any different than maintaining bangs.

It's fine if that's not allowed, I just want to know if I need to excuse myself from this challenge or not :lol:

I would personally count face-framing pieces the same as bangs.

Bat
March 27th, 2022, 03:46 PM
Front pieces that read as bangs should be fine as long as they already existed before the challenge but you can't maintain all layers as that defeats the purpose of the challenge

ExpectoPatronum
March 27th, 2022, 04:30 PM
My very front pieces are much less curly than the rest of my hair, so I trim those to make up for it. They don't read as bangs because they're long, but soon they'll actually look longer than the layers behind them. So, they aren't bangs per se, but they are trimmed like bangs.

Edit: Basically, I have a U-shaped hemline and the very front sections, which should be the shortest, grow faster than the sections behind them, so I trim the very front to keep it from overtaking the sections behind them.

ExpectoPatronum
March 27th, 2022, 05:35 PM
Double post but I got scissor-happy and cut in some more layers so I am out of the challenge. I might join for the second half of the year

:waving:

lapushka
March 28th, 2022, 06:17 AM

No trimming except for bangs, face framing layers (do they count as such?) Oh moot point, now I see your subsequent post. Never mind!

Joyful Mystery
April 25th, 2022, 11:12 AM
I’m still here!

Etm5676
April 25th, 2022, 12:26 PM
My last trim was in May 2021. I'm right about at hip length now, and I'm brand new to posting here. I haven't figured out the photo posting yet, and not sure if I'm allowed to post them until I've interacted more. I definitely have no intention of trimming anytime soon! I can certainly commit to 2022. :)

Etm5676
April 25th, 2022, 12:42 PM
I figured out the photo thing. These show my current length and I was trying to do hair typing. Based on this I'm probably 2b and hip length? It's an at-work backwards mirror selfie, so not optimum photo conditions. anyway, here we go for current state and commitment to no trim!

https://i.postimg.cc/9Qshqk0T/73-C19216-9836-4261-AE36-F9-D5-B7-E67592.jpg (https://postimages.org/)

KokoroDragon
April 25th, 2022, 02:10 PM
Welcome to the thread, Etm!

I'm still here as well. My ends were bothering me earlier this year, but I've been better at keeping my hair in a bun recently and it's a lot easier to leave it alone now. At this rate I should be able to easily make it to the end of the year with no trims. At this point I don't even know when I'll trim next, I think I'm too lazy to follow through even when I think I need one.

Bat
April 26th, 2022, 01:30 AM
I figured out the photo thing. These show my current length and I was trying to do hair typing. Based on this I'm probably 2b and hip length? It's an at-work backwards mirror selfie, so not optimum photo conditions. anyway, here we go for current state and commitment to no trim!

https://i.postimg.cc/9Qshqk0T/73-C19216-9836-4261-AE36-F9-D5-B7-E67592.jpg (https://postimages.org/)

Looks like between hip and BCL :D

Etm5676
April 26th, 2022, 07:57 AM
Cool! I'll get better photos for length and type today. Thanks!
:love:

Kerrtu-Kevät
May 13th, 2022, 10:42 PM
Guess I've dropped out, my ends were starting to velcro and made detangling a lot harder plus I evened out my ends too. Lost about 2" of growth but it's alright I'll probably still be hip by the end of the year and waist with a solid hemline is lovely :)

KokoroDragon
June 29th, 2022, 07:28 AM
Halfway through, who else is still here?

I think I really will need to trim at the end of this, my ends are feeling pretty rough despite gentle handling. Makes sense, the last time scissors touched my hair (apart from a couple S&D sessions) was December 2019. So if I trim at the end of this challenge I'll have made it 4 years!

thatsideoflife
June 29th, 2022, 08:15 AM

I think I really will need to trim at the end of this, my ends are feeling pretty rough despite gentle handling. Makes sense, the last time scissors touched my hair (apart from a couple S&D sessions) was December 2019. So if I trim at the end of this challenge I'll have made it 4 years!

Woah that's amazing! I haven't trimmed in over a year, but plan on maintaining after this year is over. We will see though. I like not trimming!

Bat
June 29th, 2022, 08:31 AM

Wow 4 years! I can barely go 4 days LOL

pisinoe
June 29th, 2022, 02:34 PM
Going strong so far, I think I can make it the whole year... At least I hope so! In August it will be a year since I last cut my hair though!

Joyful Mystery
June 29th, 2022, 03:52 PM
I’m still here and going strong!

cinamio
July 10th, 2022, 12:26 PM
Pulling out of this challenge, because I added some layers to my hair after completing First Half of no trims.

pisinoe
July 10th, 2022, 07:53 PM
I downloaded the hair growth data doc and by the end of this challenge I should be back at hip if all goes well. So I guess it's more motivation to power this year though...

qnlizbeth
July 10th, 2022, 08:27 PM
I downloaded the hair growth data doc and by the end of this challenge I should be back at hip if all goes well. So I guess it's more motivation to power this year though...

What is this growth doc you speak of?

LongLocke
July 10th, 2022, 08:56 PM
Still here and still no trimming. Although, I’m debating having a slight trim when I hit MBL (dry and whurled) to clean up my ends. But I don’t think that’ll happen this year as I’m barely past APL when my hair is dry.

pisinoe
July 10th, 2022, 09:12 PM
What is this growth doc you speak of?

https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=36275&page=17

qnlizbeth
July 10th, 2022, 09:16 PM
https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=36275&page=17

Thank you!!

Joyful Mystery
August 1st, 2022, 04:53 PM
I’ve gained 4 inches so far. Can’t wait to hit MBL in December!

LongLocke
August 1st, 2022, 05:19 PM
So far so good! August will make month 24 since my last trim

Joyful Mystery
August 1st, 2022, 05:24 PM
^Congrats! This is month 17 for me. :)

olivetime
August 2nd, 2022, 07:09 AM
Very happily out of this challenge! I went 19 months with no trimming which is amazing and I finally decided to follow my heart and trim my racers!!! Might go a little shorter later, not sure yet, no rush.

Good growing, everyone!

KokoroDragon
August 3rd, 2022, 09:30 AM
I just measured for the first time in months. I started this challenge at 33-ish inches, and am now at around 37!

pisinoe
August 3rd, 2022, 10:34 AM
So far so good. I'm having scissor fever again because every time I take a hair pic I see the hemline and I want it goneeeeee. But I can't emotionally handle a shorter length again, so I'll power through.

KokoroDragon
August 3rd, 2022, 10:15 PM
So far so good. I'm having scissor fever again because every time I take a hair pic I see the hemline and I want it goneeeeee. But I can't emotionally handle a shorter length again, so I'll power through.

Do you think you'll trim in one big chunk after this challenge, or microtrim so it doesn't feel like you're losing a lot of length?

Taliesyn
August 4th, 2022, 08:16 AM
I'm joining in :D
My last trim was in Oct 2021 when I took of nearly 10 inches (26cm) of my fairytale ends. I still have a lot of taper but those oldest ends weren't looking their best.
So far I've had a regrowth of 5.5 inches (14cm) since my last trim.

pisinoe
August 4th, 2022, 07:01 PM
Do you think you'll trim in one big chunk after this challenge, or microtrim so it doesn't feel like you're losing a lot of length?

That's a good question. Ideally I should probably microtrim, but I think that would be too hard for my to do it myself because I want an even straight hemline and it's impossible to do that alone. So I'll probably trim a chunk after the challenge or if by the end of it it still feels too short for me, I might wait another 3 or 5 months into next year to cut off at once.

Joyful Mystery
November 29th, 2022, 11:41 PM
Bump! This challenge is almost over! Congrats to those who are still here!

baanoo
November 30th, 2022, 04:37 AM
Another month to go! Congrats everyone!

I’ve completed my full year already, since I last trimmed in the fall of 21. I posted comparison photos in the yearly thread and while I do myself no favors being so inconsistent about length shots (Wavy! Straightish! Clumpy! Brushed out!) I was pleased with the amount of growth I’ve had this year.

KokoroDragon
November 30th, 2022, 10:29 AM
I just went over to the yearly thread to take a look baanoo. Great progress! It looks like you're in the final stretch to CL.

baanoo
December 5th, 2022, 04:46 PM
I just went over to the yearly thread to take a look baanoo. Great progress! It looks like you're in the final stretch to CL.

Thanks, kokoro! I have to admit it still feels so short (mostly because it’s fluffy and weightless, also because my texture waxes and wanes with the moon) that I took multiple photos to make sure it wasn’t just the camera angle :rollin:

Ylva
December 6th, 2022, 01:41 PM
I'm out, I had my hair cut today. Before and after photo in my album. :)

KokoroDragon
December 7th, 2022, 08:36 AM
It looks great Ylva!

Ylva
December 7th, 2022, 08:56 AM
It looks great Ylva!

Thank you!

Bat
December 8th, 2022, 02:05 PM
I'm out, I had my hair cut today. Before and after photo in my album. :)

Man I never noticed how close to knee you were are you going to keep growing?

Ylva
December 9th, 2022, 08:29 PM
Man I never noticed how close to knee you were are you going to keep growing?

Me neither. I had no idea. I only recently called MTL even. :lol: Yeah, I will! But I will also increase the rate of cutting off the bleach, I think.

baanoo
December 10th, 2022, 06:01 PM
Kokoro, I saw your photos on the yearly thread - your hair looks so good! Great growth and dang I’m envious of that hemline! :flower:

Ylva, what a wonderful year you have had! It feels so recently that you were hitting classic and here you are so close to knee! Looks great - and the deposit dye is the most fun :flowers:

KokoroDragon
December 10th, 2022, 06:42 PM
Thanks baanoo! It's definitely started to become a fairytale hemline over the years but it isn't obvious enough to really show up on camera yet.

Bat
December 11th, 2022, 02:25 AM
Me neither. I had no idea. I only recently called MTL even. :lol: Yeah, I will! But I will also increase the rate of cutting off the bleach, I think.

Very exciting to see you with all virgin hair :D

Ylva
December 11th, 2022, 09:12 AM
Ylva, what a wonderful year you have had! It feels so recently that you were hitting classic and here you are so close to knee! Looks great - and the deposit dye is the most fun :flowers:

Being busy with other things really is the key to hair growth! Thank you so much, lovely baanoo!

Very exciting to see you with all virgin hair :D

Tell me about it! I’m so sick of the tangling of the bleach D:

Bat
December 11th, 2022, 04:46 PM
Being busy with other things really is the key to hair growth! Thank you so much, lovely baanoo!

Tell me about it! I’m so sick of the tangling of the bleach D:
I'm a lost cause I think I'm a bleacher for life xD

Ylva
December 11th, 2022, 06:13 PM
I'm a lost cause I think I'm a bleacher for life xD

Good thing your hair can take it relatively well. For as long as you don’t go black, things should be good enough! :D

Bat
December 11th, 2022, 09:45 PM
If I don't keep bleaching out color I don't like that's a big challenge for me

Joyful Mystery
December 25th, 2022, 09:52 AM
Almost done with this challenge! I’ll measure on the 31st and will report back.

C_Bookworm
December 28th, 2022, 08:13 AM
I am so ready for January 1, 2023 and a trim! The majority of the year it has been easy to ignore my hair and look forward to the January 1 trim, but these last two months the ends have been grabby and tangly.

I haven’t committed to another no-trim next year. As I near my goal length, I’m going to have to figure out if it’s more helpful to microtrim or no-trim.

C_Bookworm
January 1st, 2023, 11:04 AM
I am so ready for January 1, 2023 and a trim! The majority of the year it has been easy to ignore my hair and look forward to the January 1 trim, but these last two months the ends have been grabby and tangly.

I haven’t committed to another no-trim next year. As I near my goal length, I’m going to have to figure out if it’s more helpful to microtrim or no-trim.
Trim completed, and I’m back to classic (I’d hoped to hit FTL by year end but my long arms did me no favors :p).

Joyful Mystery
January 1st, 2023, 04:50 PM
Almost done with this challenge! I’ll measure on the 31st and will report back.

My hair grew 6.5 inches this year.

foreveryours
January 1st, 2023, 06:31 PM
My hair grew 6.5 inches this year.

Amazing coincidence. Mine grew 13 inches in 2 years :p

Joyful Mystery
January 1st, 2023, 07:04 PM
Amazing coincidence. Mine grew 13 inches in 2 years :p

Awesome! We have the same growth rate :hifive:

Bat
January 1st, 2023, 07:56 PM
Mine tends to grow between 5.6 to 7 inches a year but the average is closer to 5.8

KokoroDragon
January 3rd, 2023, 09:43 AM
I grew from hip to TBL! I haven't measured in a couple months but I'd estimate I'm about 39 inches right now. I'll try to keep more accurate measurements this year so I can see my progress better.

Joyful Mystery
January 3rd, 2023, 09:53 AM
I grew from hip to TBL! I haven't measured in a couple months but I'd estimate I'm about 39 inches right now. I'll try to keep more accurate measurements this year so I can see my progress better.

Congrats on reaching tailbone! :cheer:

Finda
January 3rd, 2023, 09:59 AM
I didn't trim last year and I think I'm gonna go another 6 months without one to make it solidly past classic.
But then I'm looking forward to maintain around classic for a while to get rid of all the dead ends.