PDA

View Full Version : Advice for cutting bangs like this character?

Stardreamer
October 30th, 2021, 08:06 PM
Hey guys, I really want some hair to frame my face because I usually have my hair pulled back. So I'm thinking of cutting bangs, and I love the video game Final Fantasy VII Remake, particularly one character called Aerith who is a lot like me, so I thought, why not cut my bangs like hers? I've been pondering bangs for over a year now.

https://static.wikia.nocookie.net/p__/images/3/30/Aerith_Remakefull.png/revision/latest/top-crop/width/360/height/360?cb=20190910175156&path-prefix=protagonist

It looks like her bangs are mostly sweeping across the cheekbones and then there's some longer bits that reach past her chin, it goes nicely with her face shape. I have an oval face so I think any hairstyle/bang type would suit me.

I'm just going to DIY my bangs probably, how would you cut bangs like these? Tips please. Should I go to a hairdresser instead? :disco:

akurah
October 30th, 2021, 08:12 PM
That link doesn't go anywhere for me.

Kathie
October 30th, 2021, 08:20 PM
Same, I cant see a picture. Just a white rectangle.

Iyashikei
October 30th, 2021, 10:08 PM
I can't see the picture either and have no experience cutting hair, but I thought I'd make myself useful and look up the name. It's this character https://finalfantasy7remake.wiki.fextralife.com/Aerith+Gainsborough

KokoroDragon
October 30th, 2021, 10:23 PM
I don't have much experience with bangs or curly hair, so I might be completely off here, but have you seen what this style looks like on someone with your hair texture? I know certain styles can look completely different on curly hair than they do on straight hair. That said, I think longer bangs like hers would look great on you!

akurah
October 30th, 2021, 10:24 PM
I can't see the picture either and have no experience cutting hair, but I thought I'd make myself useful and look up the name. It's this character https://finalfantasy7remake.wiki.fextralife.com/Aerith+Gainsborough

Ah, probably would have helped if I had paid attention more to the post, as I'm familiar with the character.

So back to OP. Stardreamer, I hate to be a negative nancy, but I really have only one opinion, and that's not to do it.

Aerith's hair is quite straight compared to your, it's a 2b at most, and her bangs are 1c/2a, 2a at most. Your hair is a 3b/3c. It will not hang the same unless you literally style it every single day, and it would probably require heat, in order to make it look like that. I don't think it would look good unstyled. If you are interested in bangs, I recommend googling something like "bangs for 3b hair" and maybe looking through the pictures until you find some bangs you like.

Stardreamer
October 30th, 2021, 10:35 PM
Sorry guys! Here you go. https://www.google.com/search?q=aerith&rlz=1C1CHZN_enNZ975NZ975&sxsrf=AOaemvLdOIajD6P1RTJbL_Hj0T80Tahe-g:1635654795765&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwj6-c346PPzAhUHdysKHfnDCUkQ_AUoAXoECAEQAw&biw=1833&bih=894&dpr=1

Note: my hair is wavy when I brush out the curls. And I can straighten part of my hair by tying it into a tight ponytail when it's wet; it makes the hair above the hairtie straight. Or as near to straight as you can get. I'm confident that most of my bangs would be straight.

akurah
October 30th, 2021, 10:45 PM
Sorry guys! Here you go. https://www.google.com/search?q=aerith&rlz=1C1CHZN_enNZ975NZ975&sxsrf=AOaemvLdOIajD6P1RTJbL_Hj0T80Tahe-g:1635654795765&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwj6-c346PPzAhUHdysKHfnDCUkQ_AUoAXoECAEQAw&biw=1833&bih=894&dpr=1

Note: my hair is wavy when I brush out the curls. And I can straighten part of my hair by tying it into a tight ponytail when it's wet; it makes the hair above the hairtie straight. Or as near to straight as you can get. I'm confident that most of my bangs would be straight.

You know your hair best, if you're not concerned the straightness being a problem, might as well give it a shot. Her bangs are quite long and if it went bad it would grow out much faster than shorter bangs anyway. I would recommend having a professional do it though. They're a little bit layered.

lapushka
October 31st, 2021, 04:30 AM
I would not do bangs on curly hair, unless you cut them a fair bit longer and allow for the shrinkage (and not a lot of hairdressers will take that into account). So they will cut them straight, which makes you have to straighten (yes straighten), or blowdry that bit of your hair especially. 1/ you need to have the tools 2/ you need to have that time, each time you wash your hair.

So... No!

GoddesJourney
October 31st, 2021, 09:11 AM
It's a very cute style. I think you may have to top knot your bangs until dry so that they stand up and are straight. Part of what makes the look is that 90s M look with the bangs lifted up.

0xalis
November 1st, 2021, 07:38 AM
I love that you want Aerith's bangs!! I've considered doing the same before, FFVII is one of my favorite games ever :inlove:

Stardreamer
November 3rd, 2021, 12:39 AM
I love that you want Aerith's bangs!! I've considered doing the same before, FFVII is one of my favorite games ever :inlove:

Thank you! :D Yes it's a very nice game.

Bat
November 3rd, 2021, 05:21 AM
Your hair seems prone to Frizz especially at the ends there is a possibility the will Frizz out to, but if it's what you really want to do then go for it, just be aware it could turn our frizzy (ps I love your natural lighter piece it's cool